The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cashing in....FAME"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

slickeronstate 203 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-05-06, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cashing in....FAME"
That someone was in SO is fine. In fact, it is something quite brave.

That after, they select to sell junk on e-bay is CRASS.

Christie's dollar store candles? Christina's hats? Jill's doggy sweaters?

Worse than trying to cash in selling junk is - using a charity such as Allison did with Cancer and Christie did with her pedicured brother.

The show certainly doesn't need to enshrine values in these women - but, don't these people have any self-respect. It is as if they create beggars - not independent women...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cashing in....FAME BlingBlong 06-05-06 1
   RE: Cashing in....FAME slickeronstate 06-05-06 2
       RE: Cashing in....FAME BlingBlong 06-05-06 3
   RE: Cashing in....FAME SeasonedRefinement 06-05-06 4
       RE: Cashing in....FAME Toushay 06-05-06 5
           RE: Cashing in....FAME BlingBlong 06-06-06 15
 RE: Cashing in....FAME eire_heart74 06-06-06 6
   RE: Cashing in....FAME BlingBlong 06-06-06 7
       RE: Cashing in....FAME snowflake2 06-06-06 8
           RE: Cashing in....FAME Toushay 06-06-06 10
           RE: Cashing in....FAME slickeronstate 06-06-06 12
           RE: Cashing in....FAME SeasonedRefinement 06-06-06 13
           RE: Cashing in....FAME BlingBlong 06-06-06 16
           RE: Cashing in....FAME creepyoldwoman 06-07-06 19
 RE: Cashing in....FAME snowflake2 06-06-06 9
   RE: Cashing in....FAME slickeronstate 06-06-06 11
       RE: Cashing in....FAME BlingBlong 06-06-06 14
 RE: Cashing in....FAME BimBo 06-07-06 17
   RE: Cashing in....FAME creepyoldwoman 06-07-06 18
       RE: Cashing in....FAME turquiosedove 06-07-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

BlingBlong 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-05-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Cashing in is what fame is all about. I agree with you on the fake charity attempts, that is gross.

But for eBay...they are just like anyone else who wants to make a few bucks on eBay. They are just ordinary people selling ordinary stuff. I don't think it is junk. People buy candles, hats and doggie shirts all the time, or make their own from craft stores or buy at pet stores. If they were any of the other people selling on eBay, you wouldn't know who they are.

Christie goes too far with the candles, though, I do agree.

In a way we see cashing in on fame in reverse when somebody wins a big lotto and gets begging letters from all over the world.

I don't agree with you about being on SO being brave. They wanted to get on a tv show and get prizes. Like getting on Price is Right. Even Antonia and South Beach Lisa said they wanted to get on a show. Well, Lisa was on a "lark". Antonia probably wanted to be a sthaaar more than the rest.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-05-06, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail slickeronstate Click to send private message to slickeronstate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
BB, I agree with you. The thing is, if having a virtual garage sale is ones goal - fine, but why mention SO or so called SO celebrity status to peddle those useless items?

06-05-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlingBlong Click to send private message to BlingBlong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
To be noticed. To stand out from a crowd. To help make a sale.
Kinda like a bullfighter waving a red cape in front of the bull.
One man's junk is another man's (or woman's) treasure, ya know...
To get more than a quarter or a dime for your junk..oops..items.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-05-06, 10:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-06 AT 11:05 PM (EST)

You know, slickonstate, I agree with you on the crass nature of what these ladies are doing, but IMO, it's not what they're doing, but why they're doing it that makes them almost repugnant to most of us.

There's no shortage of useless clutter being hawked on eBay today, and the SO women want to join in on that gold rush. What sets them apart from the other eBay sellers is their motivation for selling their "merchandise". It isn't primarily about cleaning out their closets or making a few extra dollars; rather, they have a desperate and obvious need to remain in the public eye for as long as humanly possible. Not one of them will upgrade their standard of living by "cashing in" on their SO fame by selling jewelry, dog capes, refrigerator magnets, shirts with cupcake cartoons on them, or cheap candles. Furthermore, I'd venture a guess that very few of them, if any, will ever receive a significant appearance fee for adding "panache and sparkle" to a public event because they've applied for membership on a "rent-a-reality star" website. While their SO connection may give them some eBay proceeds and a light ego stroke, (and without the internet, they wouldn't even have that) it certainly won't give them the celebrity status that they would all sell their front teeth to buy.

Life is hard and life is expensive -- that truth will dim their fantasies soon enough. Unless you're a Paris Hilton type with a wealthy benefactor who is ready, willing, and able to throw as much cash at the dream as is necessary to make it a reality, you'll never achieve the coveted celebrity status based on fifteen minutes of fame. That's because a true celebrity doesn't trade on their fame - they trade on their talent or magnetism.

IMO, what it all comes down to is making distinctions between fame, celebrity, and talent. One phrase that keeps resurfacing on this board is the one coined by pop icon Andy Warhol in 1968: "In the future, everyone will be world famous for fifteen minutes." The fame that he spoke of is fleeting - hence, the fifteen minute referral - and its onset is sudden. Because that type of fame fades as quickly as it appears, it doesn't really have much of a positive affect on the individual's life - nothing lasting anyway. It may be more negative than anything else. Being noticed and having a fan base is heady stuff, it's intoxicating. Having that and watching it dissipate must be difficult on the psyche. For people seeking fame, anonymity pales in comparison to being special.

The SO women are fighting a loosing battle against a ticking clock. They are trying to parlay their fleeting fame into a genuine celebrity status -- before the quarter hour expires. To cash in at any significant level, "celebrity" has to be there. They know that.

Celebrity requires more than an individual's participation in a one time event that grabs the eye of the camera, and subsequently, the eye of the general public -- and SO only grabbed the eye of a very select portion of the general population. It may be better than nothing, but even criminals are "famous" for a time -- and with the exception of the most feared or heinous of the bunch, even their names eventually escape us. For fame to evolve into celebrity, talent - which you either have or you don't - has to be evident. And having talent is only the first step -- it has to be nurtured, developed, and revealed to the public. Remember, the SO women weren't cast on SO because they were talented -- they were cast on that show because the producers believed that their story could capture the interest of an audience of female, daytime TV viewers for a few months at a clip. I expect that the participant's personality was taken into consideration in casting them on the show, but that isn't the same thing as talent. At an SO production meeting, the big question was probably, "how far do you think this woman will go in creating drama? Does she fit into the equation?"

It's very difficult to become a genuine celebrity: a movie star, a politcian, a best-selling author, a noted vocalist, or a world class athlete. Not only do you have to have talent, but you have to have the ability to outshine some equally talented competition. Once you've done that, the fame that follows can becoming lasting IF there is good business management and good decisions are made. That's where the celebrity factor comes in, and that's where the cash cow is hiding.

I mentioned Paris Hilton because she is a shining example of fame for fame's sake. Is she attractive? Yes -- even pretty by some people's standards. But on an even playing field, would she have gotten past a receptionist in a top modeling or talent agency (emphasis on "top")? Not in my opinion. My guess is that we wouldn't know who she was if she dropped her last name and used nothing but her own wits to achieve her dream. And even with all of the clout of her family name -- the fortune, the connections, and the favors called in -- she still worked at becoming famous for quite a while. There are plenty of photos and videos of Paris engaging in the sleaziest of behaviors because she needed to do something once she had the camera on her besides repeating the tired phrase, "That's hot...". Even with the large return her family's investment is now yielding, I often wonder how Paris feels (when she's all alone in her sweats) when she watches herself mocked and parodied to death on TV. She knows what people with talent really think of her. She's known for being the ultimate desperate attention whore - with nothing but someone else's money behind her. It has to be slightly embarrassing. Is it any wonder that B/M, the same folks who produced SO, produce that show she's featured on, "Simple Life"?.

Vanessa Atler may the be rare individual who had celebrity before she garnered any fame as an SO participant. Vanessa was a world class gymnast, a major talent and a fierce competitor who dedicated years of her life to an incredibly difficult sport. Her celebrity was used to sell products long before SO came to town. If Vanessa regroups, and manages to get the right people behind her, she can use her celebrity to cash in on her talent again. She'll no longer be competing in gymnastic events for money, but the titles she amassed while competing have put her in line for some hefty speaking fees - not based on her oratory skills, but based on her celebrity. That celebrity is based on the talent she displayed in competitive gymnastics. She could also commentate at gymnastic events -- she's certainly qualified and quite attractive to boot -- again earning a nice income based on her experience, knowledge, talent and celebrity.

The public is fickle, and they don't appreciate the average Joe and Jane being foisted on them for very long. They know talent when they see it. The public has no problem forking over a significant entertainment dollar, but they want to be entertained by someone who has something to offer besides the ordinary.

ETA: changed the name of Paris Hilton's show from "Real Life" to "Simple Life", lol. I'm not a fan.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-05-06, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
I think some of them are selling on eBay just to make a few extra dollars, testing it out, like Jill. Jodi has a hobby that she has always had, and is looking for a sales outlet. Others, like Christie, and maybe Christina, think they see a cash cow and are going for the need to remain in the public eye for cash. Christie seems to have some very unrealistic dreams about selling enough of those candles to put an orphanage through college. Vanessa looks like she might also be needing some extra cash. As for their personal motivations, they are the only ones who could possibly know that for sure. Everything is, at best, speculation, and some fun.

Most likely just about all of them, and members from other reality shows, are available for speaking events if needed, and they should be. Only they can speak about the experiences they had on various reality shows, and some people out there are interested. (Won’t even try to guess at the public’s motivation there) That’s more like seeing a travel speaker talk about a foreign country a person will never get to visit. Very few people will ever experience the adventure of being on one of these reality shows. Like it or not, these people have “been there”. And, inquiring minds want to know. And know.

Some, like Lynelle, Amy, and Andy are running businesses on their websites. Others like Sommer and Niambi and Antonia and SayYesLisa have the MySpaces for possible social reasons. Since so many of them have MySpace pages, and because MySpace is mostly for teens, it might be something the show had them all put up as part of a “meet the public” deal. It doesn’t seem to be an “adult” thing and certainly not a celebrity thing to do.

Sure, the women were selected for their stories, not their talent. I don’t think we saw talent that they may have, like music (except Audrey, who wanted to be a country singer). It was quite clear in the famous article about SO where Iyanla spoke about this board's members as having no lives, that the women were selected specifically to have conflict and that they would be housed closely together in order to promote those conflicts.

“Stars” like Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole Smith are laughing all the way to the bank. “Dumb like a fox” is one applicable expression. Jessica Simpson and Britney Spears are two more who come to mind. But if one looks at the lives they are all living, is it that good? Who would want it?

Heck, I met “Morris the Cat” once; he was a "celebrity". I took his photo. And he had money and fame. Apparently Vanessa is/was a celebrity. And Jill in her radio career will rub elbows with celebrities. Maybe the one, Audrey, got a CD out, and Towanda can lean into her sister’s career life. But beyond their dreams, each one (with the possible exception of Florida Lisa) had some real problems to overcome. And they did some of that with their stays on the tube. And some of their problems were similar to viewers' problems. Some of the viewers say they have solved problems from watching the HG work their tasks out. So maybe in the end, that is all the celebrity these HGs may truly have. Even if they don’t know it, they did help someone else, once upon a time.

06-06-06, 07:58 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Hey, I kinda like Paris!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
I don't think it's the fact that they selling this junk that bothers me it's the fact that they so want to be taken so seriously while on the show. It's about their healing and how dare anyone on the boards have an opinion about them. Then poof, here's some doggie tshirts. Huh? When did Jill ever say on the show she really wanted to create a line of dog clothes as a career goal? It just confuses me the message they are sending out there. No it's not about fame or being on tv yet they are quick to sell anything on eBay with the discription "so and so from Starting Over"

Allison by far bothered me the most. For a whole summer people were donating on her web site to her massive debt and then it's discovered on the show she has a shopping addiction. I didn't donate to her but now I don't feel so bad about it. Had I ? I would of demanded my money back.

06-06-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-06 AT 11:48 AM (EST)

I've seen this show off and on. Miami Beach Lisa let it be known through her friends that posted here that she was on the show for a lark. Sommer and Christina were cavorting with the cameramen. The LC's kept putting this out as serious work. The HGs looked confused by their assignments. Jill and the baggage, Lisa2 and the swamp and war plan chart, and so on. The brou-ha-ha with the opinions about negative posting anywhere was started two years ago by Iyanla, and you know she would have spread that thought to the girls. Jennifer B put up a huge letter about it way before Sommer and Jill followed suit. With all the hate emails they got it became obvious that they know some people don't like them or resent them.
"so and so from SO" will actually draw people in to see their ads, of course they should use it. They would be stupid not to.
But there is a HUGE line to be drawn when any of them go for "donations". I'd rather see them sell things on eBay and do other things to make money, than to try to ask for "donations". There are so many other causes that need donations. Allison and Christie were incredibly dumb with their "donation" efforts.
I am amazed at how Vanessa's diary is jumping up, over $500 now. I looked at the bidder's history, and they have bought many other items from Vanessa. Maybe they are fans, or maybe they are putting together a documentary about her or a book.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-06-06, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
BlingBlong wrote: <<Cashing in is what fame is all about>> <<They are just ordinary people selling ordinary stuff. I don't think it is junk. People buy candles, hats and doggie shirts all the time.>>
----------------------------------------------------
These seem like two opposing statements. Are they so "famous" that they need to cash in on their massive celebrity, or are they simply "ordinary people selling ordinary things"?

I propose that they are actually neither. If these women WERE bonafide "stars" with something of value to offer (talent, entertainment, etc) probably no one would have a problem with them wanting to be compensated for their abilities. Likewise, if they were "ordinary people selling ordinary things" I'm sure people would not have a problem with that either.

I think what offends most people is that these women are trying to make suckers out of SO viewers not ONCE but TWICE---first by coming on the show under the pretext of getting help with their lives, when all they really wanted was to get on TV. We were subjected to their bad acting, fake crying, phoney "aha" moments. While actively seeking their 15 minutes of fame, they warded of any hint of criticism with cries of, "What??? You can't criticize US! We're OFF-LIMITS! We bravely took ourselves on a SACRED show as a sacrifice to help other women out there!!"

That wasn't bad enough...now they once again want to hoodwink viewers by offering JUNK at inflated prices, in the hopes that viewers who bought into their "sacred journeys" will also buy into their self-proclaimed stardom, and think the junk actually has value because it is connected with a celebrity.

I don't really have a problem with Vanessa selling her stuff on eBay...she actually accomplished something before SO, and has gymnastics fans based on her talent. The items she is offering would actually have resale value, so she is not simply hoping against hope that a sucker will buy her stuff.

Jodi might actually invest some money in the materials she buys for her necklaces.

But Christina, Christie and Jill are disgusting. Christina's things are ugly...was it you, BlingBlong, that said her purses look like a toilet seats? And home made lipgloss? Christina is too stupid to even know there are LAWS to follow when selling stuff like that.

Christie's candles weren't cr@ppy enough on their own? She had to go one step further and beg for donations along with them?

And Jill is simply offensive... she is too LAZY to even make anything new to sell...she is selling her old stock of doggie tees that she couldn't sell the first time around. I wonder how she plans on getting the items to bidders...she must have gotten someone to do that for her, because God knows a trip to the post office or UPS store would be too much for her. The only parts of her body she's willing to mooooove are her mouth & fingers...to eat, talk, and type her stupid blogs that don't even make sense. Oh, and to e-mail her "fans" to ask them to "spread the word" on the cr@p she has for sale, and to make them feel important with titles like "cyber-manager". "Oh, I'm only selling these dog clothes because it was mandated by Della Reese that I get a hobby!" She wants us to think she's teetering on the brink of becoming the next Oprah...but she spends hours putting her junk on ebay and fielding email suggestions from lonely eBayers to make what?? A whopping $27? Yeah, I can see how "valuable" her time is.

If Jill, Christie, and Christina are just "ordinary people selling ordinary things" why weren't they selling them BEFORE Starting Over? And why are they asking more $$$ than "regular" eBayers selling comparable items? They are just looking to take advantage of people who feel important because they bought something from/contacted someone who was on TV. It's a way of making lonely people feel their TV is finally talking back to them.

Toushay 50 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Toushay Click to send private message to Toushay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
The producers had a lot to do with the way the ladies were presented. They had no say at all. The editors had to reach what was "needed" by higher-ups, according to the internet article mentioned elsewhere.

Oprah really got on one of her audience ladies the other day about not living her life, but being hooked on soap operas, being overweight, not connecting with her own children. She was saying this woman was "devoted" to watching these shows and needed to get a life, and get away from the tv set, to start doing things, and be involved with her real life instead of living in her head. It was hard on that woman she was talking to, she was in tears. Oprah was telling her it was just fantasy and meanwhile the woman was missing out on her life.

I think they tried to do a similar thing in SO. I read in Niambi's blog or somewhere else, maybe Audrey's, that they were not allowed to have any radio, tv, or even sing while in the house. That would be hard to do.

06-06-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Didn't Jill mention in some myspace blog (which a poster kindly pasted on this board) that she had a tough time finding money for stamps - how can she ship the doggie t's if she can't even afford the cost of a stamp?

I noticed she mentioned how her dad was wealthy with a nice house in Vegas - I wonder if he will be hit up for cash?

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Standing Freakin' Ovation!

Passionate and Brilliant, Snowflake...

06-06-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
LOL Snowflake "said her purses look like a toilet seats"
that is funny! Are they that bad? I haven't said anything about her purse...how much did it sell for? From seeing her on the show today she looks very young. She should save the heavey hats for winter, or up in the woods. It gets cold enough up here to enjoy that kind of hat.

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-07-06, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
I agree , Snowflake. I have been wondering , why Christie, Jill and Christina bother me so much , especially Christie. When Hailey and lynelle, who did the same thing, with crocheting ponchos and selling them, do not. Well, lynelle, crocheted in the house. Part of her goal was to be seperate from her kids and have a business. So, she did just that. Seems more real, even though she's not my favorite.

Andy Paige and Amy Harkin also sell stuff and have sites. However, it was part of why they were in the house. Andy wanted to do something with her life and Amy wanted to be known as her own person, seperate from her husband. Notice how I need to go back to Season 1 for these examples.

I realized a while ago I actually do watch another reality show. ghost hunters. These guys have all of the stuff that the ladies of SO have. the websites, the forums, the blogs, the myspaces etc. But even they do not bother me with their hawking. It's because their show has nothing to do with self improvement. So, i agree with the other posts about the reasons for being on the show versus what they are doing now.

I think the show has been sucessful for Andy Paige. She's now considered an "expert' in her field. The show helped her with that but I don't see her on myspace or e bay selling the makeup brush she used while in the house.

snowflake2 1499 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-06-06, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snowflake2 Click to send private message to snowflake2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
slickeronstate wrote: <<It is as if they create beggars - not independent women...>>
--------------------------------------------------------
Yep.

06-06-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Fair enough - one can sell used snotrags on ebay and probably find a buyer - dangle some celebrity affiliation and you probably will get a few bucks.

This speaker promotion/rent-a-celebrity is another ballgame.

Many on SO could not even spell - let alone speak in a coherent manner - even Vanessa "and stuff like that....." would never cut it as a sportscaster. Jill "I don't know...." ..... "you know?" is on the radio but she re-reads gossip rags in her "persona" of gossip queen. Really not much different from the ladies on the View - but at least they can articulate their points (most of the time).

I was stunned to see a repeat of early shows from SO 3 - TJ could not even spell basic words - utterly illiterate - dyslexia is not uncommon and she blamed it on this and her ADD. If these ladies might go away with one skill to help them in life - maybe get an entry level job someplace - even Christie! I would include a dictionary in their welcome to SO giftbag or graduation gift.

While Iyanla encourages the ladies to accept her nurturing role - seeing the repeats - I can't help but think these are 40 year old women acting like blubbering imbeciles. No tears Lisa has to be the master of this technique - Jill and Jessica are a close second along with the precious Christie.

I still think Christie should revise her "raising caine" COLLEGE fund to the "raising caine" BEAUTY School fund!

06-06-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-06 AT 06:28 PM (EST)

"I still think Christie should revise her "raising caine" COLLEGE fund to the "raising caine" BEAUTY School fund!"
That was really funny, ss!

She probably just wants to stay in sunny Cal, she wouldn't like it up here in the cold north!

Edit to add: Hey, you should email her that idea and see what Miss Congeniality says back.

BimBo 63 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BimBo Click to send private message to BimBo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
SF wrote~~"They are just looking to take advantage of people who feel important because they bought something from/contacted someone who was on TV. It's a way of making lonely people feel their TV is finally talking back to them."

SF, you nailed it!! (as usual) Well said!!

It's unfortunate that these people live in such a fantasy world, that they can't see the obvious. These SO rejects aren't out to make new friends, their only objective is to achieve personal gain at the expense of sad,lonely people who don't know any better. And I agree that Vanessa made some incredible achievments long before she entered the house. She obtained her fame by working very hard for it and I give her all the credit in the world for that. But the rest of them???? I don't know how they sleep at night.

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Bimbo: But the rest of them???? I don't know how they sleep at night.

I have found that when people utter the phrase "hey, it's business, nothing personal" it lets them get away from these pesky ethical situations and they snooze like babies.

I am really surprised not to see a bunch of them cashing in. lisa1, Christine 1, Antonia for starters.

Then there are those that I wish I heard more from, like laurie(season1) Josie, Rain.

IMO, i think Christie is the most DAW of the three. Next Jill, then Christina. Jodi falls way down on the list because she seems to be selling some quailty stuff that may be worth the price.

turquiosedove 100 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-06, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail turquiosedove Click to send private message to turquiosedove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Cashing in....FAME"
Creepy said.........Jodi falls way down on the list because she seems to be selling some quailty stuff that may be worth the price.

She is selling used jewelry, beads that she strung up and made a necklace. Bead supplies like hers are inexpensive. And I doubt she knots between each pearl. JMO

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •