The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-13-09, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
Instead of the usual 2-hour finale in seasons 1-5, we've had the finale hashed into two parts, apparently to accomodate an extra edition of Models Who Aren't as Fabulous as Heidi But Have Better Fashion Sense.

But I don't see any reason for us to hash these two parts into two separate posts. One post for both!

Anyway, we learned little last night except that Irina doesn't understand the meaning of copyright.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" mindy23 11-13-09 1
   RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" AyaK 11-13-09 2
       RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" frodis 11-13-09 3
       I wondered, too mindy23 11-14-09 4
       RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" granluvsreality 11-18-09 5
           RE: Will there be a reunion show? mindy23 11-20-09 6
 The REAL Finale jbug 11-20-09 7
 RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" HistoryDetective 11-20-09 8
   RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" jbug 11-20-09 9
       RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" frodis 11-20-09 11
 RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" Tahj 11-20-09 10
 RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" BlueIris 11-20-09 12
 RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" Sunny_Bunny 11-21-09 13
   Irina's collection AyaK 11-23-09 14
 RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale" trigirl 12-13-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-13-09, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
And that she (Irina) could care less about what Nina has to say about having an 'all black' collection. Good luck with that one.

Wouldn't it be a unique finale if all three of them came down with H1N1 the night before the show? Now THAT would make up for the entire season of boredom.......

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-13-09, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
In terms of the all-black collection: remember Christian. Then again, he was a prohibitive favorite going into the finale.

Once again, we learn that everyone wants to meet Tim. And why not?

I loved Carol Hannah's family. It was fun seeing Tim in the flowered apron (but without rolling up his sleeves!) helping make biscuits. And what does Carol Hannah's friend Ellen do that she can afford a house like that in suburban NYC? My goodness.

Though somehow I never thought of Duke University as a fairyland. Except for Danny Fairy Ferry, of course.

I didn't know that Irina was born in Georgia. I wonder where -- one of the areas occupied by Russia after the war of independence, or the independent part? Wonder what she thinks of Obama's wishy-washy support of her homeland. One thing I didn't see was any evidence of her dad trying to block her ambition, although she claims that's the case. But I do believe her comment that her dad thinks she's a failure because she's 26 and unmarried.

The bit with the trademarks was unbelievable. Anyone who has ever silk-screened a T-shirt knows that you can't use someone else's copyrighted image. Are we supposed to believe that she's the only person in the U.S. that didn't know that?

As for Althea, I think she must have borrowed Lindsey Lohan's hair extentions. But I liked the elevator in her building, even if it did almost decapitate Tim.

I feel sorry for Carol Hannah. Not only is she sick, but she got stuck with Christopher in the final challenge. Poor kid.

On Models ... the less said, the better.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-13-09, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
Christian's collection wasn't all-black, though. There was a lot of black in it. A lot a lot, but he also had some pieces in cream and brown - a sort of dulce de leche color palatte. His final dress that walked down the runway was that huge cream/brown feather ruffle massive ensemble.

The judges actually told him he had too much black - it was pretty much their only criticism of his collection, so there actually was consistency between what they told him and what Nina told Irina.

That episode was on today, otherwise I would have remembered Christian's collection as all-black, too.

I thought that it was ridiculous that Irina thought she could just take someone else's artwork and screen it onto a dress. Duh. Then I wondered if we just needed some controversy a la Kara Saun/Jeffrey where a strong favorite needs some sort of roadblock to the finale.

Models . . . Yeesh. You know, they actually had some models with interesting personalities and a few with some wit and working brain cells but sadly, they all got eliminated.

It's an agman!

11-14-09, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "I wondered, too"
What Carol Hannah's friend did or had (possibly an inheritance??) that would give her access to such a beautiful home in upstate NY! WOW, how nice that she was willing to let the whole fam damily come and stay, let Carol bring all her designs, fabrics, etc. AND Tim along!

But then, again, that's good publicity for her, if she wants or needs it. And kind of fun to be a part of your BFF's 15 minutes of fame. Which is what I think anyone who wins this competition can more than hope for.

granluvsreality 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-18-09, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail granluvsreality Click to send private message to granluvsreality Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
I like it better when they have the two hours together on the same night not split up like this.

I hate elevators that one made me too nervous to watch almost!!

Love Carol Hannah such a sweetie! (Christopher is from an area alot of my family lives in so glad he was on the finale)

Love how they gave us the models stories this year hope they keep that up but my faves all left I'm afraid. Although Lisa is okay.

11-20-09, 12:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Will there be a reunion show?"
I noticed a few of the designers from this season last night, even had them interviewed, but wondered if that was their idea of a reunion show. The way this season has gone, I wouldn't be the least big surprised!

I mean, will there be a 'most liked' designer this year? There have been votes going on, so I would hope so! I can't even imagine who would get that, unless it would be Carol Hannah! There wasn't a single designer I could actually say was my favorite this season, in regards to design OR personality, outside of her.

As far as the finale, not many surprises. I thought Althea's runway collection was the most hideous thing I've ever seen in my entire life! Every single piece left something to be desired, or just needed to be tossed into a bin somewhere, IMHO, again. What was she thinking? And look at what SHE wore to the showing-were those holes in the back of her leggings?

She may think she's fashion-forward, but I just see grunge when I see her, in a Couhtry Western hairstyle. It's all so weird!

Anyway, so as not to include spoilers, I won't.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The REAL Finale"
I must not know anything about fashion.

Althea's collection looked sloppy to me. Personally, I prefer loose fitting clothing (but back in my younger days not so much ). But her look was baggy to me.
I was surprised by the judges first comments, but later they made it clear that her stuff was casual everyday wear - & I agree.

I really liked Carol Hanna's collection. I could see real people wearing a lot of her designs.
And? I think she should have won.

I should have known they would choose Irena for the win. Her runway had an edgy look - more in line with what I usually see on runways. Not necessarily things real people will wear.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
I thought that it was "sweet" that Carol Hannah wore her prom dress to the finale.

CrystalWithaQ must have been her fashion consultant for the evening.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
Oh yes, but the black leggings just didn't do it for me.

Also, what the heck was Heidi wearing? Hot pink, skin tight, pants short, can I say not flattering?
Seriously!!!!! Made her hips look big! I mean BIG!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
Well, Heidi was pregnant back then.

Not that her fashion choices are entirely sane given that fact.

It's an agman!

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-09, 06:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
Well, it's over at last. Carol Hannah was my favorite, too. I knew Irina would win, though. That's fine. She is good. I loved how her family came out and her dad cried. Touching moment.

It's a Tribe!

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-20-09, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
I'm not surprised Irina won. She had a cohesive collection, the styling was very good, and everything was executed well. I didn't care for it, but that's another story.

Her father crying was so sweet. Maybe now she'll feel she has his approval.

I'm very glad Season 6 is over and I'm looking forward to Season 7.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-09, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
I am with the rest of you who are glad it is over. I am also not surprised Irina won.

I was surprised that none of the judges mentioned how this seemed to be "project knockoff" in regards to all the models sporting ponytails, smudgy eyes, and "please feed me" expressions.

I still don't get why they believe that women would wear sweaters that make them appear as if they are dragging their knuckles on the ground, but that's just me.

11-23-09, 04:19 PM (EST)
14. "Irina's collection"
I've told my kids for months that Irina was going to win because Christian openly praised her collection in the article on the finale, and Christian is the show's ideal winner.

And I knew she won when her model came out with the dangling chinstrap and the handbag, and they showed Michael chuckling. I even stopped the TiVo and pointed it out to my kids, so it was no surprise when Michael alluded to that moment twice during the later judging. It showed two things to me: first, a sense of playfulness that I wouldn't have attributed to Irina, and second, how much work she actually did to make the handbags and the hats, not just the garments.

So no argument with her winning, although I still think Carol Hannah is the most likely to be successful over the long term, because her clothes just look great.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-13-09, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR6 Eps. 13/14, "Finale""
We finally got to see it...up here in the cold country. Irina annoyed me and I felt that the all black collection was not the least bit interesting. It did not read well on TV so it must have been much more interesting in real life.

Loved, loved, loved Carol Hannah's. LOL about her wearing her old prom dress.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •