The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-09, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-09 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

This is a challenge we've seen many times before on previous PRs: make the work of art into a piece of fashion. This time, it was at the Getty Museum in LA. The mayor of LA, fresh off the revelations about his affair with a TV reporter, was on hand, maybe in an effort to pick up a model -- who also came along to the Getty and then apparently were left behind with the mayor while Tim took the designers to Mood.

It seems to me that every time we saw this challenge before, we saw more discussion about transforming the art into fashion and less about the lust for Bryant Park. Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember hearing much about the design choices that were made in this process this time.

Terrible judging panel. When Michael isn't there, Heidi tries to dominate. And Cindy Crawford clearly knows no more than Heidi. With two mentally vacant judges and Michael once again absent, the panel sucked. But it picked the obvious final three.

In the buildup to the runway, we saw Tim trash Irina's piece of fake fur, which she was planning to use as a top cover/wrap, as resembling roadkill. It did. We saw Carol Hannah, who is certainly the designer with the most "straight guy" appeal, look like a nervous wreck all show. And on the runway we saw Christopher weep some more. Weep, Christopher, weep. It's what you're good at.

Carol Hannah made a beautiful dress modeled on a bed covering. Her midwaist design made it look like a bed cover. The judges claimed not to see it, or at least Heidi did. How did she miss it? Maybe because she has no fashion sense at all?

Gordana made a very nice dress clearly modeled on one of Monet's Rouen Cathedral studies. Even Heidi saw the inspiration coming through in the dress, which shows how clear it was. Nice work, but it couldn't make up for her fumbling prior to this.

Heidi claimed that Christopher had been making nice pieces in recent weeks. Maybe all the kids are affecting her memory. Christopher's inspiration was the algae on the wall of the main fountain. Christopher wept about how special this made him, that he could find art in the mundane. Weep, Christopher, weep. But this one, just like last week's, had a nice top but fell apart at the bottom. As Nina said, he needs more work ... perhaps just in making clothes that real women can wear.

Irina and Althea both had problems with their tops. Althea chose a complicated pleating on her skirt and left her top largely unfinished. Without the roadkill, Irina's piece just looked funny with its weird top draping. But they still advanced along with Carol Hannah, and all three stuck with their models for Bryant Park.

When the designers were asked who deserved to go to Bryant Park, both Carol Hannah and Gordana said Christopher, and Christopher returned the favor by picking them. Gordana and Althea picked Irina, and Irina picked them. Carol Hannah and Irina picked Althea, and Althea picked them. Christopher ad Althea picked Carol Hannah, and Carol Hannah picked them. And Christopher and Irina picked Gordana, and Gordana picked them. It was like a return to elementary school.

Oh well, on to Bryant Park and more sniping between Irina and Althea.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... jbug 11-06-09 1
   RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... Buggy 11-07-09 9
 RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... frodis 11-06-09 2
   RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... HistoryDetective 11-06-09 4
       RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... frodis 11-06-09 5
   Wendy Pepper AyaK 11-10-09 12
 RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... HistoryDetective 11-06-09 3
   RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... AyaK 11-10-09 11
 RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... Tahj 11-06-09 6
   RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... SherpaDave 11-06-09 7
       RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... Sunny_Bunny 11-06-09 8
           RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... Tahj 11-09-09 10
               RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fa... AyaK 11-12-09 13
                   One more change AyaK 11-12-09 14
                       RE: One more change Tahj 11-13-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
This time they certainly did not judge based on this challenge alone. This was the first & only design that Gordana has made that I really liked. If based on this challenge only, she would have made it to the final 3. But they considered the whole season - which I guess is only fair.

I was wishing Tim had not said anything about Irena's roadkill; the meaness in me wanted to let the judges have a go at it!
You ruined a great scene Tim!

Wonder if Althea can do better at finishing her garments now that she'll have plenty of time. The close-ups of the poor stitching on her skirt part was really bad!

Carol Hanna got to put in her bit of rope twist/knot. That's her signature. At least we know she has one

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

11-07-09, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
Totally agree!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-06-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
I, too, wondered what Heidi was remembering when she said that Christopher had done well in the recent challenges. The runway should have still been wet from the puddle of tears he created last week. And the week before, and every week since the paper dress challenge. They have to put warning tape around the spot he usually stands before it becomes a sink-hole. Send this man to Texas and end the drought there.

Okay, I'm done picking on Christopher.

I also scoffed when Nina said that she didn't know who Gordana was as a designer, that she hadn't seen anything in her work to give her a clue. Well, Nina, considering that you've been around for what, two challenges? Three? I'm surprised that you even remember Gordana's name. Sheesh.

I thought that the judges were supposed to be judging challenge-by-challenge, not based on overall body of work. I don't necessarily disagree that the three going to Bryant Park are probably the ones who should be going. However, for the designers to be judged on their overall body of work by the judging-panel-du-jour who have not even seen the entire body of work makes no sense whatsoever.

In Season 1, on the last challenge before Bryant Park, Wendy Pepper happened to win the challenge by pulling her dress out of some evil orifice reserved for creating drama and conflict. While I thought that Austin had the better overall body of work, the otherwise undeserving Wendy won the challenge and the BP slot, and Austin was Auf'ed. There's something to be said for pulling the last-minute save, no?

I was peeved, therefore, to see Gordana get booted. Does Althea have the better overall body of work? Yes, I grudgingly admit. Did Gordana deserve to get auf'ed at some point in the competition? Yes, probably. Not for that cathedral dress, though. She should have gotten the Wendy Pepper 11th hour pardon from the Governor slot and the shocking boot should have been Althea.

Why make these people do a final design if they weren't going to actually be judged on it? Bah.

Color me confused also when the judging panel praises Althea's Ho Bag 1.0 design and Ho Bag 2.0 design and then when Althea whips out Golden Ho Bag they trash her for it. That top was exactly the same as the jello-boob tees in her two (two! Gak!) winning designs.

Cindy Crawford picked on Irina's model's shoes, which, unless I am mistaken, Irina did not design. That giant sucking sound you heard was coming from the area somewhere between Cindy's ears. Not even light can escape.

Despite looking like she was going to dissolve into a puddle of goo at any moment, I have to compliment Carol Hannah's maturity when Althea was trying to stir up the poop with her sniping about Irina. I know that Irina is supposed to be the villain but that's only because Althea isn't smart enough. She is high school aplenty, however.

Blah. Bah. Ptooey.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 12:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
Althea's Ho Bag 1.0 design and Ho Bag 2.0 design

I'm flattered that I lured you away from the Ode to Swine Flu comparison!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
Your description was better. Plus, it gave me a chance to use Golden Ho Bag which was an opportunity that I simply could not let pass.

That's not to say that I still don't think that she had Kleenex hidden in those sleeves.

11-10-09, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Wendy Pepper"
I'm not sure that Wendy's awful Bryant Park collection wasn't a factor here. But I admit that, had we not already been spoiled by the knowledge of the final three (because there wasn't a final four like usual), I would have thought that Gordana was in and Althea was out when they were the last two on the runway.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-09 AT 12:52 PM (EST)

all three stuck with their models for Bryant Park

Spoiler! I have not watched Models with Better Fashion Sense than Heidi yet.

Still, I am not surprised that Althea stuck with Titsnisha, Carol Hannah selected dumber-than-a-box-of-rocks Lisa, and Irina opted for Kalynn of the double-sided tape.

As for the two designers who were eliminated, I liked their designs best this week, but I understand that they did not qualify for Bryant Park based on their cumulative performances.

That being said, I would have liked to see what kind of line Christopher would have created with the time and resources available before the finale. "Making clothes that women want to wear" is one definition of fashion, one that the judges have used repeatedly in their assessments. On the other hand, "making clothes that are visually interesting and make a statement" is another definition, one that has not been as influential this season. I could have done without Christopher's weeping (again! I bet that he spends his time at home rocking back and forth in the fetal position, sobbing away), but I thought that the bottom of his dress communicated the density of the large rocks in the fountain. While musical-chairs-judge #1 was correct that it did not flow and would not be comfortable to wear, I found it true to his inspiration and interesting to observe.

ETA: My dream finale, based on designs I want to see rather than clothes women want to wear, would have been Crybaby Christopher, Epperson, and Meana Irina.

11-10-09, 11:58 AM (EST)
11. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
For my money, Epperson was the most shocking boot this year. Everything he designed was interesting. I would have loved to see him make it to the final three.

I'm just not a fan of Christopher's. In a normal season, it would have been shocking to me that Christopher and Logan outlasted Epperson. But in this season, it fit, since there was no continuity of judging.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
So, I didn't see anything about a reunion show. Anyone know? It would be cool if they did one that was current just to see what everyone is up to now.

It's a Tribe!

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
This time around, I'm not sure I care enough about any of these folks to see one. No personalities like Christopher and Chris. That season spoiled me, I think.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
I'm with Dave on this one. If there is a reunion show, it should be titled "Project Heidi: The reunion that's all about Heidi." And I don't think I can stomach Heidi trying to out-Heidi her previous lame comments, make "auf'l" jokes, and attempting to make this an hour of Heidi genuflecting.

Ah the beauty of an hour of eye-rolls from Irina because simply ALL of those "designers" should just accept that she's the only "real designer," so she's going to win, and her demand that the producers just give her the frigging check, and spare the other two hacks the embarrassment of being shown for the talentless slobs that they are.

Imagine the joy of an hour of Christopher crying to the point that it will look like a scene from Alice in Wonderland.

And lets not forget that The Models who aren't Heidi will all be slobbering over Logan.

I think I'll pass on the reunion - as even if Tim Gunn gets to speak, it will be totally overshadowed by Heidi attempting to out do his wittiness - and that frankly, will be far to painful to listen to.

11-09-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
Yeah, I can see why a reunion show wouldn't be all that appealing. I'd just like to know what the designers are up to now since it's been so long between when the show was filmed and when it aired.

It's a Tribe!

11-12-09, 06:28 PM (EST)
13. "RE: PR6, Episode 12: "The Art of Fashion""
Update: All except for the final three have been trying to forget about their involvement with this show ever since it ended.

11-12-09, 07:34 PM (EST)
14. "One more change"
Gordana's closing her South Carolina boutique to focus on her San Diego one. I expect that she's left SC to Carol Hannah and moved to California.

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/seersucker/archives/2009/11/03/gordana-gehlhausens-store-says-auf-wiedersehen-to-charleston

11-13-09, 12:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: One more change"
Nope. Carol Hannah moved to New York per last night's episode.

It's a Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •