The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pretty Women"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-16-06, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pretty Women"
There are various types of pretty girls in the world and the BB house is no exception. Danielle is a beautiful woman but she's also smart. She could very easily use her feminine charms to get her places but I'm sure she wants to set an example for her daughters. She is out to prove what using your brains will get you and in my book, I think Danielle will go far.

On the other hand we have Janelle who may think she smart as well as beautiful but she'd be wrong. She's obviously gotten by for so long on her looks, she hasn't learned to use her brain. I
could feel sorry for her but I don't. Hopefully she'll get what's coming to her.

If there's any justice Danielle will be there to usher Janelle out the door and hopefully it will be soon. Perhaps it could even
be this week since the results of the coup t'etat are yet to be revealed. If Danielle wins it could be the ultimate victory, Janelle nominating Danielle hoping to evict her and in the end it's Janelle who leaves this week.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pretty Women JoshInSGV 08-16-06 1
   RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 2
   RE: Pretty Women Miami Joe 08-16-06 3
 RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 4
   RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 6
       RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 8
           RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 10
               RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 13
                   RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 14
                       RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 16
   RE: Pretty Women nailbone 08-16-06 11
       RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 15
           RE: Pretty Women nailbone 08-16-06 19
               RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 20
                   RE: Pretty Women nailbone 08-18-06 43
                       RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-18-06 44
 RE: Pretty Women chappi66 08-16-06 5
   RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 7
       RE: Pretty Women chappi66 08-16-06 9
           RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 12
 RE: Pretty Women Buggy 08-16-06 17
   RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-16-06 18
 RE: Pretty Women Aruba 08-16-06 21
   RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-16-06 22
       RE: Pretty Women Aruba 08-16-06 24
   RE: Pretty Women chappi66 08-16-06 23
       RE: Pretty Women yamihooked 08-17-06 25
           RE: Pretty Women frisky 08-17-06 26
               RE: Pretty Women nailbone 08-18-06 45
               RE: Pretty Women yamihooked 08-19-06 49
           RE: Playing the game chappi66 08-17-06 31
       RE: Pretty Women Aruba 08-17-06 28
           RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-17-06 29
               RE: Pretty Women Aruba 08-17-06 32
                   RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-17-06 33
                       RE: Pretty Women Aruba 08-17-06 34
                           RE: Pretty Women LIVEURBESTLIFE 08-17-06 35
                               RE: Pretty Women Aruba 08-17-06 36
                               STOP IT, YOU TWO Bebo 08-17-06 37
                               RE: Pretty Women chappi66 08-17-06 38
                                   Stick to the show... Bebo 08-17-06 39
                                       RE: Stick to the show... chappi66 08-17-06 40
                                       RE: Stick to the show... Aruba 08-18-06 41
 RE: Pretty Women Catherine 08-17-06 27
 RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-17-06 30
 What strong reactions CSHS79 08-18-06 42
   RE: What strong reactions nailbone 08-18-06 46
 RE: Pretty Women true 08-19-06 47
   RE: Pretty Women Savahnna 08-19-06 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-16-06, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pretty Women"
Danielle is a beautiful
>woman but she's also smart.
>She could very easily use
>her feminine charms to get
>her places but I'm sure
>she wants to set an
>example for her daughters. She
>is out to prove what
>using your brains will get
>you and in my book,
>I think Danielle will go
>far.

I sincerelly doubt that anyone's behavior in Big Brother can be used to set a "good example" for children. Danielle gets drunk, curses up a storm, lies, schemes, manipulates, betrays, etc. All of these are good qualities to have in Big Brother, but I really doubt that they will earn her any "Mother of the Year" awards. Big Brother is not the place to set good examples for anyone. That's not really what the game is about.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 03:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pretty Women"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 03:04 PM (EST)

>I sincerelly doubt that anyone's behavior
>in Big Brother can be
>used to set a "good
>example" for children. Danielle gets
>drunk, curses up a storm,
>lies, schemes, manipulates, betrays, etc.
>All of these are good
>qualities to have in Big
>Brother, but I really doubt
>that they will earn her
>any "Mother of the Year"
>awards. Big Brother is not
>the place to set good
>examples for anyone. That's not
>really what the game is
>about.

BRAVO!! I always appreciate when someone spares me the effort of writing a post and says what I wanted to say much better than I could.

Exactly....why would anyone think Danielle is a poster child for "mother of the year"?? Unless the child had aspirations of criminal defense or somethinglike that?? And yes....Danielle will likely go far......she may even be amongst the top 3 in the BB All Stars game!! Wahoo!!!! Go Danielle!!!! Follow your dreams girl.

And as far as Janelle goes.....is it a crime to be a little vulnerable??

Miami Joe 63 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-16-06, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Miami%20Joe Click to send private message to Miami%20Joe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pretty Women"
You are right Josh. Danielle is sure no great example.

Danielle's example to her daughters is that you have to talk trash behind people's back (Janelle), fake that she is your friend and then back stab you (Marcellas), and have your friends hand out competitions to you (Erika, CT and James) in order to get ahead in the game. Some example?!?!?!?!

She sure is not.

Few in this game come across as being good examples. I would say Kaysar was one that was close and look what it got him, evicted three times in a year from the same game.

LIVEURBESTLIFE 302 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-16-06, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pretty Women"
As far as Danielle setting a good example for her daughters I don't think the poster was talking about the negative behaviors that must be demonstrated to win this game.

He was referring to her willingness to use her brain and not her sex appeal to get ahead. This is a quality Danielle probably possesses in her everyday life which is a good example for her daughters.

Danielle comes across to me as strong stable woman who is probably a good caretaker of her family.

Saying she is not a good role model for her kids based on gameplay is like saying football and hockey players are abusive parents because the sport they play is violent.

I agree with the original poster that it is great to see a woman who thinks and strategizes versus a woman who uses her feminine wiles or sex appeal to further herself.

08-16-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pretty Women"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 03:49 PM (EST)

Oh come on.

I'm sure she told her daughter...." you can only watch me on TV...but you can't watch the feeds" (heavy sarcasm icon)

Saying she is not a good role model for her kids based on gameplay is like saying football and hockey players are abusive parents because the sport they play is violent.

And this is how Danielle is clothing and feeding her child?? BB All Stars?? If Danielle is going through "stuff" then her child is too. Whether it is on National Tv or in the house....and you better believe the child is getting some ribbing from kids or ppl about what her mother demonstrates on TV.

No....not buying it. There is nothing that behooves a child by going in the BB house

eta....to stay in accord with the title of this thread...I think Danielle is very pretty.

08-16-06, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to send private message to LIVEURBESTLIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pretty Women"
Savan,

You don't have to "buy it". I've got my opinion and you have yours.

And I stand by my opinion that it is AWESOME to see a woman play the game by strategizing and using her brain and not her sex appeal or body. I am a big fan of Danielle's for this reason.

"And this is how Danielle is clothing and feeding her child?? BB All Stars?? If Danielle is going through "stuff" then her child is too. Whether it is on National Tv or in the house....and you better believe the child is getting some ribbing from kids or ppl about what her mother demonstrates on TV."

Uhh..with this comment I have no idea how that relates to my post. I doubt if kids are picking on her kids because their mom is on tv or whatever your point is or is supposed to be.

"There is nothing that behooves a child by going in the BB house"

Well, I guess that's why there are no kids in the BB house. Mike and Will act like kids and James is a brat but trust me they are all adults.

08-16-06, 04:15 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Pretty Women"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-06 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

I was making the point that you can't compare what Danielle is doing in the BB house to Pro football and hockey players...it's a choice for mindless entertainment....not a career.

You are right. I don't have to buy it and we both are entitled to our own opinion.

I'm acting like a child too by allowing the antics of a stupid tv show to go off like I did on a message board.

My apologies.

08-16-06, 04:23 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Pretty Women"
No apologies needed. This season has become so bad it's good and it has everybody on these boards all wrapped up in it.

08-16-06, 04:26 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Pretty Women"
>No apologies needed.

Good thx. Now I want to go back to being a b!tch.

08-16-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Pretty Women"
LOL

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-06, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pretty Women"
Saying she is not a good role model for her kids based on gameplay

So calling someone a bitch and a whore is good gameplay?

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

08-16-06, 04:29 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Pretty Women"
Last time I checked the updates they were all trashing each other. No reason to single out just Dani.

More importantly, Dani's gameplay extends far beyond name calling she's good with strategy and winning people over. Like I said before she uses her mind to get ahead in the game not her looks.

08-16-06, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pretty Women"
The reason for singling her out is that we're discussing her. And her ability/status as a role model. And her gameplay.

08-16-06, 06:00 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Pretty Women"
Then maybe you should focus on qualities that are specific to Danielle and not qualities that apply to all HG.

08-18-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Pretty Women"
Whether they are specific to Dani or not isn't germane to the fact that to call it "gameplay" is carp, IMO. It's mean and vindictive and unnecessary. Will's play is good "gameplay" and he hasn't called anyone names like that. And to say that it's OK because "everybody does it" doesn't make Danielle a good role model anyway.

08-18-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Pretty Women"
I read the Jokerupdates and whenever Will has to spend time with Janie he calls it "fat girl night". So even he is not above namecalling.

chappi66 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-16-06, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chappi66 Click to send private message to chappi66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pretty Women"
I would love to see Janielle out the door. If there is a God, please oh please let that b!tch leave.

As far as Danielle being a good role model for her kids, everyone who signs up for big brother know what they are getting themselves into. It is a GAME, that does not mean that Danielle (or dingbat Janielle) act like that when they are not in game mode. Her character as far as being a good parent should not stem from how she played the game here. That is like comparing real boobs to fake ones. No comparison.

If I were going to apply for BB, I would have had a discussion with my kids before I ever went in regarding the game. Also, my spouse and I would have had a discussion prior regarding the children watching the show only in his/her presence and to be there to answer questions if needed.

Pretty Women - I think Erika, Danielle and Janelle are all pretty in their own way. Janelle is a little too masculin looking to me but that is just me.

08-16-06, 03:43 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Pretty Women"
If
>there is a God, please
>oh please let that b!tch
>leave.

lol. I think G-d has bigger fish to fry these days

08-16-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chappi66 Click to send private message to chappi66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Pretty Women"
You are right about that one!! I can think of a few - totally unrelated to "reality" TV - that need a good cook.

Good One!!!

08-16-06, 04:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Pretty Women"
>You are right about that one!!
> I can
>think of a few -
>totally unrelated to "reality" TV
>- that need a good
>cook.
>
>Good One!!!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-06, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pretty Women"
The reason Danielle would never use her sex appeal to advance herself in the game is because she is the only married woman in the house.
We don't know how she would play is she were single.

I think all the women have their own type of beauty, all different.
I may not think some of them are attractive people, but others would find them so.

08-16-06, 04:41 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Pretty Women"
>The reason Danielle would never use
>her sex appeal to advance
>herself in the game is
>because she is the only
>married woman in the house.

YES. You are right. And the same goes for George.

Otherwise those girls would be in big trouble.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-16-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Pretty Women"
OK...Danielle is so "smart" she puts herself in solitary confinement because she couldn't see that everyone would be greedy during the POV competition that Janielle won? That's right...WON...as in winning by her OWN merit. Not like Danielle who had her HOH handed to her by Erika and the last POV given to her by CT. It's very brave of her to tell Janelle to "bring it on" when she has others fight her battles for her. The Queen of Hand-Outs. What a role model!
She was a lying, deceitful person in BB3 and has solidified her horrible behavior in "all-stars". And let's not cop-out by saying it's "gameplay". Not buying that for a second. BB is an extension of all the HG's lives. What you see is what they are. And the one's that get to see themselves and how terrible they really are will always use editing and playing the game as an excuse. Anyone with commonsense would know better.

08-16-06, 07:00 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Pretty Women"
Wow your really po'd w/Dani. Did she steal your cookies or something?

08-16-06, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Pretty Women"
Steal my cookies??? This is Danielle we are talking about...she would have someone else do it for her.

08-16-06, 10:04 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Pretty Women"
>>She was a lying, deceitful person
>in BB3 and has solidified
>her horrible behavior in "all-stars".
> And let's not cop-out
>by saying it's "gameplay".
>Not buying that for a
>second. BB is an
>extension of all the HG's
>lives. What you see
>is what they are.
>And the one's that get
>to see themselves and how
>terrible they really are will
>always use editing and playing
>the game as an excuse.
> Anyone with commonsense would
>know better.

As much as we like to call this reality TV. The last thing it is, is reality. This is a game and these people are doing what they need to do to win the game. No one, including anyone on these forums, has any idea what these people are like in their real lives - None whatsoever. The family members and friends that have been on describing what these people are actually like, have been describing them quite differently then we are PERCEIVING them on television. Will was described as an introvert and a quiet person by his family and friends. I personally do not see that however, I personally do not know him.

Everyone in this house has lied, cheated, deceived and name called. There is not one person (except maybe chicken george) who is above this. Danielle is not doing anything differently than anyone else is doing.

The producers stack the deck with people that have strong personalities on purpose to see clashes. It makes for good TV. Do you think it is just a chance that a gay guy ends up on every BB show. I think not. They stack the deck. It is good television. Plain and simple.

And as it was so stated earlier. Anyone with any common sense can see that.

Oh and by the way - The World Wrestling Federation - Ummmmm guess what, its not real. It's just good TV.

yamihooked 169 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail yamihooked Click to send private message to yamihooked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Pretty Women"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 00:24 AM (EST)

>>>She was a lying, deceitful person in BB3 and has solidified
>>her horrible behavior in "all-stars".
>> And let's not cop-out by saying it's "gameplay".
>>Not buying that for a second. BB is an
>>extension of all the HG's lives. What you see
>>is what they are. And the one's that get
>>to see themselves and how terrible they really are will
>>always use editing and playing the game as an excuse.
>> Anyone with commonsense would know better.
>
>
>As much as we like to call this reality TV.
>The last thing it is, is reality. This is
>a game and these people are doing what they need
>to do to win the game. No one, including
>anyone on these forums, has any idea what these people
>are like in their real lives - None whatsoever.
>The family members and friends that have been on describing
>what these people are actually like, have been describing them
>quite differently then we are PERCEIVING them on television.
>Will was described as an introvert and a quiet person
>by his family and friends. I personally do not
>see that however, I personally do not know him.

Will and Mike's mothers don't seem at all surprised about their kids.

How many siblings and parents really ever get to see the highlights of 24 footage of their loved ones? I'd bet some folks would be really surprised at how their husbands/wives/kids act sometimes.

I knew one guy that would swear a blue streak constantly at work, but when on the phone with his wife, he'd be another person entirely.

>
>Everyone in this house has lied, cheated, deceived and name
>called. There is not one person (except maybe chicken george)
>who is above this. Danielle is not doing anything
>differently than anyone else is doing.

That doesn't make it ok. Just because your friends jumped off of a bridge...etc.

But I'm relatively new to watching this show. I've only been watching since Nakomas was kicked out. (and I was rooting for her too.) I haven't seen Janelle lie, cheat, deceive, or backstab anyone, unless you count the time she tried to help Boogie win the Veto so she could kick out Diane.

She made a pretty clumsy attempt at deceit there, but it fooled no one. She wanted a floater to go out, which is what that team had been doing for weeks.

>
>The producers stack the deck with people that have strong
>personalities on purpose to see clashes. It makes for good
>TV. Do you think it is just a chance
>that a gay guy ends up on every BB show.
>I think not. They stack the deck. It
>is good television. Plain and simple.

Does that make dishonesty and deceit ok? It might be good tv, but that doesn't make it ok.

>
>And as it was so stated earlier. Anyone with any
>common sense can see that.

I guess I don't have common sense, because I think Danielle isn't playing well. She's just being set up as the next target after Janelle by Will. CT has been protecting her, and they may try to protect Janelle next so as to have all the fights centered around those two.
>
>
>Oh and by the way - The World Wrestling Federation -
>Ummmmm guess what, its not real. It's just good TV.

So you're suggesting that these people are running entirely scripted lives 24 hours a day as the WWF episodes are scripted?

I also disagree that the wwf is good tv. lol.

The fact that this show is an artificial environment full of people with strong personalities doesn't make dishonesty, backstabbing, and cheating honorable activities.

The fact is that how they act in the house is a generally good indicator of how they would act in real life in conflict. Would it be ok to lie, cheat, and backstab someone in normal life because you could win half a million bucks in the process?

Their personalities don't suddenly become capable of deceit and trickery merely because they are on tv now. They had those traits before. It's just more obvious now because it's more of a stressful situation.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 01:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Pretty Women"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 01:53 AM (EST)

The fact that this show is an artificial environment full of people with strong personalities doesn't make dishonesty, backstabbing, and cheating honorable activities.

Honorable? Who says you have to be honorable in the game? If "honorable" was in the rules, nobody would watch.

The fact is that how they act in the house is a generally good indicator of how they would act in real life in conflict.

This has been argued on these boards since forever. It isn't a "fact," it's merely an assumption that people make because they can't separate the game from real life. People like Danielle and Will CAN separate the game from real life, because unlike in real life, they can make "friends" in the house and then turn their backs on them. People who buddy up in there and then sacrifice a half million bucks for a stranger (i.e. Ivette) cannot separate the game from real life, and end up feeling like complete suckers when their "friend" wins the loot.

Would it be ok to lie, cheat, and backstab someone in normal life because you could win half a million bucks in the process?

Of course not. But, again, BB isn't real life.

Their personalities don't suddenly become capable of deceit and trickery merely because they are on tv now. They had those traits before. It's just more obvious now because it's more of a stressful situation.

Look at it this way: Danielle left her family behind for three months to play the game. She never forgets who is really important. Her number one alliance is "me, myself and I." She didn't go there to give a bunch of money to James, or to a stranger. If I left my family for three months to do this, I would do whatever I had to do to make it worth my/their while. In real life, I don't use deceit and trickery. But, if it came down to the well being of my family, I would.

The folks who go in to make friends and get to sequester have miserable lives on the outside, IMO. Danielle and Will aren't there to fill time. The more you give up, the harder a good player will play.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

08-18-06, 02:29 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Pretty Women"
People like Danielle and Will CAN separate the game from real life, because unlike in real life, they can make "friends" in the house and then turn their backs on them.

Point of disagreement:

WILL can separate Game from Life, Danielle cannot.

Witness the reactions of each when something goes against them. Will starts planning and working how to get it to turn back to his advantage. Danielle goes into a funk and runs to the gym with James and Marci and goes to the bashing and name-calling.

Will convinces others to do what he wants by using valid, logical reasoning. Danielle convinces others by using vindictiveness and hatred.

Nobody yet has given me a good reason why calling someone a "whore", etc. is good gameplay.

yamihooked 169 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-06, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail yamihooked Click to send private message to yamihooked Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Pretty Women"
I never claimed honor has anything to do with this game.

I do claim that someone who acts with dishonor in this game will act with dishonor in real life.

This game isn't real life, but it shows the houseguests real personalities and how they really act in conflict.

I have no problem with these people acting the way they do in this game. I just think that I wouldn't want to work with some of them.

Yes, being good at lying, cheating, and backstabbing may get you far in this game, but that works just as well in real life, unfortunately.

08-17-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Playing the game"
Big Brother has designed this house in such a way to promote the lies and deceipt etc.

The posters in the house that say deceipt, cheat, loyalty - etc. are not there just by chance. Heck, they even had a HOH comp on based on those posters. If anyone thinks this is 100% true to life, they are sadly mistaken. It is a TV show, there are things that are done in the house strickly to promote clashes. It is all part of it.

I am not saying I agree with how everything is going down, but I certainly am not going to condemn them for playing the game. No matter how you look at it, it is still just playing the game. Some of these people actually had friendships outside the house prior to the game, however most of them were playing as if they never met each other as the game started. And you don't think that was pre-planed - please. It's TV. This show is for pure entertainment value and should not be taken so literally, as some people have been doing. If people cannot handle the "reality" of the show, maybe they should not watch.

And as far as Janielle is concerned, she has done her share of lying and deceipt just as everyone else has. Howie himself caught her in a lie and called her on it. She is not a saint in all of this. But then again, she was just playing the game - just not very well.

08-17-06, 06:44 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Pretty Women"
>Everyone in this house has lied, cheated, deceived and name called.

Perhaps, but there is a mountain of difference between one who INITIATES a lie or deceiption vs. one who is forced to REACT and fight fire with fire when being pressed between a rock and a hard place. Players like Danielle, Will, Boogie would qualify as the former, whereas the George's, Kaysar's, Gerry's (BB3), Jack's (BB4) would qualify as the latter.

We all know it's a "game" and I believe in the very beginning a HG may be able to act out of their character and put on a front all in the spirit of "playing the game". But to carry that act for weeks leading into months??? I doubt it...eventually your true colors will come out. Jase tried to put on a front as the "New Jase"; the man with a kid and future wife all grown up. How did he end up??? The same old Jase! When Erika was trying to get votes to be chosen to play "all-stars" she campaigned that she would NOT be a floater and ride coattails to advance. I'm sure that was her original plan coming into the house--but guess what. Same old Erika! Kaysar said he learned from his mistakes both times in BB6 and would be a player this time--but you guessed it. Same old Kaysar! The list goes on and on and on...

Of course their loved ones and the HGs themselves who acted pathetic and embarrasing in the House will say they are different in real life. What do you expect a mom of Mike Boogie or Will to say??? Hey America; didn't I do a great job raising an obnoxious and immature a$$!!!??? There's always a ton of back-peddling and trying to save face AFTER millions of viewers see who these people REALLY are.

08-17-06, 11:21 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Pretty Women"
If a person is looking for moral high ground, honorability, and a Sunday sermon to preach, then, BB is not the show for you.

Watch a Billy Graham crusade or something but don't watch BB.

And if for some reason you make a mistake and end up watching BB don't take what these people do so personally. It is just a game. Really it is. These people aren't trying to kill and maime each other. They are only trying to win a half million dollars. And unfortunately the only way to do that is to get rid of your opponents and be the last man standing.

Playing nice won't get you a win. And yes I do believe that some of these people may "act" differently in the house than they do in real life. Many of these people wouldn't give each other the time of day outside the house but they wind up in alliances with each other inside the house. It's a game and that's how you play it.

If you don't like it ... don't watch it.

08-17-06, 06:31 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Pretty Women"
If a person wants to watch lying, deceit, backstabbing and down and dirty trashing of human beings...Watch Jerry Springer or something, but don't watch REALITY Shows (with emphasis on Reality). We can use both extremes to state our cases; I would be satisfied with some middle-ground.

Not EVERY, SOLE, SOLITARY participant in Reality Shows plays dirty. Some have played nice. I don't believe Lisa (winner of BB3) was the type of horrible scoundrol many posters bash on these boards. By trouncing Danielle in the final vote, it was a case of decency victorious over trash.

So HGs that are sequestered for MONTHS can continue to successfully put on a front without their true colors coming out and will act differently than they do in real life the ENTIRE time they're in the House??? Hey; I got a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you!

08-17-06, 07:24 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Pretty Women"
The case could be made that Jerry Springer is just as much "reality" tv as BB. Supposedly, the guest on that show are portraying their real life situations. However, I do believe that much of that is made up and exaggerated.

Because BB is entertainment it is not worth arguing whether or not these people really act this way or not. I don't know and I don't care. What I do know is that I prefer my "reality" tv loaded full of drama and conflict.

Bring on the lying, scheming, the manipulation, the trash talk and the deceit because without there is no show.

If you it bothers you so much don't watch it.

08-17-06, 07:53 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Pretty Women"
Why should trash on the show deter me from watching decent people on the show as well??? If EVERY, SOLITARY individual on the show was like the vile rubbish that you seem to hold so dear to your heart, then I would wholeheartedly agree with your comment that I shouldn't watch. But that's not the case, hence I DO watch!

I, unlike other posters, look for the decency in human beings that you do find on Reality Shows. Conversely I like bashing the trash on these boards in Big Brother Bashers (why else would you have a board dedicated to bashing???)

08-17-06, 08:06 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Pretty Women"
If you like the decency in people then why are you talking all this trash about Danielle. She feels bad for decieving Marci in her season. She also feels bad about having to vote him out now. And besides trash talking her opponents in a game I haven't seen much that would qualify her as trash. So what kind of decency do you look for in people?

Janelle is trying to go to bed with Will even though both of them are dating other people. Is that decent because it sounds like one of those trashy Jerry Springer episodes to me.

You come here to the bashers form to trash talk the HG so you really can't condemn Danielle or any other HG for doing exactly what you come here to do.

08-17-06, 09:31 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Pretty Women"
HUH??? What??? When did I refer to Janelle as "decent"??? I credit her has a solid-player who doesn't need a hand-out to win, but I agree that she's no girl scout. I hardly think she wants to go to bed with Will. She's flirting with him to try to play him.

What kind of decency do I look for in a person?...Kaysar comes to mind; as well as Gerry (BB3), Jack (BB4), even as wacky as he acts sometimes Chicken George, etc. etc.

If you still think Danielle is decent, I still have that bridge in Brooklyn up for sale!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "STOP IT, YOU TWO"
Get back to talking about the show, and quit trashing each other. While we permit positive and negative comments about the show and its participants, we don't permit going after other posters. You've both crossed the line. Posters are here to discuss the show, not witness your spat, so get back to talking about the show and quit going after each other.

08-17-06, 09:34 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Pretty Women"
Way to go Live!!

Danielle must have pissed in Aruba's Wheaties or something because he/she is hardcore after her.

I think Danielle is great. And contrary to what people are saying about her, I think the fact that she got pregnant and had a child at 16 is not a strike against. Obviously her children are aware of this and therefore she has probably already had the "Do as I say not as I do" discussion. Yeah, she made a mistake but she stepped up to the plate and did the adult thing even though she was still a child herself. Everyone has done stupid things as kids, i.e drugs, alcohol, etc. But the fact that as a parent, you can look your child in the face and say I have been there and I know I made a mistake and I don't want you to repeat what I did. That in itself sends a strong message to a child, a strong positive message. She did a good thing and I think she is a very positive role model for her kids and I think she is a beautiful person inside as well as out.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-06, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Stick to the show..."
...this is not the place to talk about other posters. Keep your comments about the show, instead of talking about the posters.

Our guidelines make it the responsibility of each poster to help prevent forest fires. Don't fuel a flame war, especially after a moderator has told other posters to stop.

This thread will be locked if posters keep violating the guidelines by going after each other instead of sticking to the show.

08-17-06, 09:51 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Stick to the show..."
So Sorry - I was typing while you were posting and I did not see the warning until after I posted, then it was too late. I did not intentionally post after your warning, it was an accident. Sorry again Bebo.

08-18-06, 07:20 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Stick to the show..."
My apologies, Bebo. I know I've never been one to turn the other cheek when a quantlet is thrown at my feet, but I promise to stick to the show and it's participants.

OK...Back to the show and participants...308 minutes in a week???!!! WOW, Danielle sure is one "smart" cookie!!! And she even had about 308 minutes herself to give that intelligent answer. Janelle must have been laughing in her prom dress while wearing her crown as Prom Queen.

Catherine 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 06:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Catherine Click to send private message to Catherine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Pretty Women"
Whether it's beauty, brains, feminine wiles, etc., a good BB player will use whatever it is they have to their advantage.

08-17-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Pretty Women"
LAST EDITED ON 08-17-06 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

My last word on this......only because I thought about this last night when I saw a promo for tonights show...

is that I think you do at some level have to be similar in real life to how you present on the show.

I know it's one thing that we all bash them for thier performance in the house ......and other things...but in real life...I could never be in a situation to trash someone behind their back that they would see me do on tape later...or to really decieve someone the way Kaysar felt decieved...or any of them.

I feel really bad when I see their faces after Julie discloses what went down behind their backs. It's gotta feel bad no matter how thick your skin is. Especially if you were not playing the same game.

I realize "sticks and stones" and all that......but names can hurt. I couldn't do a BB...well for a lot of reasons.....but I couldn't pull that stuff because I'm kind of sensitive myself and I feel lousy when I hurt someone in real life unintentionally.

So......as I s l o w l y back away from my pedestal....I truly do believe that most of these ppl have a mean streak in real life

eta......lol........please don't throw this post in my face the next time I say something nasty that I wish would happen to Boogie. He's exempt of any humane treatment I think they should have towards each other

CSHS79 862 desperate attention whore postings

08-18-06, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "What strong reactions"
I'm glad I was able to post a topic that led to such strong reactions, more importantly glad I posted it in bashers vs the fanatics. All I know is that I love Danielle and want her to outlast Janelle. Granted Dani might not win just so long as she outlats Janelle, I'll be happy.

08-18-06, 02:31 PM (EST)
46. "RE: What strong reactions"
And I revile Dani (and James) and hope she's gone very soon.

To each his/her own, as it should be.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-06, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: Pretty Women"
Janelle is single. Danielle is not.

Why not bring Erika into the discussion. She's the one hopping into Boogie's bed for votes. All Janelle has done is some harmless flirting with Dr. Will. It's not like he hasn't been encouraging her.

Janelle has gone far in this game because she has won competitions, not because she is hopping in bed with other contestants. Dani has gone far because she uses the men around her to do her dirtywork. Janelle has done all her own dirtywork. Erika has done nothing but service Boogie to get ahead.

but I'm sure she wants to set an example for her daughters.

Daughters? What daughters....oh yeah, the ones Dani's Mom told us about on the show. Who would know that Dani has kids, she rarely talks about her family. What kindof mother leaves their husband and kids for 3 months to expose themselves for fame on TV and the internet? A big, desparate, attention whore, that's who. I don't know how she has been there for all this time without talking about her family. Sure, she cries in the corner and says she's thinking about her kids, but I doubt it. I don't know one parent who can go an hour without talking about their family, and she's gone almost 2 months. Heck, Janelle talks about her boyfriend more than Dani talks about her husband. Great example for her kids. Go on TV and make a drunken ##### of yourself for money. Let's vote her mother of the year. <insert rolling eyes here>

Don't be fooled, Dani is using whatever she can to manipulate the men in the house into carrying her to the end. She's probably finds her family a hinderance to her strategy because she can't add flirting to her manipulation tactic list.

Dani is a good BB player, but it has nothing to do with any moral superiority.

08-19-06, 10:53 AM (EST)
48. "RE: Pretty Women"
>Dani is a good BB player,
>but it has nothing to
>do with any moral superiority.

Too early to toast appropriately to that one (it's happy hour somewhere in the world though).......so I'll raise my coffee cup and say...touche!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •