The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-10, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-10 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

The opening was pure Apprentice: a 100% pure product placement plug for Garnier. Challenge: Water ... Earth... Fire... Air. Long ago, the 4 elements lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when Garnier challenged the designers/hacks to make an outfit based on one of the 4. Only the Avatar, master of all 4 elements, could stop them, but when the world needed him most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and Heidi, Michael and Nina discovered the new Avatar, a designer named Jonathan. And although his air-fashion skills are great, he still has a lot to learn before he's ready to save anyone. But I believe Jonathan can save the world.

Uhhh...Nope, wrong story. Try this: everyone had to do an element, chosen AT RANDOM (except for Jay, who was given free choice).

Top end: Maya and Jonathan. But Nina accused Maya of stealing her idea from a famous deaigner, so Jonathan, who drew "air" and matched his make-your-own fabric look to Cirie's coloring, won. And if Jonathan got the goldmine, then Ben got the shaft, with an amateurish suit beating out Amy's "hair sling" for last place and a one-way ticket to Palookaville. Unlike some prior departures, Ben seemed to be a class act all the way.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... arkiegrl 03-12-10 1
   RE: Although I basically agreed wit... mindy23 03-12-10 2
       RE: Although I basically agreed wit... AyaK 03-12-10 4
           RE: Although I basically agreed wit... kidflash212 03-13-10 9
 RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... jbug 03-12-10 3
   RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... PsychoKitty 03-12-10 5
       RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... mindy23 03-13-10 6
   RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... kidflash212 03-13-10 8
       RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... BlueIris 03-16-10 10
 RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of F... Belle Book 03-13-10 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
The "hair sling" was gross, IMO. Why would anyone think a bodice full of fake hair is a good idea???

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-12-10, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Although I basically agreed with the judges this week..."
I've developed such a dislike for Heidi and Michael that I just sit and diss almost everything that comes out of their mouths! Like Heidi's 'what good of a tailor' sentence when she was talking about Ben's lack of judgement on doing the so-called 'jock pants'. I know there are language barriers with the German/English element, but really, now?
And the way Michael rolls his eyes, I feel that HE thinks HE is the only person in the entire WORLD who knows a thing about fashion! Give me a break!

I did enjoy the new guy-can't remember his name, he was French, and much nicer than the usual panel of judges. He was encouraging, critiqued in a manner that wasn't condesending, and I think that helped Ben to leave with dignity. At least Ben TRIED to make something out of his usual realm, as did Mila, who shocked me with no color blocking this time! WOW!

Amy's extra hair in the bonnet-collar was way off, but it could have worked if she'd chosen the right technique and fabric to make it stand the way she'd originally wanted it to. Although, it could have come off more costumey than the judges would have wanted. Who ever knows?? I wish, like on AI, someone would just stop all this nonsense, like Simon did, and tell the judges to stop confusing these guys so much!!

They tell them NOT to be a 'one note', but when they jump out of their element, they get blasted for it. Whatever. I really thought that the leather/air of NY at night should have won, but Jonathan's consideration of his model put him a bit over the top, and it was good, too.

This show is really losing its steam quickly, and like ATM, HGTV's Designer, and a few others, soon there will just not be that many people getting fame from here as they did in the early days. IMHO, anyway...

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Although I basically agreed with the judges this week..."
Leaving aside my Avatar: The Last Airbender cliches relating to the use of the four elements...

The French designer was Roland Mouret. He has his own reality TV ties, as his current backer is American Idol co-founder Simon Fuller (19 Productions). Mouret was indeed a very good judge. and he was helpful instead of just snarky. I thought he made a good point in referring to Amy trying to do something that she didn't actually have the construction skills to do.

After seeing Ben's disastrous attempt at pants, I now better understand Carol Hannah's decision to avoid them last year. Ugh. Really, it comes down to Tim's frequent comment: you can try to give the judges what they want, but in the end you have to be true to your own design aesthetic. Ben wasn't.

I really liked Seth Aaron's outfit as well. Early in the season, I thought that he was probably going to be a zero, but he's done really well (except for his mess last week).

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-13-10, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Although I basically agreed with the judges this week..."
I think Seth is talented,and I think his stuff always looks better constructed than most of the other designers - I just wish he wasn't so stuck on black, leather and metal. His aesthetic seems very limited.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-10, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
When they told Amy to remove the hair from the "bowl" I thought we were gonna see some major blurring! LOL
Didn't know she had actually made a bit of a bra-like top in there;
too bad she didn't look at it that way without the hair and see what she could do.

The model had to be wayyyyyyyyyyyy uncomfortable in that get up.

I thought of Easter..... anyone else?

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-12-10, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
Hahaha! Very funny jbug! A black furry Easter basket! And what I love about Heidi is her very camp, "How BIZARRE!!!" - too much! It WAS bizarre, but again Amy was trying something new. And without the hair it was kind of interesting - a big sculpture.

I really enjoy the show. And thought Jonathan deserved to win. The dress WAS lovely. Great fun as always!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-13-10, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
Heidi's 'bizaare' comments were also in reference to the shark teeth on the sleeves of his model's top. Have to agree that THAT was pretty weird! LOL. Who would even think to do that? I guess HIM, huh? Gotta have something to reinforce the shark-ish theme.......oh well. He DID miss his hubby, so at least now he can go home.

But I bet he won't be watching any shark movies for a very long time to come.....Da da, da da, dadadadadadadadada.......SCREAM!!!!!!

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-10, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
Outside of the strange bowl of hair the outfit was a very basic black sheath. So what did she spend all of her time on? Nothing about the outfit suggested fire either - literally or in the abstract. She's made one outfit I liked (the potato sack dress), two complete bombs (last episode and the hideous clown pants) and nothing else memorable. I'd be surprised if she is in the final three.

The edit made it obvious that Ben was headed home, it was the first time he ever received more than a two second sound bite. The same will happen to Steve & Allie over on the Amazing Race, the episode where they actually get any attention will be their final one.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-16-10, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
The moral of Ben's story is to never let the camera see you say you miss anyone and to never call home. You should never have time for a personal thought.

Go about your day totally energized from the excitement of competition!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-10, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR Episode 8: The Elements of Fashion"
If I'd been Amy, I might've gone with the bowl/collar bit but instead of the hair, I would've gone for a different color for the outfit -- red with yellow streaks in the dress. That might be a better way of indicating contained chaos than what she did.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •