The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-23-09, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
Instead of making my own comments, which I don't have time for right now, I'll post mindy23's, which pretty much match my own (I'll come back later):

mindy23
813 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"
10-23-09, 10:05 AM (EST)

"**Spoiler info** I am just SO ^%$%$^&*&* ANGRY!!!"

What the heck does Christopher have on these judges? Is he a relative, does he have some secret info on Heidi or Michael or Nina? What is the FREAKING DEAL??
He is, by far, the WORST designer left, and has been since, what? FOUR episodes ago! And he's still here??

I don't care about his crocodile tears, something else has to be going on with this guy!! To be left over Nicolas, with that, (and I have to agree with Irina) AMISH LOOKING DRESS, with a funky belt?? Whatever...

I don't get it. But I am SO totally over this show. Something is very very wrong this season. Very Very Wrong!!!

I couldn't have said it better.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... altpeach 10-23-09 1
 RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... Sunny_Bunny 10-23-09 2
 RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... jbug 10-23-09 3
   RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... Sunny_Bunny 10-23-09 4
       RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... Tahj 10-23-09 5
           RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... Sunny_Bunny 10-23-09 7
 Heidi jbug 10-23-09 6
 RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... mhdallas 10-23-09 8
   RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... BlueIris 10-25-09 13
 My take AyaK 10-23-09 9
 RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... Belle Book 10-23-09 10
 RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... kidflash212 10-23-09 11
   RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... AyaK 10-23-09 12
       RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... jbug 10-26-09 14
           RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... AyaK 11-03-09 16
       RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the Wo... Tahj 10-26-09 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

altpeach 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail altpeach Click to send private message to altpeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
I must agree with the above comments as well. Something is very "peculiar" with the eliminations this season. I sort of frowned on the season once Heidi tried to call out Carol Hannah for her accent, specifically the use of "ya'll". Heidi of all people!! The only reason I continue to watch is because of Tim and a couple designers that are left.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
This week on Project Heidi

What the heck? Are they taking casting cues from Survivor now? Never have I seen a bunch of people who fail to understand the challenges more than this season. Are they stupid? Are they not paying attention? Are the lights so bright in PH studios that their brains are fried? Or do all but a few just not know how to listen?

This challenge was so not that difficult. How hard can it be to come up with an outfit that brings out the fantasy of a fantasy getaway?

7. Logan. You are IN Hollywood. Your jeans and t-shirt number personifies every day California. Are you really so frigging stupid that you cant tell the difference between the fantasy (glamor) of Hollywood and what the average student at UCLA wears?!

6. Nick. Um... You got Greece ffs! You know, the land of the Goddess! Why on earth would you choose pants in the land of the Grecian Goddess, Ouzo, the Mediterranean Sea, and ancient temples?! How hard is it to picture some sort of wispy, light, and sea/sky colored dress? Even your model hated it and thought WTF when she saw it! You weren't even NEAR fantasy - and your reality sucked.

5. Christopher. You got the colors right, they just needed to be stronger, as Santa Fe isn't muted, its bold and colorful. Wispy (which most of those sheer fabrics are) isn't Santa Fe. I guess that the reason you got saved is because between Logan and Nick you did manage to step away from sports wear that every high school/college student wears to class every day.

4. Althea. You got St. Tropez, you played it safe. Meh. (but at least you got that this is a hot spot for it's fabulous beaches, and dressed your model appropriately.

3. Uli Carol Hannah. You got Palm Beach and totally channeled Uli. I was rather shocked that 3 out of the four judges who rated Uli's work didn't call you on it, but it was a lovely dress.

2.Gordana: It fit the challenge, the necklace was tre cool, the dress epitomized NY sophistication. Why were you so timid? Had you been as assertive as Irina, I think you might have won this challenge!

1. Irina. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, we get it. You are a legend in your own mind and you love to keep telling us that. Your look really did give off the fantasy at Aspen vibe and I loved the cutout in the sweater. However, I think if Gordana had been as confident in her design as you were, you might not have won the challenge.

Not much to say about Models who aren't Heidi last night. They were pretty vapid and boring - but I do have to agree with Kojii that Nick's greek mess was just terrible.

I have to agree with Mindy in regards to Christopher. The guy has been in the bottom 3 more than anyone else, and yet he stays. *Boggle*

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
Jordana - I didn't see what the judges saw in her dress - except for the necklace/collar. The shiney bands were poorly sewn on - not smooth at all. Except for the collar, the dress looked nothing like the dress design she sketched. The sketch looked awesome - the actual dress not so much.

Liked Carol Hanna's dress more than Irena's outfit.

Didn't think Christopher's was that bad. Jordana focused on her necklace; Chris focused on his belt. What's the difference? At least his top & skirt were sewn well. The skirt - tho short - hung smoothly.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

10-23-09, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
You know Jbug, I didn't think his dress was all that bad either, it just needed to have stronger hues of the colors he used.

Funny thing about Nina saying that his skirt was to short - the dress Heidi wore during the model elimination on Models who aren't Heidi was actually SHORTER than Christophers - AND it was shorter in the front than in the back. LOL'

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-23-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
Even though I'm a fan of Christopher, I agree he's just fallen flat. I didn't hate his outfit last night though, not like the judges did. And I have to disagree strongly about using stronger colors. Have any of you been to New Mexico or Santa Fe? It's a DESERT. The colors were entirely appropriate because desert tones are muted. They mentioned Georgia O'Keefe. Many of her paintings have muted tones and colors. Colors in the desert are very subtle. He could have definitely ramped it up style-wise, though. I did like the belt, but he should have incorporated elements from the belt into the actual fabric.

I liked Irina's a lot. She's not likable, but the girl knows what she's doing.

Gordana's was good but it did look poorly made, as someone else said.

And give me a break on Carol Hannah's design. I've seen this dress so many times it makes me yawn. Begone!

It's a Tribe!

10-23-09, 01:56 PM (EST)
7. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-09 AT 04:45 PM (EST)

Actually, I was basing my Santa Fe colors on home design fabrics, and while his brown was right, most of the blues I have seen are a bit stronger than the pastel he used.

ETA. I live in the desert. The sky here isn't muted, it's a brilliant deep blue most of the time. But, YMMV, naturally.

Gordana's wasn't made as well, but I still liked it as much as Irina's.

And I believe that I compared CH's design to one we had seen repeatedly through Uli's time on PR. It was a nice dress, but as you said, we have seen it - a lot. My thoughts of her dress were more directed at Heidi, Kors, and Nina - who should have mentioned that her dress was a knock off of Uli's.

10-23-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Heidi"
I have to comment on the shoes (boots) Heidi was wearing on the runway.

He dress looked to be black leather. Her boots were gray or tan. At first glance, I thought she had on heels with socks. Hideous!

mhdallas 165 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-09, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhdallas Click to send private message to mhdallas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
The reason Christopher is still on is because he's apparently a 'fan favorite', which means that if he left, a lot of viewers might well turn off the tv. (I know I would!) (And I didn't make this up - I read it somewhere, maybe on the PR site). Besides, he's very cute and I couldn't help noticing that even as certain judges critized his work, they didn't seem to want him gone.

I do think he needs some kind of schooling and, despite his cuteness, I'm also surprised that he's still around. His last 3 designs were godawful, but I actually liked the one from last night. With a little work, it could be made into something very wearable.

I also liked Nicolas, though, and frankly thought Logan should've been the one to leave. I've had about enough of him already - although Irina still takes the prize when it comes to obnoxiousness. Too bad she's a good designer, but that attitude...Personality really needs to count for something in these contests.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings

10-25-09, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
Although Christopher is a fan favorite on the Lifetime website, PR season 6 was filmed last fall. The Bryant Park finale was in February.

The producers may have "known" Christopher was going to be popular, but I doubt it. They should have "known" this season was going to be a bore and fixed it.

10-23-09, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "My take"
First, I was really pleased with last night's judging panel. It was nice to have Michael and Nina back together. And Milla Jovovich was exactly the kind of celebrity judge you want: someone who isn't particularly knowledgeable about fashion and doesn't try to be, but is comfortable with being herself (as a s former supermodel should be). Really, this was the most fun judging panel of the season.

As far as the outfits, I had a difficult time telling my daughters what I liked. The only one I really liked was Irina's, and even there I wasn't crazy about her back cutout: it felt forced. But she was clearly the best, even though I can't stand her.

After that, I guess I like Gordana's best, although the necklace and the sophisticated color were the only interesting parts of it. Despite the fact that I personally have been rooting for Carol Hannah, I thought that her outfit, as well as Althea's, was just OK. The judges were right that Carol Hannah had chosen well in terms of fabric, though -- and that counts for a lot.

Let me just throw in that I think the lack of designer training hurts Carol Hannah, because I think she has very interewsting ideas. Put her together with PR2's Daniel Voskuhl, and you'd really have some nice stuff.

On to the guys. Really, the show could have cut them all last night, and they wouldn't have had grounds to complain. I thought Christopher started with decent colors and then made something hideous. I know he was saved because Milla liked his belt, but I thought even the belt looked cheap. And so he hangs around to embarrass the show for another week.

Logan is a sportswear designer. That was last night's look. Zzzzz. He was second worst, but Heidi liked his casual look. I presume he's going to finish fourth, which will at least make the models happy.

Nicholas made nice-looking pieces, and it's hard to support his elimination when talentless Christopher is still there crying away next to one-note Logan. But Michael had the money quote about his design: what star designer would think of Greece and visualize gray menswear fabric trousers? It was well-made but certainly not from the Greece of Zorba and romance in the Mediterranean.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-23-09, 05:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
In terms of overall talent, Christopher should have been gone by now. However, he did a little bit better in understanding the challenge than Nicolas did. I mean, I'm not a fashion designer but I know what people think of when they think of Grecian fashion -- a long, flowing tunic like something Rami would create. Nicolas clearly missed the mark here and he paid for his failure.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-23-09, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
Last night, I expected Logan & Nicholas would be the bottom two. Christopher should have been gone either of the previous two weeks but I didn't think his was the worst last night. The grey pants of Nicholas' were awful - they looked like the bottom half of a polyester pantsuit from the 70's.

So we get an all female Bryant Park?

10-23-09, 10:14 PM (EST)
12. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-09 AT 10:56 PM (EST)

SPOILER ALERT!

DON'T READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU DON'T WANT THE FINALE TO BE SPOILED!

THIS MEANS YOU!

We've known for a long time that the three designers that showed at Bryant Park were women. Since they didn't have to make a dummy collection this time because the designers weren't allowed to accompany their collections, only three designers showed (despite my dummy collection crack in the post above).

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/project-runway-finale-models-spill-details-of-sixth-season-finalists-8494.php

We even know that two of them are blondes. That means Irina is one, and I've figured that the other two were Carol Hannah and Althea, considering how badly Gordana missed the mark in the Christina Aguilera challenge -- or maybe because the final model in the first collection was Tanisha, and the final model in the second collection was Lisa.

In fact, from the photos of the runway show, I figured the final three showed in the order Althea, Carol Hannah (who seemed very into draping) and Irina (with Kalyn in a Robin Hood-inspired hat). Assuming I'm right, Irina's collection seemed to be the clear winner among the industry types.

http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2009/02/looks_aside_the_project_runway.html

10-26-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
14. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
In looking at the 3 slide shows,
I figure contestant #2 is Carol Hannah - her signature roping / knot tying is there.
But #1 and #3? To me Irena & Althea are alike enough that I can't tell from the slide shows which is which.
If I have to guess, I say Althea #1 contestant show & Irena #3.

11-03-09, 10:46 AM (EST)
16. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
That's correct. Did you notice Tanisha at the end of collection #1?

I hate the Robin Hood hats in Irina's collection, but the fashion pros loved them. Among others, Christian Siriano said that collection #3 was hands-down the best.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-26-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: PR6, Episode 10: "Around the World in Two Days""
It doesn't surprise me. They were my prediction for the final three. I knew Christopher and Logan wouldn't make it. I was less sure about Gordana. She's been somewhat of a wild card.

It's a Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •