The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rhonda's fixation on Kim's childhood"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lanna42 263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-14-06, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lanna42 Click to send private message to Lanna42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rhonda's fixation on Kim's childhood"
I tried posting a similar thread to this in the Individual Houseguests forum but my thread was locked.Evidently LC discussions belong here.My mistake.Have read through all the threads here and don't see anything regarding Rhonda's handling of Kim. So here goes.

I certainly get that Kim needs to confront her past and express repressed emotions about her abuse.But I don't get why Rhonda insists on treating her like a child.She has had her re-create her childhood in the playhouse and wallow in it.She's had her blow up a giant photo of herself as a child to put on display. There has been an almost endless reiteration of her childhood trauma's. The timelines of childhood events.We've heard her Mother reiterate her childhood.But about building for Kim a picture of herself as a powerful,grown up woman almost nothing.Kim is not a child anymore she's an adult.She can CHOOSE whether or not to allow abusive people into her life.She is responsible for her own happiness and her own words and actions.Her husband and child who are her life now merit barely a footnote.While the alcoholic Mother who abandoned her gets the floor for five days. Dr. Stan put it best today when he said "We can't rewrite the past." So why fixate on it endlessly. As long as Kim and others treat her like a misunderstood,pitiful victim she will remain one. She needs to take back her power and lose the victim role.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rhonda's fixation on Kim's chil... Bebo 03-14-06 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Rhonda's fixation on Kim's childhood"
I wasn't the mod who locked it, but I'll bet it was locked because there's already a lengthy discussion in progress on Kim's childhood on the Individual Houseguest forum. Please join that discussion instead of starting new threads about the topic.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •