The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-05-10, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-10 AT 08:27 AM (EST)

The hardware challenge seemed very strange this time.

First off, has there ever been a challenge where it was so obvious who the two best were? My goodness, there was Jay, there was Mila, and there were eight various degrees of disaster. I'm sorry to see that Jay is so stereotypically gay (he acts like he could be Carson Kressley's long-lost twin), but he's a fine designer from time to time. Meanwhile, Mila seems like the class of the field to this point.

Seth Aaron should have been thanking his lucky stars that he had immunity. His outfit was simply bizarre. Barbarella meets the Tin Man.

There seems to be a group of show fans who are boosting Amy. I thought the top part of her garment was exceedingly poorly fit and would have looked at home in Flash Gordon, but not on Earth.

I did at least understand the Paco Rabanne look that Emilio was originally going for. We have no idea what he said on stage, but it seemed like he decided to claim that the bikini was his original idea, not something he was forced into because he couldn't afford to purchase about half of his items due to the high cost of hardware.

One of the funniest parts of last night's show revolved around Emilio as well. First, resident moron Heidi said that she couldn't see any thought in his outfit and it just seemed to be thrown together. Then, right after that, guest judge Isabel Toledo (who seemed very good) told him that she could see that he'd put a lot of thought into it but it just hadn't worked. For those of us who saw his sketches and his struggles (including Tim's original introduction of the bikini concept) in the viewing audience, we know Ms. Toledo was right and Ms. Klum was just being her ignorant normal self. But it does lead you to wonder what Heidi adds to a fashion design show.

No wonder the producers (who were new) felt comfortable running through a parade of know-nothing actresses last year. None of them could be more clueless than Heidi.

I thought Jesse might be going for the "gumdrop" bottom of his outfit. And he did leave, petulant all the way.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear jbug 03-05-10 1
 RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear crs3192 03-05-10 2
   RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear AyaK 03-05-10 3
       RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear crs3192 03-05-10 5
 RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear BlueIris 03-05-10 4
   RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear AyaK 03-05-10 6
       RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear BlueIris 03-08-10 8
 RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear Belle Book 03-05-10 7
 RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear Tahj 03-09-10 9
   RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear AyaK 03-09-10 10
       RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear Tahj 03-10-10 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-10 AT 12:56 PM (EST)

Another Heidi contradiction...

She says that Anthony tried too hard to make his hardware materials look like a soft fabric - tried to camo the hardware in effect.
Oh, any Jay's trash bags were complimented on looking nothing like trash bags. So this was good for Jay but not for Anthony?

Then she criticizes Jessee for his design looking too much like the hardware it was; for NOT changing the hardware enough.

Which was does she want it to be?

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-05-10, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
I completely disagree with this episode's elimination. I thought that Emilio should have been sent home. As they said, there was no visible pattern behind his piece and to me, it looked exactly like what it was - a bunch of strings and washers hung over a body. It was the worst thing on that runway and if I had made that, I would have been majorly embarassed.

Jesse, on the other hand, actually made something decent, in my opinion. This was not his time to go.

03-05-10, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
LAST EDITED ON 03-05-10 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

>As they said, there was no visible pattern behind his
>piece and to me, it looked exactly like what it
>was - a bunch of strings and washers hung over a body.

Heidi said that. Both Nina Garcia and Isabel Toledo disagreed. As usual when it comes to fashion, Heidi has no clue what she's talking about. Here's a classic Rabanne original from Wikipedia:

See the idea in Emilio's design? He was going to use the washers as the solid pieces and the cords to provide the anchoring. Unfortunately, if you don't have enough washers and enough cords, it doesn't work.

>It was the worst thing on that runway.

Yes, it probably was, but not for lack of an idea. This is one of those times where the decision is whether to send someone home for attempting something outside the box and failing.

I think Emilio's idea would have worked if he had managed to buy enough washers and cords to actually make it. But as constructed, it was a disaster.

>Jesse, on the other hand, actually made something decent, in
>my opinion.

What? The headband? Certainly not the dress.

>This was not his time to go.

I disagree. He also was betrayed by his choice of hardware material, because I'm sure that he didn't intend to have the bottom of his dress look like a gumdrop, and I think he's more talented than some of the people who are left. But his choice to paint his copper with gray paint and make it look like tin was so weird that I'd boot him just for his color offenses.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
I agree! The dress in the picture is very nice and if Emilio had accomplished that, I'd have no problem with him staying in the competition. The thing is though that even if that's what he wanted to make, he didn't make it! If he wanted to make a dress, he should have paid attention to what he had in his bucket at the hardware store and how much money he had to pay for it! Part of the challenge is working with what you had.

Jesse made a garment. While I agree that it wasn't beautiful by any means and that it should have been in the bottom, it was miles better than Emilio's strings and washers. If I was walking through a store, I'd stop at Jesse's garment and take a look at it and I would probably take Emilio's "bikini" and tell the store manager to hide it somewhere.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-10, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
Trash bags! Amazing.
I loved this episode.

Never. Bore. Nina Garcia! Jesse’s was boring and poorly done.

Emilio’s was interesting but poorly done. Too bad he couldn't have stayed closer to his inspiration. If Emilio had bought more washers and less rope and wire (did you see how much rope and how many rolls of wire he had left on his table?) he could have been successful. I too thought it was funny how Michael Kors rolled his eyes when Emilio said he wanted to make something besides a dress, the other judges and Nina seemed to latch onto that idea.

Heidi is pretty. That’s her job.

Maya's key and chains necklace was the best accessory. Her garments were deserving of top three.

Mila again had a nice 60's inspired black and white dress. She is true to herself.

I liked Amy's sandpaper dress. It looked like her past dresses. She is consistent in her style.

Seth Aaron was very, very lucky to have immunity.

Overall, I was disappointed in the accessories.

thanks Capn2patch

03-05-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
Maya's necklace was really nice. The rest of her outfit reminded me of the Dragon Lady from the old Terry and the Pirates comic strip.

I would have liked Amy's sandpaper dress if she hadn't tried to do the fan effect above the cups. Ugh.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-10, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
Although I usually have the same response to fans on the bodice I didn't mind them in this challenge. Those fans must have been uncomfortable.

LOL Terry and the Pirates

thanks Capn2patch

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-05-10, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
I liked Maya's outfit, but in retrospect the judges were probably right to give the win to Jay. The jacket probably doomed Maya's outfit to a third-place finish.

As for Emilio, I thought he'd be going home, but he was overall stronger than Jesse and he took a risk even if it didn't work out at all.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-10, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
I'm sorry to see that Jay is so stereotypically gay (he acts like he could be Carson Kressley's long-lost twin), but he's a fine designer from time to time.

I'm sorry to read this unnecessary, irrelevant, and inappropriate comment. Excuse Jay for being excited about his win in a way that made you sorry. I thought about letting this go. I really did. But to make this comment about a gay person at all, let alone about someone who is in an industry full of gay people, is offensive. I would really appreciate it if you would refrain from comments like this in the future.

It's a Tribe!

03-09-10, 07:57 PM (EST)
10. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-10 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

Perhaps I'm just a bigot. But watching Jay during his confessional clips brought to mind Stepin Fetchit.

One of the most unpleasant experiences of my life was watching Judge Priest, a very successful Will Rogers movie from 1934 directed by the great John Ford and written by the great Dudley Nichols, with a group of people while in university. Rogers played the title character; Fetchit was Jeff Poindexter, another version of his standard character. A sample of the dialogue, from IMDB:

Judge William 'Billy' Priest: Ain't you gonna put your shoes on?
Jeff Poindexter: Well, I'm savin' 'em in case my feet wear out, and then I'll have 'em.
Judge William 'Billy' Priest: Hmmm.
(Chuckles)
Judge William 'Billy' Priest: As much sittin' around as you do, it won't be your feet that will wear out.

I felt as uncomfortable watching Jay during his confessionals as I did watching Stepin Fetchit. The difference is that "Fetchit" was the screen name of an actor named Lincoln Perry, who invented the Fetchit character for vaudeville and moved him to the movies. He became a millionaire based on the character, even if it played to racist stereotypes, but under his real name he was a columnist for the Chicago Defender, the great black newspaper of the 20s and 30s.

Jay, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be deliberately playing a character. Maybe I'm misinterpreting him. I certainly hope so.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-10-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR7 Episode 7: Hard Wear"
So it wasn't even about how he acted about his win? It was about the confessionals? I just rewatched the episode and I can't for the life of me see what you're talking about. To me, there is nothing the least bit stereotypical about his behavior. Are you sure your not talking about Anthony? With the Stepin Fetchit reference, that would make more sense.

Anyway, if the behavior triggered a reaction in you based on your personal experience, I can see that. The statement you originally used to describe it was a generalization and just so random, IMO.

It's a Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •