The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"IV's stupid card game"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-05-06, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"IV's stupid card game"
How in the world can Iyanla equate the way they searched for cards to the way they live their life. One simple (stupid) game is not necessarily representative of their lives. Cassie found the most and she surely doesn't live her life 100%, heck she doesn't even have a job! And that game didn't speak to how often they looked in the right places, just how many they found. Come on IV, stop believing your own stuff.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: IV's stupid card game Baxtera 05-05-06 1
   RE: IV's stupid card game Redbud 05-05-06 2
       RE: IV's stupid card game mirage3033 05-05-06 3
           RE: IV's stupid card game Zoey 05-05-06 4
           RE: IV's stupid card game dopeydwarf 05-05-06 5
               RE: IV's stupid card game Zephyr 05-05-06 6
               RE: IV's stupid card game AshLanie 05-06-06 8
 RE: IV's stupid card game AshLanie 05-06-06 7
 RE: IV's stupid card game JustBNMe 05-06-06 9
 RE: IV's stupid card game rachel2 05-08-06 10
   WARNING - rachel2 Cygnus X1 05-08-06 11
       RE: WARNING - rachel2 rachel2 05-08-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Baxtera 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-05-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Baxtera Click to send private message to Baxtera Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
I'd say it says a great deal about Cassie's scavenger life style. She certainly knows how to look to find people willing to let her scam off of them.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Redbud 573 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-06, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Redbud Click to send private message to Redbud Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
LOL! Maybe it was because they thought they'd get something FREE at the end.

mirage3033 100 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-06, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mirage3033 Click to send private message to mirage3033 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
she always laying around she probably watched them hide them. couldn't sleep cuz she napped all day and spied on them stashing the cards. I think the exercise was designed to whip them up into a froth of hysteria.

Zoey 326 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-05-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zoey Click to send private message to Zoey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
I think you actually make a great point, Baxtera.

This, as well as many of the excercises, can be spun a certain way to make the HG come to certain realizations about themselves.

I think the card game itself had little relivence in that each person was in a different mind-space at the time. It's not like they were all preparing for a race or something (where you'd have notice) - where you would get yourself physically and emotionally ready.

I think the card game was a below-average physical/visual representation but I think they were probably still able to get the point of it, even if the number of cards they collected didn't represent the usual way they go about things.

dopeydwarf 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-05-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dopeydwarf Click to send private message to dopeydwarf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: IV's stupid card game"

C'mon guys!! This is a fun game!!!With as tired as everyone looked, it was probably 6:00am. Now, wouldn't it be fun to be awoken at 6 to find cards? Didn't you see ALL their happy faces? I think it was a great exercise---but I got one better!!

Ready?

To really find yourself and your life, YOU hide the cards from yourself!!

What's Iyanla's email address??? She'll love this one!!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Zephyr 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-05-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Zephyr Click to send private message to Zephyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
> To really find yourself and
>your life, YOU hide the
>cards from yourself!!
>
>What's Iyanla's email address??? She'll love
>this one!!

ROFLMAO!!

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 06:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
>
>C'mon guys!! This is a fun
>game!!!With as tired as everyone
>looked, it was probably 6:00am.
>Now, wouldn't it be fun
>to be awoken at 6
>to find cards? Didn't you
>see ALL their happy faces?
> I think it was
>a great exercise---but I got
>one better!!
>
>Ready?
>
> To really find yourself and
>your life, YOU hide the
>cards from yourself!!
>
>What's Iyanla's email address??? She'll love
>this one!!
>
>____________________________________________________________________________
>
>I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Chuckling about the new assignment you suggested..

rt maybe have the Ladies hide the cards and have the LC's look for them?

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 06:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
>How in the world can Iyanla
>equate the way they searched
>for cards to the way
>they live their life.
>One simple (stupid) game is
>not necessarily representative of their
>lives. Cassie found the
>most and she surely doesn't
>live her life 100%, heck
>she doesn't even have a
>job! And that game didn't
>speak to how often they
>looked in the right places,
>just how many they found.
> Come on IV, stop
>believing your own stuff.

Cassie was good at finding the cards cause she probally has used most of those spaces in the past to hide alcohol and or drugs.

Cassie, with nothing to do anyhow, probally know every inch of that house anyhow.

The card game sucked. Was early morning, when one wants to clean up, eat breakfast etc.

I actually would have been like Christie..not bothered and would ahve taken advantage of bsing able to use the bathroom and or kitchen at my leasure while the others ran around looking for the cards.

JustBNMe 526 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-06, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustBNMe Click to send private message to JustBNMe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
Maybe IV's hair is too tight right now. Her brain can't come up with anything better than that stupid card game. Maybe the Universe isn't giving her any new ideas when she yells for them. I was waiting for Cassie to yell "Huckle Buckle Bean Stalk!" and start giggling like a 5 year old when they find something playing a game like that. Of course that would take effort on her part. I think I would have been like Christie and thought who the heck cares who finds the most cards-I am not a 5 year old playing hide and seek with things. The HG had alot of other more important things to do (Christie planning her 5K run and Antonia and her poetry slam etc). What kind of time management is it to have then spend time looking for silly cards as opposed to working to do what they have to do?

rachel2 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail rachel2 Click to send private message to rachel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: IV's stupid card game"
>How in the world can Iyanla
>equate the way they searched
>for cards to the way
>they live their life.
>One simple (stupid) game is
>not necessarily representative of their
>lives. Cassie found the
>most and she surely doesn't
>live her life 100%, heck
>she doesn't even have a
>job! And that game didn't
>speak to how often they
>looked in the right places,
>just how many they found.
> Come on IV, stop
>believing your own stuff.

I can't believe that the posters on this thread, none of you seem to "get it". The card game was a brilliant and "symbolic" way of getting the houseguests to recognize how they go about their lives. Cassie, although smoewhat stuck in her life on some endeavors, it's not because of lack of effort on her part. She was determined to meet her son, and she did. She is a successful recovering alcoholic who had a tragic background with a alcoholic family, she's earned her high school equivalency degree and she's started a business (with the assistance of SO). Cassie's doing great! She's giving it 100%, playing to win.

But regardless of Cassie's successes, the card game was only symbolic, a way of getting the women to start looking at the way they play life AND encourages them to go for it 100%, instead of half-a**ing it! Play to win! It was not about getting up early, wanting your morning coffee and having to look for hidden cards! GEEEEZ, you'd think you could all see that. Stop being so basic, and think more psychologically.

The game was stroke of genius, along with many of the other exercises that the life coaches have come up with in the past. Except I hate the one where they had Lisa in that babydoll dress; that was awful to see.

rachel2

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-06, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "WARNING - rachel2"
Stop. bashing. other. posters. who have a different opinion than you. That's a violation of our guidelines, which I reckon you can't be bothered to read.

rachel2 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-08-06, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachel2 Click to send private message to rachel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: WARNING - rachel2"
>Stop. bashing. other. posters. who have
>a different opinion than you.
> That's a violation of
>our guidelines, which I reckon
>you can't be bothered to
>read.

I did not realize I was "bashing" other posters. Perhaps my language was too strong in my disagreement.

I've been warned twice today. I'm new to the board and the new guidelines; used to post here months ago, and just recently returned. I was not aware I was violating new guidelines. It's not that I balantly disregarded them or didn't "bother" to read them, but just didn't know that they exist. I do now!

Now warned, I will remember to keep my impressions strictly on the topic or thread on hand and not wander thereof.

rachel2

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •