The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cassie and Antonia"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-27-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cassie and Antonia"
Could you believe what Antonia said to Cassie! Where does she get off???

Okay, that being said, I just wanted to start this thread in the appropriate forum but it keeps getting started in the wrong forum. The one in the Spoiler forum got locked because that info is no longer spoiler info.

So...off we go.

PS - I think Antonia was way off in criticizing someone over something she knows absolutely nothing about. I haven't seen today's episode yet but am looking forward to seeing her put in her place.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cassie and Antonia munchkin 04-27-06 1
   RE: Cassie and Antonia Baxtera 04-27-06 2
       RE: Cassie and Antonia shawnar 04-27-06 3
           RE: Cassie and Antonia Baxtera 04-27-06 4
               RE: Cassie and Antonia alaholly 04-27-06 5
                   RE: Cassie and Antonia phlinky 04-27-06 6
                       RE: Cassie and Antonia Baxtera 04-28-06 7
                           RE: Cassie and Antonia Cinnamongirl30 04-28-06 8
                               RE: Cassie and Antonia Baxtera 04-28-06 9
                                   RE: Cassie and Antonia Zoey 04-28-06 10
                                       RE: Cassie and Antonia Baxtera 04-28-06 11
                                           RE: Cassie and Antonia Zoey 04-28-06 12
 RE: Cassie and Antonia sillybear 04-29-06 13
   RE: Cassie and Antonia imagma 04-29-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

munchkin 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-27-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munchkin Click to send private message to munchkin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
I think Antonia was way off in criticizing someone over something she knows absolutely nothing about. I haven't seen today's episode yet but am looking forward to seeing her put in her place.

I believe that Antonia doesn't have a lot of filters. If she thinks it, it falls out her mouth. If she thinks it and feels it at the same time, stand back!

I can't see myself reacting in the same way. I think I would probably would have tried to be more tactful but Cassie isn't a mirror for my issues, either. At least Antonia was honest and she laid out her feelings. If she is able to face things as they are without a lot of denial, she's going to be making rapid progress on this issue. I think Cassie and the others understand this and are going to be there to help her along the path.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Someone should explain the difference between deadbeat dads and adoption to the little princess.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-27-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
So true Baxtra! I don't see the similarities at all. I am not adopted or have anyone close to me that is so maybe I'm wrong here but I admire Cassie that she was able to make such a good decision in the midst of all her bad decisions. I think that Antonia needs to keep her mouth shut! It was not her place and the time to start questioning her. Antonia is full of herself. How would she feel if some of the house mates turned around when she first got there and said " God I can't understand you! I am used to working for a living! Geese where do you get that self entilteledment? I can not relate to you because your a spoiled brat!" Even thou its all true they are not there to judge eachother. They are there to support eachother. I realize that Cassie is probably going to be asked even harder questions by her son but it is not Antonias job.

04-27-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
I have a couple friends who are adopted and one in particular who would be horrified by Cassie's story of stalking her son. I know in his case he has no desire to be contacted by his birth parents, has never signed up for a registry and is perfectly content to have a closed adoption. We have had many a conversation over the years about the situation and he truly is at peace with it. I've also talked to another friend who had a rather disappointing reunification with her birth mother when she had a fairy tale ideal and it turned out Mom was a drug addict/acholic who had no idea who Dad was it could have been any number of people. It wasn't the dream she held for years which is why her adoptive parents had discouraged her from looking. I also know of one case in which the woman met her birth mother and they exchange letters, pictures, etc. and it's been a postive experience. The woman was a teenager and surrender her daughter because she was too young to raise her. She looked after her own parents died. Each case is different and individual.

However, I'm a firm believer that anyone who has a child and doesn't feel equipped to raise it and gives that child to a couple who truly wants a baby and is willing to go through the hurdles that adoption in this country really is, makes a great gift. Too many people selfishly think only of themselves and their wants and not of the baby. If you've ever met a child that is in foster care after being taken from a drug addicted prostitute you can imagine what Cassie's son's life would have been like if he had stayed with her. I know I've met a few and the scars they carry are far more damaging than the questions adoptive children carry. Those kids know the horrors that there parents brought to their lives and sadly many of them are too old at that point to end up in adoptive safe homes and end up growing up in foster care.

Antonia's issue with deadbeat Dad's is far different. When a parent abadons a home they do so without providing for that child. That child has already formed an attachment to them. You can't just bring another father into the home and call him Dad, the child already knows Dad. However, a newborn doesn't and the adoptive father and Mother will be his/her parents because they won't know other parents. They will have questions, they will wonder why but with loving caring adoptive parents they will also know they were chosen, they are loved and cared for and that they have a family who cares for them. That is far different from the situation that children who are abandoned and left by deadbeats face.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-27-06, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Regardless of how you feel about what was being said, (and I'm not a Cassie fan) it was Cassie's moment, not Antonia's. Her opinions were inappropriate especially at that time. She disrupted Cassie's life changing news with her own attention seeking interruption.

Toni, Toni, Toni. You are a self centered little twit with no manners and no sense of your place in the world.

phlinky 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-27-06, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail phlinky Click to send private message to phlinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Forget about the triggers of Antonia. The question should have been addressed right back to her: Can she have a baby now at the age of 19 or however old she currently is and take care of it without welfare? Can Antonia care for an infant with no money and the financial predicament she put herself in (forget emotionally ready)? What if she got pregnant, could she legitimately keep the baby knowing how irresponsible she is? Would she want to raise a child in that environment?

I think NOT on all of those questions. Whatever trigger Cassie may be for her, she should have closed her mouth (like her mind) and let Cassie have her moment. This is not the Antonia show. I cannot believe no one there, not even Rhonda, addressed her other than saying that you have issues with your father and that is why you are lashing out at Cassie. I guess she needed face time. Maybe she wants to be the next Omorossa(sp?) just like the way Tess wanted to be.

IMO, I do not find Antonia refreshing. I find her annoying. I am not a Cassie fan, however, she had to be very emotional going back to SO for this significant event in her life and she did not need to be "rocked" any further by Antonia.

04-28-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
There are too many people who end up sucking the system dry thinking they are entitled to raise their children on my income. Truly I do wish more would wake up realize they are not ready emotionally, financially or don't have the maturity to handle a screaming, crying baby and surrender it for adoption. I just read of another horrifying case of a teen parents killing their baby, a baby I'm sure some couple would have loved to have raised and not for a moment considered it a burden that those two did. How selfish they were to think they had to have control of the child instead of putting the child first and giving it a chance at life not as a burden to someone who never wanted to be a Mom or Dad but to someone who's only dream was to be a parent.

I hate what Cassie is doing now but I do applaud her adoption decision.

Cinnamongirl30 75 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cinnamongirl30 Click to send private message to Cinnamongirl30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
I really think that Antonia says alot of things for shock value and thrives on getting people going. When she has an audience that is present(chuckle) her statements get even wilder. She is calmer in the confessional. Her comments to Cassie were uninformed and very rude. I wish someone had have stood up and told her to get her facts staight and shut up. I have the same problem sometimes with voicing my opinion. If I were in her mess in life I'd be keeping my mouth shut. I came from nothing and worked very hard to get where I am today with everyone against me so I feel a little entitled to speak up now and feel that in some cases I have to. NOT at the expense of others feelings. Especially when they are so excited and having a rare moment of pure joy. Antonia is very warped in her thinking. I'm not that much older than her , 30and feel that she is giving youngish women a real bad name and totally does not represent the norm.

04-28-06, 12:13 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Antonia probably would keep the child, go on welfare, foodstamps, and suck the father dry for child support all the while whining and complaining about how hard it was to be a mudda. She would never put the child first because lord only knows there is only one person in that child's life, Antonia. Hopefully she knows about birth control. She certainly wouldn't have the intelligence to know she isn't capable of raising a child and putting it up for adoption and would quickly become another MA welfare receipient. Thanks but we have plenty of people sucking the system dry here.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 03:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Hey Bax,

I respect most of your posts and even this one, however, the one statement that refers to "sucking the father dry" is a bit offensive. I can see not wanting to support a child with your tax dollars but I feel a father should support his child.

04-28-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
I do to but there are those who go into it with the right attitude about going for child support as a means to support their children and their are those who go into it as a means to make the other party suffer. I fully support the first as every child has a right to be supported by both parents. However, I've also seen women and men who use child support and visitation as a means to manipulate and create problems, those I don't respect.

I see Antonia who would definitly use it as the manipulation and be in court constantly every time she over spent claiming there was a special circumstance, etc.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Ahhh, thanks for explaining especially since you don't owe me one. I completely understand and agree. I just wasn't sure how you meant it at first.

I know a man who his wife was living in their huge, well maintained house with 2 children (way more than they needed) and he was living in a roach infested apartment so he could keep them living nicely. To me that's not fair. But he was ordered to pay until both kids were 18 and then she had to sell the house.

But I agree that Antonia would be even worse given her financial feeling of entitlement. Her kid would be without diapers but she'd be wearing Prada shoes. This is unfortunate and I do believe that men should have rights too.

Antonia's need to call Cassie out was laughable, given that she can't even handle her own financial situation and that's just her, no children. Even though I understand her outspokenness, I think it took a lot of nerve.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-06, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
I was pleased with Cassie's response to Antonia.She admitted that these were tough questions she would be asked.She handled it well.Possibly after Antonia has some of the SO "tools" she will know how to handle herself in these type of situations.I really hope so anyway.

imagma 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-29-06, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imagma Click to send private message to imagma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Cassie and Antonia"
Cassie has come a long way since her first day in the SO house. I am proud of her and I wish her well.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •