The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-11, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
As in the past two years, the final 9 from Project Runway all presented collections at Fashion Week on September 9 (Friday). I put this in a separate thread because it has real spoiler value, and I wanted to permit people t9o remain unspoiled if they so choose.

Here is the order of presentation of the final 9's collections:

Laura Kathleen
Bert Keeter
Bryce Black
Anthony Ryan Auld
Viktor Luna
Kimberly Goldson
Olivier Green
Anya Ayoung-Chee
Joshua McKinley

You can see each of the collections of the final 9 at this link. by clicking on the picture of the finalist:

http://bloggingprojectrunway.blogspot.com/2011/09/project-runway-season-9-finale.html

Guest judge was designer L’Wren Scott (who is probably better known as Mick Jagger's current girlfriend).

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Position analysis AyaK 09-12-11 1
   RE: Position analysis Belle Book 09-12-11 2
       RE: Position analysis AyaK 09-13-11 3
           RE: Position analysis Belle Book 09-13-11 4
 RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week ARnutz 09-18-11 5
   RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week PsychoKitty 10-23-11 7
       RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week mindy23 10-28-11 9
       RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week Belle Book 10-30-11 10
 RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week djandy 09-29-11 6
 RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week PsychoKitty 10-23-11 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-12-11, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Position analysis"
The last two seasons, the top 10 showed at Fashion Week. In season 7, the three finalists showed 7, 8, 9. In season 8, the three finalists showed 7, 8, 10.

I'm pretty much taking it for granted that Joshua McKinley, who showed last, isn't a finalist based on what we've seen from him so far. That would seem to leave Viktor, Kimberly, Olivier and Anya as potential finalists. (interestingly, Laura's collection seemed to be the best received, but it would require a major break of form for the person showing first to be a finalist.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-12-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Position analysis"
I think Viktor, Kimberly and Anya are the finalists. I think Olivier's design style is too limited for him to be one of the finalists. Of the 4 who are potential finalists -- and the 3 who I think are the Final 3 -- which one's collection was the best received?

09-13-11, 01:37 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Position analysis"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-11 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

I hadn't really wanted to go into that, but I guess I should.

This was the worst-received finale that I've seen in Project Runway history. No one really scored a knockout punch. "Racked" said that they had learned that the designers -- all 9 of them -- were only given six weeks to make the finale collection, and it looked it. Even Tim Gunn, in his nondescript post-finale interviews (in which he never mentioned how much time was allocated to make the collections), politely said that some of the pieces could have used some more time in the oven.

No one received universally positive coverage. Here was Racked's assessment:

Project Runway Finale: "It Was Like Watching a Pratt Show —- And Not Even a Graduation Show."

We spotted a few design trends: sheer tops, leather, and neutrals—particularly beige—popped up in a lot of the collections. Unfortunately, almost every collection included poorly fitted clothing. In some cases, this may just have been a result of the designer choosing a baggier fit, which we suspect was the case with Olivier. But there was more than one occasion, where clothing fit so poorly, that we feared tops were going to slip open and reveal all. If just one or two collections had fit problems, we would have blamed the designers, but this year, almost all of them had these kinds of issues, so we have to wonder how much time for fittings the designers were actually allotted.

Their favorites: Viktor, Olivier (whom they note they don't like on the show) and Bert.

* "Bert's sleek designs, with their flowing Seventies Halston vibe<, was> the kind of clothing Jackie Onassis would have worn to Studio 54."

* "<Olivier> caught our eye with his use of leather and his oversized jackets."

* "<Viktor's collection> had bold photographic prints (possibly made from using the HP and Intel tools) as well as a lot of clothing with an edgy rocker twist. Viktor created a couple of leather pieces, including a black skirt with multiple zippers and a white cropped motorcycle jacket with crystals, which we now covet. Other parts of his collection veered a little too closely to the slutty side of rock, particularly a few sheer black blouses with wide, strategically placed stripes."

FWIW, This indicates that Olivier and Viktor stuck close to the currently-hot S&M aesthetic in fashion.

* "Anthony <Ryan> strived towards fun, with short bob wigs and fun hats, but the clothing itself, including many tops with large masculine shoulders and others pieces made from drab prints, just didn't pop the way most of his designs on the show have."

* "Anya's tropical collection included a lot of loose print dresses, with quite a few looking like inferior versions of Uli's gowns from Season Three."

* "None of <Laura's, Josh's and Kimberly's> collections reached out and fully grabbed us."

* "Byron's collection didn't work for us at all, with its Mao/straight jacket-reminiscent tops and uniquely draped skirts—one of which we think had a hole in it."

09-13-11, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Position analysis"
I guess next time the producers should let the designers have more time to do their collections -- especially since Anya had only learned how to sew four months before Project Runway (or at least had only learned to use sewing machines four months before the show began). The extra time culd have helped her out a lot.

If Anya, Kimberly and Viktor are the finalists, then either Viktor or Anya won. If Anya, Olivier and either Kimberly or Viktor are the finalists, then Olivier most likely won it all. We'll find out as the show progresses and we see the winner's arc.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-11, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
Honestly? I don't care for any of those collections. I am thinking this is the weakest season ever.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-11, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
I so agree with you Arnutz! I am seeing none of the inspiration of previous seasons, and I've only watched the series on Lifetime. I don't think any of these people have a excitement or originality of Seth Aaron, or our beloved Mondo or Michael, etc. I cannot imagine any of them (other than Vicktor) creating a real line over the years . . . Who would wear Kimberly's big butt skirts? Or rageaholic Josh's clothes? Anya can make resort wear but what else? and WHY did they not eliminate the 4th either time?!!! Ack!

Still, I cannot turn away . . . only one more ep left! But what a lackluster season.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-28-11, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
So agree with Psyco and ArNutz-worse, most lackluster season eva! I almost fell asleep watching the finale...none of these people will ever be Christian, Jeff, Scarlett, Antonio, etc. They are just blah....hoping for some rowdy, not DOWDY, designers next season to give some WOW factor!

I do like that, towards the end, they all seemingly got along, but the hypocrisy of whatshisface was just too much. I couldn't stand him the entire season-good ol' Joshy Boy. Nothing but a total Bully!

10-30-11, 04:03 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
I can see Anya creating a real line over the years as well if she gains enough sewing experience and confidence in her technical skills to do more ambitious stuff. However, I'd agree that I can't see Joshua or Kimberly creating a really good line over the years.

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-29-11, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
The only one I liked was Bert's. The rest had some hits, but too many misses. No wow factor like Christian Siriano's collection.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-23-11, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 9 show at Fashion Week"
I looked at all the contestants BUT the final 4 so I can enjoy the show Thursday night:

Bert's 2 piece black dress looks fantastic! And of course I liked alot of his designs. Laura had some pretty things too, but what is up with Bryce's black wing cap sleeves on his dress? Yeesh! And Oliver's models' eyebrows are disturbed . . .! What a freak show!

And Anthony Ryan's models - were their arms painted blue?! And his shirt tails were just ugly.

Does anyone know the budget's for the wanna be finalists? I am curious.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •