The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-04, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
I don't get the live feeds--and right now I am very glad. Every stinking update I read includes Cowboy talking about how poor he is. How he makes less than $900 per month working. How if he comes in second, he'll have to go straight back to work. How he just wants to make a better life for his family. Boofrickinghoo, dumbass. I've never seen a contestant that seemed to feel so entitled to a victory. It's one thing to think that you "own" the game a la Hatch or Boston Rob, but for him to continue to play the poor card is just pathetic.

Grow a backbone, you putz.

--I hope he doesn't get a single vote.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... RaHead 09-19-04 1
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... CowboyIsCreepy 09-19-04 2
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-19-04 3
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... seahorse 09-19-04 4
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... Glass 09-20-04 5
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... samboohoo 09-20-04 6
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... Just Plain Bill 09-20-04 8
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... mamarizzo 09-20-04 7
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... mrc 09-20-04 9
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... Reality432423 09-20-04 10
       RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-20-04 13
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... samboohoo 09-20-04 11
       RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... mamarizzo 09-20-04 16
           RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... HistoryDetective 09-21-04 26
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-20-04 12
       RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... mamarizzo 09-20-04 17
           RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-20-04 19
               RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... mamarizzo 09-21-04 22
                   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... ongelis 09-21-04 23
                   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-21-04 28
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... missygirl3 09-20-04 14
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-20-04 15
 Love you mama! Glass 09-20-04 18
   RE: Love you mama! frisky 09-20-04 20
       RE: Love you mama! AugustGirl 09-21-04 25
       RE: Love you mama! HistoryDetective 09-21-04 27
           RE: Love you mama! okaychatt 09-21-04 29
               RE: Love you mama! HistoryDetective 09-21-04 33
       RE: Love you mama! samboohoo 09-21-04 31
   RE: Love you mama! ongelis 09-21-04 24
       RE: Love you mama! JustAnHerbalgirl 09-21-04 32
           RE: Love you mama! frisky 09-21-04 34
               RE: Love you mama! Glass 09-21-04 40
           RE: Love you mama! RealityAddict 09-21-04 37
 RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... bLkGrL323 09-20-04 21
   RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-21-04 30
       RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... frisky 09-21-04 35
       RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... HistoryDetective 09-21-04 36
           RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... okaychatt 09-21-04 38
               RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy.... ongelis 09-21-04 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

RaHead 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-04, 06:33 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
I couldn't agree more AK.

IMO, most people who want to make a better life for themselves & their families actually go out & make an effort. They go back to school, change jobs, get a job...Not go on TV & play the poor pity me card. Yes, unfortunately he is going home with some xtra cash, but thats cuz he rode behind everyone else to get there.

Ya know most people have obstacles in life. They pick up, move on, & learn from the experience. CB hasn't learned a thing & he'll still be b**ching & moaning long after the cameras are turned off.

CowboyIsCreepy 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-19-04, 07:39 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Hey, CowCrud, I got you beat. I make less than 600 a month.

He is so annoying. God, I pray this loser doesn't win.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-19-04, 10:13 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"Cowboy talking about how poor he is"

Oh, but CB has plans to remedy that. In addition to starring in a sitcom, CB plans to run for office. He has lots of friends in high political places. OR, he might just tag along as First Lady when April becomes governor.

http://tvclubhouse.bomis.com/forum/messages/10972/1720936.html?1095554106

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-04, 11:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
If he makes $900 a month that equals $10,800 a year. Winning $50,00 is equivalent to nearly 5 years pay. He ought to be pretty satisfied with second place.

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Glass 381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-20-04, 10:47 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
LAST EDITED ON 09-20-04 AT 10:48 AM (EST)

I like to think of this year's final two as (as we French Canadians call it)...
La Dernière Alliance Des Bébé La-Las.
Waah Waaah guys.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 11:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Well said, Kimmah.

I'd just like to add: Get a better paying job or get a second and/or third job. Just shut the heck up, already.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Just Plain Bill 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
And don't the contestants get $500/week while being in the house and/or sequestered? At that rate he's making twice as much every week in the house vs what he earned outside. Making it through the 12 weeks is the equivalent of 6 months pay for this guy, never mind the $50k.

mamarizzo 86 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 01:23 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Hi AnotherKim

According to the feeds, CB has at times worked 2 and 3 jobs at a time. From what I read, he lives in an area of OK that mostly has minimal wage jobs. It is TOUGH to make a living on those wages.

Secondly, he has been vague about his education above HS. I would be willing to bet he has not had many college classes. April, on the other hand, has graduated from college. She wants to go onto law school. This costs money.

If CB wants to go onto college at the same time that April goes to law school, that is going to cost money. In addition, they will need to support Chason.

He is only stating the facts. If he wants to do for his family, he will need the "big prize." This is not "crying poverty." It is stating the truth.

Dr, on the other hand, already has his degree and is planning on going onto grad school. His family, from all he has said according to the feeds, is fully capable of helping him do this. He is giving no indication of marrying anyone soon or having children soon.

When comparing these two, CB is perfectly correct in his statement about his "need" for the money. I think that Dr recognizes that need. Why should CB not use one of the potential things that he has on his side? Dr certainly used his looks and "other abilities" with Di to get to F2?

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 02:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"He is only stating the facts. If he wants to do for his family, he will need the 'big prize.' This is not 'crying poverty.' It is stating the truth."

Disagree. They can take out loans like almost every other college student (undergrad and grad) does to complete a degree. He wants the prize, but he does not need it.

That being said, playing the "poor, dumb hick" is a smart strategy.

Or is it "playing" when one really is?

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-04, 02:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
I agree, Cowboy has a security job, I use to have it. It's terrible job to have, extremly bad. I give Cowboy points on just keeping that lousey job and doing best for his family. But I'm surprised the father-in-law doesn't give Cowboy a good job. It sounds like he's well off. He should give Cowboy help and get him a decent job.

Nothing wrong with Cowboy using the poor card, to get ahead. Everyone has some asset to use. He turned a weakness to a strength that's good stategy.

I think getting an education is a waste for him. He should use that $50 000 (or $25 000) and use that to make more money for him. Maybe put it in a savings account. If he does that, he could get an extra $100 a month with that. Or he could start a business also.

Also he might get into a situation after BB5 where opportunity knocks on the door (who knows).

At least he's better off now then before. After having a security job (which I quit after disgust). I do feel for him a little. But his performance in the game was terrible, I felt he didn't deserve the final 2 spot. But it's cool, now his life will get better and he proved himself enterprising by going to BB5. That's the effort he made.

09-20-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"I'm surprised the father-in-law doesn't give Cowboy a good job."

Maybe April's dad sees what a loser the guy is and doesn't want to encourage the match? Honest now - why would anyone want this guy as an employee other than he shows up for work?

Granted, in this day and age, that's a rare thing. However, CB is not capable of making decisions on his own. I do not think he's a candidate for a management program.

On the other hand, his snitching ability is of All Star quality.

09-20-04, 03:40 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"In addition, they will need to support Chason."

Not sure all of the whole story surrounding Chason, except that (1)he's not Cowboy's real son, and (2)Cowboy is not yet married to April. Technically, Cowboy has no real obligation to support Chason, he chooses to. That's Cowboy's choice, and does not entitle him to the win.

09-20-04, 06:32 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Hi Sam,

You notice I did say "they." Regardless of what CB's legal and financial responsibilities are towards Chason, once he marries Chason's mom and Chason lives in the house (which is supposed to happen in December), he will be responsible for Chason. That is reality. Would you not feed the kid because he's not yours biologically?????

I deeply resent people's attitude that because Chason isn't his biological son, CB is not somehow attached to and therefore feeling responsible for the child. Karen said such things in the house and people have echoed it here.

As an adoptive mom, I will tell you my sons are MINE!!!! I am responsible for them and their welfare. Yes, they have biological parents but they are not currently in the picture and may never be. I will always be there for them. My husband feels the same way. After talking to a lot of men (before and after marriage) about adoption, I have found that it is not uncommon for most men to want to run from "another's responsiblility." The fact that CB does not, makes him a hero in my eyes.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 09:09 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Thanks, mamarizzo, for injecting a little bit of reality into reality television. Some people like to think that these programs exist in some sort of vacuum and have no connection at all to the "real world" but you very effectively remind us that important issues that affect our daily lives have a way of playing themselves out in these programs.

And, say what you will about the rest of his character and personality, I also agree that Cowboy deserves some respect for loving his fiance's kid as much as he loves his fiance.

09-20-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"This is not "crying poverty." It is stating the truth"

Hi mammarizzo.

Stating the truth is one thing, but CB oozes it out, spreads it around, squishes it, rubs it in, and then polishes it off on Drew. He's working Drew for some sympathy cash, and if Drew gives it to CB, then Drew is more of an idiot than I thought.

Cowbaby needs to get his own can of saddle soap and start polishing his own saddle.

Either that, or get a permit to beg on the set.

He's always looking for a quick fix - BB5, his own sitcom, free handouts. He needs to look more to himself than to others. April should run as far and as fast as she can to be rid of that Loser.

09-20-04, 07:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Hi OK,

I don't see him as a loser. I think he is a kind-hearted guy. I believe that he is intelligent. I believe that he has a learning disability, possibly dyslexia. Once a person is taught how to overcome that problem, most dyslexics go onto achieve well in school and in the job market. My father and brother had it. Dad's IQ was over 175, my brother's is about 140. Both of them were told in school that they were "stupid, lazy, losers." Neither one was or is. (My Dad is dead so I speak of him in the past tense.)

April has found a guy who loves her, did not go "after" other women in the house, accepts and loves her son as if he was his biological son, and respects her and her desires. He is not put off by the fact she wants to be a lawyer and may be more intelligent (at least book smart) than he is. She is lucky.

Before you scoff at my assessment of CB's intelligence, I would point out that he remembers things that happen well (a trait that dyslexics develop to cover for their problems), that he plays chess well enough to beat Dr several times, and that he is very good at card games (again a skill that relys on memorization skills). His speaking and breaking of the English language only plays into his dyslexia.

09-20-04, 09:58 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
You may be right. I just haven't seen the strategic skills being used to play the game. Lots of snitching, though.

Have you read any of the live feeds on tvclubhouse? CB is incredibly wrapped up in himself, and that's a major detraction for me. He's laying a huge guilt trip on Drew for some of the cash if CB loses. Any time Drew tries to get some time alone, CB is in Drew's face. Whenever Drew or another hg tries to tell a story, CB interrupts with one of his own.

CB looks outside of himself for a quick fix - bb, a sitcom, a handout from Drew. CB even resorted to hinting that the other hg's should throw competitions so he could be HOH. He needs to get cracking on learning a skill or on checking out college for himself. His delusions of grandeur and his manipulations are what annoy me.

09-21-04, 00:37 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Hi Okay,

I understand what you are saying but I think that is his strategy. Think about it. He goes into the house and sees the "big, strong, young guys" and the "young females" and a lot of them have college, so he knows they are more "book smart" than he is.

What does he have? He can ingraciate himself to people. He has a natural inclination towards being a kindly listener. He peddles knowledge for his own benefit. He works the one angle that he does have -- poverty. Will played "gay" card, Marvin played "black" card; CB played "poor" card. If either W or M were with Dr and hitting him over head about "gay" and "black" would you be down on them for such a strategy, or would you see it as part of the "game?"

Who knows, we may find out that CB's home sits on an oil field and he has all sorts of money but he could not make it through school. We just assume that he is telling the truth because his mom was a single mom. He may be using his Oklahoma hicksville for a real strategy.... And he may be playing on the bias of others (the stereotype of the single mother, the "cowboy" from Oklahoma, the type of speech problem he has) as part of his "game."

If you think this is improbable... Consider this nation's current fearless leader. He speaks much the same as CB and yet he is not "poor" still, if you met him outside of the White House and not knowing his name, what would you think?

It's just a thought....

ongelis 81 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 02:53 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
I agree with you on your thoughts mamarizzo. Every once in awhile, CB does or says something that is completely out of line with what we've come to "know" of him. Wish I could think of some examples, but can't ... these are minor things, but when they occur, I immediately think "huh?? Did CB say that?" And as soon as it happens, it's over. It's happened enough though that I've often wondered if there's a whole lot more to CB than meets the eye. On the other hand, those things might have been flukes. It's possible that as you said, what we're seeing is just how CB is playing it ... not how he really is.

You had also offered the speculation that perhaps we may find out that CB's home sits on an oil field and he has all sorts of money. Others have wondered about whether April's family had money, and if they did, why didn't her family help them (if CB & April are as poor as CB seems to present it). CB has said several times that he tries to do things on his own, that it's important for him, to provide for his family. He never said that her family wouldn't help them. If he asked, they probably would help ... but CB wants to do the providing, doesn't want to have it handed to him.

So, if he would win BB, is that having it handed to him? I don't think so. I think signing up for BB was CB's way of trying to get ahead abit. Some people sign up for BB, some buy Lottery tickets, some people invest, some just play Bingo. The point is that all of those people took some kind of action, and some will win, some won't. When he says that they need the money, I've took that to mean just it means. Most of us need / want / would prefer to have more than what we do. Most of the jobs available to him are probably minimum wage. No one ever gets ahead on minimum wage. So this is his opportunity for a break, and because he took the initiative, signed up, went through the interviews, was chosen and somehow has managed to last this long ... that's his way of hopefully making it happen. In some ways, I sort of hope he does win. On the other hand, it would be nice for Drew if he won. The money will help whoever wins it and anyone of the HG's would have deserved to win, if they had lasted until the F2 simply because they signed up for it.

09-21-04, 09:49 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"down on them for such a strategy, or would you see it as part of the "game?" "

I'd be down on them for such a strategy. I prefer players like Nakomis. She strategized and used her brain, yet remained ethical.

I do think CB is sincere in his love for Chason and April. I'm glad CB has his supporters. I'm just not one of them.

missygirl3 541 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
I could not agree more either, Kim. My a** that CB is poor and only makes $900/month & he thinks he is entitled to the money just because. I think he played a horrible game and does not even deserve the 50 grand. and the crazy ideas and getting his own show!! whatever. Everytime he whined and cried about not winning HOH pissed me off and he kept they should let him win. I hope and pray Drew wins!! CB does not deserve the $$$!!!!!!

09-20-04, 05:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
"I hope and pray Drew wins!! "

And I hope and pray Drew doesn't share his winnings with Cowbaby. He's laying such a huge guilt trip on Drew.

CB is too creepy and lowlife for words.

09-20-04, 09:45 PM (EST)
18. "Love you mama!"
I'm with the bleeding hearts on this one... call me a welfare-handing Canadian Liberal bleeding heart because that's exactly what I am.

Yes, Cowboy's a butt. Yes, he's silly. Yes, his game sucked. No, I probably wouldn't hire him to manage my finances or my office. No, he doesn't deserve to win the Big Brother contest. And thinking about it, only one person made it past week 3 that I would have voted for him over (the guy he's sitting next to). And YES, he's most definitely a gigantic baby waah waah whiner.

But come on now, "get another job or two or three," "Helping April and Chason is CB's choice." That stuff is really easy to say, in my opinion... it's always much more difficult to get into somebody's skin and sympathize. When you're living in an area that's low-development, have very few skills (whether it's your fault or not), and have drawn a short lot in the beauty and (I'm gonna say intelligence, but Mama, you know what I mean), it's really really really hard and I don't believe for a single solitary second that most North Americans could do any better than CB has. CB sure as sh!t makes more of a contribution to society than a million people in either of our countries that are smarter, prettier, richer and more successful than he is.

And as far as this business with Chason goes... Be serious here. How many men do the women out there know who wouldn't touch you if they knew right away (Or maybe they wouldn't touch you after they found out?) you had a baby? And when you find a guy who will, and embraces your lifestyle and your family, you think he's a saint, don't you. But because it's cowboy and he's a baby and he's shown himself to be mostly incompetent, it's somehow a failing of his? Come on now, I have no words.

Cowboy is easily, easily more of a man than AT BEST 70% of men out there, IMO. He's 80% the kind of man we should all strive to be.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-04, 10:14 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Love you mama!"
...but he shouldn't win the game because of all of those things.

He thinks that he should win because he is poor. If that's the case, then why bore us all summer? Why not just take the 13 finalists, do up a spreadsheet of income, and whoever has the lowest, hand them half a mill?

I have a problem with how CB gets very upset with people for not handing him things. He does not seem to be able to draw a line between being handed an HOH win and actually accomplishing this himself. He has no sense of pride! He thinks that BB is going to land him a sitcom, but he doesn't consider that people work for years and train for years to make it in Hollywood, and most don't. Who will CB blame for his failure as a Hollywood star? It won't be himself.

I think that if these behaviours were absent, I might find it in my heart to feel sorry for him. But for now, this guy has to learn that you have to work and PLAN to get ahead.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 08:03 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Love you mama!"
Yeah! I agree 100% with you Frisky. Cowboy has done nothing but whine, complain, and beg for things to be handed to him. The only thing he won outright was the "go-den" veto.

As much as I despised Jun and Alison for making it to the finals last year, at least both of them played the game, and played the game hard. Cowboy has not played the game. He rode the coattails of whomever was available at the time. He had no original thought or game plan, and now is just trying to beg money from Drew. Pathetic and sad. Very sad.

a J Slice original. isn't she something?

09-21-04, 09:23 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Love you mama!"
Hi Frisky! I love your sig (especially the headbutt).

I agree with much of what you have written about Cowboy expecting people to hand things to him, like an HOH win, but I do think that he had some cause to be upset when Drew won HOH when only four HGs were left - not because Cowboy deserved to have anything handed to him, but because the AGREEMENT between Cowboy, Drool, and Diane had been to let Cowboy win so neither of them would have to take the heat for nominating Nakomis. Then Drool's ego got involved and he ended up winning HOH with a PERFECT SCORE in the Before & After quiz. I don't think that Cowboy was complaining as much about not having HOH handed to him as he was expressing concern that he had an agreement with Drool and then Drool did not live up to his end of the bargain.

I'm also not certain that Cowboy is making an argument that he deserves the moneyy because he has the lowest income of ALL the HGs. I think that he is only drawing a comparison between himself and Drool: "Look, nobody seems happy that Drool and I are the final two. You all think that we BOTH got here by dubious means, that BOTH of us rode other people's coattails. So, if you are equally disgusted with both of us for how we played the game then maybe you could consider financial need as a possible tiebreaker." Whether he wins or loses, Drool is going to have a lot more fame and fortune outside the Big Brother house (because he is sooooo dreeeeeamy - and CBS has edited him to look like a much nicer guy that he is) so if I were a member of the jury I'd be willing to give Cowboy the benefit of the doubt on this one. Besides, Cowboy has said all along that he is playing for his family, but I get the impression that Drool is just playing for Drool.

And, yes, I am disgusted that I am actually defending Cowboy. Anybody else in the jury deserves to be in the final two much more than either of the two clowns who actually made it. But this is an election year so we will have to be content with mediocrity...

09-21-04, 09:54 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Love you mama!"
"I don't think that Cowboy was complaining as much about not having HOH handed to him as he was expressing concern that he had an agreement with Drool and then Drool did not live up to his end of the bargain."

You're probably right, but the way CB WHINES about it is what drives me up the wall and back down again. He's so needy and weak. UGH.

I have to wonder if the jury will vote not so much for someone as vote against someone else. I know that's where I'm at for the national elections this year. Sigh.

09-21-04, 10:29 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Love you mama!"
"the way CB WHINES about it is what drives me up the wall and back down again. He's so needy and weak."

I completely agree, okaychatt! I would have respected Cowboy much more if instead of whining about not winning HOH he had actually *confronted* Drool and said something like "Hey, we had an agreement. What happened? Why didn't you follow through?!" Plus, it might have been a first step in getting over his man-crush on Drool and actually thinking for himself.

09-21-04, 10:14 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Love you mama!"
Thank you Frisky (and AugustGirl).

Outside the house, I'm sure Cowboy is one of the nicest guys in the world. And I think it's great that he loves Chason and accepts him as his own son. Geez, I would have loved to have had that in my life.

But he's playing a fricking game, along with 13 other people. And like I said everyone can justify a need for a half million dollars. He probably would have won more respect from me if he had just shut up about it. But he just keeps driving and driving and driving his poor sob story into the ground. Just because he's so wonderful outside the game doesn't mean he should have everything handed to him in the game, especially the big prize.

As I recall, Cowboy has sunk to the same level of gameplay as everyone else. He was an original horsemen, and was on board early on with a plan to boot A. Then when Jase and Scott are gone and A is HOH, he tells her he wants to save A and Nat and that he's been with A from the beginning. WTF? And I would have actually liked to have seen him win the final HOH just to have to pick between Drew and Diane. As I recall he made a promise to both of them. He obviously wouldn't have been able to honor both of those promises.

09-21-04, 03:20 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Love you mama!"
Cowboy is easily, easily more of a man than AT BEST 70% of men out there, IMO. He's 80% the kind of man we should all strive to be.

I couldn't agree more. No one is perfect, but it's what's in one's heart that makes all the difference.

JustAnHerbalgirl 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-21-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Love you mama!"
So many people say cb doesn't deserve to win because of the way he 'played the game'. Whether you liked the way he played or not-- it worked! He's in the f2.. He's a winner.
Was the way he played his strategy all along? If so it was pure genius - BECAUSE IT WORKED! If not a strategy then it's even better- That would mean he made it this far just being himself. Annoying? yes he can be VERY annoying. However most of what I've heard him say has been sweet- he clearly loves April and Chasen. As far as being a snitch-- He considered Drew his friend and saw dr's 'girlfriend' kissing another guy... Could have been strategy or just cb doing what he thought a friend should do...

09-21-04, 01:37 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Love you mama!"
>>Whether you liked the way he played or not-- it worked! He's in the f2..

BINGO!!

And if Cowboy wants to win over the hearts of the viewers and producers and the jury, THAT is what he has to slam down their/our throats, not the financial need crap!

He said on the live feeds after the jury Q&A that it sounds like the jury isn't voting based on who needs the money! WTG, Sherlock! Stick your neck out there then, and explain to the jury every dirty stinkin move you made to get yourself to the F2! Even if you did ride coattails, explain how you methodically changed from one coattail to another. That is what will get you the win.

09-21-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Love you mama!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-04 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

Woah woah woah, guys! LOL!

I have to make absolute sure that nobody is misenterpreting my meaning here... No way in hell do I believe CB should be in F2 whether he's there now or not! I think to say "It worked because he's F2" is faulty logic. Nothing "worked" because he didn't "do" much to have "work".

But yeah, he's there. And I have to deal with that. Like I said, there's only three people that I might have voted for CB over, that was Drew, Holly and MAYBE Lori. And two of them were gone in the first 3 weeks.

And thanks for the support Ongelis, I was wondering how people would react to that statement!

ETA: I meant to mention, I didn't mean to come down on the bashers, I think I thought I was in fanatics for a second there!

RealityAddict 327 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Love you mama!"
I agree Herbalgirl. He's in the F2 -- maybe it was luck or maybe it was strategy, but he's walking away with some $$$! He can be annoying, but I think he is a good guy. When it comes down to deciding between Dr and CB, I choose CB all the way.

*waves* Welcome to the boards Herbalgirl!!!

bLkGrL323 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-20-04, 11:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
I TOTALLY AGREE W/ U.... HE THINKS HE HAS TO WIN THE GAME AND ALL... I HOPE HE LOSES!

09-21-04, 10:02 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
It's CB's sense of entitlement to the prize that gets me.

CB - get off your duff and look to yourself to win something other than a win on bb or the gift of a sitcom without any training in acting.

Quit looking to others to solve your problems. Go back to school. Become a skilled carpenter or plumber or electrician. Enroll in a nurse practitioner program or physician's assistant program or medical technology program. Become a massage therapist. Get a job in road construction. Anything except spending your life whining about what you don't have and looking for an easy way out.

Geesh, CB - There's all kinds of opportunities out there. If Oklahoma doesn't have what you need, move to another state.

09-21-04, 01:39 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
>Become a massage therapist.

You know, I'm a massage ho, and I'll allow anyone to pet me, but *bone-chilling shudder*.

09-21-04, 02:06 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
Ummm, please never send me to a hospital where Cowboy works as a nurse...

09-21-04, 03:18 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
:"Ummm, please never send me to a hospital where Cowboy works as a nurse"

I know - the thought does elicit shivers of intense fear, doesn't it?

09-21-04, 03:38 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Cry me a river, Cowboy...."
LAST EDITED ON 09-21-04 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Awww ... come on now ... it's only CB. He's just a good ole boy and his heart belongs only to April. The worst that could happen is you might catch sight of him streaking down the hallway, showing off his Stetson ...

(Edited ... darn typos!)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •