The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Column in the paper today"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences 24 Forum (Protected)
Original message

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-06, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Column in the paper today"
This is from a local columnist who spends most of his time commenting on Chicago and Illinois politics. Occassionaly he strays into other subjects (he's a White Sox fanatic for instance). Today he writes about 24.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0604130121apr13,1,3799857.column?coll=chi-news-col

Millions of Americans were thrilled with the news that actor Kiefer Sutherland has signed on to play ace terrorist hunter Jack Bauer for another three years or so on the hit TV show "24."

Did I say millions? I meant trillions.

So Bauer will be around to say "I promise you" and "you're just going to have to trust me" and "you've seen my dossier; you have no idea the lengths I'm willing to go to get that information" and the rest of us can relax.

Jack's free to jam live electric cords into the chests of men who were either married to, or dated, his girlfriend, but only in the name of national security. So we're all thrilled, except for one fellow.

...and the article goes on.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Future plots? J I M B O 05-09-06 1
 Cynical thought Jims02 05-09-06 2
   RE: Cynical thought Emily RugBurn 05-12-06 3
 RE: Column in the paper today BlueLies 05-14-06 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

J I M B O 6839 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-06, 05:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to send private message to J%20I%20M%20B%20O Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Future plots?"

sometimes i wonder how many seasons they can keep going with the whole jack/ctu setup.

i'd like to see him break away from ctu and have some james bondish license-to-kill season.

think they'd ever be able to come up with a convincing way for him to go bad? sheesh, can you imagine jack as a bad guy?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Cynical thought"
I was thinking last night that wouldn't it be a crazy twist if they killed Jack off at the end of this season? Especially since they pretty much told us in advance that he's safe? The motto of 24 seems to stress that no one is really safe, so it makes me wonder... In past years, they had deliberately not re-signed Sutherland's contract, just to keep everyone in the dark.

The cynic in me is starting to wonder if FOX is setting everyone up. Probably won't happen though.

Thanks for posting the article, sittem.

Emily RugBurn 663 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Emily%20RugBurn Click to send private message to Emily%20RugBurn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cynical thought"
I thought the same thing, Jims02. That perhaps maybe Jack would be killed at the end of this season, and the next few seasons would be prequals of what happened when he and David Palmer served together as part of a military operation that killed a Kosovo terrorist (I think that's what happened, anyway...)

Probably just wishful thinking on my part since I miss Dennis Haysbert so darn much!

~ EmRB

Generously handcrafted by the Amazing RollDdice; no relation to the Amazing Spider-Man.
Thinking Out Loud

BlueLies 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-14-06, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueLies Click to send private message to BlueLies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Column in the paper today"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-06 AT 00:50 AM (EST)

Three years?

I was wondering the same thing, where are they going to go with this story and not risk being too repetitive...

so...

I think it probably means Bauer will get a big promotion after they kill off Mr. Prez and this weird group the President is tied to.

http://news.yahoo.com/comics/

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •