The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

savannah_allen83 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-25-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
The new houseguests always make me so mad when they be like, "What did I sign up for," "What did I get myself into,"

I'm like were you women picked to be on the show without knowing what the show is all about? I don't think so. If you watched the show than you would know the life coaches would be rough especially when they feel you holding something back. I guess all these ladies think they'll control their feelings and control what they tell and they won't be caught in holding something back, just smile and tell a little here and there.

Do you all notice that?

I been watching the show since it started and even I know if I go on there their going to try to dig things out of me and make me tell things I would of never thought and I know they'll make me cry. This is a TV show the life coaches love drama and need ratings, and know all ladies got secrets. The slogan in the house is, you think your going in for one thing and find your working on other things. So why are these women in such shock and say what did I sign up for their first day when the life coaches make them tell the WHOLE truth. I guess they thought they could pull something over the life coaches eyes.

Do you have to tell all the secrets of your life?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... eire_heart74 01-25-06 1
   RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... Baxtera 01-25-06 2
   RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... Little Blimp 01-25-06 3
   were they on these boards? mimibunny 01-25-06 5
       RE: were they on these boards? Little Blimp 01-25-06 8
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... lovemydogdude 01-25-06 4
   RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... Little Blimp 01-25-06 9
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... Ijustsharted 01-25-06 6
   RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... lovemydogdude 01-26-06 10
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... lady1226 01-25-06 7
   RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... savannah_allen83 01-26-06 11
       less shockers now mimibunny 01-26-06 12
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... Rai 01-26-06 13
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... kristikares 01-26-06 14
 RE: Why are the new houseguests alw... OklaBlue 01-26-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-25-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
I have to agree with ya there. New HG Jodi is a trip. Everything in her life is just dandy when she first tells it.

If anyone has ever been in therapy, you know that you will be asked some very tough questions. Questions that make you feel like you have defend your choices. They aren't judging you for what you did, they just want to get down to the heart of the matter of why you did what you did.

I think many women that go on this show, this is first time that they aren't allowed to play the poor me victim role. They won't be cuddled through their story. They will be challenged for it! I say go for it. Start stripping away that muck and get down to it.

I think if we were sitting where they are, we would probably be just as scared and confused.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-25-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
It's because they pick the ones who really don't get what they're getting into. Lately they've picked ones with no real goals but these universe type goals.

How do you know when you've connected? I think that's why they've stopped the BOR because it's really hard to judge these goals that don't really have any hard evidence to prove you've achieved them.

It's easy to see if someone's gotten a job, is able to be independent, has passed the GED, found a new career path, etc. Lately the goals of finding self, living large it's really hard to define achievement for those goals.

I think they've picked guests for their shock value but not necessarily the ones they are actually able to help.

Little Blimp 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-25-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
I've been in therapy and if the therapist acted like Iguana and Rhonda, I would get up and walk out. I have NEVER been mocked or made to feel attacked by a licensed therapist. Therapists pull it out of you little by little, not in your first meeting in front of a bunch of strangers.

Which brings me back to my original question - why go on a show like this? Go see a Life Coach on your own or go to a therapist. Forget Starting Over and airing your dirty laundry for everyone to see.

These woman must be masochists to put themselves through this abuse.

mimibunny 230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-25-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
5. "were they on these boards?"
I always wonder if the women were on the boards that SO had from day one. I felt like I got to know a lot of peope then, it would seem logical that they were posters.. also I wonder if the people on the show read these, I would!!

01-25-06, 05:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: were they on these boards?"
OMG, I wouldn't be able to read the boards if I had been on SO. Someone like TJ might be surprised to see all the support she got, but others would probably fall apart.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-25-06, 04:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
Yes but it seems they are getting more and more cruel during their stories. I think also there would be a shock factor that hit once you were there.

01-25-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
I think the cruelest I saw them be was when Lisa 2 told her story and Iguana fell off her chair. They weren't as bad with Jodi.

Ijustsharted 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-25-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""

I dont know why. It's kinda like when cops say in movies:
I'm getting to old for this sh!t.
They just say it.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
LMAO IJS

lady1226 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-06, 05:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
I absolutely love this show. If I am not hoem I tape it everyday. But here is the problem, I can't seem to attach to the women this year or their stories. I was much more engaged with last year's women. The only one I cared about this year other than Allison was Jessica. She truly came for help. The other women are a joke. Lisa (at 40) should have been thrown out long ago. I saw no real change in TJ or Christina. Please Starting Over give us women we can care about.

savannah_allen83 3 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 03:17 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
I don't see a real change in Jill either and in any of the ladies. The exercises seem mediocre if you ask me. Jill and Lisa ain't getting it in my opinion. The life experience of some of these women ain't gonna cure them in two months, I haven't been through half of what some of these women went through yet I'll be in therapy for years.

mimibunny 230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-26-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
12. "less shockers now"
The women now seem more normal, they have less shocking stories or we still dont know much about them... I think it would be wierd to have a camera in your face all the time.. Jackson kept looking at it, I would too! IV is always checking where the camera is, have you all noticed that? She is very aware of it.. Jill has lost a lot of weight, if she had a 40 pound tumor removed she would look awesome! I think they havent focused on her because she is normal, therefore boring to tv land. I like her. Shell be the next to graduate...

Rai 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-26-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
Hi Savana -allen83,
Oh I'm sure some of the house guest don't reveal "everthing" in their lives! I think the ones that do tell all their business either get caught off guard, or are deeply troubled and honestly looking for help!
I think some of these women don't believe that once they've signed the contract, to be on the show, that all of their "whole lifes issuses" are open for discustion! That's why I think the normal individual would never go on one of these types of shows!
Have a great day!
Rai

kristikares 1 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
Don't you think that maybe it's because you watch and know what you're signing up for but once you're in the situation it's way more intense than you anticipated? It's like knowing someone is terminally ill. You think you're prepared for them passing but when it really happens, you realize you we're prepared at all and it was harder than you thought.

Just my two cents.

>The new houseguests always make me
>so mad when they be
>like, "What did I sign
>up for," "What did I
>get myself into,"
>

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-26-06, 10:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Why are the new houseguests always saying "Why Did I Sign Up For?""
They sign away all their rights. And probably like Lisa2 don't think they can say "no".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •