The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-28-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-05 AT 08:38 PM (EST)

These are all actual questions that have been in my inbox the past week. If you'd like for a question to be addressed in an upcoming Moderator Mailbag, please email or PM me - DO NOT POST IT ON THIS THREAD. I will not promise to respond to questions posted in this thread.

I'm also including links to some other useful threads:

Community Guidelines
A Word From a Moderator
From the Moderator Mailbag

Q: Are game threads permitted here?

A: Yup! If you want to post something funny that popped into your head based on the show, by all means do so. If you look at some of our other forums, you’ll see that there are plenty of games that take place quite regularly on these forums.

Q: How are people sending me emails and PMs attacking me for comments made on this site?

A: The email and PM icons are on the top right-hand corner of every post in unlocked threads, and other posters can use them to send emails and PMs through the site. No one has access to your email address unless you provide it to them – the messages are sent through survivorblows.com. Emails and PMs are subject to the same guidelines as message forum posts. If someone sends you an email or PM that violates the guidelines, then please forward a copy to the moderators so that we can address this. Abuse of the email or PM system has led to bannings in the past – we take that sort of abuse quite seriously.

Q: I had to create a new ID because my other one gave me an inactive user ID error. Could you please fix it so that I can log in?

A: In almost all cases, the reason that you’ve gotten this error is because you’ve been banned for guidelines violations. So, no. Oh, and don’t get attached to the new ID that you created to email in the question, because that one’s going to be deactivated too.

Q: I know I did some things I shouldn’t have, but I’ll be really really good from now on. Will you please reactivate my ID?

A: No.You had your chance to follow the guidelines. Besides, we don’t believe you that you’ve reformed. After all, one of the easiest ways to identify duplicate IDs is to look at who’s violating the guidelines. Typically, the folks who got banned and try to sneak back in fall back into the same behavior way too quickly.

Edited to clarify: I've gotten asked about how a poster can prove they've reformed so that he or she can come back. You can't. Once you're gone, you're gone. Go violate the guidelines on someone else's message forum - you wore out your welcome here.

Q: Why do you make such a big deal about duplicate threads? I don’t have time to read through what everyone else is saying.

A: Because of attitudes like yours. Sorry to burst your bubble, but your time is no more valuable than the time of the other posters on these forums. By making comments like that, you’re implying that people should be paying attention to your comments, but you’re dismissing the comments and existing discussions as if they are unworthy of anyone’s attention. If all you want is to post your comments and read the responses to your comments, I’d suggest starting a blog (www.blogger.com is an easy-to-use site). But if you’re going to post here, you’re going to follow the rules, out of courtesy to your fellow posters.

Q: Why do you permit bashing of contestants? Is it because it’s too hard to moderate or because you actually encourage it around here?

A: Tour around the site and see if you can figure out the answer. The names of the associated web sites in the top right-hand corner of the screen are a big hint.

Q: Why are you so mean?

A: Because even though many posters are making honest efforts to comply with the community guidelines, there are some incredibly rude and ungrateful posters on these forums.

Folks, the man who created the RTVW forums didn’t do it because it was his job, or because someone paid him to do it. He did it because he wanted to have a place to discuss reality television. Even though you see some ads on the site, for many years, he was putting his own money into this site so that folks would have a place to play. There are a number of long-time posters here who have made a similar commitment to this place, either volunteering their time and /or donating their money to defray some of those costs. All the webmaster asked for in return was adherence to a few basic rules. While most posters are willing to follow these rules, some posters have been extremely disrespectful of his efforts and feel like it’s their place to tear down what he’s put together and tear down the people who post here. That is extremely rude.

Just because BMP decided to divert people to this site, that doesn’t change what the intent of this site is and will not change its identity. There are over 70 forums discussing a variety of shows here, and the posters in each and every one of those forums are expected to follow the same rules. SO is not the center of the RTVW universe, and it never will be. Since the webmaster is the one paying the bills, he’s the one who defines what he wants this place to be, not you. If you want to play in his playground, you play by his rules. Simple enough.

So if I’m a bitch, it’s because I think certain posters should get off their high horses and show some gratitude for his efforts by respecting the rules of the forum. If you don’t want to follow them, then do all of us a favor and just go away. There are plenty of other places on the Internet to discuss reality television. Stop wasting everybody’s time if you don’t really want to be here. And even you really want to be here, show it by following the rules.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag dabo 11-29-05 1
   RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag smokin 11-29-05 2
       RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag EnfanTerrible 11-30-05 4
           RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag Dayum Yankee 12-04-05 9
 Post in the correct forum, please Bebo 11-30-05 3
   Bump Cygnus X1 12-01-05 5
 Please remember... Bebo 12-03-05 6
   RE: Please remember... truthhurtshuh2001 12-03-05 7
       RE: Please remember... Cygnus X1 12-03-05 8
 Bump-de-bump-bump mysticwolf 12-04-05 10
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag tvgal 12-05-05 11
   RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag Loohoo43 01-15-06 28
 Bumpidty Bump universityofkentuckyrocks 12-07-05 12
 bump Snidget 12-08-05 13
 Bumpity Bump Bump Snidget 12-11-05 14
 Bumpidity Bump universityofkentuckyrocks 12-12-05 15
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag jmama 12-13-05 16
 Bump Cygnus X1 12-15-05 17
   RE: Bump Cygnus X1 12-16-05 18
       RE: Bump sharnina 01-27-06 37
 Bump mysticwolf 12-17-05 19
 Bumping Cygnus X1 12-20-05 20
   RE: Bumping OklaBlue 01-26-06 36
 da-bump Snidget 12-21-05 21
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag dragonflies 12-22-05 22
 bump Snidget 12-25-05 23
   RE: bump Snidget 12-29-05 24
 bump Cygnus X1 01-02-06 25
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag Bebo 01-04-06 26
 Bump Cygnus X1 01-13-06 27
   RE: Bump Snidget 01-18-06 29
       RE: Bump Snidget 01-19-06 30
           RE: Bump Snidget 01-20-06 31
               RE: Bump Snidget 01-23-06 32
                   RE: Bump OklaBlue 01-24-06 33
 bump Cygnus X1 01-25-06 34
   RE: bump Snidget 01-26-06 35
 Bump universityofkentuckyrocks 01-28-06 38
   RE: Bump Cygnus X1 01-31-06 39
       RE: Bump Snidget 02-04-06 41
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag mysticwolf 02-02-06 40
   RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag Snidget 02-05-06 42
 bump Cygnus X1 02-07-06 43
   RE: bump Snidget 02-09-06 44
       RE: bump sharnina 02-13-06 45
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag sharnina 02-14-06 46
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag sharnina 02-15-06 47
   RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag sharnina 02-16-06 48
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag sharnina 02-16-06 49
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag sharnina 02-18-06 50
 bump Cygnus X1 02-23-06 51
 RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag sharnina 03-09-06 52

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-29-05, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
One of these days I really should find out on what channel and at what time this show is aired.

Oh, and bump.

Seasons Greetings!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

smokin 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-29-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokin Click to send private message to smokin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
You have to have A LOT of spare time on your hands in order to follow Starting Over. It's an hour episode, five days a week. That's quite a committment...

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-30-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-05 AT 01:08 AM (EST)

Not all of us, luv. I am one of those lucky folks able to make money doing something fun from the comfort of my home, with my TV on in the background.

Dayum Yankee 272 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-04-05, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dayum%20Yankee Click to send private message to Dayum%20Yankee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
I wanna do that again. Used to be a host for TalkCity back in the day and loved it; working from home in my pjs with a cup of coffee, a ciggerette and the tv in the background; that's the life - just get a sore butt and sore eyes if ya don't get up and stretch; lol

11-30-05, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Post in the correct forum, please"
This is the General Discussion Forum. Please post here if:

- You are making a general comment about the show.
- You are making a comment about more than one houseguest.
- You are making a comment about one or more life coaches.

If you are starting a thread about one particular houseguest, then your comments belong in the Individual Houseguest forum. Please show consideration for your other posters by checking out the threads there - you'll most likely find there's already a discussion about the houseguest (and the specific topic) you'd like to discuss.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-05, 05:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Bump"

12-03-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
6. "Please remember..."
This forum is for discussing the show. While we appreciate that posters have issues and concerns, this is not the appropriate forum for the discussions.

This is the General Discussion forum. Do not start threads on this forum about just one houseguest - that's what the Individual Houseguest forum is for.

Before you start a new thread, take a quick glance at the threads on the first page. Is someone posting similar comments to yours? Then join in their discussion.

Do you have technical questions about how to use the forums, change your profile, etc.? Please go to the Help Forum to ask those.

truthhurtshuh2001 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-03-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail truthhurtshuh2001 Click to send private message to truthhurtshuh2001 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Please remember..."
i love starting over i cant wait to be on the show myself lol like i can get anymore help from any one of those hurting people i love the book hurting people hurt people

12-03-05, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Please remember..."
I hope that was a lengthy way of saying "Bump."

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-05, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Bump-de-bump-bump"

Bad Wolf! by PM

tvgal 30 desperate attention whore postings

12-05-05, 06:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgal Click to send private message to tvgal Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Bebo, let me reply to what YOU said!
Bravo for you! I think the mods here do a fantastic job and yet it is a thankless one. The rules here are basically the same as at any other decently run board. I have always been astounded at how some posters think you owe them something. So keep up the good work.

Loohoo43 41 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-06, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loohoo43 Click to send private message to Loohoo43 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
TVGal I agree with you whole heartedly that the Moderator's Job is thankless.
Loo

universityofkentuckyrocks 2572 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-07-05, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Bumpidty Bump"

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "bump"
back up to the top

12-11-05, 08:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Bumpity Bump Bump"

12-12-05, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail universityofkentuckyrocks Click to send private message to universityofkentuckyrocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Bumpidity Bump"

jmama 25 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-05, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jmama Click to send private message to jmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Thank you so much for this post.I'm glad you make an effort to keep this site "real". Some people around here are just plain mean and I'm thankful you don't let that happen.So thanks again and keep up the good work.

12-15-05, 09:06 AM (EST)
17. "Bump"

12-16-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Bump"
Which (he explains for the 400th time) is a post that moves a thread to the top of the first page. It's discouraged for regular discussion threads, but encouraged for strictly admin (like this one) or informational (like the SO Links) threads.

And any thread you reply to is moved to the top of the first page, so please search the first several pages of the forum and see if someone else has created a topic like that you want to post on. Otherwise, your thread stands a much better chance of being locked as a duplicate.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-27-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Bump"
Thanks for the explanation. I've been trying to figure it out without asking and there is no info on this in the help forum.

Now I get it...soooo...

BUMP

12-17-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Bump"

Bad Wolf! by PM

12-20-05, 11:56 AM (EST)
20. "Bumping"
In the desperate hope that someone actually READS it!

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-06, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Bumping"
bump

12-21-05, 06:36 AM (EST)
21. "da-bump"

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

12-22-05, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Since there seems to be a rash of locked threads, here is a bump.

12-25-05, 02:11 AM (EST)
23. "bump"

12-29-05, 07:40 AM (EST)
24. "RE: bump"

01-02-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
25. "bump"

01-04-06, 09:38 PM (EST)
26. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
We're getting a lot of duplicates/wrong forum posts - this needs to go back on page 1.

01-13-06, 00:46 AM (EST)
27. "Bump"

01-18-06, 01:51 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Bump"

01-19-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Bump"

01-20-06, 07:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Bump"

01-23-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Bump"

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-06, 01:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Bump"
LOL

01-25-06, 02:28 AM (EST)
34. "bump"

01-26-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
35. "RE: bump"

01-28-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
38. "Bump"

01-31-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Bump"

02-04-06, 08:01 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Bump"

02-02-06, 02:16 AM (EST)
40. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
bump

Sigs by Bob, entirely accurate renditions of nature

02-05-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
42. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
bump

02-07-06, 11:45 AM (EST)
43. "bump"

02-09-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
44. "RE: bump"

02-13-06, 04:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: bump"
Bumpy - I used to have a rabbit named Bumpy because when he hopped he went. "bumpy, bumpy, bumpy..." Silly, huh?

Anyway --BUMP and yes I shouted.

02-14-06, 00:55 AM (EST)
46. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Bump

02-15-06, 12:08 PM (EST)
47. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Bump

02-16-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
48. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
BUMP

02-16-06, 10:03 PM (EST)
49. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
bump

02-18-06, 03:15 AM (EST)
50. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
Bump

02-23-06, 10:53 PM (EST)
51. "bump"

03-09-06, 07:28 PM (EST)
52. "RE: This Week's Moderator Mailbag"
bump

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •