The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-19-06, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
After watching previous seasons, I think this was the worst. I didn't particularly like any of the designers or their fashions. I lost interest weeks ago, partially because they kept jerking around the TV scheduling but also because of lack of interest. I didn't even really care about the finale show or who would win.
I liked when there were some interesting and funny designers like Jay, Austin, Andre, Santino ...etc. Hopefully next season there will be some memorable designers. I won't remember any of these people. Except maybe Jeffrey as my chosen winner of the "Most Hideous Tattoo" award.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... ginger 10-19-06 1
   RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Snidget 10-19-06 2
       RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Sydney Rain 10-19-06 3
           RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Snidget 10-19-06 6
               RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Sydney Rain 10-19-06 8
       RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... geg6 10-19-06 4
       RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... LisaPles 10-19-06 5
           RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Palm Tree 10-19-06 7
 RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Tahj 10-19-06 9
 RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... toddE 10-19-06 10
   RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... mistyrose52 10-19-06 11
       RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... Sydney Rain 10-19-06 12
           RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... LisaPles 10-19-06 13
               RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... tvgeek401 10-20-06 16
 RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... maryellennaco 10-19-06 14
 RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Sea... anotherkim 10-19-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-19-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
Actually, I liked this season better than last season. I liked the final collections better. I was happier with the winner. We had a little controversy and a sort of nice cross section of experienced designers and neophytes, two of which wound up in the finals.

I think I regret Malan's leaving so early, and having to see so much of Vincent, and it was a little sad to see Michael reveal his inexperience and get his wings clipped a teeny bit, but overall I was fashion satisfied.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I enjoyed this season a lot better as well.

Between last year's Santino's homeless rag creations and Chloe's bridesmaid's from Hades final collection I almost gave up hope.

My love of Tim Gunn brought me back, and I'm glad I did.

It's a tribe creation!

Sydney Rain 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-19-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I only became aware of PR this season, and only caught a couple of re-run clips of the other two seasons. Could they possibly have been better than this? You fashionistas and/or reality addicts out there who've watched it all, what do you think? If the consensus is that this is not the best ever, I gotta see what is!! Are there DVDs out yet?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
From this website http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/releaselist.cfm?ShowID=8693

Both season 1 and season 2 are on DVD.

While I wouldn't be caught dead in most of what Santio did (unless it was Halloween, there were a few I would wear as a costume) his impressions of Tim Gunn are completely hysterical and you really should see them.

10-19-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
Thanks, Snidget -- I'll check them out!!

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
*sits down next to Snidget and Ginger*

Last season's final three were awful. Of course, I detest the winner's stuff from last season almost as much as I do Jeffrey's. But I liked the season and was glad to see at least a couple of good designers make it to Fashion Week. Unlike last year (when Daniel was IMHO the best of the bunch and got nowhere with that).

10-19-06, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
>My love of Tim Gunn brought
>me back...

Yes, my love for Tim as well will bring me back next season! I think he is the best part of the show!

Palm Tree 49 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 01:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-06 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

To me the most honest and fair on each episode or challenges on PR is Tim Gunn, however, I disagree on his kudos for Jeffrey on his Tim's Take blog last last night.

It seems that their views on edge and innovation was more important in this season for the winning designer, and that judges and/or producers wanted Jeffrey to win...they took out all designers that did the more wearable designs first, and kept the one tone designers (beautiful designs btw) Uli and Laura, then they kept the viewers favorite (mine as well) Micheal, who they all deem as a sportwear designer and one that needed to mature, seems clear to me...Jeffrey was given at the last episodes a very touching "editing"...so, oh may....do I see the light now!

Well I am no model, however, I can see more woman wearing what Uli and Laura did ...and the younger ladies wearing Micheals!

Anyway if Madonna wears Jeffreys clothes, so he was going to still be fine! Why not let the others use the price!...and I am sure he won't act with Madonna or any other "Star" like he did with Angela's mon!

Oh about this season being lame, well, I laugh out loud with season 2, this however gave made me upset...not good! I guess I enjoyed all those Santinos antics and their joking around, season 3 was all about drama! If I buy any PR DVD will be season's 2...I rather have a good time laughing than seeing people make others feel miserable, IMO.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-19-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
No, I don't think this season was lame at all. Quite the contrary. Loved the cast and personalities, loved the challenges, loved the clothes, loved the controversy, loved the drama. I couldn't get enough. It had everything a good reality show should have and more. That's why I think PR is the best reality show ever.

Tribe rocked my sig!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-19-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I will say that the final designs this season were better than last season, but not as good as Jay's from season 1. I don't think Jeffrey should have won, but all 4 finalists put out decent collections. I really feel this season Jeffrey won for being Jeffrey and Uli lost for having no personality. So I don't think the conclusion was just. But I watch a lot of reality TV and I can deal with it.

This season wasn't bad, but I do feel it was the weakest of the three seasons. The first season was just excellent from beginning to end, and much like the original Survivor, I don't think another season will ever compare. I still remember lots of designs from the first season, for better and for worse--Food Dresses,Mail Carrier Uniforms, Grammy dress, and my all-time most memorable Tumor Dress By Starr . I remember many of the designers. Season one had the ultimate F3! Plus, even many of the lesser designers were memorable.

I think this season had some of the most competent designers, but I never really rooted for anyone and felt it was a bit dull by comparison.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-19-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I am a die-hard reality fan, but unfortunately, did not have Bravo until the last part of last season. So, I can't say much about the previous seasons, except what I've seen in re-runs.

I have to agree that Jay's and Santino's designs are just 'out there'!! I see nothing innovative or even that creative about someone wearing a gown/dress that looks like toilet paper was wrapped around her with a ribbon stuck on top.

But, in back-tracking, J Lo was wearing something very similar in a Harper's magazine not too long ago. So, go figure! To each their own!!

I have consistently loved Jeffrey-as you all know. Even during the 'Angela's mom' segment. I felt he was set up, and that Angela's mom was a cranky, cry-baby, who was trying to sabotage him so her daughter (the rose-child) could look better. But that's just ME! Maybe Jeffrey and I have way too much in common!!! HA!

Having worked in customer service (as a nurse) for 28 years, I know that the customer is 'usually' right, but I would have taken Jeffrey's stance. He was firm, but gentle, I thought, in suggesting that she try to look 'different', in order to look BETTER!! Didn't work, but who cares? He won, anyway, and I wish I could have seen Angela's fly-catcher open up wide when they announced his name!! THAT, my friends, would have been priceless!!!

ANYway, I personally, LOVED this season, and look forward to the next, but will miss Uli, Michael, Milan, and Jeffrey!!

10-19-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
Angela's mom
>was a cranky, cry-baby, who
>was trying to sabotage him
>so her daughter (the rose-child)
>could look better.

You nailed it! I am no Jeffrey fan, but Angela's whiny sadsack mother made me feel for him. She also explained a few things about Angela. Talk about a co-dependent relationship. Major therapy required there!!

10-19-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I see that most people disagree with me and actually enjoyed this season and I'm glad for you.
I know it should all be about the fashion, but I think what I really missed was the lack of humor this time around. For example Santino and Nick singing the "Daniel Franco, where are you" song and Andre's ridiculous body language. I don't recall anything this season making me laugh. There was more tension than clowning around with this group, but that's life!

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

10-20-06, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I agree with you. This season was lacking the fun of last season, which was my favorite. I don't remember much about the first season except for Jay, Austin, and Kara Saun's shoes. It took me a few minutes to even remember the third designer from S1.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-19-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
"Most Hideous Tatoo"award.... LMAO!!! What the heck was with that neck thing, anyhoo???

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-06, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Does Anyone Else Think This Season Was Lame? "
I think that the level of design and talen has been ratcheted up considerably and since that happened, I can forgive the lack of funny. These people were much more intense and in-your-face and humor didn't really seem to be as big of a plot driver.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--Santino's clothes were beyond horrible to me, so I'm not missing him at all.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •