The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences 24 Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-04-03, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
I think the show rates a weekly thresd, so I'm beginning this weeks with an article in today's paper from the Chicago Tribune.

"A rush to judgment

Published November 4, 2003

- Is Kim trying to look like Debbie Harry, with her bad bicolor shag, or did all that peroxide finally catch up with her?

- So Jack's gonna kick heroin. In a day?

- Perhaps President Palmer should try abstinence, because his new doctor/girlfriend -- besides being a shameless steal from "The West Wing" -- looks like one more case of: Smart man, foolish choices.

- Oh, look, it's another crabby tech support guy (Adam) on the Counter Terrorism Unit. Just because people spend their entire adolescence indoors, learning programming, doesn't mean they're socially incompetent.

- It's not enough for the dippy kid at the center of the "plague" plot to be selling cocaine. He has to be selling it to help his broke mom who is undergoing dialysis.

- The drug villain, Salazar, isn't quite stereotypical enough. Perhaps he could also wear a sombrero.

- Did drugs mellow Jack? This may be the first time in "24" history that he hasn't killed or otherwise put the smackdown on someone for a whole hour.

On the other hand, there are some things about the new season that we like:

- Kiefer in a suit. Michelle in that top. Mmmmm.

- CTU staffers Tony and Michelle are married. Awwww. But send a wedding gift quick, because something's sure to go terribly wrong.

- The president's brother could be interesting, providing he doesn't get thrown down a flight of stairs or turn out to be yet another treasonous Palmer staff selection.

- Yes, the Ford plug in the premiere was brazen. But as environmentally despicable vehicles go, we love that giant truck.

- Finally, Kim made it through an entire hour without being in peril, though her insistence on telling daddy her troublesome romantic news on the potential day of L.A.'s doom proved she hasn't changed completely.

- Three cheers for bioterrorism via a cocaine-delivered flesh-eating virus! That is a plot.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. L82LIFE 11-04-03 1
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. PackMan 11-04-03 2
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Drive My Car 11-04-03 3
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. sittem 11-05-03 4
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Breezy 11-05-03 5
   RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. sittem 11-05-03 6
       RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Breezy 11-05-03 9
           RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Ahtumbreez 11-05-03 10
               RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Breezy 11-05-03 11
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. smiley 11-05-03 7
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Ahtumbreez 11-05-03 8
 What I'm Wondering Devious Weasel 11-05-03 12
   RE: What I'm Wondering Schnookie Palookie 11-05-03 16
       RE: What I'm Wondering sittem 11-05-03 17
           RE: What I'm Wondering Schnookie Palookie 11-05-03 19
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. blacknwhitedog 11-05-03 13
   RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. AugustGirl 11-05-03 14
       RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. sittem 11-05-03 15
           RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Breezy 11-05-03 18
               RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. sittem 11-05-03 21
                   The dead people Breezy 11-06-03 23
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. L82LIFE 11-05-03 20
 *Gasp!* GlassJax 11-05-03 22
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. blacknwhitedog 11-06-03 24
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Loree 11-06-03 25
 RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. jkokoj 11-07-03 26
   RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. blacknwhitedog 11-07-03 27
       RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. jkokoj 11-07-03 28
       RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Big Al 11-07-03 29
           RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Schnookie Palookie 11-07-03 30
               a Big Welcome to Big AL jkokoj 11-07-03 31
           RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. sittem 11-07-03 32
           RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. AugustGirl 11-07-03 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-04-03, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Great article, sittem. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-03, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
So at what point does Heather Locklear join the cast?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-03, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."

We're all together again! Almost as good as 24 itself is the discussion threads! ( and it's nice to see you Sittem)

I got home on time! YAY!

I was thinking of starting a " shallow side of 24" thread, but I hope you don't mind, I think I'll just put the shallow stuff here.

I really like Kim's haircut. It's very much like the cut I've been wanting. But that bad yellow haircolor is awful. She seems a bit more together, but still self centered. I mean what the hell, her Dad is busy saving the world again and she wants to burden him with her issues? It's all about Kim. I think she'll be kidnapped and in peril again before the 5th hour.

Is Jack gonna look like crap the entire 24 hours?? I like a sweaty Jack as much as the next gal, but he looks awful. I'm still not sure if I like the addiction plotline. It ads an interesting element so far, and I was glad not to see Jack stick the needle in his arm last week, will see where they take it.

Jack did too kill some guys, he shot up a some drug dealers in that building. Lucky for him the one who knew the kids name was the one who ran.

I still love Palmer, just not happy with who he surrounds himself with, that brother of his is going to cause trouble.

Now what about Chloe? Is she a bad guy, or just a snotty, whiney disgruntled employee who is gonna screw up? her whole " stop yelling at me" bit is irritating.

The Druglord's girlfriend, she is going to be his downfall. ( I hope)

I love this show!

11-05-03, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Just finished watching and it's 11:45 here - almost always have to watch on tape. Gotta make a few quick observations.

I hate the drug addiction also, but you know it'll have a major impact as the day goes on and I guess I'll get used to it.

It took a long time for Jack and sil (future son-in-law) to shot 'em up - over 90 minutes into the season. But, I see his interrogation techniques haven't changed.

Even though Palmer's brother is being set up as shady I think he'll actually stand strong and be a help in the long run. And, didn't your blood run cold when he said "Sherry"? Oh, what I'd give for a Sherry appearance!

Finally, the show is predictably setting us up the last three minutes each week for the cliff hangers. I've gotta wonder how bad the screening process is in HR at CTU - what is this guys name - I missed it. And, what's the under/over on how long before he grabs Kim and holds her hostage?

What's Palmer's doc girlfriends secret and how does his opponent know it?

Did Chloe catch terminal stupidity from Kim?

And, isn't Jack a considerate fil thinking of taking the risk out of sil's life?

I love this show........

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Last night was good, Kim is still annoying though. Dad has enough on his mind leave him alone! Feel sorry for Chase now that Kim has told Jack.

Another mole in CTU!!! Unreal. I didn't catch his name either.

My first reaction after seeing the previews for next week, was that there's more than one kid with a bag of coke. Could this be true? Was that Kate or who in the truck with Jack in the previews?

11-05-03, 08:06 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
It did strike me as looking like Kate, but I wasn't willing to bite - what do others think?

11-05-03, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
I didn't tape it, but you did Sittem. You'll have to study that shot and let us know.

What about the more then one kid with a bag of coke? Do you think I'm on to something there or in left field?

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Breezy, you're always off in left field. We keep calling your name but you keep picking daisies.

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original

11-05-03, 09:41 AM (EST)
11. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
That's what that was????? I thought it was the ice cream truck, and I was thinking how nice it would be to have some quarters in my pocket so I could go get some ice cream....

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-05-03, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smiley Click to send private message to smiley Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Was it me or did anyone else think they had more than usual commercials last night? Were they trying to make up for last week? Anyway I thought it was pretty good. I don't like Palmers girlfriend...she seems pretty shady. I am still trying to figure out if their relationship is supposed to be a secret or not.

Kim is still annoying but at least she isn't in danger...yet.

Chase is pretty cute

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Good morning all
Loved the show last night. Still hate the addiction thing but can deal with it. Told DH last week there has to be a new mole in CTU for Kim to be in peril this season, but didn't dawn on me who it was until way after he opened the door. So there are days I'm slow, so what!

I talk to my television more during this show than any other. Drives the DH crazy

TummyBreez

a beautiful kyngsladye original
24 hours does not a day make, it makes a whole freakin' fantastic season!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "What I'm Wondering"
I think there has to be a connection between the bio-weapon in the coke and the thing the assassin used on Palmer at the end of Season 2.

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What I'm Wondering"
What bothered me about the beginning of this season is they re-show the ending from last season regarding Palmer and his hand. Then they cut to 3 years later. Bothers me that Palmer's hand issue wasn't resolved ... like who did it. Or, did I miss something.

Speaking of missing something, how did Jack become an addict? I've heard people mention Salazar but I don't remember anything from last season or the one before that. Am I having blackouts?

11-05-03, 02:33 PM (EST)
17. "RE: What I'm Wondering"
I'm wondering about tying up loose ends from last season also...will the woman who infected him come back in any way?

As far as addiction - it came as a result of six months infiltrating Salazar and a need to enter fully inyo the drug culture - at least that's my take.

11-05-03, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: What I'm Wondering"
As far as addiction - it came as a result of six months infiltrating Salazar and a need to enter fully inyo the drug culture - at least that's my take.

Sooooo, it happened in the 3 years between last season and this season and wasn't part of last season's show? If so, then PHEW! I didn't have a black out

Thanks Sittem *smooch*

*bovinated in honour of FarmBoy's anniversary and 1K*

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Ooooo, mole at CTU- how long do you think before Kim gets taken hostage?

Another quality Ice Cat creation 2003

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
That was my thought exactly as the show ended last night. Jack was just telling Chase that he got Kim into CTU so she would be safe. Kim safe? Not hardly. Especially not with a mole in CTU.

She'll be taken hostage some time around 7pm. 9pm at the lastest.

11-05-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Oh, I think she'll be a hostage before that - she can't emote properly in the confines of CTU.

Breezy - on the two coke issue - I went frame by frame and I don't think so. As for Kate - well, she's similar but I just can't tell for sure. Since he had contact in hour 1 I suppose it makes sense he might call on her for help - maybe she's a stringer with CTU.

Funny thing about the tape - in between the scenes for the preview there was 3-4 frames of strange "interference" - just a mottled blue screen sort of thing. When I watched it in regular speed later I noticed it, but not the first time through.

11-05-03, 02:43 PM (EST)
18. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Couldn't there be a monitor of another kid with a coke bag that they just didn't show us, or even more than one?

Another question (I'm going to have to start taping this show) did it look like Dad flushed the toilet? If so how the heck can they disinfect the water system? That's what makes me also think there's another bag or two of coke out there. They infected more than one druggie, we saw them dump all those bodies in the first hour.

11-05-03, 05:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Mom was dumping the drugs and flushing. I think she must have paniced when Jack came into the apartment in his hazmat suit. It could be that there's other drugs and this is just a red herring to take CTU off the hunt.

The dead people were on the farm in Mexico - I'm guessing they were part of the production team putting the virus in the coke and were "expendable" - once infected they were just dumped.

11-06-03, 08:26 AM (EST)
23. "The dead people"
Now I took it to be that he had infected a bunch of different druggies and then decided which one to use. Didn't he make a comment about he didn't choose to use those ones so dump them?

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Another great episode!

I don't trust Palmer's g/f either. Not sure why, but there's something sneaky about her. But then, I also don't trust his brother.

Chloe is a dark, strange character (btw-what did that actress play in before?). I don't think she's bad, just really odd and will screw something up before the day is out.

If it was so easy for them to off Jack's wife in the first season, why oh why can't they seem to do the same with Kim? At least they could have had her lame self attending an out-of-state college.

GlassJax 1062 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-05-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GlassJax Click to send private message to GlassJax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "*Gasp!*"
What the...damn!

I missed the 2nd episode. They re-airing it this weekend?

11-06-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Re-watched the tape yesterday.

The mom dumps the drugs in the toilet apparently thinking it's a drug bust and Jack in a hazmat suit says "the virus is out".

The blond woman in the car with Jack is definitely not Kate Warner- but I don't know who she is. Possibly a new partner since he benched Chase.

The mole's name inside CTU is Gael.

Chloe is another character like Sara Gilbert from previous season- flakey computer operator. Expendable character who will die soon.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-03, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
"The drug villain, Salazar, isn't quite stereotypical enough. Perhaps he could also wear a sombrero."

This made me laugh out loud and spit my diet pepsi.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Thanks sittem that was too funny.

I was confused as to the timeline as well. I told my hubby that this had to be at least 1-2 years after the attempt on the President's life. Then I realized Palmer was campaigning again.

I summized 3-4 years which would explain why Kim is "smart" now and that Jake is addicted to something. Are we sure it is heroine or some other smack? Do we know for sure he was in with the sombrero guy? I was thinking Jack got addicated because of his heart being shocked so much and he had lots of pain.

Glad we have a weekly spot for this show. I enjoy it bunches!

11-07-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
I believe the story line of the show is 3 yrs later. Palmer is campaining for re-election.

Jack is apparently addicted to heroin- which he had to take to convince Salazar that he was "in". Chase suggested to Jack that he could use methadone to break his habit. Jack does not want to admit to his "habit" to seek rehab.

Kim is "smart" now? LOL!

11-07-03, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Thanks BWD. I know I know the Kim is "smart" thing is just too funny. Like we are gonna believe this girl was capable of getting into CTU on her own! HA

Big Al 293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-07-03, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Big%20Al Click to send private message to Big%20Al Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
Being new here, I have not read previous threads nor have I actually read this thread yet, but I hope many of you agree with me that the best possible thing that could happen in this series is for the daughter to be blown up, shot, strangled or hit by a meteor.

11-07-03, 03:07 PM (EST)
30. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
I think we would all agree with you Big Al. Again, welcome to the boards and hope you have fun.

11-07-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
31. "a Big Welcome to Big AL"
You are gonna fit in just fine Big Al!!

11-07-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
32. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
LAST EDITED ON 11-07-03 AT 05:05 PM (EST)

I don't think there's anyone on the board that would disagree with you one iota. Nice to have you here Al and keep the comments flowing!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-03, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: 24 - 2 p.m. to 3 p.m."
I vote for the meteor. It would make for some fantastic special effects.

Welcome Big Al! Nice to have you.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •