The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SHOCKED!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SHOCKED!"
I am -- shocked.
My favorite designer? Michael. But, I found his collection at Bryant Park disappointing.

My favorite collection at Bryant Park? Uli.

If the winner was about the entire show vs. "Collection at Bryant Park" my vote would be for Michael.

Based on tonight's collection? It would be Uli. (That was surprising for me. Up until now, I have thought of Uli as "boring.")I absolutely LOVED her final collection!

I liked maybe 1/2 of Laura's final collection. The rest? I (sorry-- especially to Geg) I thought werre hideous.

Jeffrey's collection? There were maybe two pieces that I liked. The rest? I didn't. They were well made, no doubt, but the point of view and the collection itself? Awful.

That's my POV.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SHOCKED! Crownwinner 10-18-06 1
   RE: SHOCKED! Palm Tree 10-18-06 2
   RE: SHOCKED! tarmaq 10-19-06 3
       RE: SHOCKED! RickCharles 10-19-06 5
           RE: SHOCKED! crs3192 12-09-06 66
       RE: SHOCKED! Tahj 10-19-06 17
 RE: SHOCKED! udg 10-19-06 4
   RE: SHOCKED! Snidget 10-19-06 6
       RE: SHOCKED! eire_heart74 10-19-06 7
           RE: SHOCKED! 1Crownwinner 10-19-06 8
           RE: SHOCKED! mistyrose52 10-19-06 9
               RE: SHOCKED! Snidget 10-19-06 10
               RE: SHOCKED! Shazbot 10-19-06 11
               RE: SHOCKED! Sydney Rain 10-19-06 14
                   WARNING - Sydney Rain Bebo 10-19-06 27
                       RE: WARNING - Sydney Rain Sydney Rain 10-19-06 30
                           RE: WARNING - Sydney Rain Bebo 10-19-06 31
 RE: SHOCKED! deweydrop 10-19-06 12
 RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-19-06 13
 RE: SHOCKED! puppyupper 10-19-06 15
 Well... moonbaby 10-19-06 16
 RE: SHOCKED! pinksparkleguitar 10-19-06 18
 RE: SHOCKED! Tahj 10-19-06 19
   RE: SHOCKED! ginger 10-19-06 20
       RE: SHOCKED! Tahj 10-19-06 21
   RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-19-06 23
       RE: SHOCKED! Tahj 10-19-06 24
       RE: SHOCKED! reealiteefan 10-20-06 50
   RE: SHOCKED! CattyChat 10-19-06 26
       RE: SHOCKED! EMTBGRL 10-19-06 41
   RE: SHOCKED! tvgeek401 10-19-06 42
 RE: SHOCKED! Pretty_Kitty 10-19-06 22
 RE: SHOCKED! toddE 10-19-06 25
   RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-19-06 28
   RE: SHOCKED! puppyupper 10-20-06 44
 RE: SHOCKED! shanana banana 10-19-06 29
   RE: SHOCKED! techstyle 10-19-06 35
 RE: SHOCKED! frodis 10-19-06 32
 RE: SHOCKED! anotherkim 10-19-06 33
   RE: SHOCKED! Snidget 10-19-06 34
   RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-20-06 43
       RE: SHOCKED! ginger 10-20-06 45
           RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-20-06 46
               RE: SHOCKED! ginger 10-20-06 47
                   RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-20-06 48
                       RE: SHOCKED! ginger 10-20-06 49
                           RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-20-06 52
                               RE: SHOCKED! ginger 10-20-06 53
                                   RE: SHOCKED! geg6 10-20-06 54
                                       RE: SHOCKED! ginger 10-20-06 55
                           RE: SHOCKED! EMTBGRL 10-20-06 56
           RE: SHOCKED! anotherkim 10-21-06 57
               RE: SHOCKED! tvgeek401 10-22-06 59
 RE: SHOCKED! EMTBGRL 10-19-06 36
   RE: SHOCKED! pk 10-19-06 38
   RE: SHOCKED! pk 10-19-06 39
 RE: SHOCKED! pk 10-19-06 37
 Raises hand... flipxcyd 10-19-06 40
   RE: Raises hand... reealiteefan 10-20-06 51
       RE: Raises hand... livingthroughmytv 10-21-06 58
           RE: Raises hand... reealiteefan 10-23-06 60
           Welcome! EMTBGRL 10-23-06 61
 RE: SHOCKED! Tahj 10-23-06 62
   RE: SHOCKED! EMTBGRL 10-23-06 63
       RE: SHOCKED! Tahj 10-24-06 64
 RE: SHOCKED! trigirl 11-21-06 65
   RE: SHOCKED! trigirl 12-11-06 67

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Crownwinner 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 11:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Crownwinner Click to send private message to Crownwinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I totally agree. This was the judges worst decision of all time!
UGLY UGLY UGLY!!!

I thought ULI & Laura brought A games
Michael I was disappointed in and he's been one of my favs during the whole show.
Jeffrey only had one or two pieces. Hated the collection!

It had nothing that was cohesive. It was a mess !!! And really it was not creative.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Palm Tree 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-18-06, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I couldn't agree more that is SHOCKING! and all this season of PR! WHAT THE JUDGES ARE THINGING!!!

The most beautiful dresses where from Uli, Laura, and Micheal. Jeffreys is just for the rock types kind of people, but, the others were more wearable in general...whats wrong here people!

This has to be the most annoying season ever on PR, I know I will keep watching it...but, I don't think I will see a fifth season if they do something like this once again!!!

This soft editing for Jeffrey over the latest episodes, and less time for the others...oh I just hope the others make it BIG!!!

The viewers choose Micheal, the judges Jeffrey...I am shocked and disapointed, sorry for Jeffrey's fans, is notting personal IMHO..., the others designs looked way BETTER! thats all!

tarmaq 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-19-06, 00:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tarmaq Click to send private message to tarmaq Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I never got over the fact that Jeffrey was so rude to Angela's mother. Anyone who treated someone that badly didn't deserve to win, in my opinion.

Uli was always nice, at any rate.

Doesn't anybody care about thoughtful, nice people with manners anymore?

RickCharles 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RickCharles Click to send private message to RickCharles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Posted by tarmaq "Doesn't anybody care about thoughtful, nice people with manners anymore?"

Uhmmm...it's a design show, not a Miss Manners show. I think that the judges made the right decision. I personally liked Laura's designs the best...but she is bit of a "one note". Jeffery seems to be the most versatile.

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
66. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Um...if anything Jeffrey is the LEAST versatile. His designs are only different because they are all rocker style. The only dress I liked in that collection was the zipper one. That was amazing. Also, that half green, half red, stripy dress that Tim Gunn thought was so beautful, I thought was HORRENDOUS! Absolutely horrifying. It looked like a screwed up hospital dress. Ugh. ULI! ULI should have won! Her collection was gorgeous with a capital GORGEOUS! My mom and I both watched the show and we both loved her clothes. I do not understand the judges. They said that Uli's clothes were ones that any woman would wear. This was true. Jeffrey's on the other hand was only for women who wear rocker or punk style clothing. AND it was all ugly except for the zipper one. I really didn't get it. I think that Uli should have won.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-06, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Doesn't anybody care about thoughtful, nice people with manners anymore?

Of course they do. That's one of the reasons why Michael is so popular. But that doesn't qualify him to be the winner of PR, nor should it.

Tribe rocked my sig!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-19-06, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I actually liked more of Jeffrey's BP collection than I ever liked his outfits on the show. There were pieces in there that were quite nice (not ones that I would wear, but ones that I could appreciate artistically).

What I didn't get was how people could like the dress that his model from the show was wearing. It had horrid lines, and it didn't appear to fit right. It didn't fit the dress form, and it didn't fit the model. Yet that's the dress that everyone raved about.

I still liked Uli's collection the best. I did think it showed variety within a theme. I loved what she did with the swimsuit cover up. 10/12 were things that I would wear or wish I could wear. Of all of the contestants, I think she might have the most successful career.

Laura's collection was good, and I liked it, but I agreed with the judges that there wasn't quite enough variety in there. I don't see any way that she's not successful after the show, though.

Finally, Michael... He could have done better. He should have done better. What a disappointment.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-06, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I think the judges are trying to find the new up and coming innovative designer, not so much one who makes a name for themselves designing clothes women would actually wear.

Jeffrey can usually out-inovate the others even if a small proportion of his clothes would appeal to a mass market. I think that if Macy's bought these four lines as is Uli's and Laura's would be the biggest sellers. Michael's was a little too hoochie/stripper chic for me, and Jeffrey's a bit too well edgy rocker chic but I do see the most innovative of the four angle. However I could see how they could easily take elements of the runway show and making ready-to-wear clothes with some of the style of the runway show in them and do well. That is often true of runway shows from what I have seen, they need to be a bit on the bizarre side to attract attention but then they take some extract of that to use for the clothes they actually sell to people. The skirts are never as short, the details are never that exagerrated and all that when they go from runway to mass market.

I think any of them could easily get work doing design for a major label. What worries me about Jeffrey is he doesn't seem to do the business side of it well. Going over budget and not having a reciept for the shorts is kind of a red flag for me. Since he has a business I assume he found someone who can do that for him that hopefully he can trust.

It's a tribe creation!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-06, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Agreed! Laura's designs to the judges may of been not exciting enough but if she was going to design for a line at Macy's, she fits right in! In a sense so does Uli.

Michael style wasn't for me but I did like it. I do see him being successful somewhere else. A place that does more sportswear and casual clothes.

Jeffery? I didn't like his clothes or his attitude. I dont' see him fitting into the mold for INC for Macy's. Look how balked designing for the larger woman. Macy's INC goes up to size 14. I'd like to see how he's going to do making a design work on a size 2 and a size 10

1Crownwinner 1 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail 1Crownwinner Click to send private message to 1Crownwinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I think they picked Jeffrey becuz he has a so called EDGE. He may not be cool but they think becuz of his mohawk, Mr T grunge look that he must be cool. It makes me sick that Project Runway
felt the need to be cool instead of the need to be the BEST!
I wish they did like American Idol. You can see who sells the most becuz I bet the other 3 will all out sell Jeffrey.

UGLY, UNORIGINAL, SLOCK !!! Anyone who's lived around Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles has Jeffrey's designs for YEARS! He was the worst of all the designers! NON ORIGINAL!!!!

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-19-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: SHOCKED!"
When you come down to the REALITY of who would really wear these clothes-who of us women are 5'11" and weigh 110#??? Not many!

For the 'normal, everyday woman', there were really very few of them that would fit that mold, to be honest! I thought Uli had a few that I would want in my own closet. Yes, Jeffrey, IMHO, had the best collection over all, but Laura?? I don't have a place in the WORLD I can think of that I would wear one of her designs! I don't go to cocktail parties, movie premiers, nor have I ever-or ever will-jet set with the over 50's millionaire crowd.

Michael's collection was so disappointing-I couldn't believe how low cut and sleezy looking they all were. He was acting as if HE had a contract for some female diva/rock star!!

Anyway, again, IMHO, I don't think they overshadowed Jeffrey with anyone, or anything, considering the accusations he had to undergo and put up with during the last 2 episodes! I say to Laura: EAT YOUR WORDS, B***H!!! You came in 3rd, and that's where you belonged!

To Uli-you are a sweetheart, you will go FAR in Miami, Hawaii, and some of the other places that people love those colorful, flowing outfits. I really do think HER name will stand out higher and longer than the other 4's. But, only time will tell!!

In the meantime: CONGRATS, JEFFREY-YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

10-19-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Well she did freely admit it was an evening wear collection. She wasn't trying to design workwear or sportswear and it showed. Would she do a full line I'm sure there would be lots of not-evening wear in it.

I don't do a lot of evening wear myself, but if I needed something tasteful and classy I'd buy pretty much any of Laura's designs right off her runway. If I wanted something a bit more casual but still dressy and classic enough for several years I'd buy an Uli.

With only 12 outfits you do need some sort of focus and she chose evening wear. However a lot of the shapes and styles she had in a different fabric would make a few things I would wear to work (if I wasn't a lab rat) or on a nice date that wasn't nearly so formal.

I don't understand why her clothes are so completely and utterly distasteful for so many. Most of those are the kinds of classic pieces you buy and wear for a decade or two (which I like, generally). No they are not the trendiest thing that will be so five minutes ago by the first time you get them dry-cleaned. For that you need Jeffrey or Michael (I liked a lot of his clothes, but a lot of them had a style that would be out as quickly they came in). I could see with the runway collection he showed being hip for 1/2 a season for either Michael or Jeffrey. That does get rewarded in the judging, but even the judges admited that for their own personal wear they'd tend to Laura or Uli. Anything classic is not trendy, edgy or innovative, but it is what many more woman tend to buy when they get tired of the what I bought last fall I can't wear ever again.

It's a tribe creation!

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-19-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Project Runway has done this twice now - pick the most innovative designer over the one who will sell the most. Uli will make lots of money... her line was whimsical and brilliant.

But I think what they're looking for in fashion is lots of creativity, and outside the box thinking with an ability to control your ideas... and I think Jeffrey fits the bill. He's like first season winner - Jay - that way. I saw it as a choice for the fashion industry, first, and the consumer second. Fashion is about pushing the envelope... most people don't look like the models on the runway to begin with.

Most outfits in both Uli and Jeffrey's lines were good, while Laura and Michael had only about one dress each that was good. It was funny watching Laura have to eat crow for her accusations against Jeffrey... haven't we all known a self-righteous beotch like that?

Sydney Rain 39 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Sorry, you don't get invited to movie premieres until you're able to spell premiere. It's okay though, I'm sure Jeffrey can't spell either, and your crude style is right in tune with his.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "WARNING - Sydney Rain "
Our community guidelines do not permit bashing other posters. Instead of picking on other posters for their spelling, focus on reading and adhering to our guidelines if you wish to be allowed to continue posting here. There's a link to the guidelines at the top of the page.

Sydney Rain 39 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: WARNING - Sydney Rain "
My apologies if that's considered bashing, but I think calling someone a "self-righteous beotch" is inappropriate.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: WARNING - Sydney Rain "
If you think someone else has not followed the guidelines, then follow the procedures outlined there to notify the moderators and let us handle it.

Now if you wish to discuss this further, please use email or PM. This thread is for discussing the show, not our moderation procedures.

deweydrop 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-19-06, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail deweydrop Click to send private message to deweydrop Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I bet Banana Republic is glad they pulled out for this year! Now he is Macy's problem!

No way in HECK would he have won if BR was still a sponsor/offering the mentoring job/whatever the prize was with BR.

I really did like Uli's collection...I believe I swore loudly at the TV when Jeff's name was anounced...waking the dog and sending my husband running into the room to see what I was swearing at.

I dunno...I'd like to see how this plays out. Jay didn't take the prize the first year, I believe, because he wanted to do more high fashion, not work for Banana Republic...yet he is still "working" with Bravo. Chole too. Can you imagine Jeffery coming back next season as a 'critic'?

watch what happens...

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Don't apologize!

I'd have been happy with either Laura or Uli winning. Seeing the models actually walk, it was apparent that both were the most wearable. I still preferred Laura's just because her stuff suits my style and taste to a T. But I really liked Uli's, too.

Poor Michael just choked, I think.

I don't know what kind of crack they were on to pick Jeffrey's. I only saw one dress I'd wear, but only if wasn't in the ugly fabric he chose. Ugly, ugly, ugly. It reminded me of a few years ago, when the whole fashion world was into "heroin chic." I thought to myself when I saw Jeffrey's collection that only a heroin addict would wear those.

puppyupper 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail puppyupper Click to send private message to puppyupper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I was shocked also, and I won't watch this show in the future. Ever since the mom episode, I've thought that it was pretty obvious that the judges and/or producers wanted Jeffrey to win. He should have been "auf'd" for the mom challenge. Not because of how rude he was to Angela's mother, but because what he made for her was hideous. The judges go on and on about "THIS CHALLENGE WAS ABOUT A, B, AND C, AND WE DIDN'T SEE THAT YOU MET THE CHALLENGE." Then they sent Robert home, but his outfit fit his client, AND she loved it. Jeffrey's didn't fit, and his client hated it. So he gets to stay? What a bunch of hooey.

And what was with all the speeches about "integrity" by Tim Gunn? I think that was a smokescreen to make viewers think the show is on the up and up, which it clearly isn't. I don't believe for a minute that Jeffrey made all of those clothes himself. It would have been very easy for him to get one of his seamstresses to do a lot of the work, and have his business absorb the costs. Plus which: I'm sure he's not above paying illegal laborers under the table.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Well..."
Courtney Love and Gwen Stefani must be happy, because they are the only women I can imagine wearing the designs I saw of Jeffrey's last night.

I would die for a dress from Laura's collection (and a place to wear it to)-but the feathery stuff would give me a rash

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I didn't like Uli's too much when I saw the still images, but when I saw it on the runway it was gorgeous. She was my pick for the win, but alas, I'm not a judge.

I thought the two blue dresses in Jeff's collection were hideous.

Sig by Cyg!

10-19-06, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I'm not shocked at all and I think Jeffry deserved to win. From an OBJECTIVE point of view, his collection stood out as the most interesting, inventive and innovative.

Many people seem to be judging the collections in terms of whether they personally would wear them. That's completely missing the point of the competition. It's about how the designers have grown. Jeffrey was able to tone down his collection yet keep his edge. It was distinctive and I think exactly what the judges were looking for. I can see many other designers taking his ideas and incorporating them in their own collections.

Others seem more inclined to judge on personality. Again, missing the point. It has nothing to do with personality, nor should it. That's why the judges never see or know about what goes on behind the scenes. They see the designs and are judged on their own merit. I don't particularly like Jeffrey but he still deserved to win.

Moves courtesy of Syren

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SHOCKED!"
What Tahj said.

10-19-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Big *smoochies* to you Ginger. I would love to watch the show with you sometime. We'd have a blast.

Tribe rocked my sig!

10-19-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: SHOCKED!"
And you have hit the nail on the head with what is wrong with the fashion industry today.

I have recently read several articles about how revenue for some of the major collections and designers have dipped precipitously the last couple of years. Maybe it's because they have lost all ability to remember what fashion is supposed to be.

Fashion is about clothes people actually want to wear. It's not about supposed to be about how much you can make someone look like a Picasso at the height of his cubist period. If I blow money on a designer piece (granted, I could never afford courture, but I'll cast caution to the wind for designer off the rack), I'd like to look attractive. And, sorry, almost no one would look attractive in Jeffrey's collection. IMHO, not even Gwen Stefani, though at her most unattractive that seems to be her style.

10-19-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
24. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Or, maybe it's because people are bored by the same old thing. C'mon Geg, there are hundreds if not thousands of designers who make clothes people want to wear. The biggest challenge, IMO, is to create something unique. My point in the above post was that maybe there are a lot of people who would never wear Jeffrey's clothes, but other designers will take his fresh, new ideas and make them into something people will want to wear. There will be a lot of modification and adaptation, but the original ideas are his.

Tribe rocked my sig!

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: SHOCKED!"
>And you have hit the nail on the head with what is wrong with the fashion industry today.
>
>Fashion is about clothes people actually
>want to wear

You might add that what appears on the runway is also further edited before it appears in Macy's or other stores. So there is consideration of what the average woman -- with money burning a hole in her handbag -- will wear.

Uli's designs were the most wearer friendly. I was amazed: those fabrics seemed to have lives of their own when worn on a body in motion. Secretly, I believe Kors was taken aback. The first segment of her show looked like designs and color combinations he might have done.

Jeffrey is the one-note. What 30 or 40 yr old woman would wear a dusty pink babydoll dress with a lace trim? Where would you wear Jeffrey's clothes other than Halloween?

Re Jeffrey's win (to quote Catherine Malandrino on Vincent's couture dress): NO! NO! NO! NO!

As for poor Michael, I hated his line. The whole thing looked as if Li'l Kim had commissioned him to design exclusively for her. Everthing was too tight, too short, too gaudy.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-19-06, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: SHOCKED!"
*Stands in line next to Tahj & Ginger*

The results were 100% dead on last night. Michael was the worst of the 4, Laura next and Uli drawing a close 2nd.

Unfortunately for Michael, his line was all kinds of wrong and showed that he needs a lot more growth and experience until he'll make it big. If this show was about personality, Michael would win, with Uli a close second, but it's about creative fashion designing.

Laura makes very nice evening wear, but there is nothing innovative or creative about it. One of my closets is full of evening wear as I love to go to black tie events and look for any reason to dress up. I have quite a few dresses that could have fit right into Laura's line she just showed. (I'm not about the feathers, though). Anyway, I agree and always thought Laura's designs were nice, but nothing new or exciting.

Uli pulled out all the stops and had a beautiful, flattering line. I do not wear prints, but have thought Uli has a great eye and I look forward to seeing what she's going to design next. She's creative -- well, more creative with the fabrics than the actual styles -- her dresses are very similar if you take away the print/color combinations.

Next to Laura, Jeffrey is the designer I would least like to hang around with. However, THIS season Jeffrey has proven himself to be among the most creative designers, with a clear vision. He won challenges during the season (my fave design he did was actually robbed of a win in the recycling challenge -- his newspaper dress was so much better than all the others) and Jeffrey put everything he had into his collection for Bryant Park. Jeffrey won't win any humanitarian of the year awards, but this man is talented and creative and has a serious passion for what he is creating.

PR is about finding real talent and giving them the tools to run with it. If I had time & patience, I could make the same dresses Laura makes, that is why she doesn't impress me as much. I could never come up with the creative use of colors & prints like Uli, nor the funky & creative designs that Jeffrey does . . . THAT is why THEY impress me.

They are like artists . . .

Jeffrey -- Jackson Pollack

Uli -- Picasso

Laura -- Monet paint by numbers

Michael -- Velvet Elvis Painting (sorry, but his line was really tacky and a HUGE disappointment)

Kind Creation of ARNutz

10-19-06, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: SHOCKED!"
>They are like artists . .
>.
>
>Jeffrey -- Jackson Pollack

I see Jeffrey as more like the artist who painted "Dogs Playing Poker." Why? Because I thought that painting was interesting the first time I saw it. I might have wanted one, because of the whimsy, although I'd never admit it aloud. Then? forgot about it when I left the room. The next time I saw one? No whimsy. It's embarrassing to be in the same room with it. However, you can't help but wonder why so many people have bought one.

That's how I see Jeffrey's work.

People will probably buy it. I will wonder why. I do not see him as particularly innovative based on what he showed at BP. I thought the colors were off, the designs were hideous, and Marlinda, (his model) should be in something far more flattering for the Elle magazine shoot she won.

Other artists?
Michael-- Monet (Nearsighted, baby)Did you drop your glasses and create your line??(Very disappointed)
Uli-- Van Gogh's "A Starry Night" - Flowy, and small painting in real life. Potential for growth. Still beautiful.
Laura?-- Bob Ross. Nice landscapes. Predictable, thought talented and thorough. But, Ross was known for his landscapes. Laura will be known for her evening-wear. Artistic one-notes.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-19-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Add me to the agreeing with Tahj group.

Michael's collection looked liked everything came straight out of a rap video. Hoochie and disappointing. I did like, but would never wear a few of his pieces, including the superhero-esque gold 'bathing suit'.

Laura's was beautiful and I would wear a lot of the dresses she created if I was ever in need of a feathered little black dress(which was actually one of my favorites of hers). But she wasn't very innovative.

Uli's design had two things: Long flowy print dresses, which are beautiful, and dresses that remind me of Star Trek for some reason--perhaps it's the keyhole thing she did so often. I wouldn't wear many of her designs because most of them require oobies of some kind and I'm definately on Laura's edge of the spectrum in that respect.

I like Jeffrey's best. It was most innovative and I could imagine myself wearing most of his designs (except that god-awful long blue dress). But of course I'm 19 and an aspiring rocker-chick so I'm in his ideal market.

So basically I think the judges made the right decision as Jeffrey's collection was the most innovative and, in my opinion, best looking.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!
and those leather pants. I'm totally not supportive of animal product on my body.

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-06, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Im shocked that I liked something from each collection. In the past I haven't been really impressed with any of the collections but there was something I'd wear in each one this year.
I liked Uli all season but am not big on prints I really liked her toned down stuff
Laura was my fave all season and her collection was my favorite but I didnt have that wanna puke feeling when Jeffrey won

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-19-06, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Jeffrey had that tight pants with stripey green jacket outfit that is shown all the time and did look really nice, but I didn't like anything else of his, and I don't even think his collection looks all that "rocker"-ish. Stripey green dresses? Weird blue dresses? I can't see rocker chicks in that.

But I am not shocked. After the editing when they decided all four could show, then the reunion and first half of the finale, it was super obvious that Jeffrey would win.

10-19-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
28. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Agreed that they set it up for him to win, but I'll never get why. The women's runway shows blew either of the guys stuff off the stage. Even the audience had more reaction to Uli and Laura's stuff than either Jeffrey or Michael's.

This might have been my jump the shark moment for this show, sad as that makes me.

puppyupper 13 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail puppyupper Click to send private message to puppyupper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Like I said: It was super obvious to me weeks and weeks ago that Jeffrey would win, simply because of the fact that the judges kept giving him a pass for producing crap. For black and white challenge Michael Kors tells him: "It looks a little cheap to me." A LITTLE CHEAP? When that girl came out, I thought that she looked like a Tijuana hooker. The judges just got nicer and nicer to him as the season progressed. That's what was obvious.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I thought the judges made the right decision -- Jeffrey's collection was the most interesting, creative, innovative and fun. Everyone had a fabulous collection to show last night (except Michael's -- a little too hoochy-momma in spots) but I think Jeff's stood out as the most all-around interesting.

This isn't a personality contest, as we know he definitely wouldn't have won that. But in terms of creating fashion, he knocked it out of the park.

techstyle 124 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail techstyle Click to send private message to techstyle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: SHOCKED!"
NOT SHOCKED!

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frodis Click to send private message to frodis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I was rooting for Laura, or Uli to win as I personally liked their designs the best. As in, for me.

But I, too, support a Jeffrey win because he was certainly innovative, and interesting, and creative. I wouldn't wear any of it, but I can appreciate his vision.

I got my undies in a twist a few times in past seasons of this show until I adopted the mindset that comparing the clothing made for the runway shows to actual, on-the-rack fashion is like comparing concept cars to street vehicles.

Or, comparing a gourmet dish (the kind that is a little dab of something in the middle of a gigantic plate which looks gorgeous and probably tastes divine but occupies a space no larger than the bowl of a teaspoon) to a meal that would actually sustain you. (Pasta bar!)

But that's just me.

Like a bird on a stick, like a burning midnight fire, I have tried, in my life to be free.
Sigs by Bob-Poor drawing combined with obscure misquoted lyrics.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: SHOCKED!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-06 AT 06:23 PM (EST)

totally agreee. I've though Uli was snoozola for about the past 9 weeks, but collection seemed more wearable for the size 2-6s of the world than Jeffrey's ever did. And it was so harmonius and balanced. Nothing was God-awful like that craptastic blue satin mess that J. showed.

Michael fell long and hard--his collection looked entirely too blingarrific and hoochey for me and I would say 90% of the world who was over 24 or so.

Laura's was my favorite--to me, her collection looked like what an NY fashion week collection SHOULD look like. I think she'll make more money than any of them if she sticks to the super-classy, chic fashions and opens a showroom in NYC. If I ever hit New York with money in my pocket and significantly smaller ass, I'll own one of her dresses for evening.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--I wouldn't cross the street here in podunk Tennessee to buy something of Jeffrey's collection...that short maternity-looking baby doll dress? BLECH!

10-19-06, 06:58 PM (EST)
34. "RE: SHOCKED!"

--That one that made the model look fat? I was wondering how they heck you make a stick like that look bloated.

10-20-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
43. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Ah, Kimmah, finally someone after my own heart.

I agree with every word you wrote.

I want every single dress in Laura's collection. Every single one.

10-20-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Ladies, I'm sorry, but I think our age/lack of edge is showing. Compare your thoughts to Vogue's choice of Best Collections Spring 2006:

http://www.style.com/fashionshows/collections/S2007RTW/editor/101906/

I DON'T think fashion is what Kim, Ginger and Geg wanna wear. I think that's ready-to-wear.

10-20-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
46. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Well, like I said before somewhere in one of these threads...

I *heart* Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. I have been know to splurge rather heavily on their ready-to-wear. And if I could ever afford it, for courture it would be Armani.

I like clean and classic. It looks best on me and always has. And most of that stuff looks like it came out of my 5 year old niece's cutout and crayon box.

I wish I could link to the article I read a couple of weeks ago about how all these goofy, supposedly cutting edge fashions touted by Vogue, etc. are not selling (apparently you have to have a subscription, which I do but most of you probably don't). Ummmm, maybe because they are hideously ugly, perhaps? And most 19 year olds don't have the budget to buy something that would get them pointed to and laughed at on the street by the time spring rolls around?

10-20-06, 01:43 PM (EST)
47. "RE: SHOCKED!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-06 AT 01:46 PM (EST)

If I were 19 and small breasted I would wear Jeffrey's collection, Geg.

*there; I've said it*

We all look good in classic. That's why it's classic.

ETA link to good post finale interview with Tim Gunn, who knows much much much much much more about fashion than I do:
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/10/you_heard_it_he.html

10-20-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
48. "RE: SHOCKED!"
LAST EDITED ON 10-20-06 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

Sorry, my twin.

But regarding Jeffrey's collection? As Laura would say, there's some serious ugly going on there.

FWIW, Tim has to justify the Jeffrey win. But I take comfort in the fact that at least one judge, even if it's only the guest judge, has what I consider to be good taste.

Edited to add: Aaaaaack! I just did the slide shows from that Vogue link. You do realize that this junk actually was the ready-to-wear? Why does Alexander McQueen want women to look like they have pot roasts applied directly to their hips? Exactly how is that attractive on a real woman if it can make a 6'2", 98 lb. model look fat? I guess it's kinda like that babydoll dress of Jeffrey's that made Marilinda look 9 months pregnant. Ewwww.

I don't believe you'd wear that stuff. I can, however, totally picture a beautiful, tall redhead wearing Uli's stuff if she was 19 and smaller-breasted.

10-20-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
49. "RE: SHOCKED!"
*sighs*

I guess we're just hipper on the Coasts, babe.

DUCKS AND RUNS

Hey, as long as we agree on POLITICS, the rest is effluvia.

10-20-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
52. "RE: SHOCKED!"
No, according to Alexander McQueen, you're just hips.

10-20-06, 03:40 PM (EST)
53. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Another column on "Why Jeffrey?"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/19/AR2006101901855.html

10-20-06, 04:30 PM (EST)
54. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Well, the fact that Laura was compared to Armani thrills me.

And if Jeffrey is "fashion," I don't ever want to be in fashion.

Gimme some Armani and Bennett.

10-20-06, 05:02 PM (EST)
55. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I thought that article sort of encompassed what we were all saying. And yes, I thought of you when I read the Armani thang.

10-20-06, 08:17 PM (EST)
56. "RE: SHOCKED!"
>*sighs*
>
>I guess we're just hipper on
>the Coasts, babe.

Hey, THANKS! (Another coastal babe!) ;)

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: SHOCKED!"
If Alexander McQueen is what is current and hot right now, then frankly, I don't want to be fashionable EVER.

Seeing those slides made me laugh, though, because the judges gave the contestants hell for putting outlandish makeup or hair on their models or creating costumes and many of those in the Top Ten looked like freaks. There was no cohesive message given out by the judges--were they supposed to be creating a collection that would be commercial and sell in a wide market or were they supposed to be innovative and out there and cater to the 1% who wear what Heidi Klum came out in each week?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--my big question--who would Michael Kors hire? Jeffrey? Not a chance, IMO. His collection at Neiman Marcus, for example, screams Laura.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-22-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Me, neither.

A lot of those designs look more like modern art than clothing. At least someone out in the real world could wear Jeffrey's line.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

10-19-06, 07:39 PM (EST)
36. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I've been mulling over "Designs Alone" and "Designs + the Personality of the Designer." Should the WHO the designer is MATTER?

I thought not.
Then? I mulled it over some more....I think it should matter.

Why? -- Since the point to being in the fashion industry is to make a living, and not just design. The end result is that other people will have to work with the designer. The public that BUYS the designs, if they ever make it onto a clothing rack in a store, will be FUNDING the work of that particular person. I believe that to be part of "Fashion Ethics." If you know a particular designer is a jerk, will that steer you away at all from what he/she designed?

I used to buy a particular designer, and then I found out he was a real misogynist pig who liked to feel up female clients. I hate to admit it--- but, I stopped buying his stuff. I couldn't stomach the idea that the clothes I bought were helping to pay for--- well, ANY part of his life--

That said.

On DESIGN alone? If it had been just about the collection at BP?
Uli should have won.

(She is a nice person, too, yes, but that is NOT why I would have picked her. Out of all the designers, she was the ONLY one that had an entire collection that didn't make me CRINGE someplace during the presentation on the runway!) You could tell that all her pieces were a signature "Uli." Her taste is NOT my taste, but I still loved what she designed, and would buy it! Isn't that the point? And, not for nuthin' but I thought Uli was the best-dressed designer at BP, too. Yes, I know Laura was wearing maternity. There is such a thing as "flattering" maternity wear. That wasn't it.

I agree that Michael Knight's collection was hootchie. Nobody with self-respect would wear most of that if they were over 24, 28 TOPS. without looking ridiculous. He's been my running favorite throughout the show.

I agree with Geg that picking Jeffrey? was the "jump the shark" moment for me, too. That is also NOT based on his personality. (*Honestly? Laura rubs me the wrong way more than Jeffrey does. I'm not sure WHY.)

pk 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pk Click to send private message to pk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Ive watched the show the whole way long....loved Michael, at one point....Jeff....at the end? no contest.

10-19-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pk Click to send private message to pk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: SHOCKED!"
And thats why Jeff won!

10-19-06, 07:56 PM (EST)
37. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I found his "coutoure" design absolutely BRILLIANT!

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "Raises hand..."
Yep, I'm shocked here too. Anyone hear me scream, "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I truly, really thought, Uli was gonna' win it...I really did! WTF were the judges thinking? Uli got robbed.

As for the others...
Laura: still the same
Michael: you simply CHOKED
Jeffrey: WTF???

An arkiegrl siggie

10-20-06, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Raises hand..."
You know what would have been interesting -- just for laughs -- is to see what kind of designs VINCENT would have sent down the runway. Picture it: 12 dresses with shoulder pads, crazy hanging sleeves. His glue gun would have been red hot!

livingthroughmytv 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-21-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail livingthroughmytv Click to send private message to livingthroughmytv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Raises hand..."
*shudders* I'm sure he'd have "gotten off" on some kind of street trash meets eighties soap outfits.

For what it's worth, I loved Laura and Uli. I loved Michael on the show, but not his collection. Jeffrey? Blech.

Maybe folks are hipper on the coast, but more of us live in fly over country than on the coast. I don't care about looking hip. I just want clothes that don't emphesize my hips. I would wear Laura's designs. I'm forty and I dress like a forty year old woman. And I bet I have more money to spend on my fashion than a small breasted 19 yo. I guess that puts me in Geg's camp.

10-23-06, 11:04 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Raises hand..."
This season demonstrates that fashion is largely a matter of opinion of fashion magazine editors. Often whatever they see may run against the grain of what the public thinks and wants to wear. Jeffrey's designs? If I were a woman, I wouldn't be caught dead in that mess.

But I will admit overall the quality of designers is steadily improving on the show. Did anyone notice there were almost no mentions of hanging threads or uneven hems? In seasons one and two, the judges could always point out poor craftsmanship. Despite matters of taste, all the Season Three designers could sew their heads off.

10-23-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
61. "Welcome!"
Welcome to the Boards!!

I'm forty and I dress like a
>forty year old woman.

We're on the same page there!

I'm 37, and have a wide variety of "looks" but all of them are age-appropriate, for everywhere I go. However, I don't go to premiere parties, I'm not a jet-setter, and I don't think I'll be winning an Oscar anytime soon. I don't have much need for "evening wear." Honestly? Most of the time I'm in uniform in the evenings. That doesn't mean when I come home I wouldn't like to look and dress like a woman on her own time.

So, a realistic collection for a 30+ woman that can be worn out in real life? would have been fabulous. The only designer that I think accomplished that? Uli Herzner. That's coming from me, the person that called her a "one-note" all through the competition. I am not a "flowy dress" person, either. I thought she showed the broadest, most wearable range in her collection.

There were things in Uli's collection I could see myself wearing on a date, to meet my daughter's teacher, or go out with a friend. Michael's collection? Not even when I *WAS* 19! Never in my life have I worn an outfit that even hinted at "trashy." I was disappointed in Michael's collection for that reason. Laura's? Well made, doesn't fit my style or lifestyle. That's all I'm sayin' -- I am not knocking her as a designer. I'm sure that she will find a niche. It just doesn't capture my purse-strings.

>And I bet I have
>more money to spend on
>my fashion than a small
>breasted 19 yo. I
>guess that puts me in
>Geg's camp.

That puts me in Geg's camp, too!

In a store? I would put my money down for Uli's collection.

10-23-06, 05:55 PM (EST)
62. "RE: SHOCKED!"
This thread reminds me of this scene from The Devil Wears Prada.

Miranda and some assistants are deciding between two similar belts for an outfit. Andy sniggers because she thinks they look exactly the same.

Miranda Priestly: Something funny?

Andy Sachs: No, no, nothing. Y'know, it's just that both those belts look exactly the same to me. Y'know, I'm still learning about all this stuff.

Miranda Priestly: This... 'stuff'? Oh... ok. I see, you think this has nothing to do with you. You go to your closet and you select out, oh I don't know, that lumpy blue sweater, for instance, because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously to care about what you put on your back. But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise, it's actually cerulean. You're also blindly unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar De La Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves St Laurent, wasn't it, who showed cerulean military jackets? And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of 8 different designers. Then it filtered down through the department stores and then trickled on down into some tragic casual corner where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. However, that blue represents millions of dollars and countless jobs and so it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice that exempts you from the fashion industry when, in fact, you're wearing the sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room. From a pile of stuff.

Moves courtesy of Syren

10-23-06, 08:30 PM (EST)
63. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Tahj,

Ah! "The Devil Wears Prada"

My favorite line from the movie? and got the most snickers from the women, (in particular,) in the audience?

"My new diet is to eat nothing, and when I feel faint, I eat a cube of cheese"

Equally absurd. Why the snickers? The recognition of the attempt to want to "fit in" to the point of the ridiculous. Isn't that the opposite of making fashion ridiculous and outlandish, as opposed to wanting it to be creative, yet wearable? Isn't that what all fashion-savvy people REALLY want?

just a question.

How's things in Englewood? (I miss CO. The state where "shorts" are the year round fashion!) ;)

10-24-06, 10:56 AM (EST)
64. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Hi EMT,

Isn't that what all fashion-savvy people REALLY want?

Yep, and according to Miranda the ridiculous and outlandish will eventually filter down to some wearable and hopefully creative form that people will buy.

The whole point of outlandish fashion, IMO, is for the designers to get attention and recognition so they can establish a name. That name then gets put on ready-to-wear lines and that's where the real money is for designers.

Englewood is doing well and people are still wearing shorts this time of year. I'm a native and even I think that's pretty crazy.

Tribe rocked my sig!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-21-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
65. "RE: SHOCKED!"
I am shocked too because the finale hasn't even aired here in Canada yet and I have tried sooooo hard to avoid the boards and US news and what sign do I see while shopping in tony Hazelton Lanes in Toronto last week....
Cosa Nostra designs from Project Runway Winner Jeffrey Sebilia....
all over the f&*king window. Well I went in a gave them a piece of my mind but then drooled all over the very expensive Cosa Nostra clothes. Very cool stuff.

I haven't seen the collections yet, but I cannot believe that Michael didn't win. He was clearly the best all season long.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-11-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: SHOCKED!"
Finally aired in Canada and you guys misled me. Thought all four collections were amazing. Best runway show yet. I did think Michael dropped the ball a little and didn't deserve to win but do think Jeffrey's was very good. I absolutely loved, loved, loved Laura's. I would buy any one of those pieces!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •