The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale Question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-02-06, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale Question"
Is the finale live or taped? If taped, how far in advance to it airing?

I saw they are having a reunion show. Did they have one last year and what happened? Do they all sit around and talk about what went on during the season?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale Question CattyChat 02-02-06 1
   RE: Finale Question Elaine0 02-03-06 2
       RE: Finale Question CattyChat 02-03-06 3
 RE: Finale Question Agman2 05-20-15 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-02-06, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale Question"
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-06 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

Last year the whole season was taped well before it aired. Then when it came down to the final 4, reports started leaking on who was out & who the real final 3 were.

Last season they had Austin (who finished 4th) actually show an old collection of his at NY's fashion week as a decoy -- but it was so obvious that it was not a collection made for the show, that the reports leaked that he wouldn't be in the final 3. He was one of the faves last season.

There were photos posted on the net of each of the fashion week collections well before the finale aired. I would guess that the producers are doing something different this year so this won't happen, since the show ended up being such a success.

Edited to add:
Oh & the reunion show. Last year, they all sat around, some drinking A LOT. Last year's reunion show was GREAT, because there were a lot of squabbles & controversy during the season, which left the reunion show a ticking time bomb. One of the designers walked out. It was DAW-rific.

This year will probably be very low key, since everyone mostly got along swell.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Elaine0 1507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-03-06, 07:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elaine0 Click to send private message to Elaine0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale Question"
For last season could the designers make whatever they wanted for the finale or were they given specific instructions? About how many pieces did each design?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-03-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale Question"
From what I remember (I didn't watch any reruns of the show since last season, so memory not 100%). The only real constraint was the fact that they had a set amount of money. I can't remember how much. That money was to cover EVERYTHING - material & accessories. There was a big mess last season where Kara San "cheated" by having a "friend" create designer shoes for each of her outfits for practically nothing. Her shoes were a big adding touch to her collection. She was called on it right before the show & had to scramble & choose plain shoes from what was provided by the show.

The designers went back home after the final 3 were chosen & I think they had about 3 months to create their collection and it could be whatever they wanted, they just had to stay within the budget.

Midway through their 3 months (or maybe 2? I don't remember) Tim Gunn went to each of their homes to look at their progress & give them his opinion and suggestions.

I think each designer had about 6 outfits. It was cool to see what each designer did with their money & creativity.

Oh and they each had their one model for the show & when they got to New York, they were allowed to choose from other models (not Project Runway models but models from the agencies in New York that were available). They were put in a room with so many photos to go through & Kara San, the previously "sweet considerate" designer turned greedy & diva-like & quickly snatched up any model that had a "name" & was semi well known. I seem to recall that there may have been a ANTM candididate that was chosen by Kara San -- does anybody else remember?

The finale last season was really great -- lots of drama & some great designs & one collection that clearly didn't belong there (*coughWendy'scough*). It was a close competition between Jay & Kara San.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Agman2 1227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-20-15, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale Question"
Is the finale live or taped?

Yes.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •