The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR 5, Episode 12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-01-08, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR 5, Episode 12"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-08 AT 09:19 AM (EST)

"Nature Calls"

Here we are, down to our final four. If you haven't seen this week's episode yet, and don't want to know who got auf'd, do not continue reading this thread.

We see the recap from last week, and then join the designers in the apartment. Kenley is not talking to Leanne, because she feels Leanne sabotaged Kenley's hip hop outfit by not selling it on the runway. Leanne made the outfit look like a fool's outfit. It had nothing to do with the design. In case you didn't know.
Jerell is lonely in the men's apartment by himself. To the point of drawing faces on fruit, and using a bottle of syrup to represent one of the auf'd designers. I like the Tim Gunn bobble-head. I want one.

No model changes this week, so Heidi sends the designers down to the lobby where Tim is waiting to take them on a little field trip. Off they go, to the New York Botanical Gardens. The challenge is to create an evening gown, using nature as the inspiration. They are given cameras, and have one hour to be inspired.
Korto is reminded of the garden her momma had, and thinks she will win this one for her momma.
Kenley feels this challenge is perfect for her.

After sketching their designs, they are off to Mood. After the shopping time is up, we see Korto looking at some material that someone has apparently left on the table. After they are back in the work room, we discover that it was Kenley who left the tulle. Jerell has some tulle that he won't be using, but he will not be letting Kenley have it. Korto also has tulle she won't be using, and hides it in her Mood bag. But Kenley isn't out of luck - the next day, Tim tells her that if it's on her receipt, she will be allowed to go back to Mood to pick it up.

On to the runway...

Korto:

Leanne:

Jerell:

Kenley:

The judges thought Korto's gown was made beautifully, but not sophisticated. They felt it looked like a beauty pageant gown, not fashion forward.
For Leanne, they said she did a great job with the bodice, it was softer; however, they did not like the blue fabric in the back. (I wish I could have found a pic of her dress from behind. I felt it looked like that piece just got caught up with the dress while sewing, and she just didn't have time to remove it. Too bad that she actually intended to have that.)
I missed the comments made for Jerell's, other than Michael saying it was off, but in an interesting way.
Kenley was told it looks like a reptile, but not in a cool way. It looked creepy. Michael said it was a cliche. After Kenley disagreed with her usual grace and charm, the judges called her on her attitude.

Heidi then asked each designer why they should continue on to Bryant Park, and which two designers should also present? Jerell, Leanne, and Korto all chose each other. Kenley interrupted Jerell while he was explaining why he didn't think Kenley should be at Bryant Park, so Jerell told her that she could begin to speak when they got to her.

Leanne and Jerell had the highest scores, so Kenley and Korto had the lowest. This was the closest runway they've ever had to judge, but only three can show at Bryant. Jerell is the winner. But they couldn't decide on a loser, so they are sending all four home to create a collection. However, since only three can show, when they come back to New York, one will be eliminated. And they are all on the line, including Jerell.

Edited to post correct pic for Kenley's dress.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR 5, Episode 12 kbrockm 10-02-08 1
   RE: PR 5, Episode 12 mindy23 10-02-08 2
       RE: PR 5, Episode 12 Misty Twisty 10-02-08 4
       RE: PR 5, Episode 12 mtopaz 10-02-08 7
       RE: PR 5, Episode 12 StarryLuna 10-03-08 9
 It it the one the are selling on Br... Snidget 10-02-08 3
   RE: It it the one the are selling o... arkiegrl 10-02-08 5
       RE: It it the one the are selling o... mindy23 10-02-08 6
   RE: It it the one the are selling o... Silvergirl1 10-02-08 8
 RE: PR 5, Episode 12 toddE 10-03-08 10
   RE: PR 5, Episode 12 aquariaqueen 10-03-08 11
 RE: PR 5, Episode 12 Sunny_Bunny 10-04-08 12
 RE: PR 5, Episode 12 mattben 10-04-08 13
 RE: PR 5, Episode 12 dajaki 10-04-08 14
 Disappointed moonbaby 10-05-08 15
   RE: Disappointed Silvergirl1 10-06-08 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kbrockm 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-02-08, 00:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kbrockm Click to send private message to kbrockm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
Kenley's design actually reflected the plant she chose, while none of the others did at all to me. This is the first and probably only nice thing I'll ever have to say about Kenley! I really didn't like Jerell's at all. And you're right about the back of Leanne's. It was atrocious. I didn't like hers much at all, and I usually like her designs.

--The Reality TV Fan

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-02-08, 03:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
Kenley's dress, which somehow didn't end up on the original post, was just 'ok' for me. If she'd left off those scaly things on the bottom, it would have looked a bit more sophisticated. But you're right-it's hard to say anything nice about Kenley at this point. As far as an evening gown, it just didn't cut it, IMHO. The material came very close to the leaves she had in the picture, and that's about it. I thought the model looked like a tall Barney, with a snarky designer.

I truly was NOT impressed by any of the dresses. Jerrel's was going somewhere, you could clearly tell, but never quite got there, and that top?? Geez, one sneeze, and you'd be arrested!

Leanne's choice of fabric was brilliant, and I loved her top, but not much more than that reflected the challenge.

Korto-don't know what happened with her this week. She started out well with the fabric, but seemed to lose it once she started draping it. Maybe evening gowns are just not her thing, but didn't she win a challenge or two with longer dresses? I think she tried to step out of her culture zone, and she just shouldn't have.

I've already posted a spoiler on the judges' decision to send all 4 to make designs to 'possibly' send to Bryant Park. I'm so freaking disappointed that they are doing this carp again! And they even admitted to the fact that Kenley's drama adds something to the overall show! WHAT? Is that what fashion has become? Ugly drama?

I have to say, this season has not produced anyone that I would consider buying from, if I had that kind of money. Every season before, I had a few favorites that I would choose in a heartbeat to design something for me. But these final 4 are lacking in so many ways, I can't even begin. And I am in no way qualified to critique fashion on Tim Gunn's, Heidi Klum's or Michael Kor's level.

But if this continues on to the next season, they will definitely lose a fan base. We've had the bickering and competitive spats before. But nothing like the low-class garbage that has come from Kenley. And it all shows in the designs that they are putting down that runway!

Misty Twisty 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-02-08, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Misty%20Twisty Click to send private message to Misty%20Twisty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
Thank goodness I was busy last night and only got to watch the last 10 mins of the show. I would have been even more pissed if I wasted an hr of my life watching this crappy season. I feel the skill level was so high the last two seasons but this season is a joke. Yes some of them have made a nice outfit here and there but overall they have been disappointing. And Kenly is a joke, she's a twenty something spoiled brat who should have been tossed for her "hip hop" outfit.
If/When this show moves to Lifetime I hope they make some major changes or they will lose me as a viewer.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

10-02-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
This episode was disappointing. None of them lived up to expectations, except for Kenley. Ugh! She should have been auf'd after her fugly "hip hop" outfit. If anyone should not be speaking to another, it should be Leanne refusing to speak to Kenley for making her parade around in that gawd awful thing!

Kenley's story about growing up with a tug boat captain father, and always being out on the ocean, might explain her total lack of ability to successfully coexist with other humans. Her obsession with feathers as hair accessories and shoulder epaulets is only one of her many annoying traits.

The dress was reptilian. It was sort of Cruella deVil does lizard.

Korto, Korto, Korto!! What happened? I have loved some of Korto's designs and I was hoping she'd send something truly beautiful and striking down the runway. Soooo disappointed.

I am so distracted by Leanne's flat flyaway hair that is in desperate need of a good cut and conditioning! However, she has occasionally knocked out a pretty decent design. Last night's was okay - loved the fabric. Agree with everyone else - what was she thinking with throwing on that blue swatch in the back?

I liked Jerrell's the best except, as Heidi and others noted, it was too little and too low in the bust. But it was the most interesting to me and I felt he deserved the win.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-03-08, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
Korto's won two challenges - the Olympic one, which was a pantsuit design, and last week's punk outfit for Suede. So she obviously excels at pants. Personally, I liked her dress the best and though the judges were kind of hard on her.

Place witty comment here.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 06:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "It it the one the are selling on Bravo"
http://projectrunway.seenon.com/detail.php?p=24069

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: It it the one the are selling on Bravo"
OMG! That's the one! And it talks! Thanks, Snidget!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It it the one the are selling on Bravo"
>OMG! That's the one! And it
>talks! Thanks, Snidget!

That thing is just scary!!! LOL

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

10-02-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: It it the one the are selling on Bravo"

The audio demonstration of the bobblehead is on youtube.

Silverghoul
Makes a nice Christmas gift!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-08, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
I don't know if this is a bad season, I have enjoyed it. I know everyone loves Christian, but I didn't like last season that much. Hmmm. I didn't like two seasons ago that much either. I basically liked the first two seasons.

Kenley is pretty bad, I have said it was editing, but she just keeps acting terrible. Her dress this week was kind of my favorite, though, because it looked like the petals and was kind of flattering. Korto was "meh", Jerrell was terribly fit and very unflattering on the model (but he won, so what do I know?). Leeanne's was decent.

They were all let downs in comparison to other evening gown competitions (but then Jeffrey won the evening gown with a horrible, ugly plaid thing a couple seasons ago).

We shall see, they keep saying only three will show at Bryant Park and eveyone who has seen the photos (I have not) says the three women had the best collections. Obviously Leeanne is locked in. Probably Korto. Jerrell? Kenley? Both?

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-03-08, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"

>They were all let downs in
>comparison to other evening gown
>competitions (but then Jeffrey won
>the evening gown with a
>horrible, ugly plaid thing a
>couple seasons ago).

None of them were impressive, it makes the guy who did all the draping last season look phenomenal!!!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-08, 03:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
Ya know, I have to stop coming late to the party. All the good snarking peeps here beat me to my best lines. LOL

Ok. I dislike Kenley. I don't like her abrasive personality, I don't like her lack of decorum when other designers get panned by the judges, and I really am not very fond of her stuck in the 50s designs.

But this week, her dress was NOT the suckiest dress in an episode that should have been named Suckapalooza. It did look the most like the picture she used as her inspiration, which IMO fulfilled the challenge. She even stepped outside of her comfort zone - to be blasted for it. The guest judge even complained that there were no florals. She was told Kenley was crazy about florals. Hummm ... a little pre-runway bias? So much for unscripted reality.

As for the winner, I would actually put HIM at the top of the sucktastic bar. I mean really, it wasn't constructed well and the bodice was a "wardrobe malfunction" waiting to happen. When an anorexic with no bust has to yank it up to keep from flashing the cameraman, ya know the bodice has problems. And we all saw the picture he drew inspiration from. Just where on that dress does that picture of a group of variations of plum/pink blossoms come into play? The picture did not have anything to do with this fugly dress.

I wasn't fond of Korto's dress, but it wasn't all that bad either. I loved the shape of the front, but didn't like the color or the lace. This dress was more "meh" then sucks.

Leannes dress was a fabulous color, but the pleating (Tim's description) sort of drooped, and it had that silly slab of blue on the back. If I had to nail down why I don't like it, I would say that I think it would be great as a cocktail dress, but falls flat as an evening gown. YMMV.

I have to agree with everyone else. This season sucks, and I just pray that Bryant Park does not end up being a joke. Failure to choose a loser just shows that they want to keep up the Kenley hate fest for the ratings. See Kenley feel left out. Hear Kenley's nasal voice rise and fall as she cries about being disliked. See Kenley's righteous indignation as her retro-vision is unappreciated over and over and over again. See her tell Tim, Kors, Nina, and Heidi to move over as her floral, old lady, 50s inspired fashions are going to bring America back to good old Leave It To Beaver values.

And then see Jarell, Koroto, and Leanne take the Bryant Park Stage.

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-08, 04:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
I didn't like any of 'em. There were serious flaws everywhere. I guess that excuses the judges for not deciding on a loser. But there's no way Jerell was a winner, IMO.

Close tie for fair:
Leanne - too long, and a disaster in back.
Korto - good lines and pattern, but too simple and stiff.

Close tie for poor:
Kenley - where are the castanets for the snake charmer?
Jerell - it looks like she already threw up on it.

You're right, the drapery guy from last season would've crushed on this competition.

dajaki 1453 desperate attention whore postings

10-04-08, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: PR 5, Episode 12"
All of the dresses had their problems. Korto's color was okay, but it seemed a bit of a mess. I didn't care for the circular lace trimming and the fabric seemed wrinkled. Leanne's was acceptable but for the very odd decision to add the cascade of blue in the rear. The color she chose was perfect for her model. Jerell's dress was the best of the bunch, but the bodice was way too low. I like how he layered the colors in the skirt, though I'm not too sure about the green fabric's texture. Kenley's was just awful. I didn't like the silhouette, the neckline, the fabric, the color, the belt, or the leaves. I'm not as anti-Kenley as others are, but she better produce an excellent line if she wants to make Bryant Park.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-05-08, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Disappointed"
but I'd have to say Leanne did the best here. She should never have tacked on that dark blue fabric. I'm surprised Michael Kors didn't use his standard "pooping fabric" line. Jerell's gown was boob-cuttingly low. Looked uncomfy to wear and a bit like a draped Hefty bag. Yet he won this one.

Kenley:"I wasn't going for elegant, Heidi." I should hope not-it was more of a costume than anything else. Trick or treat! And the eye rolling? Oooo someone needs a time out. Maybe she can get a job at Mood after this, since she's always in one! Girl realizes she's an outsider but doesn't adjust her attitude to change that.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

10-06-08, 05:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Disappointed"

But...*sob*...you don't understand how I *sob* have had to fight all of my life, because I'm *sob* different, and I was *sob* raised on a tugboat.

All of the other designers just hung me out to dry, even Korto, because she failed to even mention me.

Silverghoul
Is this the "Be the #####" game?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •