The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BOR"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

stankgirl 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-18-06, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"BOR"
When was the last BOR? It seems like it has been a long time. Maybe because of the holiday reruns but they need one soon to get rid of Lisa1.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: BOR VictoriaB 01-18-06 1
   RE: BOR jennifer_lee2005 01-18-06 2
   RE: BOR crazygroupiegirl 01-18-06 3
       RE: BOR jennifer_lee2005 01-18-06 4
           RE: BOR Skatenjammer 01-18-06 6
 RE: BOR Pixeltalk 01-18-06 5
   RE: BOR OklaBlue 01-26-06 17
 RE: BOR Kattrikk 01-19-06 7
 RE: BOR SimplySusi 01-24-06 8
   RE: BOR VictoriaB 01-24-06 9
 RE: BOR crazygroupiegirl 01-24-06 10
   RE: BOR 2Centz 01-24-06 11
       RE: BOR jeana28 01-24-06 12
           RE: BOR Baxtera 01-25-06 13
               RE: BOR Dayum Yankee 01-25-06 14
                   RE: BOR lovemydogdude 01-26-06 15
                       RE: BOR VictoriaB 01-26-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-06, 08:59 AM (EST)
1. "RE: BOR"
Your right, they don't seem to have BOR as much as they have in the past. How often was TJ reviewed before she graduated? Once, I think. Each of the others has only been reviewed once too, if I recall correctly. Has Christina been reviewed at all?

Come to think of it, they haven't shown many of the 3-way conferences between the LCs and Dr. Stan. I always thought these were intersting, but either they haven't had them much this year, or we just haven't seen them.

jennifer_lee2005 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-18-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
2. "RE: BOR"
I am beginning to wonder if there aren't new producers or something this season. The last two seasons were enjoyable to watch. You could also find someone to connect with. This season is too different of a format and quite honestly, not enjoyable at all. No one is held accountable for their actions or for anything for that matter. BOR is few and far between. I thought you were supposed to have 2-3 BOR's before you graduate? I don't know. This season is so messed up I don't even know what to expect anymore.

Remember - respect is a two-way street and not a one-way. Also, respect is earned, it isn't a given.

crazygroupiegirl 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-18-06, 04:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: BOR"
Christina was reviewed. She received a C and allison calmed her down. There should be another BOR soon. I think there will be an emergency one to get rid of Lisa #1. I'm sorry, but she has got to go. THey did the same thing with Summer last season. THey held on to her forever and then let her go.

jennifer_lee2005 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-18-06, 04:47 PM (EST)
4. "RE: BOR"
Yeah that is true groupie, but at least Sommer had likeable qualities to her. I hated to see her go, but I understand why they did. I am hoping for an emergency BOR soon so this psycho can be cut loose (hopefully to the loony bin) and we can get someone else on there who is SERIOUS about changing their life.

I guess that is what is so upsetting to me. You know there are women out there who sent in tapes and went to auditions and who would give anything to be able to get on the show and get help to organize their life and get back on track. But instead the show allows this loser to get on there and waste everyone's time. It is sad really for the women who truly need the help and don't get it because Lisa1's parents paid off the producers to let "their little girl" be on tv.

Remember - respect is a two-way street and not a one-way. Also, respect is earned, it isn't a given.

Skatenjammer 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-18-06, 05:41 PM (EST)
6. "RE: BOR"
I hear ya'...

Maybe that's why they're putting up with so much from her. So it doesn't look like they made a mistake by choosing her over someone else.

She needs to go. She is a discredit to the show and to the integrity of the other women int he house.

Pixeltalk 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-18-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
5. "RE: BOR"
I agree. The other thing I've noticed is that they don't make a big deal out of people getting steps, either. They used to do it during groups; they would put up the plasma screen and show the steps and they would have one more that was a different color. Now, a woman will graduate and they haven't even given her all of her steps!

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-26-06, 11:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: BOR"
You're right. But maybe they are doing it and not showing it on the air. Eliminates accountability too. They spend more time on the dramatic "exercises"...like all day with Lisa2 getting ordered around.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-19-06, 03:32 AM (EST)
7. "RE: BOR"
I agree they need a BOR to get rid of Lisa. Instead, we will have to endure some ridiculous assignment designed by Rhonda to help Lisa see the light. Then Lisa will tell the Rhonda (and the viewers in confessional) that she finally understands, and the next day it starts all over again. Hasn't this scenario played out enough already? Geeez..

Lisa Be Gone and take Rhonda with you!

SimplySusi 30 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 07:12 AM (EST)
8. "RE: BOR"
Seems to me that they've all but abandoned the board of review. It used to have great meaning to the house in prior seasons, but what they have allowed Lisa1 to get away with this season has completely blown the integrity and meaning of the BOR. Clearly nobody is taking much of anything seriously this season...so sad.

01-24-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: BOR"
I would think you'd have to get at least ONE "A" (if not two) in BOR before being eligible to graduate. How can you go from a "C" (or even a "D" in Lisa1's case) to any hope of graduation? I'm really confused by SO this year.....

crazygroupiegirl 46 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 05:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: BOR"
There should defintiely be one soon especially with all the newbies in the house. They haven't been showing much with Jill lately (the will tomorrow according to the previews). Does she have any steps?

2Centz 150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: BOR"
They haven't been doing steps practically at all. People jst come on the show, d!ck around for a while and then, out of the clear blue sky, are graduated without having actually accomplished anything.

Allison was even more of a whiny, conniving freeloader when she finally (finally!) left;
Lisa continues to take advantage of Rhonda's generosity;
Christina is slightly better than she was when she came, but aside from the GED, hasn't really formulated a plan to shape her new life.

TJ and Jessica learned a lot.

Still, I remember people earning their steps with more frequency in past seasons. It seems like the LCs are just forgetting to do it.

jeana28 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-24-06, 10:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: BOR"
I agree. Last two seasons, it was interesting to watch BOR, you could almost tell what grade the person is going to get, just by watching them progress. If Lisa was on first season, well she wouldnt be on very long. It would be Shape up or ship out. What happened to the rules? the integrity? the whole season has been a total joke. Nobody does anything, they all sit around, *%^$% about each other. Im surprised Rhonda's patience has lasted this long with Lisa. Lisa gives so much lip service. She only tells you what you want to hear..Something tells me shes had therapy before and she knows how to work the system. her "AHA" moments only last so long then its back to " UH UH" moments as soon as the life coaches are out of sight. There are moments, like when she was comforting Christine on the couch. that seemed pretty sweet. I guess Lisa is just not the kind of person I would even want to spend any time with. She would get on my nerves.
This is become more like Real World than anything.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-25-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
13. "RE: BOR"
I think they stopped the BOR because they really have stopped having achievable steps. They aren't clearly definable so you can point to it and say today I finished number 1. It's one of the issues I have with these coaches is everything depends on their feelings and ideas not the instigation of the HG to work on the goals. It would make sense that the HG would have input on activities towards reaching their goals and have input on planning the process to reach those goals. Instead the process is happening to them not with them. That's why I think so often you see them not getting it.

I think the HG need to have achievable real goals. Not living large, or being authentic, but a true goal. Secondly they should be part of the process of how to achieve those goals not just the gimmicks the LC's provide. It should be a partnership with the LC's providing some exercises and the HG also proposing things they need to do to accomplish their goals.

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-25-06, 12:50 PM (EST)
14. "RE: BOR"
Board Reviews?? The last four hgs that have come on the show haven't heard one single iota about any board review. The only two that know anything about them is Lisa1 and Jill. Someone must have realized that they don't work. Too bad too, I enjoyed watching them.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 02:14 AM (EST)
15. "RE: BOR"
It's too early to do BOR on the newbyz IMO..but it won't be long. (Hopefully Jill won't be there by the time they do Kims!) In the past though didn't each HG at least get 2 BORs before graduation?

01-26-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
16. "RE: BOR"
In the past, the BORs have provided many of the women with a valuable wake-up call, especially the women who thought it was okay to coast and treat the SO house like a vacation getaway.

This season it's different. They had the first BOR and gave the entire house a "C", then told all the HGs two "C"s in a row and they were OUT. At the next BOR, they gave Lisa1 a "D" and allowed her to stay which pretty much rendered the entire BOR process useless.

Better not to have BORs at all, then make them a joke. Maybe they realized this which is why we haven't seen many this season. Too bad.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •