The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-28-10, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale"
Bummer. I'm underwhelmed. Gretchen. Seriously. The entire time her line was on the runway I was shaking my head. The only thing I really liked was her jewelry. Wearable? Yes. Boring and wearable. Fashion forward? Finger on the pulse? Maybe of someone who's dead.

I thought both Andy's and Mondo's was better.

I agree Mondo's could have used some editing. But creatively he is far more talented.

Something has gone seriously wrong with this show, especially with Nina and Michael. I wonder if they were paid to throw the competition. That's how it feels.

It's a Tribe!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale princat 10-28-10 1
   RE: Finale PsychoKitty 10-29-10 5
       RE: Finale Belle Book 10-30-10 8
 Disappointed jbug 10-29-10 2
   RE: Disappointed KLicK 10-29-10 3
       RE: Disappointed ARnutz 10-29-10 4
 RE: Finale KwietOne 10-29-10 6
   RE: Finale crs3192 10-30-10 7
 RE: Finale - Great Posts on Tim's B... PsychoKitty 10-30-10 9
 Final collections on sale Snidget 10-31-10 10
   RE: Final collections on sale PsychoKitty 10-31-10 11
       RE: Final collections on sale Snidget 10-31-10 12
 RE: Finale PsychoKitty 11-05-10 13
 Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress Tahj 11-12-10 14
   RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress jbug 11-12-10 15
   RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress PsychoKitty 11-15-10 16
       RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress Tahj 11-16-10 17
           RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress PsychoKitty 11-16-10 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

princat 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-28-10, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail princat Click to send private message to princat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-10 AT 11:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-28-10 AT 11:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-28-10 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

I totally agree. The whole time they kept saying her jewelry and styling were nice and she was "fashion forward" but I never heard them talk about a piece and loving it. That to me is not a wow collection when you don't love a single one of the pieces.

When Jessica Simpson is the voice of reason that is pretty shocking. In judging she commented about being a designer meant be creative and different. How Mondo was the one who she saw that in. (or something like that)

The weird diaper things were just odd. I'm shocked Michael Kors didn't call her out on those. Aren't those worse then April had done? She even used them more then once.

While I think Andy did play it safe he had some beautiful pieces and I feel like his better then Gretchen as well.

I had to agree that this is one of the most underwhelming winners. Believe me I will not be going out and buying her clothes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-29-10, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale"
Great comments all of you! I loved the comment about Jessica Simpson - right on! And SHE was right on! I thought the point of Project Runway is to choose the best designer. Not the most commercial designer, or the one with the Macy's ready collection. Last night was SO disappointing! Gretchen is such a crappy person too and was bald faced lying at the short little reunion show (that was so disappointing too that tiny "reunion"), about her ##$%#iness and false attitude and bossiness throughout the competition. Oh well. But her clothes were so dull. Some of the fabrics themselves were pretty, and I liked one dress - a kind of leopard print classic dress I'm sure I've seen before; everything else was too retro or dull . . . How could Mondo not have won?! That was a crime! He is by far the most creative, and makes the clothes impeccably. And Andy's pieces were just BEAUTIFUL!

Maybe that WAS all it came down to - who listened to Michael and Nina - that got their vote. . . Very sad if that's true! And that was nice of Tim to be so congratulatory to Gretchen. I don't know if I could have! ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-30-10, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale"
I've been thinking long and hard about why Gretchen beat Mondo (and although I don't hate Gretchen as much as some others here do, I didn't want her to win either), I think I have an idea why Gretchen was in and Mondo was out. On the Reality News Online website, there was a column on why certain people were in and why some were out. There were also rules for the designers to know. Two of them were as follows: 1. Be original, creative, and have your own unique point of view and 2. Be flexible and versatile.

We all know that Gretchen and Mondo were able to show their unique points of view in the show (even if Gretchen's is more boring than Mondo's). But what really tripped Mondo up is rule #2: be flexible and versatile. Mondo was urged to edit that black-and-white polka dot dress by Michael -- like cut the hem or the sleeves so it didn't look costumey -- at least to the judges. Sadly, Mondo didn't do so. On the other hand, Gretchen was told to pump up the volume so that her outfits looked more like a collection for a fashion show -- and she was told to do so with the makeup and hairstyles (and with the accessories). Gretchen did so. That's probably why Nina joined Michael in turning in on Mondo and supporting Gretchen for the win.

But does that mean I would rather have had Gretchen win? No -- I'd have preferred Mondo or Andy. I'm just saying that I can see why Gretchen got the win -- she listened to the judges and Mondo didn't -- at the end. That's my two cents and that's all I'm going to say on the results.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-29-10, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Disappointed"
I was so surprised. I really thought it would come down to Mondo & Andy.
Poor designers can never please them; the judges harped on Andy for being too 'sharp & futuristic'; then when he tones it down, they tell him he lost himself - that they no longer saw him in his designs.
Shame on the judges!

I really liked Andy's line - even that strange bikini-thing.

Mondo's line was more "runway" style than the others; just not as wearable - to me that is. But I can see a lot of people wearing his designs as well.

I can see people wearing Gretchen's stuff but....
too many panties! Who wears an outfit with just panties????
seriously? where would any woman wear those?
(even Gretchen's own outfit for the finale was a sheer skirt w/ panties! she's obsessed with them I guess.) Gretchen owes April royalties for stealing the panties (diaper) design idea.

Flying happy with Agman - 2010

KLicK 316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-29-10, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KLicK Click to send private message to KLicK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disappointed"
I really felt like it came down to "Gretchen listened to me and Mondo didn't" with both Nina and Michael.

Shame on them.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-10, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Disappointed"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-10 AT 08:55 PM (EST)

I agree.

They really think the average woman would wear this???

I do not even think Gretchen would wear that!

I also felt like Michael and Nina felt their opinions mattered more.

I just feel that perhaps there are bigger things in store for Mondo, since he is not locked into this Runway contract.

Here's a q & a with Mondo: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/29/project-runway-the-runner-up-speaks/

I also feel Gretchen's stuff was total garbage and not fashion at all. esp. since she had THREE outfits with underwear/jacket/witch hat combo out of her TEN looks. Ridiculous!

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-29-10, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale"
You should read the scathing comments over at EW.com, their hate on Nina Garcia and Michael Kors, and boycotting Marie Claire magazine. LOL

If Gretchen was to win, why wasn't Michael C in the Top 3? Both of their collections were bland and almost the same color!

Is this "ready to wear" or a fashion show?

Mondo got robbed.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-30-10, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale"
Yeah! I thought the same thing about the colouring - they both picked all browns and earthy colours and Michael gets thrown out for it while Gretchen wins...doesn't make sense to me.

Also, I saw so many things in Mondo's collection that I would love to wear. And there were plenty of items that an older woman could wear as well, as both Heidi and Jessica attempted to point out. I don't even see the problem with creating a youthful collection, if that's what Mondo was going for. Not everything has to be made for women in their 40s! In fact, if I were a store like Macy's, I'd love to have Mondo's clothing to sell and market to a younger crowd.

10-30-10, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Finale - Great Posts on Tim's Blog"
Hi! I wound up over on Tim's old Blog page and the fans are going nuts. My favorite is from Jeffrey:

Gretchen? R u serious?
Submitted by Jeffrey2005 on October 29, 2010.

Gretchen? R u serious? Her clothes are boring & homely. If that's what women r wearing these days, no wonder I'm a homo. Andi or Mondo should have won. I have watched Project Runway from the start, and I usually agree with the winner. I don't know if I can watch it again. I'm so furious! Gretchen? Really?

Wonderful!!! Enjoy everyone ;)

http://www.bravotv.com/project-runway/blogs/tims-take/finale-part-2

Signature by tribephyl

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-10, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Final collections on sale"
http://www.seenon.com/

Mondo-10 of 10 sold
Gretchen 3 of 10 sold
Andy 5 of 10 sold

10-31-10, 08:11 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Final collections on sale"
Sounds like the perfect ratio! That's how the votes should have gone too! ;0 Any idea if there is a way to see the site without becoming a member?

Signature by tribephyl

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-10, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final collections on sale"
I don't know if you can backdoor in from google, I registered to get in.

11-05-10, 10:23 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Finale"
Hi Everyone !

I just found this in a post on Tim's FB page - it's a video where he was making an appearance and an audience member asked him how he feels about the final "verdict." No surprise! He's right in line with the rest of us

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaSPipl8-z8

Signature by tribephyl

11-12-10, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress"
For anyone still looking in here.

http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/11/heidi-klum-wearing-mondo-guerra.html

It's a Tribe!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-10, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress"
I just saw that this morning too.
Happy for him.

11-15-10, 10:40 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress"
Fabulous! Thank you for sharing that Tahj! Mondo is also in the newest TV Guide as the most popular character from the show. They did a nice article about him. Hopefully all is going to work out well for Mondo!

Signature by tribephyl

11-16-10, 12:46 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress"
I saw that too!

I'm going to a library fundraiser Thursday called Frock Out where ten local designers are competing and Mondo is one of the judges. I think it's going to be lots of fun.

It's a Tribe!

11-16-10, 08:20 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Heidi's wearing Mondo's dress"
How totally cool!!!! IF you get a change to speak to him - let him know that we all are rooting for him!!!!

Have a GREAT time!!!!

Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •