The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-10, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
Not much running on this episode. Anna Marie was so clearly the worst that there couldn't be any controversy about her elimination.

I thought Ben's outfit was the best, as did my 12-year-old daughter, but my 14-year-old sided with Anthony and thought Emilio's dress looked too much like lingerie. Most of the rest didn't have much to recommend them, and I still haven't seen any distinction from the majority. Mila's dress flopped largely because of her poor color eye, but it wasn't any worse than several other "contenders" such as Jesse, who escaped the bottom three only because Janeane decided that she was willing to flop to meet the judges.

Wake me when it's over.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover jbug 02-12-10 1
 Photos Tahj 02-12-10 2
   RE: Photos AyaK 02-12-10 3
 RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover DrKegel 02-13-10 4
   RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover PsychoKitty 02-14-10 5
       RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover jbug 02-15-10 6
 RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover kidflash212 02-15-10 7
 RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover BlueIris 02-15-10 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-10, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
I didn't get to watch yet but I think I'll pop over to see what they created this week.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-12-10, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Photos"
I liked Ben's dress, too, but I thought Anthony's suited Heidi's style far better. It's also a better spring look to go on the cover of a magazine. He did a really great job and I'm happy for him. I still have a strong feeling that he's a hit and miss designer lacking consistency, but he's also improved with each challenge.

Anna's outfit was so off the mark. I'm glad she's gone. She has to be one of the most boring contestants ever.

Emilio had it right with the color--Heidi loves red and wears it a lot, but I agree with DD that it was too close to lingerie and it really didn't say spring look to me. Not something you'd put on the cover of the spring edition.

Amy

Anna

Anthony

Ben

Emilio

Janeane

Jay

Jesse

Jonathan

Maya

Mila

Seth

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-10, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Photos"
These outfits look just as horrific in these thumbnails. Jonathan's outfit looks like a costume from Barbarella, Mila's looks native American (cost lot of wampum?), Maya's is just generally ugly, Jay's looks like a Ping left-over, and Jesse's tummy ruffling showed skill but little judgment. We still have too many people with little talent. How I miss season 4, when there were so many talented people (Christopher, Rami, Chris, Jillian, Sweet P...).

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-13-10, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"

Agree with all of the above, but I think about 3 people could have been eliminated tonight. Let's start with Michael Kors. The only thing he's proving is that he's merely a figurehead for his brand and doesn't do any real design. His suggestion to cut off the halter holding the freaking dress up was ridiculous. The halter gave the dress stability, a nice figure enhancing as it widened the bust and made the girl's waist even tinier and added interest. Strapless, the dress threatened to collapse around the model's waist and looked too bare, too short and like something was missing. Whatever skills Kors had have passed him by. While I admire him for creating a major brand, he has no taste whatsoever and runs after what people tell him looks "young."

Maya was again a disaster. Don't know why Janneane was singled out. Thought her dress was decidedly English looking and I liked the seaming/tailoring. It looks good in the snapshot. And Heidi has no taste anyway, so I don't think letting her pick what would look good on her her is the best way to go.

I didn't mind Seth this week (shock!) and Anthony's was nice. Liked the color, styling, etc. Also really liked Emilio's before Kor's had him mutilate it. Can well imagine the real designers try to keep him out of the workshop as often as possible. Probably create little crisis that need immediate attention to keep him in his office. Then there's schmoozing which I'm sure Kors has down. He is charming.

Liked Ben's, but not that much. Didn't like the belt with it. Don't know why. In the snapshot it looks good because you can't see that belt. Certainly would have put it in the top though because the styling, fit and color combo was super good.

Also agree that there are a bunch of yutzes this year with a couple of notable exceptions. This year is so getting on my nerves that I am only turning it on during the end when the models are strutting down the catwalk. Could care less about this scripted drama that they think viewers watch the show to see. I don't. I like fashion - really good fashion. Like Christian. Or remember the first season with Jay and Kara? Of course, even that first season they had the talentless she who shall be nameless around to create drama. And they've repeated the tactic ... like placing Laura into the finals so she could try to get Jeffrey disqualified for cheating. And they still manage to drag her out of mothballs to act as guest judge ... ? Why? She lost! All she did was recreate the wardrobe in her closet. That is hardly designing. I can see having Jay or Christian or someone like that guesting ...

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-14-10, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
I really appreciate all of your comments. I am a relative newbie to the show - don't have Bravo so just starting watching with the last series. I love it! Tho' I do agree that most of this series contestants are a bit lackluster.

I am so happy Anthony won- what a surprise and I think he's the one who appreciates the honor/opportunity the most and it will boost his confidence. He IS growing and that's fun to watch.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
Anthony's accent is dahling.....
No really, I like hearing him talk; I'm from the south too, but don't have quite the accent he does.
He does seem very appreciative of this op. and he isn't catty or bit*hie - yet anyway.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-15-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
Again, a not very impressive episode. At least this week, the judges actually seemed to be looking at the work. I agreed with two of the top three - I did not like Ben's outfit, it looked like a costume reject from Star Trek - Deep Space Nine to me.

Anna Marie deserved to go (I actually thought hers was the worst last week as well), there was nothing high fashion about that outfit, you could pick up an identical outfit from Target for $19.99.

I'm hoping Seth goes soon. His suit made no sense for a cover shot on a spring issue of a fashion mag.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-15-10, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR7 Episode 5: Run for Cover"
Congratulations to Anthony! He was the only designer who understood the challenge: a garmet for Heidi Klum to wear on the April cover of Marie Claire.

Why make a garment of beige? Silver? Gold? Print? Junior style? Fall/Winter color?

I know Anthony's dress will need alterations if not completely remade to fit Heidi, but did Emilio really think Heidi's (I've just given birth) tata's were ever going to come close to fitting into his design? I'm pretty sure there was not enough coverage for her regular tata's.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •