The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Projects"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Projects"
SOH gives these daunting projects to the housemates, that supposedly or purportingly require assistance from the other housemates, yet everytime it gets to crunch time, you see the other mates eating bon bons. and laughing in another room while the frazzled hm is getting pissed because no one will help. Then it disolves into... she didn't ask nicely. screw her. Remember Lisa1 freaking out about the tupperware party and how funny everyone acted lounging on the bed. as if they were told to not help her. Christie guilting everyone into how important her project is. Now Antonia having to beg for help, which we know she wont beg.
I would hope that SOH would acknowlege that the projects are make do work, but the real point is teamwork, an increased sense of empathy. How can the hm even think of becoming vulnerable in that snake pit? The weird thing to me is if these women were living together in a real house as opposed to the fake made for TV drama house they would be all over these projects.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Projects librarian 05-11-06 1
   RE: Projects petmama 05-11-06 10
 RE: Projects Baxtera 05-11-06 2
   RE: Projects mirage3033 05-11-06 3
       RE: Projects Sues 05-11-06 4
           RE: Projects Baxtera 05-11-06 5
               RE: Projects petmama 05-11-06 12
               RE: Projects knitwit 05-12-06 16
       RE: Projects Redbud 05-11-06 6
           RE: Projects Baxtera 05-11-06 7
   RE: Projects petmama 05-11-06 8
       RE: Projects Baxtera 05-11-06 9
           RE: Projects petmama 05-11-06 11
               RE: Projects Baxtera 05-11-06 13
 RE: Projects banks 05-12-06 14
   RE: Projects Baxtera 05-12-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

librarian 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail librarian Click to send private message to librarian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Projects"
I think it is unrealistic for any of the housemates to "expect" help with a project that they are assigned as individuals. Any form of help they receive from each other should be icing on the cake. When I take on projects in my personal life or at work I don't expect other people to help me, and if I do need help I ask.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-11-06, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Projects"
Yes, this was Antonia's project. With a $10,000 budget. When she first picked out the furniture, she was $400 over her budget. And, only paired it down to $9,200. Leaving only $800 for paint. If her HM's helped her paint the room, she'd have to pay them. Thus, probably going over her budget. And, jeopardizing her chances of graduating. So, if I were her, I'd take that into consideration. Before b!tching about getting no help.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-11-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Projects"
The issue with these projects is they aren't overwhelming or daunting if you actually put in the effort and the time to do them and aren't sitting on your behind being lazy and expecting everyone else to do the work for you.

Lisa Tupperware Party was very simple and easy to plan except Lisa was lazy and didn't want to do the work and then tried to do everything at the last possible moment fully expecting every hg would pitch in to make up for her lack of planning and preparation. I believe one of the purposes for the exercise was to help her understand how much work, a job/business is and that you do have to put time into it to make money at it.

As for Antonia I have painted a room all by my little lonesome and it isn't a fearsome task. You tape the walls, you put down a drop cloth, mix the paint and you get started. That being said when you sleep half the day away, treat your roommates who might have been willing to help you like crap, and only get one sucker to actually help you although Niambi's work skills didn't look all that great, you end up being frustrated. Antonia has to learn about work ethics. You can't do an 8 hour job in 2 hours and expect everyone else to make up your time for you.

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Projects"
ITA with your points but I am tired of the predictability and sham of the other hms talking behind each others back, of I am not helping, she didn't ask nice. I agree that Lisa1 was unprepared for the party but I found it ridiculous how the other mates ganged up on her. laying on the bed laughing and gossiping. it was a setup. what is wrong with saying Lisa1 blew it and lets all help. I would think that she would learn the lesson and feel real gratitude for the help after the fact. in spite of her failings. Same with Antonia, what prevents the other housemates from checking in with her and explaining their excuses. why the backbiting and confessionals. just to show us the viewing public how nasty another person can be to each other. I would much rather see some teamwork and real actions than the I LOve you so much crap coming out of Christes mouth. Words are cheap.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Projects"
The 'I Love You' made me cringe too.....what a load of bull.

If I were in the house, I would have pitched in. Yes, she needs to learn how to ask, but if she hasn't 'gotten' that skill yet...why can't they help her? The HG need to stop trying to play LC and start really supporting eachother....

05-11-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Projects"
When did Lisa ever learn her lesson?

People have enabled Antonia to $40,000 dollars worth of debt. Antonia was pissed off because she truly thought the others would come down and do the work for her. She felt entitled and had expectations that because she goofed off and didn't do her assignment that others would come forward and do it for her. What would she learn by having the others do it for her, that's been the story of her whole life, nothing new there. That's why she was so mad at the restauraunt because her expectations weren't met maybe for the first time. She thinks she's too good to do manual labor. If you noticed Niambia was stuggling to do most of the work. Neither was doing a great job but at least Niambia was trying.

Antonia was ticked off because she thought she could sleep away the day and then pass the work off on to everyone else once again.

05-11-06, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Projects"
If they had done the work, she would've had to pay them. Probably gone over her budget. And, gotten a C at her BOR.

knitwit 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail knitwit Click to send private message to knitwit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Projects"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-06 AT 11:33 AM (EST)

I completely agree Baxtera, and didn't Antonia call a friend and brag about how "cool" this assignment was.

She's all talk and no action. It drives me crazy how these HG's don't embrace their challenges, and move on to a better life.

>People have enabled Antonia to $40,000
>dollars worth of debt.
>Antonia was pissed off because
>she truly thought the others
>would come down and do
>the work for her.
>She felt entitled and had
>expectations that because she goofed
>off and didn't do her
>assignment that others would come
>forward and do it for
>her. What would she
>learn by having the others
>do it for her, that's
>been the story of her
>whole life, nothing new there.
> That's why she was
>so mad at the restauraunt
>because her expectations weren't met
>maybe for the first time.
> She thinks she's too
>good to do manual labor.
> If you noticed Niambia
>was stuggling to do most
>of the work. Neither
>was doing a great job
>but at least Niambia was
>trying.

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-11-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Projects"
...> I would much rather
>see some teamwork and real
>actions than the I LOve
>you so much crap coming
>out of Christes mouth.
> Words are cheap.

Yes! Exactly! Christie is just mouthing the words. She doesn't "love" Niambi or Antonia anymore than I "love" she "loves" the neighbor down the street. It's psychobabble!!!!!! Christie is full of crap. She wants everyone to support her, and then complains in the confessional when they don't, but she doesn't do squat for anyone else. She doesn't have to, she's Rhonda's pet project.

05-11-06, 05:05 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Projects"
I don't believe any of them "love" each other it's all Hollywood babble. I find it interesting that they can stab each other in the back and then say love ya. Look what they did to TJ and then all smiled at her graduation. It's all fake Christie's studied under the masters.

As for the projects painting a room isn't rocket science and it didn't require help. It truly can be done by a motivated teenager, I know I painted a few rooms in my parents house in my teenage years.

Frankly I'd like to see Antonia and more of the guests come to the appreciation and self worth you get when you do realize you can finish something that you didn't think you could do.

05-11-06, 05:07 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Projects"
When I was 17, I painted an entire kitchen in less than three hours. With a brush. With the roller, Antonia could've primed the entire guest room in two hours or less, waited another two for the primer to dry, and then painted over it. This would've taken six hours, or less. Then, the next day, applied another coat of paint.

05-11-06, 05:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Projects"
Exactly it's not the most challenging job in the world when there is no furniture to move and no prep work to be done on the surface. I would suspect the paint and all was mixed and ready for her to go to it. The only prep work she had to do was tape the molding and put down drop clothes. From the looks of it she was using trash bags another sign she wasn't overlly prepared. I wonder how much SO will pay to have it redone when she's finished.

05-11-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Projects"
Did you notice the half a$$ed job she and Niambi were doing? And, the original blue showing through the primer? It looked like they weren't putting enough paint on the roller. And, were rolling it on too fast. All of Niambi's HM's offered to help her, BTW. After the party for Jodi and her mother. And, they would've helped her earlier, too. If she hadn't put it off until the last minute.

05-11-06, 05:35 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Projects"
Antonia has to learn cause and effect. She chose to stay in bed which caused her to fail. There is nobody to blame for her problem but herself.

She had the opportunity to get up early and recruit her housemats to help. She had the chance to say yes when they said they would help instead of acting like a spoiled brat having a tantrum. She chose not to act like an adult and the consequences are hers to endure. The fact Niambia chose to suffer with her is not the other house guests fault. She wanted to play the martyr so be it but they don't give out rewards and medals to martyrs who give to unworthy canidates. Gee sounds just like the martyr game she places with situation man. Niambia the victim.

banks 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-06, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail banks Click to send private message to banks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Projects"
The housemates needed to be more helpful to Antonia. Chrisie is always "p-----" So get over it. I'm sure she will expect help for her run. She doesn't extend herself for others very much, look at wondering if she should help her brother. She didn't need to be with Jodie and her mother. She could have been helping. Sommer is in a crunch and Jodie had to be with her mother. They had excuses.

Antonia needed help. They knew that and should have responded for emotional support and encouagement without being asked.

05-12-06, 10:28 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Projects"
The help Antonia needs is help in learning to take care of her own needs. She is a user and she needs someone to teach her how to stop using and abusing people and how to start taking care of herself and not depending on other people to do for her.

If the other hg had come down and done it for her what would she have learned from the project? That if I don't plan ahead, if I sleep late, if I waste my time rolling around and whining about the project someone will bail me out and I won't have to pay for my mistakes. Well her Mother has spent the last 24 years of her life teaching her that very lesson. She's been bailed out by family and friends her whole life because she makes bad choices, people feel bad for her and they take care of her.

What she needs is to learn there are consequences for bad choices and those consequences are unpleasant and not easy to get out of.

The only reason her poetry thing didn't collapse is Poetri did all the work for her. She expected the same thing here.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •