The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Would You Go On the Show?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

flexy633 234 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-10-06, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flexy633 Click to send private message to flexy633 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Would You Go On the Show?"
Just wondering how many of you would be willing to go on the program and have your "dirty laundry" aired? The more I think about it and the more I read on the boards, there is NO WAY I would be on any reality t.v. program! For one, I know I would be here reading all the crap (or good things) said about me no matter how hard I tried NOT to read it! Secondly, I wouldn't want people knowing every tidbit of my life and posting on the message board what they have found out about me. Many of you are great detectives!

Believe me, I enjoy reading the posts about the show and various houseguests. But, man oh man, I think I would have to be nutso to go on the show and expose myself like that!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? beckettrep 01-10-06 1
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? flexy633 01-10-06 2
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? PoohRocks 01-10-06 3
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? flexy633 01-10-06 4
           RE: Would You Go On the Show? PoohRocks 01-10-06 6
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? lovemydogdude 01-10-06 5
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? flexy633 01-10-06 7
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? horsewhisperer 01-10-06 9
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? Cleverone 01-10-06 10
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? Kaymoor 02-16-06 44
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? SOAddikt 01-10-06 8
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? lovemydogdude 01-11-06 15
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? flexy633 01-11-06 18
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? kelb 01-10-06 11
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? Sues 01-10-06 12
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? kelb 01-11-06 13
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? Kattrikk 01-11-06 14
 LC's Disrespectful of new HG's SOfan0221 01-11-06 16
   RE: LC's Disrespectful of new HG's flexy633 01-11-06 19
       RE: LC's Disrespectful of new HG's OklaBlue 01-11-06 21
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? AshLanie 01-11-06 17
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? flexy633 01-11-06 20
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? Texas_2_step 01-11-06 22
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? happymama 01-11-06 23
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? boop1128 01-11-06 24
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? ayj 01-12-06 25
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? susanrp 01-12-06 26
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? flexy633 01-12-06 27
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? catmagic16 01-12-06 29
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? bearsaresweet 02-16-06 42
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? Yadah 01-12-06 28
 Bump mysticwolf 02-13-06 30
   RE: Bump beckettrep 02-13-06 31
       RE: Bump OklaBlue 02-13-06 32
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? TeacupMom 02-13-06 33
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? SOFANinGA 02-13-06 34
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? justfionablue 02-13-06 35
           RE: Would You Go On the Show? jennifer0801 02-15-06 36
               RE: Would You Go On the Show? SassyBabyGirl 02-15-06 37
                   RE: Would You Go On the Show? shawnar 02-15-06 38
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? Happs45 02-15-06 39
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? Alpharedhead 02-15-06 40
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? startinganew05 02-15-06 41
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? SeasonedRefinement 02-16-06 43
           RE: Would You Go On the Show? lovemydogdude 02-16-06 45
               RE: Would You Go On the Show? SASSI 03-03-06 52
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? imamrs 02-16-06 46
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? creepyoldwoman 02-16-06 47
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? sumner1 02-22-06 48
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? patlynn 02-23-06 49
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? Happs45 03-01-06 50
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? AngelFromValhalla 03-03-06 51
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? lgianna 03-03-06 53
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? GuyStartingOver 03-03-06 54
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? dopeydwarf 03-05-06 55
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? nikkidemus 03-07-06 56
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? GreatWhiteNorth 03-07-06 57
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? speechprof 03-08-06 58
 RE: Would You Go On the Show? abrimmer2 03-08-06 59
   RE: Would You Go On the Show? mhb0125 03-08-06 60
       RE: Would You Go On the Show? speechprof 03-09-06 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-10-06, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would LOVE to go on the show for numerous reasons, the least being I would LOVE to be the one to show these so-called Life Coaches (aka wannabee therapists) that a LOT of what they expect these women to do is actually doing more HARM than GOOD -

I would also like to be the FIRST to refuse to stand on some street corner in LA and humiliate myself in whatever manner the LC would choose considering they seem to really get off on having housemates humiliate themselves. Needless to say they would probably call an emergency BOR in less than a week and I would be not so kindly shown the door (boo-hoo) but at least I would have a day or two to get my licks in .

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-10-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flexy633 Click to send private message to flexy633 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
LMAO! You would probably end up being the most LOVED houseguest in SO history!!!!

PoohRocks 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-10-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PoohRocks Click to send private message to PoohRocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
No thanks. I have a hard enough time keeping myself in check in my own "reality" much less putting it out there for everyone to see.

That having been said, I think that the people who choose to do these shows know what they may be required to do. If their need for exposure is so great that they are willing to risk their integrity and the respect of their hometown community, then go for it. Likewise, be prepared for some serious backlash from the general audience.

Julia Roberts gets paid $20 million per movie and look what she has to put up with. But, she's still making movies, right?

01-10-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Yes, but look at how many people love Julia Roberts! Can you imagine if you were Allison or Lisa and saw what was being said about you? I don't think I'd be able to survive it. Or I'd be kicked off every message board related to the show because I would be getting on there defending myself.

PoohRocks 30 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PoohRocks Click to send private message to PoohRocks Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
There was a time, I'm sure, that Julia Roberts took everything said about her to heart.

Over time, she has learned to ignore most of the trash in the tabloids. Same principal applies to the women of the SO house.

If you don't think you can handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-10-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I have ever so briefly thought about going there, I have some issues that would be new to the house. (my husband went to prison for years..history of drugs, now after all that's happened we are trying to reconsile our family and it's very hard) I talk very openly about my past anyways..why not on tv as long as it might help someone else out there with similar issues?..

As I said...I BRIEFLY thought about this. Since this brainfart I've come back to reality and know I could personally never do it. I don't trust the therapy enough, and would be too afraid they'd rake me over the coals.

I admire the women so much for actually doing it! I think it takes alot of guts. For those who are there for mere tv exposure..karma will get them. For the others who are genuine..I commend them. Thus..my signature (thanks ET)

01-10-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Wow, sorry to hear about the issues you have! I'd say, stay off that show! You'd have to deal with IV falling on the floor and making a spectacle of herself at your expense.

While I do enjoy watching the show, I think they can easily make a mess out of someone in a short amount of time!

horsewhisperer 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-10-06, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail horsewhisperer Click to send private message to horsewhisperer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I tend to challenge authority and tell it like it is, so I'd be out the door right after you beckettrep! Gotta love it!
Dana

Cleverone 759 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cleverone Click to send private message to Cleverone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
>I tend to challenge authority and
>tell it like it is,
>so I'd be out the
>door right after you beckettrep!
> Gotta love it!
>
>
>
>
>
>
> My problem would have to be all consuming and I would have no place else to go and "REALLY" wanting to start completely over because when I left the show I probably wouldn't have anywhere to go, either....IF I MADE IT PASS THE INTERVIEW and THE STORY TELLING EPISODES ...I don't think I'd last as far as you two...I'm too vocal and challenge authority as well.

I admire the women who have stepped up to the plate and done so, though. It takes a lot of guts!

"I walk in my own shoes..."

Kaymoor 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-16-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kaymoor Click to send private message to Kaymoor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would love to go to the SO house. It would be a great adventure. But, the camara thing? Someone vidio taping me
snoring in bed asleep? I could never do that. I am way too paranoid for live TV. If it was not a TV program and just
a place for starting over help like a rehab format thing I would
pay them to let me be there.

Kaymoor

SOAddikt 96 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAddikt Click to send private message to SOAddikt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-10-06 AT 08:59 PM (EST)

There is NO WAY I'd do this show or any other reality show where the contestants are followed day and night.

My friend works for an organization that has a lot of contact with reality show writers (I'm being intentionally vague here) and here is how the editing works:

Producer: "Tell us why you hate Jim"
Contestant: "I don't
Contestant: "I don't
Contestant (angrily): "I'm not going to tell you that I hate Jim"
3 months later, we turn on the TV to see the contestant say (angrily): "I hate Jim" and cuts in a completely unrelated shot of contestant making an ugly face, next to a shot of Jim walking out of the room on a totally different day.

The contracts that you have to sign to appear on these shows are so airtight, that EVERY WORD you utter, in any order, becomes their property.

That, combined with every frame they shoot of you, means that for the duration of the shoot, you are owned by a television production company, and they can manipulate your image and words to their purpose.

It's a risk I would never, ever take.

01-11-06, 04:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 04:10 AM (EST)

So true SOAddikt
Getting more frustrated by the day I see evidence to this fact. If they keep this up it won't be long and no one will want to shine their humble face on their show. This is not what I initially felt was the intent of the show and I am very disappointed. Once again I want to commend the ladies that do put their lives on our thread-line. hence my signature (thanks ET you rock..)

01-11-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
And this completely explains why TJ and Jill are being made to look like idiots.

Nope, especially after reading this (and I do believe it to be the honest to God truth), I would NEVER appear on this or any other reality show.

Jerri from Survivor was one of the first reality show women to be hated beyond hated. I knew she was a good person, felt it in my bones. She rubbed people the wrong way like TJ did. She made no excuses, but did talk openly about the editing and how she isn't the person they portrayed her to be. Even people on the show said that what you saw on television was not the Jerri we know and love.

However, many people cannot open their minds and realize that what we see in an hour is not what's happening for real in that house.

kelb 81 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-06, 08:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kelb Click to send private message to kelb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
To go on the show is not only to air your dirty laundry but then to have no control how they edit and portray your story later. No thanks, seems too risky to me.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-10-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I couldn't go because I don't think my relatives could handle knowing how much they suck....

kelb 81 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kelb Click to send private message to kelb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Good point. I can only imagine how some of those poor family members feel.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-11-06, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Hell NO, flexy!

SOfan0221 828 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOfan0221 Click to send private message to SOfan0221 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "LC's Disrespectful of new HG's"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-06 AT 07:29 AM (EST)

I would not go on the show, not that I don't need to improve areas of my life but because I don't want my dirty laundry out there flapping in the breeze known as SO.

And while we are contemplating the possibilities of being on SO, am I the only one who thought both Rhonda and Iyanla were very disrespectful to the new Lisa while she was telling her story. When did the LC's start making fun of new houseguests? What happened to listening respectfully as someone told their story and then calling them out on their stuff with love? When Deborah acted out in group she was called on it, immediately. Both LC's yesterday acted retarded. No wonder the new Lisa is having second thoughts. I would have gotten up and left then and there.

01-11-06, 02:01 PM (EST)
19. "RE: LC's Disrespectful of new HG's"
SOFan, I would have frosted their faces by getting up and saying, "This isn't professional, you two are acting very immature, and grow up already!" Then, I would have left. Of course, they would have edited me saying something totally out of context. LMAO

I wonder if anyone has walked off the show and they just never showed it? Anyone know?

Also, I have to agree about Rhonda and IV. Talk about high schoolish antics! Rhonda whispering in IV's ear, IV falling on the floor like an idiot (did she really think this was funny???), and the way they talked to new Lisa was appalling.

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-11-06, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: LC's Disrespectful of new HG's"
That was Tues 1-10, today 1-11 Iyanla seemed a lot more professional. Except outside when she asked Kim a question and didn't say a word (that we heard) to nuLisa.

I don't remember that Rhonda was even on air today.

Yesterday's "dramatic scene" with IV and RB was so far out of normal, you have to wonder if they had been into some weed?

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
>Just wondering how many of you
>would be willing to go
>on the program and have
>your "dirty laundry" aired?
> The more I think
>about it and the more
>I read on the boards,
>there is NO WAY I
>would be on any reality
>t.v. program! For one,
>I know I would be
>here reading all the crap
>(or good things) said about
>me no matter how hard
>I tried NOT to read
>it! Secondly, I
>wouldn't want people knowing every
>tidbit of my life and
>posting on the message board
>what they have found out
>about me. Many
>of you are great detectives!
>
>
>Believe me, I enjoy reading the
>posts about the show and
>various houseguests. But, man
>oh man, I think I
>would have to be nutso
>to go on the show
>and expose myself like that!
>

Oh I would......would be fun....and I so looooove humour.

Problem is I would have a hard time keeping a straight face whenever IV or Rhonda said something.

I would fall over laughing if Rhonda even attempted to make me wear a kids dress or IV had me being spiritual.

Like yesterday's scripted scene of IV falling over and Rhonda catching her...............

That was just too darn funny, slapstick comedy.

I could go into the house as a diagnosed Klepto............just think of the possiblities:

I could *steal* Lisa's arlarm clock (obviously she doesn't use it cause she had a wake up note on her door).

Also, would need my room decorated (Old world junk style)so could *steal* the *art* Chrstina has made. (does she really think the small wreath could go for 30 to 40 dollars a piece)?

To add to my old world junk I could *steal* Jill's manequin....doesn't seem she needs it anymore anyhow.

I could also *steal* all TJ's words and claim them as my own.

Yep, sure would love to be on the show......would make for a VERY intery tell all book also.....course it would have to be sold under the Comedy section.

01-11-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Hey, maybe we should all go on the show just to mess with the LC's heads! LMAO

Texas_2_step 12 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Texas_2_step Click to send private message to Texas_2_step Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I really think that all of those who have alot of guts. I don't think I could do it. But it has help me deal with my issues. I see some of me in several of the HG. To be on TV no way can any amount of money would get me to do that.

happymama 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-11-06, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail happymama Click to send private message to happymama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I actually went to a casting call and thought I wanted to be on the show. I got a good reaction from my story, too. Now I wouldn't ever want to be on. I personally wouldn't want cameras following me around all day. I need some privacy.

boop1128 4 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-06, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail boop1128 Click to send private message to boop1128 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
No way! I would not do the things Rhonda ask them to do. Go up to strange guys and act like a school girl and ask them out or what ever. How long have you been watching? I have missed alot my station quit carring the show.

ayj 6 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ayj Click to send private message to ayj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would love to go on the show. I am at a point in life wher my happiness is more important than what others think about me. I also know that everyone has issues no matter how well they cover them up. I have a personable personality that makes most people comfortable in revealing almost anything. I have listened to people high in the church tell me of their infidelities, drug use, insecurities, you name it. Strangewrs sit and tell me things as if they've know for a lifetime. Even when I go on job interviews the interviewer will end up chatting about family, relationships, beleifs etc... The point I'm tryin to make is I found out through listening that noone can really judge because we all have our secrets. And those of us that are hard on others just keep living your day will come.
The only people that I worried about is my children. I can deal with the flack, but I wonder if they want everyone to know everything about their mother. I have a very close relationship with them and I would be willing to tell them anything about me butthey might not be able to handle the world judging me.

susanrp 2 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail susanrp Click to send private message to susanrp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would Love to go on the show..would I ..No, to have millions of people watching and hearing all of my dirty little secrets would do more harm than good.
What I would like to see happen is more life coaches out there and also to have insurance pay for it, I have been in therapy for quite a few years and I've gotten a lot more out of this show then I ever got from my sessions. I think the whole system needs to be revamped.

01-12-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Some people need therapy which deals more with the past and digging deep to uncover issues. Life Coaching is more goal-oriented and based on the present and future.

The LC's take on too much and aren't qualified to deal with the issues the women in the current house have.

Oh and to the poster who said they would fall over laughing at IV and Rhonda, I would do the same! There is no way they would get me to do some of the exercises they've had the women do this season. The baby outfit - NO WAY. I'd tell Rhonda to shove it up her b*tchy little #####!

catmagic16 3 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catmagic16 Click to send private message to catmagic16 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Hi I know how you feel. I think the reason that the show works is that they challenge you to look inside yourself and face reality with those assingment they assign and the group sesions.

bearsaresweet 6 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bearsaresweet Click to send private message to bearsaresweet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I could probably benefit from being on the show. BUt some of the assignments that they give does not make sense.

Yadah 26 desperate attention whore postings

01-12-06, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yadah Click to send private message to Yadah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I, personally would not; however, I asked some people and they all agreed that if they'd exhausted every other avenue and still were facing "familiar demons" that they'd really consider going on. Although I've had challenges in my life...I've never been so low down there that I couldn't reach out to family, friends, church or get individual counselling if I needed it. It's a hard question...

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-13-06, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Bump"

A Syren Spring

beckettrep 814 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail beckettrep Click to send private message to beckettrep Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Bump"
Are we really expected to believe that these women, given some goofy exercises, can spend what,maybe 6-8 weeks in the house and suddenly all the 'stuff' in their life is 'fixed'?? All this talk about having the 'tools' they need.....what kind of 'tools' did Lisatwit leave with - the pink dress and bonnet?? Her tupperware bowls and jewelry?.... and what is she to do with THAT?? Whenever she feels herself slipping is she supposed to don the dress and bonnet and stand on the corner selling jewelry or should she just put the dress on and throw a tupperware party?? ya, that's the ticket -presto - all better (again). Of course in Lisatwit's case no need to be concerned over her slipping backwards considering she never took a forward step the whole time she was there. As for being on the show - ya, I'd do it - just to be one of the first to stand up to these bozo's (aka LC) and tell them what I REALLY think of their methods and the show in general. I'm sure I'll never get the chance

OklaBlue 1244 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OklaBlue Click to send private message to OklaBlue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Bump"
Beckettrep: "tell them what I REALLY think of their methods and the show in general"

start a thread with that topic...

TeacupMom 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeacupMom Click to send private message to TeacupMom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I had to chuckle cause I would be like that painting in the old haunted house...my eyes following the cameraman wherever he/she went lol! It's tempting, but I can actually visualize how my foibles would be played out to viewers and then if Iyanla took a rolled up newspaper after me and then wanted to wash my hands I might just have to do a no-no on her shoe.

SOFANinGA 13 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOFANinGA Click to send private message to SOFANinGA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-06 AT 10:45 AM (EST)

Teacup you crack me up!
I thought about going on the show, even talked to the family about doing a send in a tape............then I started reading the message boards. Yikes!!!
I would have loved the help the show could offer but I think with all my emotional scars, medical issues, I just couldn't get on the internet for at least a year.
I really admire the determination of the SO Woman for just stepping through the door.

justfionablue 62 desperate attention whore postings

02-13-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justfionablue Click to send private message to justfionablue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
When I first saw the show I thought it would be fantastic to go on SO and immerse myself with a group of supportive women and great coaches and deal with my own laundry list of issues...but then I started really watching the show and NO WAY would I subject myself to all the silly theatrics and goofy unprofessional "help". I would want real therapy not just crazy-designed-for-TV antics like jumping in a swamp, hiding in a box, or being forced to lie on the floor and yell if I wasn't feeling it. Not to mention having the editors dissect everything you say and twist it around for effect. And the way they TRY to get housemates to have conflicts with each other is so annoying. Conflama! And as others have mentioned, having yourself continuously bashed on the internet can't be fun either! *wink*

I think there has to be a little something different about the people who want to do "therapy" on TV?????

jennifer0801 1 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 02:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jennifer0801 Click to send private message to jennifer0801 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Yes, I would go on the show.

I would probably have no family afterwards though. I doubt they would enjoy the idea of airing our "skeletons". However, if it would make me a better person then I would be willing to do it.

As far as everyone saying that they don't feel the show is real. Think about what happens behind the scenes. Do you think we really see whatever doesn't make a good TV program? I doubt it!

SassyBabyGirl 7 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SassyBabyGirl Click to send private message to SassyBabyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would give anything to be on SO show. My life is in a such major limbo and it would let others know the whole truth of who I am. I can sit with a shrink and talk for an hour till I am blue in the face but with SO house I would learn how to reach my goals in life. Even though some of the exercises are silly or so farfatched. At least I can understand the concempt of the skills and the tools I would need to move on. Plus it would be great to be with others houseguests to interact with so we can help and encourage each other to reach our goals and graduate. I rather do that than sit at home alone, waiting for my next appointment when I can really do something productive with my time. Unfortunately I don't have a camera or know anyone who does to send in a tape of me to be cast on the show. But I do learn alot from watching the show. Especially when the LC give everybody the thought of the day to think about and talk about.

shawnar 366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-15-06, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shawnar Click to send private message to shawnar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
No, theres noway I could be away from my kids that long. But I do admire the woman who are willing to put they're selves out there. Takes alot of courage.

Happs45 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Happs45 Click to send private message to Happs45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I live in a small town--23,000 people in the entire county. Here, everyone pretty much already knows everyone's dirty laundry--or they think they do. If my daughters wouldn't be ashamed--or my parents--I'd go in a heartbeat--they just don't take people from Kentucky apparently!

Alpharedhead 138 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-15-06, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Alpharedhead Click to send private message to Alpharedhead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I'm a blogger -- all my dirty laundry is aired. I'd be more worried about unflattering camera angles.

~AR~

startinganew05 14 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-06, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail startinganew05 Click to send private message to startinganew05 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would go on the show just to bring some unreal drama to it. Be the first "Omarosa" of SO. I'd butt heads with IV, Rhonda and the houseguests for the heck of it, then go into confessional and boo-hoo that everyone is against me. Hey, wait a minute, someone is already doing that. Darn it!!!

SeasonedRefinement 1248 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SeasonedRefinement Click to send private message to SeasonedRefinement Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-06 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

Sometimes I look at that gorgeous California scenery and I think, "Oh...I'm jealous". But then I realized that those feelings are much more prevalent while looking out the window at the cold, dead landscape in January than in May or June. I hate winter and SO never faces winter...not a REAL winter anyway.

And there have been several groups of women - not the last group - who seemed to have a lot of fun being there. The laughter, the comraderie, the outings, someone to focus on me and my goals...sounds good.

But when I put that stuff on the scale and weighed it against the stuff I know I would hate...the possibility of rooming with a really loud snorer (don't laugh - it happened when I delivered my second baby and I wanted to smother my hospital roommate to make it stop), sharing a bathroom with a stranger, living with people who may be absolute slobs or have distasteful personal habits, embracing assignments I thought were ridiculous and/or based in humiliation, involving family members' reputations who didn't sign up for the show, signing a contract that would enable the editors to turn me into a character that I wasn't, living with a Lisa or an Allison, and the possibility of being filmed BEFORE my two cups of coffee in the morning...well that stuff overrides gorgeous weather, pep talks, and fun. Besides that, I don't know if I could find a reason to go. I would feel like I was taking a spot that someone else really wanted or believed they needed. I really like my life - I don't want to start it over.

So, for now, I'll just wait until May with it's warm breezes and lilac bushes. Spring is usually the only starting over I need - well that and this board. You guys are great.

02-16-06, 04:09 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
excellent post as always Seasoned!
Very good points, well said.
The friendships might be fun..but it would be hella work developing them. Seems like it would be hard enough to work on your own issues let alone have to coexist with God knows who (they let in the house with you) I've come to the conclusion it's fun to watch but I'd certainly never want to go there lol. Hang on..Springs a coming

SASSI 110 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SASSI Click to send private message to SASSI Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
shaking heard side to side...no no no...lol

imamrs 59 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail imamrs Click to send private message to imamrs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I think about it now and then. I think the lcs open wounds and put a band-aid on them. So, I figure most who leave the show need to continue counseling. I would hate to see myself ridiculed ( my skin is not that thick) on a site like this. So, now, if I am going to start over I will do it privately!!

creepyoldwoman 104 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail creepyoldwoman Click to send private message to creepyoldwoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Nope. I would not go on the show. Although I would so enjoy trashing people who wronged me in the past on national tv, I would hate the assignments that some of the women are given where they have to go out into the general public and ask them personal questions. I don't think I could do that.

However, if they had something like a long workshop that wasn't televised, I would consider that when my kiddos got a little older.

sumner1 5 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-06, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sumner1 Click to send private message to sumner1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-06 AT 10:28 PM (EST)

WITHOUT A DOUBT. I AM A WANNABE STARTING OVER HOUSE GUEST!!

patlynn 9 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-06, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail patlynn Click to send private message to patlynn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
If I were inclined to participate I still wouldn't ....

First let me say I think the life coaches and Dr Stan are great people, yes I may not agree with style, but bottom line I feel they are not setting "assignments" off the top of their heads, but talking to specialists etc.

I feel the producers of the show exploit the women that go on..

UNLESS these women are being paid a salary and not just room and board, I can't see it any other way.... the editing seems standard

woman comes in
woman seems nice
tells her story
oooo others are wary
woman has her first witch behavior
oooo others talk....
woman fights the process
woman has revelation (of course Lisa 1 is the exception God Bless her!... but then again WHO KNOWS .... Editing)
(Half the time...Woman reaches for a celebrity job) (this one bugs me... Yes I need a fuller life!)
Woman has family visit UH graduations around the corner!(of course some exceptions)
Woman has final test
and yes she graduates. And considering that at least soap stars make a living wage... I'd say the sponsers are abit skimpy of the grad gifts!

Again I really believe the life coaches. The have just as much out of their control once the film is in the editing room.

SOOOOO NO I would not!

Happs45 9 desperate attention whore postings

03-01-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Happs45 Click to send private message to Happs45 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
50. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I would go on that show in a heartbeat!!! I'm a high school teacher, single mom of 2 teenage daughters, currently being treated for depression in the rural capital of the world--Kentucky. Depression is this state's secret disease--still. I live in a small town, so everyone know's everyone's business--and I have been so humiliated admitting I was battling depression. I would give ANYTHING to be on that show! I know that show is not that answer, but to have a group of women who experience something similar to you--no matter how many skeletons you have in your closet, and to get true help, would be a Godsend! I know most of ya'll live in urban cities, but some of us watching live in small, judgemental towns. Even though I have 2 master's degrees, and am a professional, this is still the most embarassing thing I've ever encountered--just due to the stigma attached. Get me a seat--I'll go tomorrow! Happs

AngelFromValhalla 14 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AngelFromValhalla Click to send private message to AngelFromValhalla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
>Just wondering how many of you
>would be willing to go
>on the program and have
>your "dirty laundry" aired?
> The more I think
>about it and the more
>I read on the boards,
>there is NO WAY I
>would be on any reality
>t.v. program! For one,
>I know I would be
>here reading all the crap
>(or good things) said about
>me no matter how hard
>I tried NOT to read
>it! Secondly, I
>wouldn't want people knowing every
>tidbit of my life and
>posting on the message board
>what they have found out
>about me. Many
>of you are great detectives!
>
>
>Believe me, I enjoy reading the
>posts about the show and
>various houseguests. But, man
>oh man, I think I
>would have to be nutso
>to go on the show
>and expose myself like that!
>

I feel much the same way. Howver, sometimes the best way to get your life straight is to speak the truth, put it out there and deal with the mess. Some people run around with "rose colored glasses."

lgianna 32 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lgianna Click to send private message to lgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I thought I wanted to be on SO... It is one of my favorites. I thought it would be great to present myself with new challenges every day, stretch my own physical and mental boundaries, live in a houseful of women and bond with each other, and then I remembered, "Oh yeah, I did that in basic training for the Army!!"... and basic training is something I DO NOT want to repeat!!!

Attitude isn't everything but it helps

GuyStartingOver 79 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-06, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GuyStartingOver Click to send private message to GuyStartingOver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
>I feel much the same way.
> Howver, sometimes the best
>way to get your life
>straight is to speak the
>truth, put it out there
>and deal with the mess.
> Some people run around
>with "rose colored glasses."

Well said. I've seen some great arguments for and against. The only way you can ever deal with your own personal mess is to face it and stop sweeping it under the carpet. I have to do this completely alone, as my family has not lived the life I have, and has no understanding for the healing that I've been trying to do. Because I work from home, I never see anyone besides clients and don't have that friendship base that could provide me with "leaning posts". Then again, the journey is mine and mine alone to take. It would be great to have coaches who - despite their own faults and occasionally misguided efforts - really are in your corner. It would be great to be surrounded by a few guys who are also trying to deal with their lives (instead of being the stereotypical guy and ignoring them or pretending like their problems aren't really there) with whom to share supportive opportunities.

On the other hand, SeasonedRefinement said it best in post #43 - it would be involving family members' reputations who didn't sign up for the show. Personally, aren't you a little surprised that nobody has been sued for slander or defamation of character yet?? Even if it's all true, people don't like to be made to look bad. Someone in this thread once said that they would never ever go out with a guy who had been on SO. That's their choice to make, but I personally would think it would be better to go out with someone who has already cleaned his closet than with someone whose closet is still full of skeletons and cobwebs. JMHO.

Bottom line is that I think the same fears that are being expressed in this thread are the very reason why we went most of the season before we knew about Jill's dad & stepdad and all of the abortions and stuff.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-06, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
55. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Hell, no i won't go!!I would not subject myself to a public portrayal of my problems. Besides, i would be forever concerned about what i looked like.!!!!
If they had houses all over the US, and it was a real program (not a TV one) I think it would be good for many.
I have been hospitalized 3 times for major depression and the people I met there kept coming back. I wouldn't have put any of us on TV. My roomate for one of my hospitalizations was a psychologist who was also a cutter. We had several group sessions during the day--we took care of each other. We wouldve been protective of each other if we were on TV. None of this running around hating each other. It was fully expected that we were a part of each other's therapy.
That TV stuff is not really a workable thing to me. Seems like alot of the guests reverted back to their old selves. Like Dumb assAllison used to say --they didn't get it.

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

nikkidemus 186 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nikkidemus Click to send private message to nikkidemus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
We sound a lot alike Guy. I also dont have anyone that I am close to enough with to discuss any of my problems. I considered going on the show, mainly because I am a very open person and honestly I am not ashamed of anything, so the skeleton thing doesnt bother me at all. What would bother me is having to talk about things that could possibly hurt other peoples feelings. I guess that is one of my main problems, confronting others who have hurt me. I just usually bury my pain and no longer associate myself with them. Whats really sad is that most of them are family and we no longer have relationships with each other. So life has become quite lonely at times but after so many years I have become used to it I guess. I would like to go to a starting over place, but not on television.

GreatWhiteNorth 75 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-06, 07:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GreatWhiteNorth Click to send private message to GreatWhiteNorth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Sometimes i've thought that I could really use something like SO in my life, I have a lot of things that need changing. The way SO is, they find all your skeletons in your closet and demand that you deal with whatever whichever way THEY decide, no questions or "resistance" allowed. That would not work for me. I haven't spoken to my father in...17 years and there is no way in hell that I am going to start because a lifecoach was determind that I would. There are some things that just are the way they are.

speechprof 50 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speechprof Click to send private message to speechprof Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
You know, even conisidering all that's been said in this thread, I'd go on the show if it meant there'd be a Season 4!!! And frankly, I'm as "screwed up" as anyone (tee hee), with the creative editing we've witnessed this season, I could be a very compelling HG!! Just a thought. . . .

abrimmer2 3 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail abrimmer2 Click to send private message to abrimmer2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I think it would be an amazing experience, but.....I would be VERY concerned on how it would affect my family, especially my kids. A lot of my issues have to do with family and I certainly wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings and you know how the coaches love to drudge up the past! I guess it's a good thing, so you can get issues resolved, but just the same, I wouldn't want to have a negative impact on those I love. I also wouldn't be too thrilled to be picked apart by people on message boards. It seems like that would be hard to deal with.

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-08-06, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
I am actually mulling over renting a camcorder and making my audition video. Many of you that have read my messages know what I've gone through. I know that SO would help me immensely (sp). I really wouldn't be afraid of what would come out on the show or what the wonderful detectives dig up because I am who I am. Standing on a street corner and screaming at the top of my lungs wouldn't bother me either. If you don't like it-don't look, right?! I just think I would rather get to the root of my problems rather than take more medication than what I already am to mask my emotions.

speechprof 50 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-06, 03:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail speechprof Click to send private message to speechprof Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Would You Go On the Show?"
Since it looks like SO won't be back for a fourth season, I'd hold off on renting the camcorder.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •