The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dr. Stan made me cry"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

standinmytruth 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

04-24-06, 09:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dr. Stan made me cry"
He's comments at Kim's graduation were so thoughtful and moving. After Rhonda said for the millionest time, "you have truly started over." (it has NO meaning at this point!)Dr Stan got up there and talked from his heart.

He is the reason I still watch.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dr. Stan made me cry SeasonedRefinement 04-24-06 1
   RE: Dr. Stan made me cry msbehavin 04-25-06 2
 RE: Dr. Stan made me cry sedonajade 04-25-06 3
   RE: Dr. Stan made me cry sharnina 04-25-06 4
       RE: Dr. Stan made me cry LiveLove 04-25-06 5
           RE: Dr. Stan made me cry standinmytruth 04-25-06 10
           RE: Dr. Stan made me cry Zephyr 04-25-06 14
           RE: Dr. Stan made me cry petmama 04-25-06 17
               RE: Dr. Stan made me cry Twinkles 04-26-06 24
               RE: Dr. Stan made me cry mthome 04-26-06 28
       RE: Dr. Stan made me cry ChristinaJB 04-26-06 25
 RE: Dr. Stan made me cry GoodnightLittleBear 04-25-06 6
   RE: Dr. Stan made me cry alaholly 04-25-06 8
       RE: Dr. Stan made me cry standinmytruth 04-25-06 11
 RE: Dr. Stan made me cry kawyar 04-25-06 7
 RE: Dr. Stan made me cry eire_heart74 04-25-06 9
   RE: Dr. Stan made me cry standinmytruth 04-25-06 12
       RE: Dr. Stan made me cry whistlin_dixie 04-25-06 13
           RE: Dr. Stan made me cry pookieman 04-25-06 15
               RE: Dr. Stan made me cry SeasonedRefinement 04-25-06 16
                   RE: Dr. Stan made me cry GoodnightLittleBear 04-25-06 18
                       RE: Dr. Stan made me cry alaholly 04-25-06 19
                           RE: Dr. Stan made me cry sharnina 04-25-06 20
                               RE: Dr. Stan made me cry redheaded1 04-25-06 21
                               RE: Dr. Stan made me cry GoodnightLittleBear 04-26-06 26
                           RE: Dr. Stan made me cry sedonajade 04-25-06 22
                               RE: Dr. Stan made me cry alaholly 04-25-06 23
                               RE: Dr. Stan made me hot?? PanchoVilla 04-26-06 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-24-06, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I'm with you on this one, SIMT.

A moment of honest emotion...it really stuck out, didn't it? I've said it before and I'll say it again - Dr. Stan's daughters are fortunate young women.

The nicest thing about Dr.Stan's speech was the affect it seemed to have on Kim. She was obviously moved by his vulnerability and she even spoke about it in the confessional afterwards.

What a different woman she would have been if she was raised by a loving, healthy, supportive father.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

msbehavin 69 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-06, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail msbehavin Click to send private message to msbehavin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
>The nicest thing about Dr.Stan's speech was the affect it seemed to have on Kim. She was obviously moved by his vulnerability and she even spoke about it in the confessional afterwards.<

I agree- it seemed to really have an impact on her that Dr. Stan could care so much. I'm glad that she has that moment to take with her.

It makes me so sad for her that she never got even a smidge of that kind of loving compassion from her housemates.

sedonajade 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sedonajade Click to send private message to sedonajade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I'm surprised more people haven't commented on this thread. The last few minutes of SO with Dr. Stan made yet another repetitive graduation ceremony truly authentic and moving. Yeah - I had to go redo my eye make-up.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
This was me at the end of the show.

And then when I looked at the clock and realized I would have to watch more tomorrow, ah, well let's just say I really turned on the water works - I put Jodi to shame.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

LiveLove 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-06, 08:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LiveLove Click to send private message to LiveLove Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
What a moving moment on the SO show. Dr. Stan is a geninue man. Remember a while back when he had mentioned in an article or interview that something is going to happen in the SO house that has never happened? I wonder if that was it? Him crying and getting so choked up.

Very touching. Very moving.

04-25-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail standinmytruth Click to send private message to standinmytruth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
>What a moving moment on the
>SO show. Dr. Stan
>is a geninue man.
>Remember a while back when
>he had mentioned in an
>article or interview that something
>is going to happen in
>the SO house that has
>never happened? I wonder
>if that was it?
>Him crying and getting so
>choked up.
>
>Very touching. Very moving.

i think he actally meant having a mother move in.

Zephyr 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-06, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zephyr Click to send private message to Zephyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I was thrilled to see him so excited to be the object of Kim's crush! If he only knew how many of us feel the same.

>something
>is going to happen in
>the SO house that has
>never happened? I wonder
>if that was it?
>Him crying and getting so
>choked up.

Dr. Stan got very choked up at Josie's graduation, and subsequently has commented occasionally, "Those of you who know me know how emotional I can get". What a sweetie.

And to answer the poster who wondered if he has daughters (in the locked thread), yes, and two of them were on the show last year. Lovely girls. He has five children in all. Super Dad!

Z

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-25-06, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Nothing wrong with Dr Stan's crying. It was his comment about never before having experienced any situation like KIM's that's got me wondering. Child abuse is all too commion. And some have said that others have had worse childhoods than Kim. Dave Pelzer and Stormie Omartian come to mind. In all his years as a therapist, has Dr Stan never dealt with other child abuse victims.

Twinkles 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-26-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Twinkles Click to send private message to Twinkles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
"It was his comment about never before having experienced any situation like KIM's that's got me wondering. "

He paused after that but then added "in the Starting Over house".
It sounded weird to me, too. I watched that part a couple of times because I thought it would be unusual for just the reason you said.

mthome 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-26-06, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mthome Click to send private message to mthome Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Do you think that we (the viewers) really get to know ALL of what Dr. Stan hears from the house guests? He also made the comment about that "and I do know your history"... I think there's a lot that we do not know!

ChristinaJB 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-26-06, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChristinaJB Click to send private message to ChristinaJB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 09:50 AM (EST)

I'm with you Sharnina, I was crying so hard I made audible noises...that's never good, is it?
;o)

What a great man Dr. Stan is. I agree with another poster - I think ratings would SOAR if he was given more time with the HG on camera...unbutton his shirt down a little, mess his hair..dim the lights...Oh, but I digress...
Wink!

hahaha!

Seriously though, what a great man. You know what makes him so attractive? Not just the kindness, but the fact that he IS married and has children - I love to see men that are happily married and secure. It's just really raises my respect for a man.

GoodnightLittleBear 461 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I wish we could see more of Dr Stan interacting with the HGs instead of those 2 bogus LCs. IMO, that would probably bring the ratings up.

alaholly 497 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
The best thing about Stan is that he is actually real. He is calm, reasonable, professional...no drama and "look at me" theatrics. Just a down to earth guy who listens and appears to really care.

Other than the occasional bright velvet jackets and huge turtlenecks he seems to have not let Starting Over make him behave like he's on television.

04-25-06, 03:05 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
amen

kawyar 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-06, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kawyar Click to send private message to kawyar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Dr. Stan in champion, he is. *sniff, dabs at eyes*

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
>He is the reason I still
>watch.

Ditto to that! He's a true class act and anyone that is lucky enough to know him is truely lucky to have him in their life in some way.

04-25-06, 03:07 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
it's amazing how many different types of issues he understands and gets to the root of. wish he had his own show instead of dr. phil

whistlin_dixie 28 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whistlin_dixie Click to send private message to whistlin_dixie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Amen. Stan's the Man!

Beauty fades...Dumb is forever

pookieman 10 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pookieman Click to send private message to pookieman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Dr. Stan had a lot of good advice for Kim. Unfortunately, she probably won't take it to heart. She is so selfish and self-centered, even though she claims to care about others. Thank God she finally graduated. Good riddance. What a shame the way she made Kelly's graduation all about Kim. Typical. Now, if we can only get rid of Toadie. Let her graduate already. I can't take any more of her crying jags. Dr. Stan rules!

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
LOL, Zephyr...I noticed the same thing. Dr. Stan was defintely flattered by Kim's admission of a schoolgirl crush.

Mrs. "Dr. Stan", whoever she may be, must be a pretty special person too. She married a winner. I would imagine that kind of doctor-patient bonding can be difficult to deal with at times - especially when the woman with the crush looks like Kim.

04-25-06, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GoodnightLittleBear Click to send private message to GoodnightLittleBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I'm sure Mrs Dr Stan also got as creeped out as we did over Allison's gushing about his hands. She is definitely a trouper!

04-25-06, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail alaholly Click to send private message to alaholly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Actually those "crushes" creep me out a little. I love Dr. Stan as a man and a therapist and even a father figure but as a date...no way. It's not an age thing either. It's the idea of lusting after an unattainable person in a position of authority. He's their therapist (and a married one at that) not a potential date. And Allison's obsession with his hands was really creepy not to mention inappropriate and somewhat disrespectful. He tried to be a good sport but EEWWWWW.

sharnina 3075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-25-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sharnina Click to send private message to sharnina Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I have a feeling that all of that talk was pretty light-hearted. He seemed to understand that it was all in fun and that the women admire him as a man and appreciate the gentleness they receive from him.

I have a great husband. When my mom first met him she said I should scrape under his nails and send it to her she could get him cloned. We had a good laugh about that. It was a fun way to express how much she liked him. Nothing creepy about that.

He spends considerably more time with them than your average therapist so I would guess that they all develop an easiness with him and vice versa.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34

redheaded1 33 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded1 Click to send private message to redheaded1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
I truly love watching Dr Stan, he seems to be a good Psychologist, a kind and gentle man. But I have to remind everyone that he is one of the people who testified that Michael Jackson was probably NOT a child molester. He said something to the effect that Michael's mind was like that of a young boy and his bahavior was the same curious behavior of any other young boy.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

04-26-06, 10:32 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-06 AT 10:38 AM (EST)

When Allison made the remark about his hands during her graduation, it was really strange. He smiled but he looked rather uncomfortable. She was gushing like a school girl with a crush on her teacher. As clingy and needy as Allison was, I wouldn't be surprised if she was calling him at home. I am sure Dr Stan has come across women like this and for a while, he wasn't coming around very much. Maybe it was due to other engagements or may be it was to separate himself from some of these women.

sedonajade 16 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-06, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sedonajade Click to send private message to sedonajade Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Having a crush on someone unattainable is the perfect scenario. The fantasy is usually far superior to the reality and that makes it all the more fun. I'm all for lusting in the abstract -- with Dr. Stan, especially!

04-25-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Dr. Stan made me cry"
Yes, ya gotta love the fantasy.

But Dr. Stan?!? No thanks!

PanchoVilla 39 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-06, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PanchoVilla Click to send private message to PanchoVilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Dr. Stan made me hot??"
Ewww, he needs to get his teeth fixed. Plus usually doctors are great with their patients and lousy with their families. I bet his a bore at home.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •