The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences 24 Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-07, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
The recycled mess of Season 6 apparently ends with a high note tonight, as Bill Buchanan becomes a field agent with Jack ... and Jack reaches the "crossroads of his life." (Thanks, Czar)

I don't want to spoil the ending (Czar and Kuja have already done that convincingly on the 24 Insider board), but it looks like we have a "cold" ending that doesn't set up any future action (unlike the situation after seasons 4 and 5).

Maybe the writers can head off in a new and better direction outside of the confines of CTU.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 J Slice 05-21-07 1
 RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 Fishercat 05-21-07 2
 RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 trigirl 05-22-07 3
   RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 AyaK 05-22-07 4
       RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 Corvis 05-22-07 5
 RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 blacknwhitedog 05-22-07 6
   RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 bruma 05-22-07 7
       RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 trigirl 05-22-07 9
 RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 AugustGirl 05-22-07 8
 RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07 Loree 05-22-07 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

05-21-07, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
Lame.

And I really, really hope this doesn't mean writing out Morris and Chloe and Bill and Nadia and... etc.

But it probably will.

::sigh::

Hooray for the O'Brians!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-21-07, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
I want the time from 9:30 PM to 10:00 PM back.

Thanks.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-22-07, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
What a strange way for the season day to end. I was expecting something a little more. Although....I have to say it was nice to see Jack be a little more human. Was that the way the 24 Insiders called it? I thought there might be another twist.

I was surprised that Josh's parentage was not addressed. Since Jack did not carry his dadd's dead body back (a la Locke) then we can assume we will see Philip again one day.

I was thrilled to see Buchanan in the field. And he thought he would be rusty flying a helicopter...tee hee.

Thought the music for this ep was top notch. Very moving.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
The bits about Josh's parentage were apparently cut after being shot. Just as well.

But, yes, the rest of the ending followed the revised shooting script. Frankly, I like the idea that Season 7 can start the way Season 1 did, with no connection to Jack Bauer or Jack Bauer's backstory whatsoever.

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-22-07, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
I say do 24 with Doyle in the lead role. Maybe his eyes aren't as badly injured as they said...

Jack's character has gone as far as he can go. Actually, what they should do is kill Jack off in the first episode of next season. That would be a shocker.

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
How many people think Phillip got in the little raft with the component before the platform was destroyed- raise your hand.

Geez, I thought Jack was going to jump off the cliff at the end and end it all.

Slice n' Dice Chop Shop ©2004

bruma 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-22-07, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bruma Click to send private message to bruma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
Jack is finally at his wits end. He saved the world yet again and didn’t get the girl. The one line that really stuck with me was “I am good at that, killing.” He thought about what danger Audrey would be in and left her. No, I didn’t think he was thinking about suicide since he still had the gun. He was carrying it cuz all day he was getting shot at! Granted, this season was a bit of a mirror of past seasons, but I am still in there for the long haul. We have been spoiled with such high quality writing and performances that the bar is really set high. Think about other series. Do they kill off major characters? Do they have the mysteries and excitement that “24” is famous for? Jack is staring out into the ocean and realizes that he is all alone. And he will be alone if what Heller says is true. Once again, Jack will forge ahead and reinvent himself. That’s the beauty of this show. It has the fluidity to reinvent itself.

I, too, have questions about characters, what happended to them, why did they do stuff. I would be curious to see what the writers say. If they spend too much time on the characters' disposition - does this take away from the action of the show?

I have read that the writers are planning a big change for next year – possibly CTU is gone, the center of the action is out of LA. Hey, I am on board.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-22-07, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
I have read that the writers are planning a big change for next year – possibly CTU is gone, the center of the action is out of LA. Hey, I am on board.

Good. There are endless possibilities out there. I am tired of CTU and LA.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
Was not prepared for Doyle's accident. ACK! ICK! I'd like to see Doyle next season, but I guess even being blind in one eye would prevent him from serving.

I'm glad Jack gave Secretary Heller a piece of his mind. What a jerk.

The "cold" ending seemed very anti-climatic, but it is nice to know the possibilites for next season are wide open. Let's hope the writers take all the negative reaction to this season and find a new direction.

Like Bawdy, I think they left the door open for Evil Daddy Philip Bauer to come back.

a J Slice original. bounce by Icey.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-22-07, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S6 E23/24 (4-6 AM) -- 5/21/07"
I was really enjoying the final 2 hours of the day. Loved seeing Buchanan in the field with Jack. Then the ending kind of left me unimpressed. I enjoyed watching Jack tell off Heller. But I never wanted them to bring Audrey back this season. Having to see her again wasn't exactly an exciting ending. I just was expecting something more. This would have been a fine ending for the series but not for a season. But thinking back it was probably done so they can start in a new direction next season. And they do need to get out of LA and CTU.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •