The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Mercy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chana 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-31-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Mercy"
I love the starting over house. I feel you can take what you want and leave the rest. I have always enjoyed hearing Iyanla speak. One thing that I learned from the show was, "are you honoring yourself." I love it. It hits deeper than, "are you taking care of yourself." And it is true, if you don't take care of yourself you have little to give others. Self care is different than selfishness. I love that she does not just use talk theraphy. The mind can lie to us. The body knows the truth. I believe they are trying to make a body/mind/spirit connection. Iyanla I thank God that you are working to help others.

I have a Master's in Holistic Counseling (body/mind/spirit) and a CAGS in Expressive Arts Therapy.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Mercy Jerdle 12-31-05 1
 RE: Mercy lovelucila 01-04-06 2
   RE: Mercy chicola 01-07-06 3
       RE: Mercy teacherst 01-19-06 4
           RE: Mercy Baxtera 01-19-06 5
               RE: Mercy dopeydwarf 01-19-06 6
                   RE: Mercy teacherst 01-23-06 7
                       RE: Mercy Baxtera 01-24-06 8
   RE: Mercy Twinkles 01-24-06 9
       RE: Mercy Baxtera 01-24-06 10
           RE: Mercy VictoriaB 01-24-06 11
               RE: Mercy teacherst 01-26-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Jerdle 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-31-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Mercy"
Chana,

Thanks for positively acknowledging Iyanla, the show and the process. Your post was very refreshing to read. I am so moved by many of the things the lifecoaches say. I either relate or don't to the houseguests but they are not the reason I watch the show. I tune in every day to listen to the words of encouragement that the lifecoaches speak. If you truly listen to their words and not get distracted by the nonsense of the houseguests' behavior(which, granted, is very hard with the editing this season) then I think you can truly take away something positive from each and every show. It's nice to see that the show is still looked at by some as a good thing.

lovelucila 55 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-04-06, 01:31 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Mercy"
I know I love the way iyanla speaks

chicola 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-07-06, 08:24 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Mercy"
Iyanla is not for everyone,however I would take her as my life coach. Last season I found she had some amazing results with her clients. In particular Jennifer. I love the way she spoke to her in the beginning telling her she had her back and would not let her fall...

teacherst 54 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-06, 01:42 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Mercy"
I would LOVE to have either Rhonda or Iyanla coach me. I know I could soar!

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-19-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Mercy"
Thanks but I wouldn't want to be boxed or caged and I'm not into swamp water.

I think if you happen to be one of their favorites you can do well with them but if you don't click with them you will wish you never heard of SO. TJ definitly is one who was abused by the system.

Sadly Allison got lots of things from SO but really didn't get the tough love she needed to SO for IV. I wonder how long it will be before she's in debt up to her ears again.

I wish they'd choose guests that had more central issues to the audience members and issues that they could really deal with without cages, boxes, and torture in general.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-19-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Mercy"

You go, Baxtera!!!! I hate the way the LC's excuse behavior of their pets, (like Lisa's cussing at everyone for weeks now--she should've been gone a long time ago., allison's crap, etc.)
I think a competent Life Coach would not play favorites. They need to work on that.
Hey, maybe there is a SO house for Life coaches!!!

by the way, I have a degree in Math & Master's in nothing. But
I can still think and reason human fairness w/o the paper.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

01-23-06, 09:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Mercy"
I thought it was very clever of Iyanla to indite Jill with conspiracy to live an unfullfilled life. i took have problems with self-sabotage and cutting corners. thats why i identify with jill so much.

01-24-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Mercy"
Jill is the only one who really got the kind of help that used to be offered to all the HG in starting over this season. I liked the fact she got to talk to experts about diet and exercise. I really did like the people she spoke with about forgivenss and letting go and thought that the lessons she got spoke to a general audience not just Jill.

As for the swamp water, the cage, the box it seems to Fear Factor for me. I'd like to see them focus on issues more women can relate to (Sorry I don't know too many 40 year old women living off their parents) and have exercises that people would actual do at home (I don't see myself climbing into slimy water or living in a box.)

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-24-06, 01:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Mercy"
Her speaking voice and personal power was the reason I tuned into the show. I had previously seen her on Oprah and found her inspiring. Then I was flipping stations, didn't know what the heck this show was with these women on a sofa was but I did see Iyanla so I started to watch.

01-24-06, 02:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Mercy"
I think there's a big difference between being a motivational speaker and being a LC. I'm sure she can work a crowd and get people excited to read her books and inspire them to think higher but a LC has to have stamina to work through the grunt work every day. IV just doesn't seem to have the patience and the desire to do it and she tends to resort to gimmicks and mumbo jumbo to do it. She should stick to what she's good at with the inspirational speeches and books. She did no good for Allison and Christina.

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Mercy"
My sister and I have learned an amazing amount from the LCs about healing our past and living better lives. Sometimes the LCs have reduced me to tears because I've identified so closely with some of the issues they've worked on with the women.

Even this season, as bizzare as it's been sometimes, some things have struck a chord with me and taught me something about myself.

I know this season has been frustrating to many of us, but I still think it's a valuable show.

01-26-06, 10:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Mercy"
Why has the show been soo frustrating? I loved the Lisa2 excercise with the cloths and her wearing that funny outfit. i love the wise things Iyanla saids.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •