The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-26-13, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
Hi Everyone,

How did you like the show last Thursday? I watched the preshow too. I loved that the girl who was putting everyone else down and building herself up got the boot! Thank goodness Cindy didn't - even though her dress was butt ugly. At least she tried! And Cindy's book looks beautiful! So I hope her work improves.

I think the standouts are Stanley and Daniel - both design and craftsmanship, and personality. I loved Matthew's little bell skirt - so cute! The skirt on Samantha's black dress was ethereal with the gauze, and Patricia's dress was really cute. Whassup with Michele's fanny pack on her dress? That was so weird and the fabric looked like you'd wear it camping. And Richard HallmarQ is great but I have to joke: do you think that was his given name? I'm also rooting for Tu & James - they seem so sweet!

: ) Enjoy the new season! So great to see Mondo! And Zach Posen is doing really well. Enjoyed the judging.

Here we go!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... Snidget 01-26-13 1
 RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... udg 01-27-13 2
   RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... JessicaStevan 01-30-13 3
 RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... PsychoKitty 02-01-13 4
   RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... BOYmeetsREALITY 02-05-13 5
   RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... Belle Book 02-18-13 7
 RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... Belle Book 02-18-13 6
 Episodes 3 & 4 -- my own two cents Belle Book 02-18-13 8
 RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... PsychoKitty 03-26-13 9
   RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... jbug 03-26-13 10
   RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... udg 03-26-13 11
       RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... jbug 03-29-13 12
           RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... udg 03-29-13 13
 RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what d... Sunny_Bunny 04-27-13 14
   Finale! udg 04-28-13 15
       RE: Finale! jbug 04-29-13 16
           RE: Finale! Sunny_Bunny 05-01-13 17
   Finale comments AyaK 05-29-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-26-13, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
I liked a lot of the designs, not sure about the team every week. Especially if it is just everyone does their own thing and no need to actually be collaborative in what they output. If it is just 1/2 does a slightly different theme and we make them snark to each other's faces during critique, it may get old, quick.

Especially if some fairly regularly bad people stay safe for too long because they happen to be on a team that wins a lot.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-13, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
I knew who was going home before they even started sewing.

I'm withholding judgement on the teams concept until I see how it plays out. If it forces the players to improve the standards across the board, I'll be happy. If it leads to more backstabbing &/or obnoxious behavior, not so much.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

JessicaStevan 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-30-13, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaStevan Click to send private message to JessicaStevan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
Dresses of both both girls Matthew's little bell skirt and samantha's black dress was ethereal with the gauze

Patricia is also looking beautiful in the dress.

Enjoying the new season 11 and last i watched the Episode 2 - Spin Out here >> http://w.atch.me/hUs240

02-01-13, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
Episode 2 - so who do you think should have been the winner this week? Stanley gets my vote - I especially loved the shirt! - though the skort was awfully cute. They should do his design for the men and a modified one of Daniel and the girl's (the winner, but can't think of her name yet)design for the women. I wasn't crazy about the unbalanced lapel and back cut outs on the vest. Poor James - when he applied his work was better than anything he's sewn on the show. And Cindy and Benjamin look worse for wear after their review. Michele needs to be more positive! Loved the little black dress but it was wrong for being a server. Some interesting ideas!

Signature by tribephyl

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-05-13, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
I'm so torn apart by this season, as I am a big fan of the show but have ALWAYS hated the Team challenges the most.

This season I get #####-slapped by Heidi and told the whole season will be teams???? ARGHHHHH!!!

I feel for the creative individuals who have to compromise their talents to meet the "X" challenge of the week, under the watchful suggestions of a few with lesser talent. Never thought the team challenge really let anyone shine.

How about the best talent on the worst team? Don't get me started on that -- I LIVE IT!! HAHA!

Will be interesting to see how long they let the group thing carry on before mixing it up a bit.
I understand trying to keep it fresh, but TEAMS were my biggest nightmare!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-18-13, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
I actually think the right outfit won. Susan Sarandon wanted an outfit that was functionable for the Spin Club but also fashionable. That's a delicate balance and I think Stanley's outfit was more functional than fashionable while Joseph and Richard's outfit was a bit more fashionable than functional. Layana and Daniel's outfit was functional but also fashionable so their outfit deserved the win.

I think James just wasn't cut out for being on a team. When he tried to listen to advice from his team, he wound up creating blah outfits. I don't think Cindy's long for the show.

As for Michelle, I don't think her outfit in this challenge would have gotten her in the Top 3 had this just been a normal season, but I can understand why she would be so frustrated that the weaker teammates would keep dragging her down.

02-18-13, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
Sorry I didn't comment before now. I'll make my comments on the Teams edition episode by episode, beginning with this one:

I was pretty impressed by how Team Keeping It Real managed to work together and be a real cohesive team. That is one of the reasons why that team was the winning one. The designers on Dream Team worked more independently of each other, and that hurt their chances -- especially when they failed to work on Emily's garment until late in the game.

My favorite designer is Layana but I also like Tu. That said, I think Daniel probably was the right choice for the win. His suit could be made in so many colors and it showcased his great tailoring and construction skills. And of course, it helped that he was willing to help others on his team out!

Emily certainly was the right choice for da boot. Her outfit was a total trainwreck! It was so bad that it wound up on Project Runway's Fashion Disasters list!

02-18-13, 01:47 PM (EST)
8. "Episodes 3 & 4 -- my own two cents"
First, here are my two cents on Episode 3:

I can see why Kate and Layana's outfit was one of the winning outfits for the Surprise challenge -- it was stunning! In fact, I saw the commercial for Surprise and I loved seeing Heidi in that gown! It's perfect for the commercial campaign!

Daniel's outfit wasn't as suited for the commercial campaign but it was just fine for the PR event that would launch the fragrance. His gown was elegant yet the contrasting leather gave it the hard edge it needed.

Had Samantha been on Keeping It Real, she probably would have been in the Top 3. Her gown was lovely even if she didn't think it was great. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Once I saw Benjamin's gown on the runway, I knew Dream Team would lose again! That was almost as bad as Emily's outfit in the first challenge! However, he was more creative than Cindy and this was her third time in the bottom. Enough was just enough, so she got da boot.

Now for my two cents on Episode 4:

It was no major surprise that Dream Team was allowed to "steal" two members from Team Keeping It Real, although it was a little surprising that Team Keeping It Real could "steal" a member from Dream Team as well. Dream Team's choice to steal Layana and Stanley while leaving Daniel alone was a surprise but they made the right choice as things turned out. But Keeping It Real was probably smart to steal Michelle -- even if Michelle wasn't so happy with the result.

The reason why I say that stealing Stanley and not Daniel was the right choice (I would've stolen Layana) is because Stanley came up with a cohesive concept from the start. It seems like Stanley was the real organizer in Keeping It Real since they failed to have a cohesive concept until late in the game. By then, it was too late. Thus, Dream Team finally won!

While I personally preferred Layana's dress, I think Samantha deserved the win because her outfit blended hard and soft the best. That said, I still love Layana!

Daniel and Patricia's outfits might have been almost as bad as Joseph's (or worse), but Daniel had won one challenge outright, been a co-winner in another, and had worked with the winner in the third challenge. Patricia had been in the Top 3 twice and she had shown more creativity and taken more risks than Joe, especially in this challenge. Had Joe gone more over-the-top, Amanda might have been out.

03-26-13, 03:01 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think? Counting Down!"
So who of who's left are you rooting for? We have - Stanley, Patricia, Michelle, Daniel, Layana, Samantha (whoops! I was amazed she got the boot!), and Richard. Wow! . . . My favorites are still Stanley and Daniel. Although Daniel has been a bit uneven.

No one has the talent or drama of a Mondo or Seth Aaron, or Michael Costello. The clothes aren't usually something to swoon over . . . does that mean the show is running out of good applicants? But all of these people had great books when they started. I'm hoping the design gets a lot better.

The ep with the Thunder from Down Under was awesome only for the dancers - the clothes were awful. Though I laughed my A$$ off when they tried to tear their clothes off - hilarious!!! One of them is probably STILL wearing Richard's shirt to this day!

I'm rooting against Layana - she is such a whiny pill. Always so negative and always calling Richard tacky. Poor Richard - she is really making him her punching bag. But no one is as mean as Irina or Ivy . . . This is a pretty dull show! But I love my Tim!!!

Any thoughts? Are any of you still watching? : )

Signature by tribephyl

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-13, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think? Counting Down!"
Is Michelle the rocker girl?
I'm rooting for her.
In the first couple of team-ups she got the raw end of the deal.

Crusin w/ Tribe

03-26-13, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think? Counting Down!"
I don't looove any of them right now.

I think Daniel needs to go.

Richard seems to be hit or miss, but he had the only look this week that I really WANT to wear. Those lines were really pretty. OTOH, he needs to grow up.

Stanley's biggest fan is Stanley, and while he's definitely top-tier, I'm not sure he's the best of the season. Patricia's look was better than his this week.

Patricia is the UTR dark horse. The other designers don't get her, and when she talks, I'm not so sure, but she sends some neat stuff down the runway.

I think I like Michelle best as a person. I think she's been a bit screwed by the team theme. I'll be disappointed if she doesn't make F3.

Which leaves Layana. I don't care much one way or the other about Layana.

03-29-13, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think? Counting Down!"
Heidi hit the nail on the head; Layana thinks she is the cat's meow.

Layana has forgotten the first week (or was it the second) when she was teamed with Daniel; he saved her butt. She was so grateful to him.
Now? she thinks she is carrying him? poor little spoiled kitten.

03-29-13, 02:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think? Counting Down!"
After last night, I have an opinion about her. Layana needs to go.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-13, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Project Runway "TEAMS" - what do you think?"
I didn't really like the team format, but that maybe because if I was forced to "collaborate" week after week with people who ended up riding on my coattails I would get as sick of it as Michelle did.

I'm glad she won, although I really think her only competition was Patricia since she had such a distinctive and different POV. Stanley did some nice things, but tended to focus on older clients whether he wanted to admit it or not.

I came in today because during the finale last night, Patricia said she was dedicating her collection to the trees. Well, after this came down the runway ...

All I could see in my head was this tree;

04-28-13, 00:12 AM (EST)
15. "Finale!"
I loved Michelle's collection. I want that coat. I'm madly in love with the subversion of the popular, "Women don't get pockets." Eff that. You get saddlebags and clip and storage options galore! I even liked the feminine/masculine neckties, especially in juxtaposition to Stanley's insipid collection. ("All girls like sparkle." STFU nao plz. Some girls like sparkle, but some girls don't.) Her collection was beautiful and feminine and strong and versatile and practical.

I thought that Nina didn't "get" Patricia's collection, and that really wasn't Patricia's fault. I still thought that Michelle's was better, but there were some *amazing* elements to Patricia's collection that were totally swoon-worthy. I thought she did a fantastic job of taking American Indian elements and making them accessible. I loved the wine-red top with the weird sleeves and wish I had the body to wear it. The pants that went with it were perfect. I could see the Indian influence, but it wasn't in-your-face. The Eagle Feather dress that Nina hated, I loved. It evoked a keyboard at first, and you had to look closer to see that it was feather. Sure, it was simple, but it was pretty.

I was terrified the judges were going to like Stanley's pathetic collection. Forget "old". It was just ugly. The gold coat and the white dress were both pretty, but not really special. That tapestry "dress" looked like he just wrapped the fabric around his model like a towel and had an assistant sew her in (literally). I couldn't believe the judges liked it. I wonder if he was over confident and thought he didn't need to work very hard at home or if he just gave up.

Doesn't really matter. He got what he deserved, and my favorite won. I can't wait to see what Patrica does next, and Michelle totally earned her win.

04-29-13, 09:36 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Finale!"
I too am glad Michelle won. I'm not a "rocker" but I liked her edge.
I may get out some of my scarves and see how they look tied into a man's tie style. I liked that!

To me, Patricia's final run-a-way show (that's how what's her name pronounced it - the young woman eliminated a few weeks back)
anyway, was stronger than what she did during the season. All along some of her stuff was just too weird and non-fitting and just ugly. I thought they were keeping her for the "politically correct" statement or something - because they had never had an American Indian designer maybe.

Stanley deserved to be #3.

I am always surprised that they have so much left to do when they arrive for the final runway. They have what? 10 weeks to create the collection?
The creative process would take the longest for me; but the sewing part is easy. With a pattern, I can make a dress - or whatever - in 2 days or less from start to finish. So, once they have their concept and make their patterns? Why can't they get the clothes made?
I "get" a few alterations to fit the models. I get a few changes to please the judges. But they had too much still to do that they should have already had finished before they got there.
And, this is every season.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-13, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale!"
I agree with you and the judges who was first, second and third. I absolutely loved Michelle's first dress, the huntress one! And that coat was extremely cool. I liked that an older women could wear her clothes by simply swapping out the separates and toning down the rocker vibe.

I actually liked the blue truffula dress, being a person who carries my weight in the front, that "bag" style Nina complained about would hide it quite effectively. I also loved that feather dress. Nina just seemed to have it in for Patricia and her "out there" craft style. I loved that Heidi argued with her. Although I have to agree with Jbug that I really didn't anticipate Patricia's final products to be as good as they were.

Stanley - old and fugly. Not exactly the thing fashion week was made for.

As for your thoughts on the collection chaos; I agree with you so very much. The only one who seems to be on top of it was Michelle who, like Christian before her ended up helping everyone else. I think Patricia's problem was not really understanding how to use the styling to bring the collection together. Stanley, however was ridiculous - especially when some of the things he sewed could have been avoided just by doing what Nina suggested. Just put the cute top with a pair of pants and sew a little top to go with the left over skirt. Cut off a hem to above the knee. He made way more work for himself than he really needed.

But for what it's worth, even if both Patricia and Stanley had managed their time better, I think this was clearly Michelle's win anyway.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-13, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Finale comments"
First, I'm amazed that Heidi so blatantly rooted for Patricia, who should have been showing at a crafts fair instead of on a runway. Layana should have been a finalist. She was cut solely because of Heidi's love affair with Patricia. At least the other judges prevented Heidi from cutting Michelle to save Patricia the week before, even if they did allow her to place Michelle last.

Stanley's Fashion Week collection was HORRIBLE. What happened? Is it possible that the team concept benefitted him more than the others? All I know is that he really underachieved.

Patricia's clothes always included some good ideas, but they were deficient as clothes. And those wigs -- ugh.

Michelle was the obvious winner, but if Michael Kors hadn't been there for the finale, I think Heidi might have demanded to give the victory to Patricia. Thank heavens for small favors.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •