The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Mama_Pita 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-21-06, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mama_Pita Click to send private message to Mama_Pita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
would these houseguests who have already been at the house, graduated and return ie: Cassie, Maureen, Allisham,josie If they really did reach thier so called "Goals" then they would have the tools to move forward in life, yet the SO continues to take them back in. I feel that they most definetly had thier chance in life to Start over the first time, and there are sooo many people in this world who actually need the help, There should be a rule in the contract that states "Once you graduate, there is NO TURNING BACK or Coming BACK!"
And then you got the people who come for a week? what does that prove? Now, granted, Someone like maureen who went through that horrible fire needed the support, but Cassie?? She had her chance didnt complete her steps, Graduate and then comes back with the same problem?? Thats just plain laziness.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... pmfmpls 03-21-06 1
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... bentherdunthat 03-21-06 7
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... JustBNMe 03-21-06 10
 RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... eire_heart74 03-21-06 2
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... crazydogg 03-21-06 3
       RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... beautyboyknockout 03-21-06 4
           RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... bentherdunthat 03-21-06 8
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... lovemydogdude 03-21-06 9
 RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... pinksparkleguitar 03-21-06 5
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... imamrs 03-21-06 6
 RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... jonimoni 03-21-06 11
 RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... sillybear 03-21-06 12
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... Baxtera 03-22-06 13
 RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... redheaded1 03-22-06 14
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... justfionablue 03-23-06 15
       RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... Shazbot 03-23-06 16
           RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... AshLanie 03-26-06 17
               RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... Baxtera 03-26-06 18
   RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-26-06 19
       RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... tracysbeans 03-26-06 20
           RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... JustBNMe 03-26-06 21
               RE: I guess the SO house doesnt rea... tracysbeans 03-26-06 22
                   The wrong Cassie pic Cygnus X1 03-27-06 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pmfmpls 149 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pmfmpls Click to send private message to pmfmpls Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
...and that's just plain, ol' Cassie! Her self-concept and any sense of identity is completely wrapped up in her "story." She has a lot invested in staying Tragic Cassie. Otherwise, there's no history, no drama, no tears, etc. She's no mental giant (I'm sure you noticed), and can't comprehend reworking all her stories to be challenges. She flips one trauma for another.

And I agree about the returning houseguests. I mean, I rejoiced when most of them left the first time! LOCK THE DOOR!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-21-06, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
good point pmfmpls..Josie was the same way..in fact most of the women who come (and leave) seem to be invested in remaining "poor little me" They just seem to get a new vocabulary while they are at the SO house.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I don't think the problem is with the SOH or the LC's. It's the HG that are the problem. They want a magic cure without having to do any work to make the changes they need to make. Then in instances like Cassie she returns because she didn't like the answers she was left with in the SOH or in life when she got home. I have to wonder what the LC's really think about some of these HG returning. Cassie for one didn't get it the first time and won't get it this time either. She won't stop until she exhausts everyone and ticks them off to the point where they yell at her to let it go. Then she'll make her little frowning face, bobble her head around and start to cry saying no one loves her, no one understands her, no one knows how hard of a life she has etc. Gag me with a fork De-Bores-Ya used to eat her cotton candy!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-06, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
It's hardly inspiring to see them come back when they have done nothing with their lives other than try to squeak out an extra five minutes of reality fame.

crazydogg 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-21-06, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crazydogg Click to send private message to crazydogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
this is my 1st post, and I just had to say something. Cassie coming back is a total joke. she is the same annoying person she was when she left. But wait...now, she's RENTING a ROOM from someone? And here I thought she had not accomplished anything. How stupid of me.

beautyboyknockout 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-21-06, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beautyboyknockout Click to send private message to beautyboyknockout Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Hi I agree. Some of these woman need deep one on one therapy with a real pro. This life coaching biz should be used with people needing help like in the first season-lighter subject matter like motivation, guidance, job interviews etc. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. The voodoo, mumbo jumbo is a hoot!

bentherdunthat 518 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bentherdunthat Click to send private message to bentherdunthat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I think most of these women would benefit from a good kick in the a$$.

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-21-06, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
>It's hardly inspiring to see them
>come back when they have
>done nothing with their lives
>other than try to squeak
>out an extra five minutes
>of reality fame.

You said it eire_heart74..couldn't agree more. I see it as their last season and they're trying to make happier storybook endings out of their still struggling HG's, it's their last ditch effort. Any HG who would comply has selfish motives attached.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-21-06, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I think it just shows that this is turning into more of a "soap-opera we need ratings fest" than a show to actually help people. Or somebody finally realized that they all let Cassie graduate last time without reaching a dang step and decided to come clean about it. And doesn't it look like she has deteriorated quite a bit? She looks rode hard and put away wet.

imamrs 59 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imamrs Click to send private message to imamrs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Yes! Cassie has not taken good care of herself and continues to live in a fantasy world. How many times does she have to be told that the papers she holds onto are not forged documents?

I keep waiting for Josie to come back when she needs a break from motherhood and a way to get some cash.

My problem with the SO house is that they open all these wounds (new and old) and just try to put a quick fix on things. More and more these ladies are not getting the life skills they need.

jonimoni 136 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jonimoni Click to send private message to jonimoni Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
So now we are supposed to believe that the earth has shifted and Cassie has really changed because she is renting a room??? Now we know that in her 40+ years of life she has never before paid her own way!! Good greif, wow, I am impressed.....and sickened. I realize any step in the right direction is a good thing but this is sort of like having a huge party and renting a hall after your child takes their first poop in the toilet...this cannot even be called a baby step. Why pat her on the back for doing what she is supposed to do and was supposed to do for the last, oh, 25 years or so. I have paid my own way in life, like most of us, where is our tv show....but Cassie can keep John Davidson....give me a little Antonio Banderas, though.

sillybear 84 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-06, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sillybear Click to send private message to sillybear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I say stop letting former houseguests back in!!Let someone new in who wants to try to make a difference in their life.I saw Cassie walk in the house and said omg here we go again!It's worse than watching reruns.GRRRR

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-22-06, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Although I still thought it was silly at least with Maureen she had just had a major tragedy and there was a set limit established on how long she would be there and what was going to happen. It was more like a special guest appearence than redoing SO. It gave her a chance to work through the grief of losing her home, etc. and said that the guests weren't abandoned after SO was over. I was never a huge Maureen fan but as I said her stay was brief and contained unlike Allison's prolonged extended visit.

As for the rest part of the problem is the guests the choose and the foolish goals and preparations they put in place to begin with. Cassie failed the first time because Cassie needed to be forced to face reality or leave instead they graduated her sans GED or job skills. The same thing happened with Josie, no job skills, no ability to support herself but they graduated her anyways. It's about the trophy not about change.

redheaded1 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-22-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redheaded1 Click to send private message to redheaded1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I can't disagree with you more. The Starting over House is a place where these woman can do just that .. start over. These ladies are learning skills and getting tools they never had... and it's a learning process. Not everyone gets life's lessons the first time around and sometimes not even the second. Why wouldn't they be allowed back in the Starting Over house if they needed it, be it a week or 3 months. Cassie did reach her goals... sort of. She wanted to get her GED, which she did and she wanted to meet her son. Which is in reality very much out of her hands. She can't really be blamed for that. I know many people don't have a lot of sympathy for Cassie, but she still deserves the opportunity and the support that Starting Over is giving her. Anyone who is willing to do some soul searching and put in some really hard work, deserves to get that help if it's offreed to them... Cassie included.

"Life's big problems include the words indictment or inoperable, the rest is small stuff"

justfionablue 62 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-06, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail justfionablue Click to send private message to justfionablue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
If Starting Over is supposed to inspire people to deal with their issues successfully and "graduate" into a healthier life, how does dragging the "failures" back for remedial help inspire anyone? Seeing these sad sacks again is discouraging. (And irritating!)

Shazbot 226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-23-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shazbot Click to send private message to Shazbot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I found it funny in a way that Kelly said she wanted to come to the SO house, learn "it" and then go home and really "do it"... as if it was now up to the SO house to fix her life, and that that is the only way to do it. What about the rest of us out here? Certainly we can't believe that being in the SO house is the only way to fix our lives? Otherwise, we're all pretty doomed.

However, I do think these women get further along in their lives, in some way. And I think we, the audience, gain the most - because we can consider the issues without losing our anonymity or dignity. And I think that's why the houseguests get paid.

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 07:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Tagging on:

The first ever houseguest that graduated and came back for more help was season one:

Cassie, the teen, who wanted to go to college. She was one of the orginal six to start of the show.

She did nothing to achieve her goals. Everything was handed to her even a free ride (tuition) for her first year.

She went on to set up a web site asking for donations to keep her going.

She was brought back at the end of season one because once again she was drinking. They brought back the other five houseguests to *help* her in an intervention.

But wait: Christine (one of the original siz) and her (Cassie) drink up a storm in the house the night before the intervention and nothing is said about Christine and an underage Cassie drinking.

The show has been a farce since the female producer died half way through season one.

Think back to all who have graduated or been kicked out....only a handful have actually made it:

Kimberlynn (first ever hosueguest to get kicked out even though she did meet her goal and got praise at BOR only to be told she had 15mins to pack and get out cause she didn't meld with her housemates) has continued on with her life before S.O. but now has her drivers license, which is what she was here for.

The original six, first season, all made it because they were there to begin a new life in a new place but all ahd education and or careers before entering the housee that helped them along or as in Cassie was given a free unearned education.

Since then who has actually started over?

Sommer, who was treated horribly (doesn't matter if she did what they said she was branded from day one with that damn scarlet letter) has gone on to improve herself despite the show's demeaning attitude towards her. In fact she probally is one of the most succesful houseguests to date.

Susan (season one), who is the only one to ever stand up to Rhonda, did atleast meet her Dad and now has a decent relationship with him. Susan stood up to Rhonda when Rhonda wanted her to date and Susan said that's not what I am here for. Good for her..

Sinae (season two) could be considered (imho)a successful graduate. She is the one that has the eye problem. She learned to use a cane and get around independently. But she was already mentally stable and a very smart young lady.

Venessa, season two, did go on to be a successful young lady after graduating. For those that didn't watch season two, she was the almost Olympian in gymnatics that decided she didn't want to be there anymore but felt bad she had let others down.

Erika (season one) who stuck to her goals and tried staying out of the drama. She didn't feel the need to continue being in the public eye oce she graduared.

The others who ahve graduated or been kicked out have not been as successful:

Past stars or relative of one:

Towanda: Never did make it as a solo artist and to boot got arrested soon after leaving the house.

Lynell and Hailey: Rumoured that Lynell's first hubby was one of the producers of John Wayne movies..shrug I never bothered to confrm that rumour. But ahve they changed? NO-They still party and treat each other with disrespect. The way Lynell promoted her daughter on: Date My Mom was horrible....and no, Hailey was not picked cause the guy didn't want a party girl.

Then there were thge ones that eventually admitted to wanting to be either a talk show host, on the radio, or do something in the public eye:

Audry: Wanted to be the first Black/African American female country western singer......She never made it and I feel after producers ec saw her on S.O. they decided to pass on her...she was a Diava in her own mind.

There were atleast three (forgotton who they were) who let it *slip* that they actually wanted to ahve their own talk shows.

Jennifer, season one, I discount her all together. She came into the house to cope preparing for her marriage which was three weeks away. Nice way to get some of your wedding paid for and have others (housemates) do all your preparations.

I could go on but won't.

I am actually glad the show is not being picked up for another season. I can only imagine the drama and garbage that the direction of the show would take. Could it get any worse? I feel it could.

It was a good concept but with the death of the female producer half way through season one made a huge impact on thsi show. She was the driving force behind the show...a female producer heading up a show on self-help for females. After her death, it was a male in charge..that became the downfall of the show.

They brought in ChrisH (halfway through season one) for the soap opera atmosphere and it slowly progressed as one.

Then they begin to bring in past stars to appear on the show to help these ladies? To name two: John Davidson and Della Reese?

Heck, the show was and still is being advertised as a daytime drama.....the intials could even stand for: S (oap) O (opera).

And the ONLY award they ever got was one made up for them..a special award for editing. Editing and they proceede to advertise themselves as an award winning show.....guess one could if one wants to stretch it as such.

I wonder who will *re-appear* before this season is over?

Sad: Such a fantastic concept that went the direction it did...all for ratings....Guess they felt females are dumb and woudn't see the change in direction etc.

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
I think SO could have worked if they had stuck with more simple issues that realistically could have been dealt with instead of the out there issues that really were beyond the scope of SO to deal with. They needed guests with realistic goals around work, changing careers, something they needed to learn how to do, job training, etc.

Sinead was a good example of someone who needed a chance to come to grips with a change in her life and needed support to face the fact she was finally going to need to deal with the issues of being legally blind so she could continue with going to college.

The was the welfare Mom who's name slipped my mind who got a chance to get help getting off welfare and got an office job. While she didn't keep it and ended up moving and getting a bus drivers job, she did learn how to stay off welfare and they taught her practical skills about budgeting, getting an apartment etc.

I think too many of the goals were unachievable, vague and undefinable. Knowing one's authentic self? It's pretty easy to know when you've found a job. Knowing one's authentic self is a life long journey.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-26-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Good post redhead I couldn't agree with you more. Even though these women reach the goals they set in the house life doesn't stop there. There will always be obstacles and roadblocks in life. It's great that SO continues to provide support for the graduates.

I saw Cassie in season 2 and see growth in her. When she first came into the house she was pretty timid and down on herself. Now she seems more hopeful and is actually working on building a positive future for herself. I consider that progress. She had some pretty horrible things happen to her. Many of the issuses Cassie deals with are beyond my imagination so I won't judge her. But I will give her credit for making the effort to change for the better.

I don't see any of the graduates as failures. To me they are successes just for making the decision to work on themselves then following thru by being on the show. Even if they come back for some additional support. Life is hard and everybody needs somebody.

Plus, didn't Cassie say in confessional that she was asked by Rhonda to come back.

tracysbeans 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tracysbeans Click to send private message to tracysbeans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
Why is Cassie1 shown on the Starting Over site?? Is she coming back?? (She's shown along with the other current houseguests)

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
No she is not coming back it's an error

tracysbeans 6 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-06, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tracysbeans Click to send private message to tracysbeans Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I guess the SO house doesnt really work otherwise why"
>No she is not coming back
>it's an error

Oh I guess they put the wrong Cassie up huh?

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "The wrong Cassie pic"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-06 AT 04:49 PM (EST)

is being discussed in another thread in this forum.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •