The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-17-10, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
I am as clear as mud on what sportswear really is. And after last night, that clarification has gotten even more dense!

I suppose you can wear a one-shouldered cocktail dress and call it sportswear? I don't get it. But the big question is: DO THE JUDGES??

I honestly could not pick a true winner going down that runway last night. I'm just getting more confused from week to week. OK, I can figure out what's a total train wreck-let's talk Andy for a moment. Who wants to wear something that is cutting off blood supply in your inner being?

But as far as Christopher having one of the better outfits? And that being in the 'sportswear' arena? I do not understand!! Mondo always does his own thing, and does it impeccibly (quote the raven, nevermore...), so I wasn't surprised that he won. And it actually DID look like something JK might have worn.

My problem is: I guess I thought 'sportswear' was something you could wear to a baseball game? Or out to lunch at a club? As in what Ivy made? As much as I do not like her, I thought she came the closest in the realm. But again, what do I know.

Anyway, THE sweetest of designers is gone now, and I will miss his humor! I think he had the most reasonable way of dealing with the other crazies in the group. What will they do now??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear??? kidflash212 09-17-10 1
   RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear??? ARnutz 09-17-10 5
   RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear??? Belle Book 09-17-10 6
 RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear??? Tahj 09-17-10 2
 RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear??? Snidget 09-17-10 3
   RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear??? PsychoKitty 09-17-10 4
 Tim's Vlog of the episode Snidget 09-21-10 7
   "Crack-smoking judges" udg 09-21-10 8
   RE: Tim's Vlog of the episode PsychoKitty 09-21-10 9
   RE: Tim's Vlog of the episode AyaK 09-22-10 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-17-10, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
I never think of Jackie O as wearing sportswear. Last night was a strange mess. Mondo was the easy winner - even the other two in the top three were panned. Rightly so in Christopher's case, the Wilma Flintstone wrap over that dress was terrible.

Amazes me that Andy still liked his look despite the grilling he got. It was ugly, fit badly and the seam up the model's crack should have gotten him sent home. Makes me worry if he has any good taste at all. Valery's was boring but Andy should have been sweating it out with Michael D not Valery.

Michael D seemed like a nice guy but I've thought he was the weakest designer since the party store challenge. That he made it this far was a surprise.

Does Gretchen ever design anything that doesn't look like she's trying out to be the costume designer for a remake of Annie Hall?

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-17-10, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
I thought Mondo was the clear winner too. That was the only outfit I could ever see Jackie O wearing from the whole bunch.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-17-10, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
Mondo was the best one, so I'm not surprised he won. I liked the neckline of the shirt Ivy designed more than Heidi did, and I liked the coat as well, but taking it off made it better. And yeah -- Christopher shouldn't have made that shrug!

Andy took a risk and it backfired big-time! I'm not surprised. I'm also not too surprised that he was spared -- he'd won a challenge (unlike Michael D.), he's come close a lot of times (unlike Michael D., who I think only came close once), and he took a risk (unlike Valerie).

I thought Michael D. should have gone -- his outfit was worse than Valerie's. And he did.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-17-10, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
I found 2 links and a photo giving examples of Jackie O. in sportswear.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:nY5S9-LfSFJk9M:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v721/sethbreaker/2009/jackieo.jpg&t=1

http://fashionableliferadio.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/slide_2186_28260_large.jpg?w=420&h=305

It's a Tribe!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-10, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
Sportswear definition (from wikipedia)

Since the 1930s the term is used to describe both day and evening fashions of varying degrees of formality that demonstrate this relaxed approach whilst remaining appropriate wear for many business or social occasions.

So I think for women a dress you would wear when the guy has a jacket and tie on would count (so could be dressier than what you'd wear to the ballpark) but if he needs to be in a full suit or a tuxedo then that is more "cocktail".

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-10, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jacquie O?? And sportswear???"
Yes, think more preppy and business casual every day wear - khakis, blazers, turtlenecks, Michael Kors designs! ;)Several steps above sweatpants and below cocktail.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-10, 06:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Tim's Vlog of the episode"
I thought some of his points for this week applied here, but if you haven't been seeing his vlog of each episode on facebook you should check it out.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/TimGunn?v=app_2392950137

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-21-10, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. ""Crack-smoking judges""
Bwahahah!! Where have I heard that before?

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-21-10, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Tim's Vlog of the episode"
That is so awesome!!! Thank you Snidget! I had no idea he was on FB too LOVED IT!!!!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-22-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Tim's Vlog of the episode"
All this does is reinforce how badly the show is being produced ever since the move to Lifetime and BMP.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •