The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

salmotrutta 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-15-06, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail salmotrutta Click to send private message to salmotrutta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
the only reason laura even mentioned jeffrey had help is because she is jealous. it is so ridiculous that she has to accuse jeffrey of cheating just because he is better than her. i guess when you don't have any self-esteem that is the only way to go about it.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... reealiteefan 10-15-06 1
 RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Crownwinner 10-18-06 2
   RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Sydney Rain 10-18-06 3
       RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... reealiteefan 10-18-06 4
           RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Snidget 10-18-06 6
           RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Sydney Rain 10-18-06 7
       RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Snidget 10-18-06 5
           RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Sydney Rain 10-18-06 8
 RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... geg6 10-18-06 9
   I agree! udg 10-18-06 10
   RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... salmotrutta 10-19-06 13
       WARNING - salmotrutta Bebo 10-20-06 14
       RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... geg6 10-20-06 15
           Let it go Bebo 10-20-06 16
 We shall see.... moonbaby 10-18-06 11
   RE: We shall see.... Palm Tree 10-18-06 12
 RE: sucks when jealousy dictates yo... Tahj 10-20-06 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-15-06, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
So true! And it's sad when Laura is talented -- for the limited imaginative range she has. I saw a slideshow of Fashion Week in the NYTimes online. The caption under one of Laura's evening dresses (full length black lace number reminiscent of her failed "couture" dress) was ".. and a dozen more just like it."

NO points for creativity

And am I the only one who noticed in the 1st part of the Fashion Week countdown, Laura's husband looked like her FATHER!? She must have married a much older -- yet still virile -- man.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Crownwinner 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crownwinner Click to send private message to Crownwinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
I disagree with you. I think If you think something looks like a duck and walks like a duck maybe you should mention the duck to Tim Gunn. Also, Michael thought the same thing and said he was going to say something but Laura was the one who took Tim outside and told him what the suspicions are. Even if Jeffery did cheat, they will never be able to prove it.

As I said on another thread, I think Jeffery goes to fashion week becuz I saw the top 4 on one of the morning shows. How cocky Jeffrey was acting, I think he won the whole thing.

Just my opinion! And Speculation!

Sydney Rain 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-18-06, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
>If you think something looks
>like a duck and walks
>like a duck maybe you
>should mention the duck to
>Tim Gunn.

That is priceless, Crown!!! Finally, a viewer with a brain and not just emotional responses! I have no idea if Jeffrey did or didn't cheat -- I think he's talented (all 4 are talented), but for me the big issue was that Laura had the guts to bring it up. Made me realize that I would have just sucked it up, whatever I thought, and then resented it. I hate confrontation, and I learned a lot from the way she handled this issue. Maybe she's wrong, maybe not, but she said what she thought, and I wish I could be more like that. And yes, I also got wind of the fact that Jeffrey showed a collection (I avoided peeking at the web because I want to be suprised!), but isn't it possible that they let him show, but not be in the running for the PR winning slot? That would have been a logical compromise. This is the first season I watched from the beginning, but I watched some of the earlier seasons' re-runs, and wasn't there someone who had a friend provide shoes for her and the producers gave the designer the option of having them ignore the shoes or go barefoot, or something like that? Hey, there have to be rules -- and wasn't Jeffrey's one of the heads that was shaking during the reunion show when Keith kept claiming "no one said we couldn't do that"???

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
"..the big issue was that Laura had the guts to bring it up. ..."

I disagree (no surprise). Spite, envy, and plain old last-ditch b!tch!ness don't require courage .. just a big enough mouth. But then Kayne, too, adopted the role of whistle-blower over the contraband design book debacle.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-06, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
See I don't see it as just plain old being a #####.

Yep, she is a typical New Yorker and is confrontational. Of Michael, Uli and Laura who all wondered what was going on I could see Laura being the one who would actually say something just because the other two would probably do the whole trying to be nice thing.

I don't think that makes her a shrewish jealous witch. She has shown she has a competative side and competative people usually do not let people who may be cheating just get away with it because that would be the nice thing to do. Anytime you speak up like that it tends to be hard, and I didn't see her getting all excited about being able to tattle like people seem to think based on how they are reacting to her. However, in that situation you do have to speak up even if you don't want to, and frankly a lot of people never do speak up no matter how bad things are.

If Jeffrey had at least pretended to have at least some work to still do rather than acting really bored and in ways that IMO would tend to rub anyone in that situation the wrong way she might not have been so quick to wonder what is going on (Especially since I think I remember him complaining about how much other work he had to do and how much time he didn't have). I mean Laura who had more done at the home visit of any contestant ever still had a few details to attend to. It does seem odd he had absolutely nothing to do at all. May be the way it was, and it could be the editing, but it did seem something was out of place.

Yep, he could have had everything done and been so lucky that every model was the exact perfect size, but you don't let people who are furiously working away see you being that bored. Not that Jeffrey seems to be that good at reading what other people think of him, so it doesn't suprise me that his behavior contributed to the situation.

It's a tribe creation!

10-18-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
Kayne, too, adopted the
>role of whistle-blower over the
>contraband design book debacle.

And he wasn't wrong either -- just brave, and interested in a level playing field for everybody.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
Each season the fashion show happens in real time before they get to just the people in the fashion show. Even when less than 4 people are in the running for the grand prize usually 4 people have shows.

That way the viewers can't know who might have been eliminated/disqualified, etc. before it airs on the show.

Just one of the problems with having something that gives part of the ending away happen during the run of the show and needing time to put together that footage after the real time event happens.

So they get us up to the number of show slots they have in the show (usually four) just before fashion week, and then we get final eliminations and all of the after fashion week.

10-18-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
8. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"

>Even when less than 4
>people are in the running
>for the grand prize usually
>4 people have shows.

Thanks, Snidge -- that's enlightening. (Just one more turn of the screw to keep the suspense ratcheted up . . .)!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
Sorry, but I never saw Laura show one bit of jealousy toward Jeffrey. In fact, all throughout the season it was Jeffrey who was shown to be always jealous of everyone else. Jeffrey was the one who demonstrated a marked lack of self esteem, not Laura.

Laura was a successful architect before she became a mother. She is probably in her late 30s or early 40s. She, I am sure, could go back to her own field if she so desired and be an architect once again. Her attitude struck me more as confident in her own abilities, someone who wanted everyone to play fair, and someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

And based on some of his spoiled, nasty behavior shown on the show, Jeffrey is a fool of the first order.

Just because you don't personally like her designs is no reason to attack her personally or to make fun of her husband. I don't like Jeffrey one iota. And I hate his designs. But that doesn't mean I'm going to characterize his ugly (to me) clothes or his nastiness toward Angela and her mother to things that I have no knowledge of, like for instance his being a former junkie who must have fallen off the wagon to create such hideous clothes or to cheat like that. I don't have to make personal attacks like that in order to justify why I don't like his stuff.

Laura called it as she saw it. And from what they showed in the episode, Tim Gunn came into the room before she had a chance to even confront Jeffrey about it. Mainly because Jeffrey, suspiciously enough, was loafing elsewhere because he apparently had nothing else to do.

If you like Jeffrey's stuff and want him to win, good for you. I, on the other hand, like Laura's stuff and want her to win. To me, it's all based on the clothes. If it was likeability, then Michael or Uli should win hands down.

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-18-06, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "I agree!"
Some people seem to think it was suspicious that she brought it up to Uli & Michael before doing anything about it, but I'd have done the same thing. She thought it was odd, but I bet if the other two had said, "No, not so much," she'd have shrugged it off. Michael, at least, said there was no way, so she did what she should have done and brought it to Tim.

Why should she have brought it up to Jeffrey first anyway? To give him a chance to come clean? To put him on the defensive? The way she presented it to Tim was not at all outrageous or viscious. "Look, I know this is hard to prove, but it doesn't seem quite right." Now, it's up to TPTB what happens next.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

salmotrutta 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-19-06, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail salmotrutta Click to send private message to salmotrutta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
wow, i wrote a small but straigt forward opinion that didn't have any hidden agendas. apparently you found me out. that was sarcasim in case you were to inept to figure it out. i am not sure where you came up with all these opinions i have. well, in any case, i believe you are a homely mofo, with no real life, and you have to make things up to make yourself feel better. i hope you are having a grand time with your purpose. cheers!!!!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "WARNING - salmotrutta "
Bashing other posters is not permitted on these forums.

Please take a moment to read our community guidelines. There's a link at the top of the page.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
LOL!
Whatever.

It's because I'm so homely, delusional, and lacking in life and self esteem that I learned how to spell and use grammar. What a loser I must be! ROFLMAO!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

10-20-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Let it go"
The moderators were alerted, and we dealt with it. Let it go. This forum is for discussing the show, not keeping flame wars going.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "We shall see...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-06 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

I do think Laura and Jeffrey never hit it off but jealous? I don't see it. They design for two totally different clientelle, and IMHO win, lose, or draw they will both have jobs in the fashion industry. Jeffrey already has a following-if he is tossed he'll be ok.

The receipts may come into play-remember Jeffrey was the last to hand his in, and he was kind of fumbling around with them. Everyone else seemed to have them together and ready to submit.

I am excited about tonight! I wanted to walk past the PR window at Macy's tonight to see if there was anything spoiler-worthy but I had too many errands to run. Oh well. Read on if you want to for sheer speculation, maybe spoiler, I don't know: There was one gold lame dress on the mannequin in the window (the usual winner of the week's spot)about a week and a half ago that didn't look like anything from any of the episodes or from any pics I've seen from Bryant Park. It was strapless (or off one shoulder), and over the knee length and was mostly covered with some white burlap-ish material, like they didn't want you to see the whole thing. I wondered where it came from and who designed it!

Palm Tree 49 desperate attention whore postings

10-18-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: We shall see...."
LAST EDITED ON 10-18-06 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

I also agree it was not about jealosy at all, it was just saying something that was in everyones minds and Laura was the first to say it out in the open.

I do agree each of them has talent, one more than other, but, they design for different kinds of people, so there are still clients for all four of them.

Don't agree on Jeffrey's reations in many episodes, then again, Editing is a big issue for me, so ...there you go!

Now everything is fine, now they seem to be all good people...gee, maybe they are!...oh well then there is Vincent..he really had shown a creepy side all the time, so who knows!

I don't believe any of the final 4 are that bad, like some people see them (the ones that had been critized), we don't really know how they are, we just know what we watch on tv...not fair for them. IMHO

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-20-06, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: sucks when jealousy dictates your behavior"
Here are links to bonus video on Bravo. Jeffrey and Laura talk about the whole thing.

Part 1

Part 2

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •