The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-31-09, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
nightmare would end?? This season just keeps dragging and dragging, and according to next weeks' previews, we get to see Christopher pull out the tears again. Oh Joy!

I can barely remember what Thursday's episode was about-oh yeah. The 'designers' had to make something to coincide with a winning outfit from another episode. Awkward for Logan, who had never had a winning design.

But he somehow came up with a zippered mess to 'compliment' a nicer/gentler dress that he had been 'safe' from during another show. To Althea's dismay, it was way too close to something she had designed a few episodes ago. But then, later, to her, happiness, Logan was bumped (auf'd) when his design fell flat, and was considered disco/costume something or another, that the 3 women and another judge who had been a contestant from another season, couldn't stop laughing at. Wait a second-I'll find out what his name is-the male judge: Nick Vererros, or 'Uncle Nicky'. Whatever.

I know this is all over the place, but so was the episode. Irina was ticked that Althea's winning design looked too much like her winning design from the previous episode, and gave Althea the Russian look of death. But then, everyone is so acclimated to seeing that, they never know how to interpret it. She is, as they say, 'meana Irina'. And, according to her, no one there has an ounce of brains or talent, except, of course, her. She came in second, with a roll of the eyes.

Gordana was also criticized again by the judges, and we know her time is coming to an end soon, probably before Christopher, because she is so dowdy, and has little confidence, and doesn't know how to turn on the tears so readily. Her design was based on her one and only winning grey gown from a few weeks ago that was considered 'edgy' (another word that is often used and rarely understood). She took it up by making something that looked like a KGB office outfit. Black and grey, and quite dreary. Long jackey, mid-length skirt.

Carol Hannah made yet another adorable dress, based on another yet adorable dress that she took a win for. She was criticized by her co-designers for never designing pants, but Tim, in all his wisdom, told her to stick with what she knows best. And she wow'd the judges once again, who seem to NOT be keeping track with who is doing what. The fact IS that Heidi is the only consistant one, and is more interested in making jokes than keeping serious track of what these designers are capable of doing.

Christopher's dress looked something like his winning dress, with a bed skirt attached. He was criticized for the bedskirt, and the judges had a good laugh about that, but he was good to go, once again. And in his confessional, continued to woo himself on to Bryant Park.

All in all, I will just be glad when this is over, and pretty much pledge not to watch again, if this is going to become the norm for the next season as well. Moving to LA and giving Heidi full reign has been a total disaster. Decent designers have been axed, while low-life designers are still there, floundering, giving the judges a good laugh every week. Wait until these contestants get to see these episodes! How humiliating will they be??

We can pretty much figure it's going to be Irina, Carol Hanna and Althea at Bryant Park. Maybe I'll just wait until they get to that place, and see who wins-big surprise.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... anotherkim 10-31-09 1
   RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... SherpaDave 10-31-09 3
       RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... footballdeb 11-06-09 10
           RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... jbug 11-06-09 11
 RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... frodis 10-31-09 2
   Disagree HistoryDetective 11-01-09 5
       RE: Disagree SherpaDave 11-04-09 9
 RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... Sunny_Bunny 10-31-09 4
   Agree AyaK 11-03-09 7
       RE: Agree Tahj 11-03-09 8
 RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, a... jbug 11-02-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-31-09, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "

I think it is dragging on and on and on for two reasons:

1. rotating judges. I tune out when Michael Kors or Nina Garcia are not there. I like consistency. I want THEIR p.o.v...not some random new person.

2. there isn't a strong, engaging personality this year. for all their talent, these people SUCK to watch. it's like watching paint dry. i loved christian and his attitude (after a few weeks). irina just doesn't have the same connection. her attitude comes across as arrogance and obnoxious, NOT confident talent. hate althea. carol hannah is cute, but not a dominant talent. the others are goners.

Kimmah Says
--i hate lifetime.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-09, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
Totally agreed about the rotating judges, particularly the ones from within the industry. They've always had guest "celebrity" judges, and that's never bothered me (although Christina Aguilera (sp?) was both hideous too look at and to listen to). More Michael Kors, please.

The one guest this season who was a great exception? Milla Jovovich. She was fantastic. My girlfriend made the comment, "They should replace Heidi with her."

And who's dressing Heidi this season? Her outfits have been dreadful.

footballdeb 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-06-09, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail footballdeb Click to send private message to footballdeb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
Hey! I've been a lurker for a long time, and decided to comment on the whole catastrophe with the judges. Tim Gunn was on a talk show, and was asked about why Kors and Nina haven't been on. He said that when the show changed networks, they had them do a season ASAP, but it took awhile for it to be aired. Anyway, with the quickness in taping, Michael Kors was over in Europe overseeing his collections and was unable to get the entire taping schedule cleared. And, Nina was also unable to be there for a number of shows due to scheduling. Hopefully, the next season will be scheduled properly, and they will have all the main judges back. Due to that, I think the consistency in choosing winners and losers has been badly compromised, and it shows.

Thanks for listening.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-09, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
Welcome out of lurkdom Deb!
We need more PR posters!

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-31-09, 09:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
Althea's outfit was an Ode to swine flu. Tee shirt, sweats, and a big sweater; hey, that's what I wear when I'm home sick and spending the day on the couch. All the model was missing was some Kleenex stuffed in the sleeves.

I hated Althea's original winning look. I hated seeing it back on my TV. So, too, I hated what she did this week. Yuck.

Seriously, "Meana Irena?" Oh, that's creative.

I haven't seen a Wow outfit in weeks. There have been some okay, and a lot of blah, but where is the Wow?

Good recap, Mindy.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-09, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Disagree"
Althea's outfit was an Ode to swine flu.

In contrast, BF and I thought that it simply Ho-bag version 2.0 to complement Ho-bag version 1.0, her original outfit, which we were shocked won because it looked trashy in every sense of the word.

We do agree with you that the outfit was horrid.

It's unfortunate that the budget is never large enough to provide a bra instead of having her model's breastesses bouncing all over the place in bad, bad way.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-09, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Disagree"
Totally with you. That they found the flopping breastesses to be a good fashion choice blew my mind.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-31-09, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
I have to agree with you Mindy, and complement you on a dang good recap when there really wasn't a darn thing worth commenting on.

Project Heidi has just gone farther and farther down the tubes this season. Like the rest of you, I think putting the focus on Heidi and her lame attempts at being funny combined with the rotating judges has really shown that the success of this show had alot more to do with Tim, Nina, Kors and the designers then the hostess. On her own, she falters. What is really sad is that she thinks she is the real draw. But then Lifetime obviously agreed with her and thus gave her the second "Models of the runway who aren't Heidi" show as well.

Now on to the show.

Seriously, I just don't get Christopher. If I have to watch him cry yet again, I just might punch my tv screen.

"Who's idea was the cardigan with the big sleeves?" Um... Cardi-coats have been all over the place at Macy's and other high end stores for over a year. How did Heidi, the self proclaimed queen of style miss them? They are in no way "new." They are, however, comfy and stylish - which is why I have a few myself.

Irina's eye rolls would make a great drinking game. Sheesh, this girl is obnoxious.

Gordana obviously needs to learn the definition of "edgy." Dowdy isn't edgy - ever.

I loved Carol Hannah's dress. It's one of those dresses that most women would look great in.

It says a lot when you get down to the end of the game and focus the challenge on all the winning designs - but wait, one contestant has never won a challenge. This is what happens when you keep saving a designer for reasons other than their design skills. So why were they all so surprised when Logan tanked?! I think the judges were the ONLY ones to be surprised - the viewers knew he should have been off weeks ago.

At this point, I'm not really interested in which designer or model wins this thing.

Just take the show back to NYC, bring back consistent judges, and stop tweaking a formula that worked!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Agree"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-09 AT 10:41 AM (EST)

Sorry that I didn't comment earlier, but real life intruded.

This was a very disappointing show, when it should have been fun.

Gordana's outfit was clearly the worst. My younger daughter's comment was that even Macy's wouldn't sell it, because it's too dowdy for them. It's hard to believe she survived, but this cast is so weak that she made it through.

Logan has made it with no talent for weeks. Explain to me again how he outlasted Nicholas? He's gone, but his outfit this week had more going for it than Gordana's. Tim was right: it had potential. Unfortunately, it needed someone other than Logan to execute that potential.

The only thing I really liked was Carol Hannah's dress. She's the new, untrained Rami. And I enjoyed seeing Tim give her good advice: work in the space in which you feel comfortable, but do something different within that. In fact, Tim's conversations with the designers were the most interesting part of this show. Isn't that sad?

It was nice to see that Nick from season 2 is doing OK. I would rather have seen Santino or Daniel from that season as a judge, but that's just me, I guess. Did Chloe Dao really fall off the face of the earth?

The failure to eliminate Gordana can only be blamed on Michael's absence, because otherwise it makes no sense. How much worse can you miss the mark on a single challenge than her outfit here did?

Watching Althea and Irina bitch about who "created" a look that's in the commercial market was just a waste of time ... especially since we know they have almost identical styles. I'm not sure how to pick between them, except that Althea is the nice one and Irina isn't.

At least this train wreck is nearing an end. Praise the Lord.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-03-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Agree"
Did Chloe Dao really fall off the face of the earth?

Here's an update. She seems to be doing quite well. I think I remember her saying she had tried to make a go of it in New York early in her career and it was too hard. I wasn't surprised that she went back to what she was doing Houston and build on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloe_Dao#After_Project_Runway

It's a Tribe!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is everyone as weary as I am, and just wishing this "
I must be in the minority. Course I haven't watched every season from the beginning, so I don't have the first few seasons to compare to. But I still enjoy watching (but then again, I'm still enjoying Survivor, TAR and all the other reality shows; guess I'm willing to put up with a lot). I think I do more people watching than their designs .

I think if Christopher had had a complete line - 10 designs? - based on his petal what-ever look, then his long dress would have fit right in; I didn't think it looked bed skirty; just out there as much as many other designs tend to be.

Logan just couldn't come up with the idea of clothing women would really wear; maybe he needs to be designing cars? He said he likes to work on his cars....

Jordana - too mousey - and her designs reflect that. I never liked the dress she won with so....

Yep, Carol Hanna, Althea & Irena in the final 3.

Didn't like the outfit Althea won with & had to use as am inspiration for this one. This one was better but not by much; don't like the t-shirt-braless-girls-swinging look.

It's a good thing Irena has all the friends she wants back home. She is too full of herself - tho she does have sewing skills & she doesn't go so far off the wall.

Carol Hanna has surprised me. I didn't think she'd last; thought she'd fold under the pressure, but I'm glad she's still hanging in there. Who cares if she hasn't made pants!

Agman 2009

what was that other designer show I was watching last year????

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •