The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who's Most Powerful"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

thankful 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-05-05, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who's Most Powerful"
Today I feel that Dr. Katz missed a great opportunity to praise Lisa for being the most powerful woman in the group. Now, there have been times when Lisa has driven me absolutely nuts with her whinning. But today her honesty displayed true strength. It was amazing to hear the other housemates talk about their "power" in one segment and in another segment discussing the very things that make them "not" powerful.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who's Most Powerful Dayum Yankee 12-05-05 1
 RE: Who's Most Powerful RhondaRocks 12-05-05 2
   RE: Who's Most Powerful Angelbaby3782 12-06-05 3
       RE: Who's Most Powerful LisaA 12-06-05 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-05-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Who's Most Powerful"
Yes I'll give her a point for being honest but I wouldn't use the word powerful to describe her.........more like master manipulator. The woman does nothing for herself but manages to get everyone else to take care of her and her needs be it her mom and dad or her housemates. I'm still waiting for her to get a real wakeup call. I think she has a real chance but I haven't seen her want it enough or willing to do the work connected with it until she was on probation and had to live in the guestroom. Now that she's out of the guestroom, she's going backwards all over again. She's just not ready to change.

RhondaRocks 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-05-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Who's Most Powerful"
It was so funny when Dr. Katz asked this question to the ladies. I laughed as what Christina gave as her answer. I'm glad Lisa was honest to say in her confessional that if they were all powerful, why the hell are they in Starting Over house.

JMO.

Angelbaby3782 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

12-06-05, 00:10 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Who's Most Powerful"
i think they are all powerful in very different ways. i think alison is most powerful in influencing the women, they all want her praise or acceptance, or whatever. i think they give tj alot of power in the sense that they everything she says or does affect them, for example, christina gives tj alot of power over her because she lets her annoy her, if she ignored her, tj would have no power. christina is powerful in that she is manipulative and can survive, even if it is by dishonorly means. jill is powerful just being jill. she has her opinions and speaks her mind, i think of all the women, she knows more than the other who she is as a woman. i dont really see lisa or jessica as powerful women, but i think lisa could be if she knew who she was or what she wanted. i think her backbone assignment failed because on more than one accasion since shes mentioned just marrying a billionaire and having him take care of her. i think the whole issue could have been addressed more.

LisaA 31 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-06-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Who's Most Powerful"
I think that honest comment of Lisa's, that she isn't powerful, was the first time I've seen her strength shine through.

Lisa could go get a man and live that way. I have two thoughts about that: One is, it might be selling out. She can do better, she can live alone for a while and find out who she is.

The second thought is, hey. I am a homemaker and I can go get a job but that won't make me an independent woman. I depend on my husband's salary and if he had an expensive illness and died, I'd be up sh__ creek so fast. I have skills and I'm afraid and hesitant like Lisa is, to strike out.

She could find herself an absolutely fabulous marriage where her skills are naturally put to use. First she has to clear up some of her baggage and really feel her strength.

Being an independent woman means having a plan and following it through. It doesn't matter if you're married or not. So, I need to let go of outcome, where it comes to my silly, TV-induced expectatons for Lisa.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •