The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-13-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Remember way back when Tess threw a plate and there was an emergency meeting? The ladies of the SOH said that they didn't feel "safe" with Tess in the house. They went to Las Vegas, and Layne didn't even want to share a hotel room with Tess. Tess was determined "out of control" and was on probation and would be OUT if the other women didn't feel safe. Remember that? Flash forward: KIM was physically ABANDONED by her mother, and physically ABUSED by her father! Now? Kim's MOTHER is invited to the SOH?? as a HG? What happened to the housemates "safety first?" Tess gets asked to leave because of immaturity. BUT, Kim's MOTHER gets invited to live there?? WTH? Mind you, Kim is not one of my favorite HG's. HOWEVER, I think there is a HUGE discrepancy between "we are afraid of Tess" and "Kim's mother is our new HG!" WHAT ABOUT KIM'S feeling of "safety?" And BTW: Where is Layne? Wouldn't she remember all this? Wasn't she supposed to continue living in the SOH? (I guess that worked out well)
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... shawnar 03-13-06 1
   RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... TheMommy 03-13-06 2
       RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... justfionablue 03-13-06 3
           RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... SOWayz 03-17-06 17
       RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... SeasonedRefinement 03-13-06 5
           RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... SOWayz 03-16-06 13
 RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... LIVEURBESTLIFE 03-13-06 4
   RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... patacake 03-15-06 10
 RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... eire_heart74 03-14-06 6
   RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... kelb 03-16-06 11
 RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... petmama 03-14-06 7
   RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... EMTBGRL 03-14-06 8
       RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... tac_2 03-14-06 9
           RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... Zoey 03-16-06 12
               RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... EMTBGRL 03-16-06 15
 RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... Alpharedhead 03-16-06 14
   RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... EMTBGRL 03-16-06 16
   RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... petmama 03-17-06 18
       RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... dopeydwarf 03-19-06 19
           RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe... Baxtera 03-20-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-13-06, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Yes, I thought the same thing. What about Kelley saying she could kick Jodi's a$$ with her mouth alone or Lisa1 and all her threats and calling the woman B!tches. Boy we have really come along way from last season. I think they were there to help people last season. This season its all about the ratings.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TheMommy 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-13-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheMommy Click to send private message to TheMommy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
LAST EDITED ON 03-13-06 AT 09:41 PM (EST)

Regarding Melinda coming into the house, I personally think this is the only way Kim is really going to be heard by her mom and get things resolved. This mother-daughter issue was so big, I don't think it could have been resolved any other way. However, I am sure if Kim said no way, ain't gonna do this, they probably would not have forced it. (JMO.)

Regarding Lisa 1 calling every one B******, I still cannot believe that happened. A "house" with any amount of "Integrity" would not allow such a thing. Along with feeling safe, all HG should be given a certain amount of respect and I for one would have made it clear, it is unacceptable to be called such a name in such a place.

I am sure the LC's would tell any one of those women they should not tolerate a spouse or partner calling them names like that. Why would it be ok in the SO?

I don't get it.

justfionablue 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-13-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justfionablue Click to send private message to justfionablue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
I agree. Everyone should be treated with respect. ESPECIALLY in the SO setting. No name calling. Period. And no HG's threatening other HG's. If these women don't have the class or self control to follow such basic standards, then the LC's should step in and either throw out the offenders or put them on probation.

However SO has sunk to such a low level that they seem to almost encourage arguing and disrespect in the hope that there will be one big screaming cat fight. Very sad.

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Kim is not safe. She was ambushed by the producers, the housemates all "sided" with her "sweet" mother, she was vilified for not being able to revert back to an eight-year-old and jump up and down at the thought of riding a pony, she had to endure two hours of a VERY strange massage, and then her housemates all gossiped and name-called behind her back. All this while she was terrified at the thought of losing the only stability she has, her husband. She will withdraw, it's the only safe thing for her to do.

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-13-06, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Oh, I think the show would just love to catch a good cat fight. They are setting the climate for it too...they know the type of gossip that is going on in that house. It's brutal! I've heard way too many times things like: "she's a f***ing psyco", "she's a #####", etc. (and all is apparently forgiven as these "sisters for life" just about recite poetry to each other as they graduate)

I used to wonder how they could consider this house a "sacred" place of healing when oftentimes it sounded like a bar room or a high school locker room. Why the LC's don't address the gossip fests, whispering campaigns, and the derragatory verbal assaults is beyond me. With all the meta-physical, self-love dialouge that goes along with the forked tongues, the show gets to pride itself as being "quality" tv, not like the trashy talk shows; but they get the added benefit of appealing to those who appreciate a "Springeresque" twist on things.

So are they really "safe"? Well, Lisa was pretty vile with her mouth - but I think she's been the recipient of more slaps than she delivered...Jill was scary, but not fast enough to be a real threat (i.e., easy to outrun)...but, Kelly? Well, apparently, she "loves" Kim (even though she just said in group that Kim had evil intentions), and since Melinda caused Kim so much pain...well...Kelly was baring her teeth. I think I'd watch my back if I were Melinda.

SOWayz 179 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOWayz Click to send private message to SOWayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Kim doesn't feel safe, how could she? Everyone is talking behind her back, and everyone seems to have sided with her "sweet mother". Kim was ambushed, and is withdrawing, just like she has always done, because she truly can't trust anyone.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings

03-13-06, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
I agree there has been a lack of respect, concern, and compassion between the HG this season. But I think the reason why Lisa1 and Kelley were not called out for their behavior is because none of the ladies spoke up. When TJ said Lisa1 should go home Rhonda made it out to be about TJ.(JMHO)Plus, I personally don't think the women in the house now are as willing to reach out to each other and really share their feelings about each other in a healthy way. They tend to gossip and judge alot.(JMHO)Kelley's comment was made in confessional not to Jodi's face I think so really nobody knows she said it except the audience and of course production.

In the Tess situation, Layne spoke up in group I think it was. She was the one who said she felt unsafe. Then the other ladies admitted this too. Also, there was some ongoing tension between she and Tess. Apparently, Tess was hostile towards Layne much of the time because Layne looked like the woman who had an affair with Tess's husband. I don't think Layne knew this initially but once she brought up the feeling of being unsafe and why she felt that way Tess admitted the reason why she treated Layne with hostility.

Also, Layne was only supposed to stay in the house after her graduation for the season 2 HM. Or at least that's how remember it. I could be wrong and maybe she was supposed to be there this season as well.

patacake 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail patacake Click to send private message to patacake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Layne was supposed to become SO's attorney and legal aide.
I've wondered when one of the HMs might sue SO and staff. Some of the HMs complained about the lack of privacy in the SOH (after leaving).
I don't get why the lights are still on when everyone goes to bed-- "life has never been this real"?

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-14-06, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
I totally agree with you. I frankly didn't think Tess was really going to hurt anyone but the dishes but if that's enough for someone to feel unsafe, then you have to go! (and frankly her excuse that Layne looked like the woman her hubby had the affair with sounded like a load of bull to me. If Dr Stan said he felt unsafe, she probably would of used the safe excuse just so she cound stay on the house and on tv!)

Lisa 1 language and Kelly's is verbally abusive. Here these women are trying to connect with their rawest feelings and they are being called the b word left right and center and being told that their butts will be kicked with Kelly's mouth alone. (although she did make that comment alone in the confessional but her rage is very present daily so I wouldn't doubt her breaking)

This show went very cheap this year. It was on a slow decline last year and it really went into the toilet this year. They insult their loyal viewers with the ratings attempts they have had on this year.

kelb 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-16-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelb Click to send private message to kelb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
You are soooo right. I heard a rumor that there were some production company changes this year.

Perhaps that is the reason why they are struggling to get picked up by a network for another season.

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-14-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
I'd feel a lot safer sharing a house with Tess than I would with some of this season's psychob!tches.

03-14-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Exactly my point.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings

03-14-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Personally, the only way I'd feel 'safe' in SOH is if I could bring my own coach and perhaps, bodyguard.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
As for what Kelly said, I don't think Jodi felt threatened by it (even if she didn't hear it). Also, she did threaten Jodi with her mouth, not physical violence.

Tess was physically violent (with the plate) and although I wouldn't have taken it so seriously, other people might not be used to that kind of behavior, especially in an environment that was supposed to be supportive.

I feel that Tess took it out on the plate and that is very different than taking it out on another person, however, she did show that she wasn't "getting it". I think SO was right in telling her to leave but mostly because she didn't get it, not because of her violent outbursts, just the same I think Lisa1 should have been asked to leave long before she was.

03-16-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
>Also, she
>did threaten Jodi with her
>mouth, not physical violence.

Threatening someone with words is still a verbal assault. The problem is in the word "threaten." A verbal assault is sometimes a cue that a person can escalate to physical violence. In the SOH, I think there is WAYyyy too much leeway with what is NOW considered "acceptable behavior." Of course, it's hard to justify HG's acting like jerks when the LC's are asking them to participate in excercises that are demeaning and humiliating!
>
>Tess was physically violent (with the
>plate) I feel that Tess took it
>out on the plate and
>that is very different than
>taking it out on another
>person, however, she did show
>that she wasn't "getting it".
>I think SO was right
>in telling her to leave
>
If Tess should have been thrown out for throwing a plate, Lisa1 should have been thrown out for yelling "B*tches!" up the stairs at the other HG's because she couldn't cut a lime herself or make salsa without help!! We are on the same page with "Lisa1 should have been asked to leave earlier"

and, how!

Alpharedhead 138 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-06, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpharedhead Click to send private message to Alpharedhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
I think the difference was that Tess threw the plate AT (or close enough to to be dangerous) Layne. When Kelly said what she said, it was in the privacy of the confessional. As for their shouting match, I don't think Jodi was particularly victimized -- she gave as good as she got.

It was juvenile, but I never sensed that Kelly was on the verge of grabbing one of the kitchen knives. I was... but Kelly wasn't....

Fear not... The biggest danger in the SO house this season is that somebody might die of boredom.

~AR~

03-16-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
>Fear not... The biggest danger in
>the SO house this season
>is that somebody might die
>of boredom.
>
>~AR~

RIGHT ON!

petmama 494 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-17-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail petmama Click to send private message to petmama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Tess didn't throw the plate at Layne or anyone else. She didn't throw it, period. She slammed it down on the coffee table. After Dr Stan had insinuated that her account of having been molested was untrue. At least her account of molestation was far more consistant that Lisa1's ever changing one.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
no.I think she tossed it on the floor.
Anyway, the reason I thought she was yukkywas because she left that crap all over the place, and wouldn't clean it up. and could she EVER belabor a point!!Heavens!!Wouldn't let anything go, just kept harpin'...I pity her husband.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-20-06, 08:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Anyone else think "Feeling safe" is out the window at SOH? "
Regardless of what Tess did or didn't do to the plate one of the things that was stressed since season 1 was that SO House be a place of saftey for the guests to be able to express themselves, share themselves, and experience what were often scarey and painful emotional break throughs (for some guests) knowing they were in a safe environment to do so. It wasn't just supposed to be physically safe from flying plates but safe from hostile attacks and I do remember not just Tess but others being called to answer for their behavior until they realized that fights sell.

That to me was a powerful statement that you had to have a safe environment. Now they jump over each others sharings in group, they swear at each other, call each others names. The LC's participate as much in the abuse as the HG as TJ came to find out. It's all about ratings and no longer about SO.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •