The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"10th Season of Project Runway - Tim & Heidi are back!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-21-12, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"10th Season of Project Runway - Tim & Heidi are back!"
Wow - can't believe I'm the first poster here ;) Great first ep - some real weirdos this time! Will be interesting to see how it all pans out! I know my favorites! Who were yours?

Christopher's dress was incredible, Ven's rose petal top was beyond amazing, and I know what I didn't like - including Buffy's work and the Terminator girl Elena.

Fabio seems really adorable but I don't know about the dumpster diving - poor guy! The white girl with dreads is pretty funny - hmm a self stated lesbian into butch clothing? Quel surprise! Gunnar makes Josh look tough, and what's the story with Kooan? Many others stand out (I'm intrigued by the Russian former dancer) but we barely saw a bunch of them! (Nathan? Sonjia?) Any comments?

I'm so happy to see Heidi and Tim again!!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 10th Season of Project Runway -... Belle Book 07-21-12 1
 Episodes 2 and 3 AyaK 08-03-12 2
   RE: Episodes 2 and 3 Belle Book 08-10-12 3
 Episode 4 Belle Book 08-10-12 4
   RE: Episode 4 jbug 08-12-12 5
 RE: 10th Season of Project Runway -... PsychoKitty 09-22-12 6
   RE: 10th Season of Project Runway -... Belle Book 09-22-12 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-21-12, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 10th Season of Project Runway - Tim & Heidi are back!"
I really thought that overall, Ven was better, but I can see why they gave Christopher the win for his original dress. Too bad his LBD companion dress wasn't so good.

Where Bianca went wrong began with her choice of what original dress to bring to New York. That dress failed to show her own point of view -- if she had any, in fact. When it came to her companion piece, I don't think it really showed a point of view either, and the fact that she didn't have any real sewing skills hurt her as well. True, Anya had issues with time management all season long last year due to her own limited experience with sewing and she still won, but at least she had a definite point of view. Bianca didn't -- or at least, she didn't show one!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-12, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Episodes 2 and 3"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-12 AT 09:04 PM (EST)

Heidi could have stayed gone, but it's definitely good to have Tim, Michael and Nina back. My goodness, they've made a couple of largely uninteresting episodes look good.

Episode 2 was called "Candy Couture" and was the standard unusual material challenge, except with candy from a store owned by Dylan Lauren (Ralph's daughter). Only a couple of really interesting pieces, by Ven and Sonjia, but they were brilliant. Ven deservedly won. Several disasters, including Andrea, Elena, Nathan and Kooan, but deservedly in the bottom two were Buffi and Lantie. Lantie was booted for basically making a dress out of Dylan's store umbrellas instead of candy, which was fortunate for Buffi, because her piece was a disaster.

Episode 3 was called "Welcome Back to the Runway" and featured enough product placements to pay for the season. But it was fun to see former designers come back as models/clients. Ven won for Kenley's dress; she was much more fun than she was on the disastrous All Stars and looked good. I note, though, that Ven doesn't seem much into accessorizing, at least not so far.

Frankly, the best-looking "model" was Irina, despite that ugly butt seam on her dress, and I think that led to Gunnar and Kooan getting a totally undeserved top placing. The scarf (shades of Isadora Duncan) covered the workmanship failure, but the look worked more due to Irina than due to them. Give Gunnar full credit for the work, though, because Kooan did nothing useful.

The worst look was Mila's, as designed by Raul and Alicia. I was perfectly happy for Raul to leave. But I wouldn've loved to boot Christopher, too, just for general whininess. The sooner he's gone, the better.

The shame of this episode was that Dmitry and Melissa's dress for April was far better than Gunnar and Kooan's dress, and it deserved a top two place. Why didn't it get one?

Oh, and Krysten Ritter was every bit as bad of a judge (albeit a guest judge) as Harvey Weinstein's trophy wife (Georgina Chapman) was in All-Stars.

08-10-12, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episodes 2 and 3"
I didn't see Episode 3 (I was watching the Olympics and waiting to see Gabby Douglas win the all-around and become the Queen of Gymnastics), but I did see Episode 2! As such, I can give my two cents on it.

I think Ven was probably the best choice for the win but I would have been thrilled if Sonja won instead since I loved her candy dress! As for Lantie, if she had understood the purpose of the challenge, which was to use unconventional materials, and if she had been flexible, she would have been spared.

08-10-12, 08:19 PM (EST)
4. "Episode 4"
I really wish Andrea had the guts to say that she should go if she didn't really want to be there anymore instead of waiting until the middle of the night and then fleeing! I might have had more respect for her if she had done so, even if I don't have a whole lot of respect for quitters -- unless there's a family emergency like Jenna Moresca in Survivor All-Stars had.

As for the other quitter, part of me thinks Kooan should have stuck it out, but at least he had the guts to announce that he wanted out and I honestly don't think his aesthetic would have worked well on Project Runway -- it was too out-there!

As for the winner -- I loved Christopher's look but the look had to work for both day and night, and his look didn't quite work in both areas equally. Sonjia and Dmitri's looks were better in that regard, but I liked Sonjia's look more so I'm glad she won! As for Dmitri, he'll win a challenge soon.

What about Buffi? Well, she was true to herself and that's a good thing. And that was part of the challenge. What she forgot was the other part of the challenge! She had to create an outfit that would work well for a woman on the go, day or night. And let's face it, what woman on the go would wear Buffi's outfit during the day or the night? I wouldn't, that's for sure, and I'm no fashionista!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-12-12, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 4"
If you are'nt looking or close your eyes when Christopher is talking, don't you think he sounds just like Michael Costello?

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-22-12, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 10th Season of Project Runway - Tim & Heidi are back!"
So, we are down to Melissa, Dmitri, Elena, Christopher, Fabio and Sonjia. . . lots of drama to get this far!

I love Christopher and Dmitri "Oh! Elena," he says with his wonderful accent and eye roll "What did I do to deserve this?" That's how I feel at work every day!

Elena is a horror show - and she even looks like the Bride of Frankenstein! I can't wait for them to vote her off. I was shocked Ven went home before her last night. His dress was lovely, but I do agree it wasn't anything unusual. But her's was hideous!

Melissa - she has had some great moments. I loved her blue dress. Sonjia too has had some wonderful clothes including the loden green jacket. Fabio - I just love his energy. He is just so cool and he too has created some great things. But #1, I'm rooting for either Christopher or Dmitri. Both of their designs last night were so beautiful. Christopher's was so iconic and elegant with the skyline and see through sleeves, he had to win. Tough choice though!!!

Are you all still enjoying the show as much as I am? Tim Gunn, "that looks like menstrual pads all over the dress!" OMG!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

09-22-12, 02:21 PM (EST)
7. "RE: 10th Season of Project Runway - Tim & Heidi are back!"
It's better on this show to be bad than boring. Ven was boring. Also, at least Elena knew that the outfit had to be seen both close-up and far away!

Elena will go next week. Meanwhile, I'm glad that the "maroon" is gone from the building! Ever since he behaved so badly towards Teri, I've wanted him gone!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •