The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"PR5, Ep 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-13-08, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"PR5, Ep 5"
"Welcome to the Jungle"

This is where I post filler information so no spoiler text could show. So here's your reminder. This post will contain the name of the auf'd designer. Don't want to know yet? Quit reading.

And away we go! Who will be leaving this week, and have their design join the wall of shame?

Recrap to remind us of Jennifer leaving, and who the special guest judge was last week.
(you can never have too many pics of Apollo, right?)

Once again, no model swaps. So Heidi lets the designers know they will be designing a look for a high-powered and glamorous (if that's spelled wrong, blame Fergie - if it's right, I guess Fergie gets the credit ) professional woman. Off they go to the work room, where Tim introduces the special client/judge for this week, Brooke Shields. The challenge is to design a day-to-night look for her character, Wendy, on Lipstick Jungle. And joy of all joys, it's a team challenge! 30 minutes to sketch, then pitch ideas to Brooke. She will choose 6 to move on, and those 6 will pick from the remaining six for their teams.

Brooke chooses Keith, Korto, Jerell, Kelli, Terri, and even though she's somewhat scared of his design idea - Blayne.

Teams are Keith/Kenley, Kortro/Joe, Jerell/Stella, Kelli/Daniel, Terri/Suede and Blayne/Leanne.

Team challenges lead to team drama, but nothing that I found particularly entertaining tonight. Tim comes in with a special announcement - winning design will actually be worn by Brooke Shields during the second season of her show, so no immunity for the winner.

Runway pics - for the teams that had their models show the outfit in two ways, I've included a pic of the second look if I could find one:

Judges call the following: Jerell/Stella, Kelli/Daniel, Keith/Kenley and Blayne/Leanne. The other two teams are in and can leave the runway.

Team Keith is declared the winner, and Team Jerell is told good work and they are in. Of the bottom two teams, Leanne and Daniel are both in, leaving the leaders of both teams at risk. In the end, Blayne is in, and Kelli is out.

Next week preview: design for a drag queen.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: PR5, Ep 5 Fishercat 08-13-08 1
   RE: PR5, Ep 5 TxMom2011 08-14-08 6
       RE: PR5, Ep 5 aquariaqueen 08-14-08 7
       RE: PR5, Ep 5 Fishercat 08-14-08 8
 RE: PR5, Ep 5 Sunny_Bunny 08-14-08 2
 Official GWDKFBLHG update nailbone 08-14-08 3
   RE: Official GWDKFBLHG update mindy23 08-14-08 5
 RE: PR5, Ep 5 aquariaqueen 08-14-08 4
   RE: PR5, Ep 5 trigirl 10-02-08 12
 RE: PR5, Ep 5 jbug 08-14-08 9
   RE: PR5, Ep 5 toddE 08-15-08 10
       RE: PR5, Ep 5 realitytvwatcher 08-18-08 11
 RE: PR5, Ep 5 trigirl 10-02-08 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-13-08, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-08 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

U-G-L-Y is how I describe this entire episode. Team challenges are always bad but this was especially horrible.

KorJoe: Khaki, Orange, and Gold are three rather similar colors that clash to me. It didn't look terribly professional and the "night aspect" looked like a potato sack. It was an ugly outfit and I just hated most of it.

Daniel-Kelli: Horrid on the runway, looks better in the picture, but the leopard print is just tacky. It could have looked solid in the business department had the black covered the top part of the aqua color, but the bustier was tacky as well. The right person went

Jerella: I disliked it. I did enjoy the general set-up/idea, but I hated the combination of fabrics. Gold, Mustard, Belt, and a psuedo-darkish print? The middle was WAY too busy, and it was just a mess to me.

KK: Apparently the new waist are the boobs (or oobies as they are known here). ANOTHER high waisted dress from Kenley (although it was Keith's fuggo design). Very few people look good in brown and we get another ruffled skirt from Keith (it's the newspaper one in one color) and I believe every skirt he's done has had some ruffling on it, whether it was layers like tonight/newspaper, or on the skirt itself like a bubble. Two of my least favorites design an ugly dress and they win?

Terri-Suede: The one outfit I liked, although it looks a lot like what Terri's done before: how about a dress. Still, the black and the print go well together, the neckline is very nice, it works in both settings, it's cute, I thought it deserved the win

Blayne-Leanne: Good for an Old Navy ad, not so much for the runway. If her shirt was buttoned a little more it probably would have worked better for business (still inappropriate with the shorts), but that would prevent the "night" look from appearing.

They chose the wrong winner, the right boot, and it was an uninspired, poorly done, team challenge. Arguably the worst PR winning dress ever too IMO.

Ranking Board

1. Terri-Suede
2. Jerrell-Stella
3. Blayne-Leanne
4. Korto-Joe
5. Kenley-Keith
6. Daniel-Kelli

An Edit for a few production-level complains

1. The editing in this episode was so bizarre. Pieces were flying everywhere on the runway questioning, we have no idea what Kenley was cackling at, who is talking about what, and so on.

2. Team challenges, as always, suck. Be definition, the leader always has to go if they win since it was bad design. Daniel's pencil skirt was, in the end, useless. It's always the leader who goes home and it gets to the point to where it would be BETTER to throw it since you don't get immunity. Woohoo, Keith's fuggo outfit may be seen on a probably cancelled show on an undetermined date in the future, most likely in an unremarkable scene. He'll get calls for that one!

There's no benefit to being the leader and being the subordinate is almost free immunity: there's no way they could have justified sending a subordinate home tonight, even if Daniel is an elitist whiner.

3. Kelli and Blayne were set up to fail by Brooke/Producers. OK, when you pick six designs, that is essentially giving the designers some parameters. That goes under the assumption that, yes, this outfit, if designed as is, will meet the most basic standards for my needs. It's not as if Kelli can present one thing, Brooke green lights it, and suddenly she realizes it's "slutty" and changes it all up.

OK, she did state concerns about the leopard and the shorts to Kelli and Blayne, but by selecting them, that gives them the go-ahead to do it, and I'm assuming the bustier was in the design to begin with. Basically, if something has to be meticulously executed in a specific way not shown on the sketches to be acceptable, it shouldn't be chosen. We saw her give positive comments to everyone but Stella tonight, which implies there were 11 potential designs to choose from: choose other ones that are more likely to succeed.

I understand that it's the designers job in the end and they presented the idea, but as soon as it's chosen, that's the vision they have to do and tinker with if needed. If Bermuda Shorts are too sporty, pick a different design and don't assume the designer will do it the one right way to make it suddenly acceptable as a movie producer. With all this said, Kelli did change it up a lot from her design to severely limit the leopard print and made it sluttier in the process, so I guess change doesn't help, but I think my general point remains valid.

Frustrating episode, but I have high hopes that the gay Jurassic Park/Drag Queen/Chris episode will redeem it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TxMom2011 188 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TxMom2011 Click to send private message to TxMom2011 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
>LAST EDITED ON 08-14-08
>AT 00:18 AM (EST)

>
we have no idea
>what Kenley was cackling at,

Kenley had made a comment earlier in confessionals that Daniel is constantly saying he has a "high'fashion" aestetic yet he keeps cranking out crap.....

He made the same kind of comment to the judges regarding his "high fashion" style

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-14-08, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
and impeccable taste!!!

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-14-08, 04:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
I just means in terms of editing, we have no idea if that laugh was as it seemed: right after Daniel's impeccable taste/high fasion comments, or if it were something else.

I don't like Kenley, but the editing was wonky this episode.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
Ok, since SYTYCD is over now, I got to watch the show.

Oh the drama. Obviously, what Brooke wants, Brooke doesn't always get. Of course, it helps if you, as a designer 1)Listen to what Brooke wants, and deliver it, 2)have taste outside of your mouth, and 3)actually understand what Bohemian means.

Bohemian: a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices.

Blayne and Leanne obviously didn't really understand that a bohemian in the business world would still like to actually LOOK like a businesswoman. Blayne obviously didn't listen to his client. She wanted a business look that could change for evening. What he and Leanne produced was weekend wear that could be worn to the beach. This wasn't business, business causal, or bohemian. It was as off the mark as last weeks June Cleaver dress. Either designer could have gone home; Blayne for never listening to what the client wants, and Leanne for not having the balls to question his "vision." IMHO, they both should have been auf'ed.

Kellie and Danial were perfect examples of the blind leading the blind. Or maybe it was "Lets do leopard, lets put some stupid ruffle on the jacket, and lets do an ill-fitting backless top that makes Brooke look like she has a "night job." Bohemian does not = slut. These two were also good contenders for auf's.

Korto and Joe produced a dress that was not really right for Brookes character, not really the right color for the camera, and if you saw it on the runway (the pic doesn't really show it well) that dress had several pudgy bubble bits because it didn't fit the model well. It made her look lumpy. Pretty tricky thing to do when your model is a twig.

Terri and Suede got lucky. Where exactly was the business to evening part of this outfit? Where exactly was the bohemian feel? This was an average 70s retro superfly look - and you can find that at any of the low end department stores right now. Meh.

Keith and Kenley chose a really lovely fabric for the blouse, and I loved the peak-a-boo sleeves. Having said that, I will now deem Keith Rami-2. I got so tired of Rami the draper, and I am equally tired of Rami-2s scallop, shreddy thingies. The skirt kills "bohemian." It screams "cocktails." I don't really like that they won.

Jerrell and Stella what a great combination of designers. For a guy who got "stuck" with Stella, he really made it work. Yes, this dress doesn't have a second evening look, but that is because it combines both elements into a garment that could transition well with a simple change of purse, shoe and the fabric that threads through the leather belt. The fabric choices do have a bohemian feel to them (Liquid gold? During the DAY?) Yet they made it work.

Also, Brooke clearly favored their design. She was giggly and giving them every indication that this look was her choice. Heidi clearly liked it best as well. Somewhere in the "judging" portion, Nina and Michael managed to change their choice. How? What reasoning did they use? We will never know -- they left that on the editing room floor.

All of these designers have some rather annoying quirks that hinder their designs - which will be just perfect for next weeks "design for a drag queen." After all, if a drag queen disses you, you really don't have much farther to fall.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Official GWDKFBLHG update"
Sadly, there is no GWDKFBLHG this week. All the outfits are bleh in that regard, nothing especially sexy.

Like Bunny said, it seemed as though Brooke REALLY like Jerell's outfit, but ended up giving the win to Keith. I'm not sure if Michael and Nina changed her mind, or if it had something to do with the disclaimer at the end about "input from the producers".

Daniel is to "impeccable taste" and "high fashion" as Jennifer is to "surreal".

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-14-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official GWDKFBLHG update"
I don't really have a lot to say about the designs this week. Most of them were just 'ok' to me. I was disappointed that Brooke gave every indication that Jerrel was going to be her pick, then chose Keith. BUT, I do need to point out, in my huge stack of various fashion mags, of which my husband is trying to weed out, and I continue to horde, those 'hankie' dresses with the newspaper fluff keep popping up, under the guises of D&G, Prada, and various other super-designers. I am just as surprised as you, but it really IS an IN thing right now.

OK, having said that, the thing that most stood out to me this episode were the personalities of these people. I didn't really watch much of the first season-got a lot on the reruns, but has there ever been a season of so many NUT CASES? Or is it just me-am I just getting older, less tolerant, more expectant of so-called 'professional' contestants who flant their wares then show the world how childish and ridiculous they really are??

I suppose if you put some of the most glorious designers/uber-chefs/whatevers in a room, competing, for so many weeks, their weaknesses and quirks would certainly stand out like sore thumbs.

But I really got used to seeing the fun we had with Christian, Jillian, and Rami, and Chris. Yes, they had their moments, but they weren't ALL THE FREAKING TIME! And even the season before, things were fairly professional and smooth, up to Laura's blaming Jeff of farming out his outfits for the finale.

These people?? Very immature, psychotic, strange, unmovable. I dunno. I'm hoping with each elimination, we can start getting to know the REAL designers, who are in this for the game, not the fame, and are not only real designers, but REAL people! Like Karto, Jerrel, Terri, etc. As far as Kendal? Stick a sock in that girl's mouth, would ya?? How immature and ridiculous can you be, giggling like that on the runway, in front of the judges?? She should have been dismissed!

OK, that's my soap box for the day. I want to see designs, I want to see clothes that will be bought 10+ years from now! I want to get to know these designers who will be around more than just a short season on this show. Is that too much to ask??? HELP ME OUT HERE!!! AGH! Sorry.....

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-14-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
I have to preface my post saying I have never seen Lipstick Jungle.....

Korto/Joe--glad they reworked the jacket. It looked much better on the runway. However, the dress looked MUCH WORSE on the runway. Terrible fit, or did she twist her body too much causing those gaps.

Kelli/Daniel-pathetic, almost would have expected Stella to have been part of this team. Raunchy.

Jerrell/Stella-kinda nice, this picture almost made me think of Jessica Parker and Sex in the City.

Keith/Kenley-nice as well. Quite different than what I would wear, but appropriate.

Terri/Suede-looks like something you buy at Kohls....whatever.

Blayne/Leanne-looks like something you buy at K-Mart. Are they even serious with this???? Boardroom-nope. Night on the town-nope!!!! Walking your dog in the park-maybe.

And I've never really liked team competitions.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-02-08, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
Jerrell/Stella-kinda nice, this picture almost made me think of Jessica Parker and Sex in the City.

That is it!!!! I couldn't put my finger on it at first...but that is exactly what it reminded me of.

bouncey by Ice

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-08, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
Tho Jerrel seemed to have been stuck with Stella - as she was the only on left, the two of them really worked it out together.
The only outfit I liked out of the whole bunch.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-15-08, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
Every season has some f'd up choices, so I have grown used to it. Jerrella totally deserved to win, by far. Not even close. Blayne or Leeanne also were even worse, and Daniel has produced consistent junk all season. so the wrong person went, but oh well.

realitytvwatcher 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-18-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail realitytvwatcher Click to send private message to realitytvwatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
I did not like Jarrell's outfit at all. I don't quite understand what all the fuss is about. Maybe it looked better in person - at least I hope it did.

Kelli's outfit was so cheap looking. The colors/prints just made it look like it was from the business line at MerryGoRound (I think I just revealed my age). It was awful and she deserved to go.

Korto's outfit was okay but I personally think she would have done better if she made the dress underneath the actual business side of it. She could have added sleaves to make it look like a simple business dress and then the jacket (which in my opinion was too fancy for the boardroom) as the "night out" touch.

I liked Keith's dress. Not sure it fit the challenge well since it didn't really change much to create a night out look.

Terri's top and pants were cute. I thought it looked too casual though.

Blayne's outfit was all wrong. I hated the color scheme. I hated the fact that you would have to be a bean pole to wear those shorts. It was just way too casual for work and for a night out.

Next week's show looks like it will be a drag. No pun intended.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-02-08, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: PR5, Ep 5"
Loved, loved, loved Keith and Kenley's dress, but totally agree that Keith is the Rami of this season. Ya need to get a new trick, buddy.

I am in the minority here, but my second favourite was Korto and Joe's. Loved the colour pallette but agree the strapless dress was not finished perfectly. Really thought it captured the boho meets boardroom thing though.

bouncey by Ice

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •