The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-21-05, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
After the complete meltdown and commode praying by April, I was really hoping for much more out of Saturday’s show. However, with so many challenges and meetings the times to be snarky and funny were very limited in this episode. As a recap let’s just say Kaysar got voted out Thursday and Janelle won HOH and nominated Jen and Maggie. Tonight’s episode should show us a POV challenge, meeting, eviction and a new HOH. Let’s get to it.

Julie (the first lady of SeeBS) appears in front of the BB house dressed all in black. Her hair is a little puffier than Thursday but she just has too much hair for her face. I sit here week after week screaming at the television for her to get her hair thinned! She proceeds to tell us what I basically said in the previous paragraph.

We are morphed back to the moments just after Kaysay’s eviction and the nominations. Jennifer and Maggie are upset because Janelle called them b!tches. We are then shown the little segment where Jenn flings the key across the backyard for Janelle to retrieve. Jenn says in a confessional that she was ready to hand the key over but there is only so much one can take. Yeah right…evidently Jenn can’t take much. I wonder what Jenn would think if she were in April’s shoes and had Howie barking in her face every second about how worthless she is (well, Jenn is worthless but that is beside the point). Just shut up and move on!

April and Jenn are talking about Janelle and Howie being so happy about winning the HOH and nominations. April says she just wants to slap them for being so happy. Yo bimbo bags…Howie has been in your face for three days barking about how useless you are and you just sit there and don’t say a word. Like you are going to grow a set and smack someone for being happy. You might want to pray to the crapper one more time to see if you can find the guts to do it!

Things started to get a little heated with April and Howie again but James moves in and starts acting like he is trying to calm down Howie. James is trying to play both sides here…let’s see how he does. Rachel finally tells Howie to cut it out. She tells him that next week they may not have the power and he won’t be so happy. Howie agrees and does settle down. I know the right thing to do is for Howie to settle down but damn it was funny when he had April not knowing whether to wind her ass or scratch her watch!

BB announces that Janelle’s HOH room is ready and she tells everyone to come up and see what she gets. Rachel, Howie and James are the only ones that go to the room. Maggie and her minions stay in the kitchen and refuse to go up. How mature! I guess they are too good to go see the room. April complains that Howie and Janelle are acting childish yet she stoops to their level to maintain the hypocrisy. Makes all the sense in the world.

The next little segment had me scratching my head but then I guess most discussions with April have that affect on me. Jenn and April are hiding behind the chairs in the sitting room whispering. April is urinated off because she says Ivette is trying to break-up the group because she is plotting on whom to vote off. Jenn says that she doesn’t trust Maggie either because of the way she has been acting. April says that Ivette is more worried about her self than keeping the friendship together. Um, April my little bug eyed wench. WTF DO YOU WANT HER TO DO? She has to vote off someone! This is a game and Ivette is playing for a million dollars at this point. Does April think Ivette should just sit back and let everyone run over her the way they have April? Sometimes April boggles my mind with her stupidity of not understanding they are there to win money not make friends and live happily ever after.

The POV challenge is up next. The challenge is set-up like an ice hockey rink with goals. Each goal has about a seven-foot head in front of it and is a picture of a houseguest. The mouth of the houseguest is the hole that the puck must go through. {Boy BB really has a sense of humor but April’s mouth was life-size.} The timed event will work so that each person gets a hockey stick with a bucket of pucks and must get a puck in each mouth before moving onto the next. The person that gets all pucks through the fastest will win POV. The players:

Janelle chooses Howie
Jenn chooses April
Maggie chooses Ivette

Howie goes first and gets a time of 2:41.
April is next and gets 2:33.
Janelle is next and gets 1:45!
Ivette gets close but no cigar with a 1:46.
Maggie and Jenn are stopped because the 1:45 expired and they were not completed. Janelle wins POV.

James is in the HOH with Howie, Rachel and Janelle. James is telling them that the other side thinks the nominations are personal and not strategic. Janelle shouts, “IT IS PERSONAL!” James goes on to give reasons why he wants to boot Maggie and then get Jenn next. Then James comes up with what I think is a great idea but I wouldn’t have told them about it. He tells them they should use the POV and put-up Ivette that way they (Howie, Rachel and Janelle) know they have James’ vote. Great idea there James but let’s just see if it works. I hadn’t thought of this but it is a great idea to hold Ivette over James’ head because it does seem this is the only person that James trust. The one thing I find dumb in all this is that James was the one that told them. I don’t think it is smart to tell the enemy what your weak point is!

Time for the veto ceremony and Janelle tells Maggie and Jenn they now have the floor and try to convince her to veto them. Maggie starts by saying that it would just feel good to know that she wasn’t on the block and would just like to be vetoed. Jenn however says that she has never talked to anyone the way some people talked to others and that things should have never happened the way they did last week. I couldn’t agree with you more toots! If you had followed the plan and evicted James your flabby ass wouldn’t be on the block and you would not be the biggest hypocrite this side of Mars!

Janelle says that she has decided to use the POV and she wants to remove Maggie from the block. Janelle hands Maggie the POV and Maggie stands up, rubs her stomach and says, “I feel sick”. {I do too there Magpie! I wanted you gone this week.} Janelle then states, “I choose to evict… oh excuse me…I choose to nominate Ivette!” A brilliant move by Janelle and company as they have assured James’ vote against Jenn because there is no way he would vote to evict Ivette. I love how they take James’ weakness and work it to get out the person they want! *rubs hands with evil smile*

After the ceremony, Maggie and her minions meet in the communal bedroom for a little pow wow. James is secretly listening from inside the GR. Ivette is fuming (what is new) that Janelle chose to say evict instead of nominate. Maggie says that she is sorry to the group because now that she has been removed from the block it is for certain that one of the couples will be separated. I have to say that I enjoy watching Maggie and her minions in misery and agony. Is this bad of me?

Time for the eviction as this one will be held a little differently than the others. Everyone is sent to the living room to wait while one by one they go to the DR and vote. We will be shown each person voting.

Beau votes to evict Jenn
Maggie votes to evict Jenn
Howie votes to evict Jenn
April votes to evict Ivette
James votes to evict Jenn
Rachel votes to evict Jenn

Jenn is given one minute to say goodbye and meet Jules in the studio for an interview. The first thing she tells Julie is that she knew the moment she won HOH that she was going home next week. HUH? Jenn has said for over a week and repeated it 198,098,654 times that when she was in the pressure cooker with Kaysar she didn’t know she would go back on her word (meaning James goes home) and therefore she would be safe this week. Well, one of these two statements is a lie and proves she is the biggest hypocrite of them all. This woman doesn’t even know what the truth is any more! Julie then asks her why Janelle doesn’t like her and Jenn says that it is just a personal thing and had nothing to do with the game. Jenn then goes onto to say that she didn’t really talk to Janelle in the house. Again HUH? Well, if she didn’t talk to Janelle does she think that MAY have something to do with it?

As Julie ends the conversation she tells Jenn that she will see her back on finale night and shakes her hand. There is no mention of a sequester house or sequesterville. I so hope there is no sequester house somewhere nice because Maggie and her minions have done nothing but talk about how much fun they are going to have on their paid vacation.

Up next is the HOH competition and is another question/answer challenge. There will be 10 questions about the house and if someone answers incorrectly they are out. The person to answer the most questions correctly will win.

What colors are the kitchen stools?
Beau: Orange and red (correct)

How many seas on the map?
Ivette: 17 (correct)

What are the numbers on the subway?
Howie: 17, 46 and 57 (incorrect: Howie eliminated)

What color are the squares on the downstairs bathroom door?
Ivette: Red and Gray (incorrect: Ivette eliminated)

What is the combination to the gym door?
Beau: 5, 3 and 4 (correct: Beau has 2)

What color is the rug in the gold room?
Rachel: White (correct)

How many PB&J sandwiches in the first safe?
James: 11 (correct)

How many safes?
Rachel: 1 (incorrect because she beeped in before she heard the entire question of how many safes are the same size)

What famous landmark is framed above the desk in the HOH?
April: Paris (incorrect: The Eiffel Tower) When did Paris become a famous landmark…oh wait I bet she was talking about Paris Hilton. Isn’t she a landmark?

How many key slots are in the nomination box?
James: 11 (correct)

Tie breaker question between James and Beau.

How many puzzle pieces on the wall?
Beau: 4 (correct)

Beau is the new head of house!

Who will be nominated? Who will win POV? Will it be used? Stay tuned.

OH.THE.DRAMA.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... Estee 08-21-05 1
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... strid333 08-21-05 2
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... Lasann 08-21-05 3
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... seahorse 08-21-05 4
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... universityofkentuckyrocks 08-21-05 5
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... ARnutz 08-22-05 6
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... Snidget 08-22-05 7
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... samboohoo 08-22-05 8
   RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... ginger 08-22-05 9
       RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... 2centswurth 08-22-05 10
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... kingfish 08-22-05 11
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... Dorian 08-22-05 12
   RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... volsfan 08-22-05 13
       Dueling summaries HistoryDetective 08-22-05 14
       RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... universityofkentuckyrocks 08-22-05 15
   WARNING - Dorian Bebo 08-22-05 16
       RE: WARNING - Dorian Dorian 08-23-05 19
   RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... ARnutz 08-22-05 17
       RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... Bebo 08-22-05 18
       RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... Dorian 08-23-05 20
           FWIW... AyaK 08-24-05 23
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... kingfish 08-23-05 21
 RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official... mysticwolf 08-23-05 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
I have to say that I enjoy watching Maggie and her minions in misery and agony. Is this bad of me?

If enjoying misery and agony is wrong, I don't want to be right.

By the way -- who's Beau?

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-21-05, 08:11 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Good job on such a crammed episode.

Three is the perfect number.

Lasann 3616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-21-05, 08:33 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Great job

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-05, 08:40 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Loved it, doc and less than 24 hours after it finished airing.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-21-05, 10:32 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Another famtastic summary from Doc. Your a great writer Vols.

ULwill always suck in my book

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Wow! Another great job with the summary!!! Bravo!

You never cease to amaze me!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 11:49 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-05 AT 11:51 AM (EST)

...he had April not knowing whether to wind her ass or scratch her watch!

*snort* I have to remember that one.

I have to say that I enjoy watching Maggie and her minions in misery and agony. Is this bad of me?

Usually I would say that is AOK with me, but what if the He-who-must-not-be-named cult's affiliate members see you say that...15,000 new Sith Rule Jedi Drool threads with people of post counts under 5 might just send that guy Bebo over the edge

I so hope there is no sequester house somewhere nice because Maggie and her minions have done nothing but talk about how much fun they are going to have on their paid vacation. from your fingers to Allison and Arnold's ears. I hope that means if they aren't in sequester they don't get paid either.

A Syren Creation

ETF: bad word and add an 's'

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 01:51 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
My, you've been busy! Another great read, Doc!

Yep, it's a Bob!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 02:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
So many gold stars for Vols, he is his own fermament.

2centswurth 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-22-05, 03:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
I think Vols should get the money!

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 03:51 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Very nice, very entertaining, very well done, and very much appreciated.

However, just a little friendly observation in regard to this quote;

"I sit here week after week screaming at the television for her to get her hair thinned! "

Well, you might need to dial it back a little bit. Maybe a Xanax would help?

Dorian 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-05, 04:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Against the tide, and fully expecting my nickname to be discontinued from this forum, I thought this summary was pretty weak. I used to enjoy the summaries of Survivor shows on the usenet, admiring the wit and humor that was injected by some pretty clever people. So I checked in here to see what was said about an episode of Big Brother I missed.

The summary was factual in black print with biased humorless statements in blue. Okay, so why bother with the blue. If your are going to omit humor you may as well just stick with the facts. Injecting a little bit of wit and sarcasm instead of bitter accusations against the folks you dislike and praise for your favorites takes a little bit of thinking, but in the end leads to more interest. Biased humorless reporting I can find in the news.

Are there other authors for other episodes, or is this the only one we'll get?

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 08:32 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
LAST EDITED ON 08-22-05 AT 08:36 PM (EST)

I am sorry you find my attempt at humor not funny. You don't have to put up with my writing the rest of the season. I will be writing the summary for tomorrow's episode and I will be finished for BB this season. Just look around at some other summaries written by others. Maybe you will enjoy them.

ETA: Welcome to the boards.

To all the others...THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS!

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 08:37 PM (EST)
14. "Dueling summaries"
Maybe Dorian and Volsfan should both write a summary for tomorrow's episode. Then we can read a good one and a bad one.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-22-05, 09:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
I'm surprised peeps critcize Docs summary. Vols makes great summary. He's my personal favorite.

ULwill always suck in my book

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 09:27 PM (EST)
16. "WARNING - Dorian"
I've got some reading for you - our community guidelines, which clearly state that bashing other posters is not permitted here.

If all you're looking for is the facts from the episode, go read cbs.com. Our posters volunteer their time to add their own personal touch and humor to an episode. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and take potshots, but that behavior is not tolerated here.

If you'd like to volunteer to write a summary, then by all means, we still have some available slots near the end of the season. But if all you're going to to is criticize those who make the effort, then take your comments elsewhere.

08-23-05, 01:15 AM (EST)
19. "RE: WARNING - Dorian"
Thanks for the warning. I was not bashing the individual that wrote the summary, just offering a critique. I find anyone that takes the time to write a summary for others a valuable person to have on a board. I appreciate critiques of my own writings. I don't attack personalities I don't know, here nor anywhere else. I have read the guidelines again and will take your advice and participate elsewhere where the tolerance is a bit broader.

Cheers!

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 09:42 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Welcome to the boards.

Hmmm... are you a literary critic? The folks who write summaries around here are volunteers. We are not paid to do this. We do it for fun and as a service to the best reality show website ever. We are a snarky bunch and like to have fun bashing the idiots who put their flaws on display for all to see on these reality shows.

Hey, did you know that CBS.com has summaries with just the facts about the episode (or I should say, just the facts that they want to show on the episode ~ which is a biased view to begin with)? Why not check that out if you just want to know what happened in the episode with an "unbiased" view.

By the way, take a moment to read the community guidelines at the top of the page. One of the rules around here is that we do not bash other posters and your response is walking a thin line in that respect, in my opinion.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

08-22-05, 09:49 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Taking off my evil blue peep robe long enough to say...

JINX!

08-23-05, 01:34 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
Understood, ARnutz, and well stated. Yes indeed, I'm a literary critic in the sense that I make a living writing. But I was not attacking the poster, I was "attacking" the post (although I was hoping it would be seen as a critique and not an attack).

I read the guidelines when I first signed in (as per the user agreement) and read them again before writing my critical post, just to make sure I felt comfortable that I wasn't crossing any lines in this forum. Apparently I have. This will be my final words in the Big Brother Area of this domain. I will seek a more tolerant venue to share impressions.

As they say, some folks can dish it out...

Cheers!

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-05, 05:30 PM (EST)
23. "FWIW..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-05 AT 05:35 PM (EST)

... people are permitted to criticize the content of the summaries. It has happened many times in the history of the board, as it is not prohibited. We treat such criticism of writing or style as quantitatively different than bashing another poster. If you want to see an example, see this post.

Of course, the summary writer is allowed to come up with a reply, as you can see in the following posts.

I'll let you decide who was a better writer for Ep. 3:
landsharck (the official summary)
AyaK (unofficial)

Whatever you may think, I respected landsharck for having the guts to back up his criticism with his pen (as well as the guts to wear a bunny suit in public, but that's another story).

I apologize for the miscommunication regarding this issue.

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-05 AT 08:32 AM (EST)

There's always someone in the bunch who just doesn't get it, and/or can't perform without a chip on their shoulder. On these boards there's usually ('specially these days, whew!) more than one. And we welcome them all (to varying degrees).

Vols, to iterate what I said before, good job, nice craftmanship, and nice restraint (the area where I occasionally fall short). I also write and edit for hobby and work (and I do other stuff), as do many others on these boards (evidenced by the professional nature of a lot of the writing). The writing of those who can't perform without a chip on their shoulder usually suffers for it.

I have noticed that the new posters who start out with outrageous and provocative posts do so because of first time post-itis (my word, and yes, I have an editor that calls me on crap like that), and that they either settle in, and get in step with the others, or fade. I think if your critic were to stick around we would actually benefit. He/she would have to get into the spirit of the RTVW boards and apparently that chip and his lack of ability to take criticism (as you did) will deter him/her.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-05, 04:46 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Big Brother Episode 19 Official Summary; Jen Takes One For The Team"
From one who understands the definition of "Bashers", and who reads the summaries specifically for the purpose of enjoying the humor included, may I say that, once again, you've done a fabulous job, Vols. I always enjoy your summaries, and this one was no exception.

Besides, unless I'm much mistaken, a game show is a competition. I can't think of any competitions where peeps don't have a bias of some sort about the competitors and outcome. If they didn't, what would be the point of watching? *boggle*

A Roll Dice Original http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •