The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

gingerlp 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-20-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gingerlp Click to send private message to gingerlp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
Go to Tvshowsondvd.com register and vote for SO to be released on DVD PLEASE DO IT NOW.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... Seabisquit 05-20-06 1
   RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... Snidget 05-22-06 4
 RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... mysticwolf 05-21-06 2
   RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... GoodnightLittleBear 05-22-06 3
   RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... beautyboyknockout 05-23-06 5
   RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... evilfeevil 05-23-06 6
 RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... maryellennaco 05-24-06 7
   RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... Jarra 09-17-06 8
 RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... JustBNMe 09-17-06 9
   RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over... SOTellItLikeItIsFan 09-18-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seabisquit 408 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-20-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seabisquit Click to send private message to Seabisquit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-06 AT 09:32 PM (EST)

gingerip...I don't see where it says you can register and vote. ?????

ETA: I'd register and vote for you and others, however, don't think I'd be interested in living through the trainwrecks again.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-22-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
When I was there over on the left there is a link to register and log in. Also if you search for SO there was a link on that page to register so you could vote.

Here is the direct link if you still can't find it http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newuser.cfm

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-21-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
Well, good luck, but I have my doubts that it would make economic sense. This has come up often enough that I decided to figure it out.

Let's see, Season 1, which seems to be the favorite season, has 120 1-hr. episodes. A single DVD is going to be able to hold about 5-6 hrs. of content. So, for that season alone, they'd be dealing with 20-24 DVD's - without any of the "extra", behind the scenes stuff, that generally need to be included as a bonus to get people to buy the DVD's.

Season 2 was 165 episodes long. That's 28 - 33 DVD's.
Season 3 was 371 episodes long. That's 62 - 75 DVD's.

So, for all 3 seasons, they'd be looking at a grand total of somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 - 132 DVD's.

According to Amazon, the avg. price for a TV-series-to-DVD is $40-$70 per season (dealing with 1/2 hr., weekly, shows, few enough that a series, plus extras, fit on a single DVD). M*A*S*H* season DVD's, for example, list at $40/per. Using that formula, someone wanting all three seasons would be looking at a total investment of $4,400 - $5,280. (Again, that's without any bonus content.)

Even at $15/per season (cost of "Survivor - Season 2: Australian Outback") it would still be an investment of $1,650 - $1,980.

Are there really that many SO fans that would shell out that kind of money for the set? I'd have my doubts if I were the production company.

Puppy Lvoe from Tribe blogging's scary

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-22-06, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
I would imagine they would end up doing a "Best and the Worst of Starting Over" DVD IF they were ever to do so. That would make more sense than each daily episode being on DVD.

The big reason I don't think they will do it is because this is obviously not a big budget show (or they are just cheap) and if they produce DVD's, they would have to pay all the HGs royalties.

As Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

beautyboyknockout 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-23-06, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beautyboyknockout Click to send private message to beautyboyknockout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
>someone wanting all three seasons would be looking at a total >investment of $4,400 - $5,280. (Again, that's without any bonus >content.)

You could get a real good shrink for that money!! Or visit Iyanla at her weekend retreats, lol

evilfeevil 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-23-06, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evilfeevil Click to send private message to evilfeevil Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
QUOTE:
>Season 3 was 371 episodes long.

What? What is defined as an episode? Season 3 was only on for 8-9 months, about 20 days a month, which means 160-180 episodes, minus the two-week break at Christmas and any other breaks here and there (not sure if we're including the couples' boot camp), so how are you getting 371? Do you mean 171?

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-24-06, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
Oh please, let's NOT... Let it go, and get on with another show. This season alone is not worth a warm bucket of spit, IMHO. Plus, letting it go means these ridiculous women will at last have to get a REAL life and a REAL job and move on with their "toolbelts" into REALITY.

Jarra 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-17-06, 03:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jarra Click to send private message to Jarra Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
having SO cancelled was like being on minute 37 of a 50 minute shrink visit and having a fire alarm pulled. It was a horrible ripping, tearing-away, feeling of loss to have it cancelled. I'm still trying to find a way to get copies of the show. I loved it with all of my being.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-17-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
Rhonda has already announced the SO will NOT be released on DVD. It would be too costly among other things.

SOTellItLikeItIsFan 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-18-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOTellItLikeItIsFan Click to send private message to SOTellItLikeItIsFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Everyone lets get Starting Over on DVD"
mysticwolf is right. Starting Over had too many episodes to make a DVD collection out of, even though the show was popular, the show isn't MASH or Star Trek so I doubt that SO would be on DVD. All we can do is petition and get stations like TLC, Discovery, Lifetime, WE, TVOne to show reruns again but their probably won't be any reruns for a loooooooooong time. They may show reruns in the near future to attract a new audience. I got a feeling that maybe one day Starting Over or something like it will come back on the air, I think CBS or NBC wants to try other things. I had hang-ups and dislikes about the show but I was addicted to it. It was the only decent show on TV, talk shows, court shows, and most of the reality shows are worthless. I enjoyed watching SO 3 times a day. I made a vow with myself not to watch much time so I don't become addicted but I wish I would have listen to myself and recorded the episodes that were coming on different stations a couple times a day. Never take anything for granted! I only recorded tidbits of the show.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •