The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-10, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
Product placement of the week: make your own fabric with Vivienne Tam. No trip to Mood!

No Jay in the Tim visit. So he's safe.

Top 3: Emilio, Seth Aaron, Maya. Bottom 3: Mila, Anthony, Jonathan.

Emilio wins for the second week in a row. Anthony goes home, even hough Jonathan's been consistently bad. Out goes the humor.

More later.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... mindy23 03-26-10 1
   RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... mtopaz 03-29-10 14
 Boring always goes home before ugly BlueIris 03-26-10 2
   RE: Boring always goes home before ... AyaK 03-29-10 11
   RE: Boring always goes home before ... kidflash212 03-29-10 13
 RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... dajaki 03-26-10 3
 RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... kidflash212 03-26-10 4
   RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... HistoryDetective 03-27-10 7
       RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... kidflash212 03-27-10 8
           RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... HistoryDetective 03-27-10 9
       RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... AyaK 03-29-10 12
 RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... Belle Book 03-26-10 5
   RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... gollum0816 03-26-10 6
 RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My ... jbug 03-29-10 10
 Remember when we were 12 year old g... udg 03-31-10 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-26-10, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
I am still shaking my head, and wondering if PR is giving me epilepsy or something.....Emilio??? WTH??? That was THE ugliest fabric I have ever seen! It made NO sense at all, and even Tim hated it!

Either Tim is so out of touch with the judges this season, as he has warned the same contestants that I would have warned, or the judges gather around and smoke a little something somethang before the runway show... I think it's the latter. Only a mother could love that fabric and design. Well, the design was ok. I guess.

I suppose it was time for Anthony to go, I don't even know anymore. I do not trust these judges. Will never buy a Michael Kors anything. I don't care if it's on the 70% off rack in Target. NEVER. He stinks as a person, a judge and in MY eyes that makes him a horrid designer to boot. As much as he rolls his eyes and makes fun of people-well, never mind. Simon Cowell actually can do it with class. Michael can not.

And Mila? OHMYHECK! What a train wreck! At least they caught on to that one. And she is so self-absorbed it's almost humorous. I expect to see her and hubby on Marriage Ref after this is over. A house full of self-made fabric that makes no sense, and he trying to find a place to sit amongst color-blocks....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-29-10, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
>I am still shaking my head, and wondering if PR is giving me epilepsy or something.....Emilio??? WTH??? That was THE
ugliest fabric I have ever seen! It made NO sense at all, and even Tim hated it! >

I thought it was arrogant of Emilio to design something with his name plastered all over it, graffiti style. I was flabbergasted to hear the judges rave over his fabric.

>I suppose it was time for Anthony to go, I don't even know anymore. I do not trust these judges. Will never buy a Michael
Kors anything. I don't care if it's on the 70% off rack in Target. >

That, made me laugh.

I was offended by the judges' rudeness in laughing at the fabric Michael called "stained tablecloth." I was glad to hear the designed defend his fabric strongly. Even if the judges didn't like it, it was uncalled for to sit there and titter like 8th graders.

>And Mila? OHMYHECK! What a train wreck!>

Mila's was the least creative fabric. Even I could do better than colored lines. Her model couldn't walk in the dress. How did she not realize that?

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-26-10, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Boring always goes home before ugly"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-10 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

Design a fabric (very cool) and make it a major part of your garment. After spending an hour designing their fabric they went off to Mood and bought coordinating fabrics and notions. They spent the rest of the day working on muslins. The designers had the next full day to work on their garments plus the usual bit of time the next day. No excuses for not having a well crafted garment this time.

Anthony - I like the fabric too bad he abandoned his original garment. Every season needs comic relief Anthony will be missed.

Emilio - es<3sa. Emilio loves Seth Aaron how cute. (He said it was his name, esosa, but Tim and I didn't see it that way at all.) I usually dislike fabric that has a designer’s name all over it; no exception here. Interesting outfit, but his fabric was horrible. Not worthy of the win or even top three. I don't understand the mutual hate between Tim Gunn and Emilio.

Jay Nicholas - I wish he had been in the top three. I wanted to see more of his garments. Fairly basic print but used nicely.

Jonathan - The judges hated the fabric and found his design “sad”. I liked his fabric and dress although the bodice did seem to have fit issues. His jacket was interesting ("straight jacket" lol) but I didn’t like it with his dress.

Maya - She made the judges favorite fabric into a dress that was true to her design aesthetic. Why not give her the win? Monique looked fierce.

Mila - Twenty or thirty years ago my mom had a tablecloth that looked like her fabric ("painterly" lol). Her maxi dress looked heavy, old fashioned and the colors were very kindergarten. Brandise couldn’t walk with any grace whatsoever. Mila was my pick to go home.

Seth Aaron - Each week he puts out a lot of really well made garments. His pop art outfit made great use of his fabric. If not Maya I thought he should have been the winner.

Warning
Spoilerish:

Previews show someone quits PR and someone will be coming back. I assume Maya leaves, since she didn’t show at Bryant Park, and I’m hoping Anthony returns.

etf clarity

03-29-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Boring always goes home before ugly"
I didn't say anything in the header post because I agree. I've liked Emilio's garments, but this was the ugliest fabric I've seen in years, even uglier than Mila's. Uggg-lee.

Tim was right. The judges weren't.

I was shocked the Mila and Jonathan weren't the bottom two. I thought Jonathan's looks have been constantly bad, and I thought Mila was clearly the worst this week.

The only things I liked were Maya's, for a great fabric design, and Seth Aaron's, for his unexpected 60s throwback. But I wasn't really impressed by anyone. I'm beginning to wonder if the reason for letting 10 people show wasn't to disguise how undistinguished this group is, by "masking" the better (although not that good) among the truly weak.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-29-10, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Boring always goes home before ugly"
"Warning Spoilerish: Previews show someone quits PR and someone will be coming back. I assume Maya leaves, since she didn’t show at Bryant Park, and I’m hoping Anthony returns."

I'm thinking it's most likely Anthony since he was last eliminated. A dark horse candidate to return would be Jesse.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-26-10, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
While I don't hate Emilio's dress (except the neckline - ick), I certainly don't think it should have been in contention for the win. Seth Aaron's look was fab! I loved the whole deal and he should have won. Maya's dress was fun, but I agree with the model's styling being a bit distracting from the neckline.

Mila's dress - ugh. Mila was trying to channel Uli, but got it all wrong. The fabric was way too heavy to do a breezy maxi-dress.

Jonathan's backwards jacket was weird. Anthony's dress was not so good and the weird little shrug - neither practical nor fashionable.

I actually don't remember Jay's look - probably because Michael didn't roll his eyes about it.

03-26-10, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
You'd think designers would be able to come up with more interesting fabrics. The essa design, Mila lines of paint, Jonathan's oil drips were all pretty blah. Anthony, Maya and Jay just did colored lines on black. Only Seth Aaron did anything different.

Thought Seth had the win easily, much more work and more interest than Emilio's basic dress.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-10, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-10 AT 07:17 AM (EST)

Thought Seth had the win easily, much more work and more interest than Emilio's basic dress.

I completely agree!

In my household, we had three favorite moments from this week's episode. Two of them involved the judges and Tim mocking the contestants.

Emilio Sosa loves Seth Aaron!
I want to kick His Smugness in the face every time he has a confessional, so it was fun to see Tim play dumb about the fabric and get in a few jabs.

The extended humiliation of Jonathan.
He's another one that I want to kick in the face every time I hear him talk. The Duchess Kors wasn't nice, but in this case I thought that the playground antics were well deserved.

3. Anthony's extended gag reel.
He may not have been the best designer, but he was the most fun. Alas, I knew someone from that suite was going home as soon as they showed the "leave as three, return as three" ritual. The only other time we have seen the ritual was when Ben was sent home.

Note to Jay: Yes, growing up in Hawaii probably dictated certain fashion choices simply for comfort, but at this point in the competition I have seen more than enough skin from you so please start wearing shirts that do not have a scoop neckline down to your navel. You are not the Hawaiian JHo. It must be cool enough in New York that you could try out another look (a suggestion I am confident making since you had the ridiculous pairing of your standard issue shirt with a scarf when you entered the workroom in the most recent episode). You don't need to look as though you're constantly prepared to make a little excursion over to Splash for a drink and all that.

03-27-10, 01:20 PM (EST)
8. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
If he'd be caught dead in Splash he obviously doesn't have the good taste to win Project Runway. What a dump.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-10, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
Well, he keeps wearing those shirts --- that's testimony enough to his bad taste.

03-29-10, 11:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
I agree completely. I thought last season was the nadir. I was wrong.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-10, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
I'm surprised Emilio won! The print was nice but I think Maya and Seth Aaron had better outfits.

gollum0816 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-26-10, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gollum0816 Click to send private message to gollum0816 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
Dear Emilio,

Jane Jetson called. She wants her dress back.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-10, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR7 Episode 10: Hey, That's My Fabric!"
That settles it. Jonathan has something on one of the judges; has to be.
No way Anthony's design was worse than Jonathan's - no way. Not only was Jonathan's fabric boring & ugly, the design was horrible.

And Maya should have won. Seth should have been 2nd.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-31-10, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Remember when we were 12 year old girls in 6th grade?"
Remember how we passed notes in class and when we signed our names, we used hearts in place of all the Os? Now that I'm a grown up, I totally want to wear fabric like that.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •