The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A New Season - Seriously"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-22-13, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A New Season - Seriously"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-13 AT 12:58 PM (EST)

Just caught a rerun of the new season premiere. My interest has waned and I don't quite follow the show but there should at least be a thread.

First challenge was to design something out of parachute material. Didn't we do this in the 80's?

Some of the highlights (can't remember all 16 designers):

Bradon won with a not all that impressive look, it had a flowing train that basically looked like a parachute.

Angela got sent home for a dull poncho with a hood. Actually I thought it was much better than the other two on the bottom but the other bottom two are going to create a lot of drama this season and producers could not let them go this early.

Sandro sent a model down the runway in less than one square foot of fabric that exposed her private bits and buns. It was censored by a black box to protect those viewers of a delicate nature. The outfit was cheap, vulgar and ugly. Sandro is also an arrogant d-bag who will create a lot of reality tv moments and no way the producers are going to let him go this early. Worst design by far.

Sue made a decent look without ever having used an electric sewing machine before.

Timothy. What can I say about Timothy? Certainly nothing positive. Pretentious to the extreme about "sustainability" he wanted his model to do a stupid interpretive dance down the runway in no shoes, no makeup and no hair products in a crappy dress that looked like it was saved from a burning train wreck. One of the most irritating and irrational people on TV. Of course they were going to keep him around.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A New Season - Seriously udg 07-26-13 1
   RE: A New Season - Seriously kidflash212 07-26-13 2
 Favorite moment Snidget 07-26-13 3
   Production props udg 07-26-13 4
 Episode 2 udg 07-26-13 5
   RE: Episode 2 kidflash212 07-28-13 6
   RE: Episode 2 Sunny_Bunny 07-29-13 7
       RE: Episode 2 kidflash212 07-30-13 8
           RE: Episode 2 Sunny_Bunny 07-30-13 9
 Episode 4, other than Sandro AyaK 08-12-13 10
   RE: Episode 4, other than Sandro JessicaRN 08-13-13 11
   RE: Episode 4, other than Sandro Sunny_Bunny 08-13-13 12
       RE: Episode 4, other than Sandro Belle Book 08-15-13 13
 Episode 6: scripted? AyaK 08-27-13 14
   RE: Episode 6: scripted? kidflash212 08-29-13 15
 RE: A New Season - Seriously jbug 10-01-13 16
 RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... PsychoKitty 10-11-13 17
   RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... kidflash212 10-15-13 18
       RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... jbug 10-15-13 19
   RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... PsychoKitty 10-17-13 20
       RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... JessicaRN 10-18-13 21
           RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... Belle Book 10-18-13 22
               RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... JessicaRN 10-18-13 23
           RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... udg 10-18-13 24
               RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... PsychoKitty 10-18-13 25
                   RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... Belle Book 10-20-13 26
                       RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... Sunny_Bunny 10-24-13 27
                           RE: A New Season - Seriously (The F... JessicaRN 10-28-13 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

udg 3107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-26-13, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A New Season - Seriously"
That first episode definitely left me worried about the rest of the season. Eek.

I liked sustainability guy in the pre-show. He had some amazing things. Then he got a slot and went insane. Not as cray-cray as the Russian guy apparently goes later in the season, though. I'm sure the producers think his violent outburst justifies not sending him home week one for the crotch uncovering shorts.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-26-13, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A New Season - Seriously"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-13 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

And one of the twists of this season is supposedly the judges are not told which dress belongs to whom until after scoring them. That attempt to appear more fair and objective went right out the window in the first episode as the boot was clearly producer driven to keep the crazies.

Snidget 44150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-26-13, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Favorite moment"
Very loud drama going on for no apparent reason, deaf guy turns off his hearing aid.

I'm sure several of the camera operators wished they could do the same thing.

07-26-13, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Production props"
I do give props to the producers for not subtitling every word out of the deaf-guy's mouth. For some reason, it seams like every other show that casts a deaf person who speaks English does so 100% of the time.

I was a bit irked at one of the pre-season judges (the guy in the middle--can't remember his name & don't care enough to look him up), who mumbled quietly with his fingers in front of his mouth when talking to the deaf guy. Not particularly helpful to someone who probably appreciates visual cues in addition to his hearing aid.

07-26-13, 10:32 PM (EST)
5. "Episode 2"
I can't believe they saved Timothy again!

And, I can't believe rerun girl won! Her dress was fugly.

07-28-13, 09:02 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 2"
Judges were smoking something before filming episode 2. No way Sandro's brown paper bag dress deserves to be in the top three. The man has no taste. Both dresses he's shown this season have been cheap and vulgar. Prostitutes at the Point in the Bronx wouldn't wear them. Even his own clothes look like something he found in a dumpster behind Goodwill in 1987.

I felt bad for the designer sent home, Kahindo. I didn't like the dress but it should have been enough to stay over Nicholas or Helen.

I've always known that the producers influence the elimination decisions on shows like this but don't remember it being so glaringly obvious as it has been so far on Project Runway this season. Helen emotional breakdown saved her and Nicholas' constantly being an irritating nitwit is keeping him around.

Sunny_Bunny 5591 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-13, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 2"
I have to agree with you about Kate, because I loved what Dawn did with her emeralds (did I mention how I love emeralds? lol)

As for Khindo, at least her design showed she could sew - Timothy is just so full of confidence that doesn't match his talent, (which is questionable at best) And I think Helen simply cried and drama-queened her way to the next round. Helen should have gone home.

And why did the guy with the silver dress not even make it to top 3? Every single judge gasped and "ah'd" when the model came out.

07-30-13, 10:35 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 2"
I was surprised Bradon didn't make the top three too. I actually thought he would win for the second week in a row. It is inconceivable that the judges placed Sandro's dress higher than Bradon's. The challenge was to create a look to showcase million dollar jewelry - Sandro's mess made his model look cheap and the jewelry off a rack at a dime store counter.

07-30-13, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 2"
They are going to keep the flake, the weeper, and the Russian cusser as long as they can to keep up the drama. (blech!)

I'd love to see a PR where the chaff got axed right away and the cut-throat real talent got to truly duke it out. But that's never going to happen.

AyaK 10211 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-13, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Episode 4, other than Sandro"
The dress Helen sent down the runway in this challenge looked like it belonged on a bag lady. She appears to be a talentless hack as well as a weeping machine.

Sue has yet to design anything that shows talent, and yet she's still better than Miranda. Zac had it exactly right when he said that Miranda hasn't shown any signs of being a designer. But she's hardly alone on this season.

The thing I found most interesting was how well Dom used Tim Gunn's advice. Her piece could have been a mess with all of the stripes. Her bowtie "add-ons" just looked tacked on to meet the theme. But she did a BEAUTIFUL job of construction with the striped chevrons on the dress, following Tim's advice, and so she really stood out. A perfect example of how picking a hard construction for a simple item can pay off on this show.

I also noticed that Tim, being a good mentor, didn't say anything about having given Dom really good advice but took responsibility for giving Miranda advice (even though the ugliness of her piece had nothing to do with Tim's advice).

JessicaRN 1099 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-13-13, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 4, other than Sandro"
I still really like this show. I'm enjoying Tim's expanded role. It makes you wonder what took so long.

Sandro was scary crazy. If I were Zac Posen, I would be looking over my shoulder. Sandro's designs look like you would see them being worn on Toddlers and Tiaras.

Jesse Tyler Ferguson should just be a permanent, revolving guest judge. He is always good and seems like such a genuinely nice person. I loved the colors in his ties.

08-13-13, 09:14 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 4, other than Sandro"
I had to laugh at Helen's righteous indignation when Heidi (truthfully) alluded that she won because Kate gave her the win. She really believes she deserved it, when it was clear to everyone that Kate was just trying to shed her "biatch" image from the other PR. lol

As for Sandro, they really picked a Brandon for this season, didn't they?

Belle Book 3585 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-13, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 4, other than Sandro"
As I said in an earlier thread about Sandro: "What a maroon!"

AyaK 10211 desperate attention whore postings

08-27-13, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Episode 6: scripted?"
I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to comment about episode 6. For me, this felt like the most scripted episode of Project Runway ever. After getting rid of the absolutely talentless Sue, this felt like a bonding edition, with a prearranged "Tim Gunn save" of the well-liked Justin to bring the group together while getting the save out of the way for the rest of the season.

Justin's piece wasn't good, but it wasn't close to the worst, considering how bad Braden's and Karen's pieces were. And Alexandria's piece wasn't the best (not even close), but giving her immunity gives her a chance to try something else that is wild but not particularly good. I would have given the win to Alexander, but that wouldn't have made for good TV, with the "outcast" coming back to win.

The one thing that surprised me was that Helen's piece seemed very good but was completely overlooked. Not sure why.

08-29-13, 12:26 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 6: scripted?"
Finally watched it last night and would agree. My DVR cut off the end and yet I still knew Tim was going to save Justin.

jbug 16763 desperate attention whore postings

10-01-13, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A New Season - Seriously"
I'm behind by 2 episodes but...
I just thought of an idea for one of their challenges.

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, it would be great if they would have the designers design for a cancer survivor. The episode could then be aired during October.

PsychoKitty 690 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-11-13, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
Well here we are at the cusp of the finale. I always love the house visits, but these were too short since the field is still SO CROWDED! . . . !

I loved Justin's test tube dress and the sound it made. He is such a sweet soul. . . I love Bradon and am rooting for him too! Alexandra had some cool stuff but I don't think she'll win. Dom has been batting .1000 lately. And they FINALLY got rid of Helen! Here comes the finale!

I wish they cut it down to three but at least the three I was rooting for to be in it ARE in it!

Who are YOU rooting for?

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

10-15-13, 10:18 AM (EST)
18. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I'm expecting Dom to win this fairly easily. Not who I'm rooting for but I think she will win.

jbug 16763 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-13, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I agree Kid. Dom does seem to be the most talented and consistent.

10-17-13, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
Before the finale tonight - I was just thinking of those hilarious dolls Alexandra's students made. The SCARY Sandro doll first came to mind! And the hilarious Miranda and Timothy dolls!!!! What were your favorites! : ) The Tim doll of course was adorable . . .

Signature by tribephyl

10-18-13, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I think the right decision was made. I really liked the runway show. I could see Kerry Washington or Heidi in many of the looks. There really were none that I hated. I though Braden's swimsuit look seemed kind of oddly placed, but I've seen a lot weirder things through the years. (remember human hair?)

On a different note, here in Denver, Mondo has remained pretty prominent in the community. The newspaper today had an article talking about his new line of eyeglasses that he has designed for a place called SEE optical. (not sure if it is a national thing or not).

10-18-13, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
Did Braden make a swimsuit look? If so, I forgot it. I know Dom made a swimsuit look and that seemed to me to be the only false note in her collection. But it's not as weird as the human hair and the rest of Dom's collection was pretty much top-notch! She deserved the win!

10-18-13, 12:42 PM (EST)
23. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
You're right. It was Dom's swimsuit.

The model spilling the coffee was kind of crazy. You would think there would be some unspoken rule about that.

10-18-13, 02:17 PM (EST)
24. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
Braden's unconventional materials look wasn't noticeable on the runway.

I think Dom had the best collection, but Josh had the single best look (the test tube dress). I thought he deserved 2nd place. Alexandra's collection didn't impress me nearly as much and her tears made me want to smack her.

10-18-13, 06:29 PM (EST)
25. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I totally agree with you. Dom's collection was solid. I didn't like all of the clothes but I could appreciate them, and I really like her and she is so talented and sweet!

I was really rooting for Justin (he is so sweet too!!! And his test tube dress was screamin'! I loved his other designs as well.) and Bradon. I do agree with the judges that Bradon's collection wasn't as concise but I loved the range and see why he did it. (You are right about his unconventional challenge dress - I had no idea that was the one until they pointed it out.) Alexandra's show was good but I wanted her to not be so emotional too. She has achieved a lot and has a good career. I don't know why she felt she had nothing if she didn't win.

All 4 of them have very bright futures!!!!

P.S. The coffee incident was just unexcusable! None of the models should have had food or drinks near the clothes.

Signature by tribephyl

10-20-13, 12:12 PM (EST)
26. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I totally agree about the coffee and I can see why Bradon tried so hard to get the food and drinks as far away from his outfits as possible! I would have done the same thing if I'd been in his shoes!

10-24-13, 06:36 PM (EST)
27. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I agree about the food and coffee. Somehow, I don't see them pulling that stunt for a Kors runway show.

10-28-13, 01:11 AM (EST)
28. "RE: A New Season - Seriously (The Final Three!) Well, Four. . ."
I just watched the reunion show and the passing of time has not softened a lot of the drama that went on this year. The accusations about the judges having their favorites finally caused Tim to curse.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •