The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

BlueCollar Blonde 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-21-06, 08:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
I was just wondering if anyone out there on the boards has sent a tape or went to a casting call to try and get on SO. Of course I guess if anyone has done it recently they are out of luck since it seems the show won't be back. Regardless, I thought it would be interesting to know. =)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went ... ohmaheck 04-21-06 1
   RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went ... BlueCollar Blonde 04-25-06 8
 RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went ... BHoneycutt 04-22-06 2
   RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went ... sharnina 04-23-06 3
 RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went ... elgin 04-24-06 4
   Queen for a Day Cygnus X1 04-24-06 5
       RE: Queen for a Day dopeydwarf 04-24-06 6
           RE: Queen for a Day nikkidemus 04-24-06 7
               RE: Queen for a Day BlueCollar Blonde 04-25-06 10
                   blue collar blonde PanchoVilla 04-25-06 12
                       RE: blue collar blonde sharnina 04-25-06 14
                       RE: blue collar blonde elgin 04-25-06 15
       RE: Queen for a Day BlueCollar Blonde 04-25-06 11
       RE: Queen for a Day PanchoVilla 04-25-06 13
   RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went ... BlueCollar Blonde 04-25-06 9
 Locking - as off topic as you can g... Cygnus X1 04-25-06 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ohmaheck 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-21-06, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmaheck Click to send private message to ohmaheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
I went to 2 casting calls last summer. One in LA and one in Long Beach. Very interesting experience! With the one in LA, Lynell was there from season 1 and kept everyone entertained while we waited to go tell our stories. They took people in groups of 8-10, then everyone went around the table and told their stories. Its amazing what some people go through!

04-25-06, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to send private message to BlueCollar%20Blonde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
>I went to 2 casting calls
>last summer. One in LA
>and one in Long Beach.
>Very interesting experience! With the
>one in LA, Lynell was
>there from season 1 and
>kept everyone entertained while we
>waited to go tell our
>stories. They took people in
>groups of 8-10, then everyone
>went around the table and
>told their stories. Its amazing
>what some people go through!
>

That's pretty darn cool. I have been wondering how the process went. I'm guessing then for those that send in a tape they were then called to a casting call? Thanks for sharing your experience. =)

Blue

BHoneycutt 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-22-06, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BHoneycutt Click to send private message to BHoneycutt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
>I was just wondering if anyone
>out there on the boards
>has sent a tape or
>went to a casting call
>to try and get on
>SO. Of course I
>guess if anyone has done
>it recently they are out
>of luck since it seems
>the show won't be back.
> Regardless, I thought it
>would be interesting to know.
>=)

What do you mean "since it seems the show won't be back?"

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-23-06, 01:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
I bumped up the thread about that. It looks like SO will be cancelled after this season.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-24-06, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
One wonders how totally attention seeking and "make me a star" desperate a person has to be to even WANT to air their misery and inadequecy on tv? A study in humiliation. Wouldn't they think for a moment to go to a private therapist or get in a recovery program? I hope the show takes a whole new tack...Why don't they just take the try out for the show groups and televise them. Can you IMAGINE what it is like... no MY story is more pathetic than yours.... This would be PRIME TIME viewing on the tellie. Get on it asap and get a interesting show going. Like the old pathetic tv show "Queen for a day" where women COMPETED to see who was more pathetic and tragic. SAD. So Sad.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-24-06, 02:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Queen for a Day"
Ever heard George Carlin's daytime TV routine? (He'd have a ball with SO, of course.) He mentioned Q4aD:

"Well, my husband is a steeplejack, he works in the Bronx at St. Anselm's, he was up there one day, he fell off, and wound up in the Mayo Clinic. Doctor said that was a hell of a bounce!"

"And if you're Queen for a Day, what would you like?"

"A set of golf clubs!"

And thank you for realizing that these women on SO are choosing to put themselves out there for all to see.

Better than I deserve. So's this sig by tribephyl.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Queen for a Day"
I remember Q4aDay when I was a kid, and many of the women had suffered great losses, (and remember that was 40 ago, and benefit programs for families w/o fathers was vastly different.)

Everywhere, there is free mental help--no reason to go on TV.
And the people I really feel bad for are the family/friends of the HGs who get bashed in front of all the viewers, with no voice. Oh, maybe I take that back, you can be called to come to the SO house and have a face to go with that nasty reputation that you have with the viewers. Some of the people are mean(Kim's dad and mom, and a few others)---but some aren't.(I used to hate Allison's mom, and after awhile, I began to feel VERY,VERY sorry for her.)

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

nikkidemus 186 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-06, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nikkidemus Click to send private message to nikkidemus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Queen for a Day"
Unfortunately free mental health care doesnt exist for the people who make one dollar over the amount of income to be eligable for any kind of assistance. That goes for any kind of healthcare. Thats why thousands of people are sitting at home sick,scared and suffering big time. Maybe thats why so many women show up for the casting calls. Personaly, if I could afford it I wouldnt go on the show but if I were desperate enough and knew that I really needed help I would be there in heartbeat.

04-25-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Queen for a Day"
>Unfortunately free mental health care doesnt
>exist for the people who
>make one dollar over the
>amount of income to be
>eligable for any kind of
>assistance. That goes for any
>kind of healthcare. Thats why
>thousands of people are sitting
>at home sick,scared and suffering
>big time. Maybe thats why
>so many women show up
>for the casting calls. Personaly,
>if I could afford it
>I wouldnt go on the
>show but if I were
>desperate enough and knew that
>I really needed help I
>would be there in heartbeat.
>

You are absolutely correct. If you make 5 cents over the income limit you are not eligible for any "free" benefits. Apparently they are set aside for the illegals and those that choose to stay on welfare to reap these "free" benefits while the rest are hung out to dry. It's a crying shame this is going on in the SuperPower of the World.

I wouldn't think twice about going on the show. In fact, had it not be getting cancelled (supposedly anyway) I was going to send in a tape. This however is the story of my life - a day late and a dollar short! =)

PanchoVilla 39 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "blue collar blonde"
Just to let you know that it is not true the "illegals" are taking your health care. They dont get health care because they would be turned in to the authorites. They do pay taxes though to pay for the war in Iraq. I am getting a PHD in Latin American studies right now and studying that subject intensively. Just another fear your government plants in your head to hate other people...Dont feel bad, I used to think the same thing until I became educated on the situation.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: blue collar blonde"
You must not live in the great state of California because here they do receive state funded health care . Texas also provides health care to illegals along with Florida and Arizona.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

elgin 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail elgin Click to send private message to elgin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: blue collar blonde"
Au Contraire Pierre, Let me tell you the illegals ARE getting free health care. However they don't bother with cheaper alternatives like Doctors. Nope, they go to the ER for slivers, sniffles, cramps, headaches, flu, colds, excessive drunkeness, and every other type of thing serious or very minor. In the U.S. they cannot refuse to treat any patient requesting care. Now, which is cheaper a DOCTOR? or The ER with a doctor? Then there is the additional wait for the paying persons. Illegals are clogging up our system. In our school they are getting free before school tutoring and breakfast, free lunch and free after school tutoring. Now think about WHO is paying for these gratis services. The Taxpayer. I have hit the point in my life where I have no further use for lazy welfare slobs or for illegals. If this sounds heartless too bad. The entitlement mentality is what Antonia suffers from. Generations have been provided for and they don't want to pay their way or clean up their messes. Sad. I work hard for what I have and am sick of giving it away to those who don't want to work or those who don't want to come legally to this country.

04-25-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Queen for a Day"
>And thank you for realizing that
>these women on SO are
>choosing to put themselves out
>there for all to see.
>

I wish I could personally thank all of the SO women for having the guts to put it all out there. They have helped so many other women, myself included.

PanchoVilla 39 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 09:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Queen for a Day"
Cygnus, you are a cool mod, wickedly funny and very astute. Just wanted you to know I appreciate your occasional "add ins", you always give me a laugh!

04-25-06, 08:22 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Has anyone sent a tape or went to an SO casting call?"
>One wonders how totally attention seeking
>and "make me a star"
>desperate a person has to
>be to even WANT to
>air their misery and inadequecy
>on tv? A study
>in humiliation. Wouldn't they
>think for a moment to
>go to a private therapist
>or get in a recovery
>program? I hope the
>show takes a whole new
>tack...Why don't they just take
>the try out for the
>show groups and televise them.
> Can you IMAGINE what
>it is like... no MY
>story is more pathetic than
>yours.... This would be PRIME
>TIME viewing on the tellie.
> Get on it asap
>and get a interesting show
>going. Like the old
>pathetic tv show "Queen for
>a day" where women COMPETED
>to see who was more
>pathetic and tragic. SAD.
> So Sad.

I'm certainly not saying that there weren't a few houseguests who seemed to be on the show only in hopes of getting a break into TV (one of which who will be returning to the house), but for the most part I believe these women needed help and had no other options or at least believed they had no other options. Whatever the case may be, I think it takes a lot of guts to air your darkest secrets and feelings on national TV knowing that you won't be getting a $1 million prize at the end; rather you'll be gaining inner peace and self-respect which is priceless.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-06, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Locking - as off topic as you can get"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-06 AT 06:30 PM (EST)

That's quite enough of this discussion which has zero, zip, nada to do with the original subject. You may continue it . . . in the Off Topic forum.

(I admit I digressed above, but I brought it back on topic.)

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •