The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm sick of the "Speak to the Universe" Crap"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

RJS 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-05, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm sick of the "Speak to the Universe" Crap"
IMO, SO has REALLY gone downhill this season. The exercises, for the most part, seem trivial and impractical. I remember the first season -- it was real people working on real problems with tangible exercises.

I'm really sick of hearing the "Speak to the Universe" crap. I just heard Allison repeat it. How is "speaking to the universe" going to help her spend less and stay within a budget?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm sick of the "Speak to the U... KingOfPeace 12-05-05 1
   RE: I'm sick of the "Speak to the U... andreajesus10 12-05-05 2
       RE: I'm sick of the "Speak to the U... catgirlmn 12-05-05 3
 Quit with the Guest Gurus Zhenya32 12-05-05 4
   RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus andreajesus10 12-05-05 5
       RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus Baxtera 12-06-05 6
       RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus Erica 12-06-05 7
           RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus Baxtera 12-06-05 8
               RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus Erica 12-06-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KingOfPeace 1 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
1. "RE: I'm sick of the "Speak to the Universe" Crap"
In a similar vein, we are somewhat 'disturbed' by the repeated sending of the mates to these Eastern philosophy offshoots for further counselling. It seemed that the LC's and Dr. Stan have been in agreement as to methods of counselling. We do a lot of counselling and deliverance ministry. For a while it seemed that their approach had mirrored ours, except for actual head-on confrontation with demonic influences. Now, it appears that the whole process of healing is slowwwwing down, and the LC's are resorting to these psycho-babbling Eastern mysticism/westernized
gurus for help in solving the mates problems. We love IV the best, and her gutsy approach, direct and spiritual has seemed to have had the most impact on several of the mates. So, why all the buddahs and crap???

andreajesus10 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-05-05, 04:36 PM (EST)
2. "RE: I'm sick of the "Speak to the Universe" Crap"
Yeah, but it's not like that we haven't seen Iyanla do these kind of things before. She was doin' them a LOT last year with EVERYBODY--on the old SO board, I was always sayin that a lot of her stuff was too "New Agey" for me. And not just her--remember they had all the HGs last season doin that African dancin stuff? Heaven forbid what kind of demons was comin in from that!

catgirlmn 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-05-05, 05:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: I'm sick of the "Speak to the Universe" Crap"
What I can't stand is how Iyanla, last season too, acts like cancer is caused by being negative or a bad person.

COME ON!!!! There is this thing called medical science that would disagree.

Zhenya32 61 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-05-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
4. "Quit with the Guest Gurus"
I am also sick of this "enlightenment" business. Nice to have gone to see the Reverend who has a statue of Buddha sitting up on the shelf beside him.

I am not bashing Buddhists - I just wish they would leave the whole spiritual thing out of it because Iyanla doesn't need to convert people to believe in "the universe" at the same time she is helping them.

Plus, it is boring. I fast forwarded through the whole blah blah blah of the reverends talking to Jill. As if we don't get enough of that crap from Iyanla!

Boring Boring Boring Boring!

This is not the reason we tune in to Starting Over.

andreajesus10 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-05-05, 09:56 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus"
Listen, I'm all for the body-mind-spirit connection, but IV, at least make sure it's the RIGHT spiritual connection, not any of this Agape (New Thought) Fellowship or "Universe" stuff; God can help anybody with ANYTHING--including getting out of debt (I can speak from $30,000 worth of experience on that one!). But Universe got nothin to do with nothing; God is the REAL deal!

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-06-05, 10:29 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus"
Actually I didn't have any problem with Jill's visit. I thought they communciated any defined items like fear far more clearly than IV. Half the time when you look at the HG listening to her talk they are shaking their heads and mouthing the words like good robots but I don't think they have a clue what she's talking about. Sometimes she needs to use words that have practical applicable meanings that they can grasp and use in their lives. When your angry there's nothing wrong with a good old fashioned cry out in the wilderness to just let go of your rage. When your in debt up to your ears and the creditors are calling Visa doesn't accept the Universe as payment. While I believe prayers are helpful I was also taught God helps those who help themselves. Ms. Allsion needs to do more than cry to the universe she needs to stop spending more than she earns.

One of my disappointments with the IV is that she is low on the practical scale and big on the vision. I believe in having a big goal for your life and I think it can get you through tough times when you have to do work that isn't what you dreamed of etc. However, a vision doesn't put food on your plate or a roof over your head. Many of these guests have left with visions and no tools for finding work to help them get there. Josie should have had pareneting classes and practical training for a real job she could have landed. Christina needs to get her GED and a job to support her son. What are the odds IV will have her crying to the universe and she'll land back on the pole.

Erica 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 11:53 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus"
In your opinion. Others believe in Budha,etc. Who's to say what the "right" spiritual connection is for anyone other than themselves?

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-06-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus"
My issue is exactly that is that IV forces her spirtual path on others. Scream to the universe works for her what if it isn't right for the people she's coaching? She needs to meet them where they are at and use the tools that are appropriate for them. I actually thought the place Jill went did work for her. I do find IV's exercises do seem to go over the head of the HG's and they kind of ho hum until she's done. That tells me she needs to find a better way to reach them.

Erica 6 desperate attention whore postings

12-06-05, 12:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Quit with the Guest Gurus"
Oops, I meant to reply to andreajesus10, not you baxtera. I actually agree with what you say above. Screaming to the universe wouldn't work for me and neither would going to a more traditional church. Fortunately, Jill seemed to get a lot out of that place. I have to admit I wouldn't mind having a chat with those reverends. They seemed to have a lot of insight without being "preachy".

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •