The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-24-10, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
For the third straight season (and fourth time overall), the designers were stuck with a challenge to make a high-fashion dress and then, later, to make its ready-to-wear counterpart. Once again we're left to bemoan the idiocy of the show's producers from Bunim-Murray Productions.

The high fashion dresses looked ridiculous, especially for $20,000. Both Mondo and Andy made totally costume-y dresses for the high fashion mode, offset by very nice ready-to-wear pieces.

When I saw the collections, I had no doubt that Ivy was going home. Those ill-fitting baggies might have been appropriate for an ineptitude challenge. I didn't watch the rest of the show, so I have no idea how accurate Tim's post-elimination comment was about Ivy not being done with them, nor do I know what she intended to do, but they were disastrous. My kids both thought Valerie would be gone, but I actually thought Michael C. was second-worst; his looks were a mess that detracted from his models.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... Belle Book 09-24-10 1
 RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... ARnutz 09-24-10 2
 RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... kidflash212 09-25-10 3
   RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... JessicaRN 09-27-10 4
       RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... PsychoKitty 09-27-10 5
   RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... Tahj 09-28-10 6
       RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... AyaK 09-28-10 7
           RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... Tahj 09-28-10 8
               RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... jbug 09-28-10 9
       RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 ... kidflash212 09-29-10 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-24-10, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
I kind of thought Valerie would be gone, but I can see why they got rid of Ivy. Like a few others that were in the bottom week after week, it was finally time to get rid of her. I liked her high-fashion look more than her ready-to-wear one -- although I liked Valerie's ready-to-wear look least of all.

I'm a little surprised Mondo beat Andy -- I would've given the win to Andy.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-10, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
I would have sent both Valerie and Ivy home. Both pieces by both of them sucked.

I do not understand the Retched Gretchen love from the judges. Her 'high-fashion' piece looked like a flowy, feathered, frumpy frock. To me, that was not high fashion Her ready to wear piece looked like some thrift store dress. The pieces didn't even go together well. I can't wait until she gets her fugly face knocked down a peg or two. She apparently owns the rights to that wine color, you know. I hate her "I am the best" attitude.

My top 3 would have been Andy, Mondo and April.

Micheal's designs were not great, but I thought Christopher's were worse. Micheal's fabric was so nice. They barely showed the metallic shimmer it had.

WTF is with the offset necklines? Christopher and Ivy both had them. I hate them. It makes the designs look unfinished and unrefined. As if they sewed them crooked.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-10, 00:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-10 AT 03:20 PM (EST)

Is it just me or did no one deserve to win this episode? What a collection of ugly. I guess Mondo's was the least objectionable.

I don't get what anyone sees in Andy's designs. Last weeks horror and this weeks Mad Max reject costume. Sadly, he'll probably win the whole thing.

Gretchen made the top three?! Her high fashion design looked more appropriate for a 1960's love in than a Paris fashion show in 2010.

Big surprise, April made a black dress.

Don't even remember Christopher's design.

Michael C's train was laughable. Looked like the model was dragging a parachute behind her.

Valery's design was bad but Ivy's was worse. The blue streamer things on that dress reminded me of toilet paper. More time would not have saved that dress.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-27-10, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
I thought that Gretchen's looked like something the Olsen twins would be wearing. The only thing that struck me is that it looked like it would be comfortable, unlike everything else created on the show. You could eat a big meal and you'd still be comfortable.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-27-10, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
You could eat a big meal or two, or two people and fit into that dress ;) It was SO 1970's and it's funny to me that the judges did not comment on that nor the fact it was not at ALL flattering. I could see the feather work and beading when they pointed it out, but her palate is just awful! (As is her attitude.) I loved Michael's short dress and liked the long one, but I do agree about the train. I can't remember Christopher's designs now but I remember I liked one of them. You are all right about Andy's Mad Max outfit - but it WAS beautifully constructed and very couture! Thank gawd Ivy went home - those dresses were just hideous. And her rationale - "this is the ocean, and these are the waves" - was like my lowest point in art school (as a sophomore). . . really unsophisticated. Hopefully she will find some clients who appreciate her - but after they've seen her on this show, they would probably run away because of her attitude!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-10, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
Andy's was my favorite. I thought his was the most high fashion/couture. It seems to me all designers walk a fine line between fashion and costume when designing "high fashion" so this didn't surprise me. Mondo's reminded me of a circus but his ready-to-wear was my favorite. The photo shoot was outstanding and his outfit was perfect for it. I really liked both of Michael C's designs, sans the train, of course. Gretchen was wretchin'.

It's a Tribe!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-10, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
We'll have to agree to disagree on Michael C., I'm afraid. The train may have drawn the most attention, but I thought his dresses looked silly and ill-proportioned. I can't speak to his craftmanship, which apparently is strong, but his design skills are weak.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-28-10, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
Michael C. is a puzzle. There are plenty of his that I didn't like and almost no one sees what the judges seem to see.

It's a Tribe!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-10, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
I have liked a lot of Michael C's designs - much more than any of Gretchens.

When he was working on the dress - before he added the panels at the bottom & the train, it appeared to be a really lovely dress! Why oh why did he not stop at that point?

Mondo's designs are too over the top for me. No one I know would ever wear anything I've seen him do. So those are not to my liking.

Andy pushes the line. His design this ep was appropriate for the challenge they were given. Futuristic but good.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

09-29-10, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Project Runway Season 8, Ep. 9 "Race to the Finish""
And we'll have to agree to disagree about Andy. I saw nothing high fashion about that outfit (including the hair and makeup). I saw low budget sci fi channel TV movie. I think he does have some talent but it needs more time to mature. I think everything he does is too over the top and ridiculous.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •