The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ULI ..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Project Runway Forum (Protected)
Original message

BrokenIdol 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-15-06, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrokenIdol Click to send private message to BrokenIdol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ULI ..."
Am I the only one in the world that would like to see Uli win? It sure seems like it. She is last on all the fan votes and all the polls. Just tell me that there is at least ONE other person that would like to see her win. She is just as talented as the others and she should get more credit.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ULI ... mistyrose52 10-15-06 1
 RE: ULI ... udg 10-16-06 2
 RE: ULI ... reealiteefan 10-16-06 3
 RE: ULI ... EMTBGRL 10-16-06 4
 RE: ULI ... Sydney Rain 10-16-06 5
   RE: ULI ... EMTBGRL 10-16-06 6
 RE: ULI ... Karchita 10-17-06 7
 RE: ULI ... Crownwinner 10-18-06 8
 RE: ULI ... Snidget 10-18-06 9
 RE: ULI ... EMTBGRL 10-19-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-15-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ULI ..."
Sorry.......I can't help you out here. She's just too........yawn........boring for my taste. Evidentally, I'm not alone.

But maybe you'll get more positive responses.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

10-16-06, 01:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: ULI ..."
Well, she's *my* favorite. In fact, she's the reason I watched this season. I love what she does, and I hope she wins.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

reealiteefan 103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-16-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail reealiteefan Click to send private message to reealiteefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: ULI ..."
Nope, I'm not an Uli fan.

If you'll notice all season long she's done nothing but these floaty dresses, halter necks, or off-the-shoulder numbers with a frog clasp. Boring. And, to quote Tim Gun, "a one-note."

Can she do pants, can she do skirts? Can she ever work in solids? A top designer needs versatility and Uli just doesn't show it.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-16-06, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: ULI ..."
She is last on
>all the fan votes and
>all the polls.

She's not last on my list to win. She's not "first" either, though. Her execution is good. Her designs definitely show an "Uli" signature, which could be a strength-- if they didn't all look so similar. If she could design and sew some varieties that also reminded us of "Uli?" She would go further up my list. I have seen talent in Uli, which is why I am most disappointed by her. Robert was Auf'd for being boring. -- I think he was less boring than Uli.

Sorry.

Sydney Rain 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-16-06, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sydney%20Rain Click to send private message to Sydney%20Rain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: ULI ..."
You are definitely not alone! I'd LOVE to see Uli win. Even more after last week with Tim's visits to their homes -- the best episode ever! So revealing! Michael's warm, supportive, religious family (no big surprise), Jeffrey's gross scuzzy girlfriend (no surprise either), Laura's day-care center with turtle poop (hysterical, and how she copes I don't know and remain in total awe) -- but then to hear that Uli grew up in the repressive hell of East Germany dreaming of Florida and actually made it -- ? You go, girl! I'm a writer, don't watch much TV and know nothing about fashion, but I got hooked on this show over the summer because I've just loved watching the creative process. What a tour de force! Bravo, all I can say is BRAVO!!

10-16-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: ULI ..."
then to hear that Uli grew up
>in the repressive hell of
>East Germany dreaming of Florida
>and actually made it --
>? You go, girl!

I will give you this: Uli's life story definitely wasn't boring! I agree, if it was about life stories? I would hand her the prize on a silver platter myself! I was awestruck and moved by her story, too. I was also proud to hear that her impression of the USA was where dreams come true.

Now, if that interesting side to Uli would just show up in her designs...maybe that's where all the "floaty fabric" comes in? I dunno. That dichotomy would be a part of Uli I would have loved to see in the design competition, and not at the end as a "life story." If she had managed that? She might have been my favorite.

i still think diversity in design is important. I don't get that from Uli.

Karchita 4469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-17-06, 03:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: ULI ..."
I'd like to see her win. I kinda like her style, although I can see that they have been repetitive. To win, she would have to do more. I like her as a person and the other contestants seem to as well.

Crownwinner 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-18-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Crownwinner Click to send private message to Crownwinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: ULI ..."
I love ULI!!! I absolutely loved the last dress she created and won with to go to fashion week. She's been consistant each week with wonderful fashions. I love her vibrant colors she uses, just beautiful! Her clothes are beautiful, yet look comfortable to wear.

I think with all the controversy they will award the prize to Jeffrey.

He's my least favorite fashion designer of the bunch.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-18-06, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: ULI ..."
I'd like to see her win.

Actualy I'm a bit shocked that I could be happy with any of the final four winning. Usually there is at least one person that I think shouldn't even be in the finals, much less win. This time I actually think all of the final four could deserve the win and I could see any of them winning depending on how the collection works on the runway with the models.

It's a tribe creation!

10-19-06, 10:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: ULI ..."
I was pleasantly surprised that Uli was creative and innovative at Bryant Park, yet everything she designed and made was something I believe that Uli would buy and wear herself. I also believe that what Uli made would be recognizeable as an "Uli."

I said in this thread I thought Uli was a one-note, and disappointing. Although I do stick with that assessment for the majority of the show? I think Uli really put her ALL into her collection at Bryant Park.

I would have been happy with Uli winning after seeing her collection, and envisioning what she might make as a line.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •