The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Twins blamed for twinglish"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

mamarizzo 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-10-04, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Twins blamed for twinglish"
I am tired of W and others (except Di and Dr) blaming A & N for twinglish. It is so common for twins (and even close sibs) to start a sentence only to have the other finish it. It even happens when twins are reunited after having lived apart and raised separately due to adoption.

My mother was one of three sets of twins in her family and it was a riot to watch the twins finish each other. And, when the twin died, it was hard sometimes in family discussions to watch the twin waiting for the other one to "come into" the discussion. When one of the sets of twins had a bad car accident that left her with brain damage that impaired her speech, having the other twin available was one of the few ways she managed to keep the frustrations down.

Twins do NOT operate with one brain divided between two individuals. And I resent the implications that they are impaired by such a circumstance. I may not have liked certain things that A & N did; I may think they were stupid/dumb/naive for believing in Di, but they are not the only ones in that house to believe her. Bashing them for twinship is a cheap shot... Like bashing M for his race or W for his sexual orientation.

Okay, I guess you know I feel strongly about this. Just tired of it....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Twins blamed for twinglish syren 09-10-04 1
   RE: Twins blamed for twinglish mamarizzo 09-10-04 2
       RE: Twins blamed for twinglish syren 09-10-04 3
           RE: Twins blamed for twinglish mamarizzo 09-10-04 4
               RE: Twins blamed for twinglish syren 09-10-04 5
                   RE: Twins blamed for twinglish mamarizzo 09-10-04 6
                       RE: Twins blamed for twinglish syren 09-10-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-04, 08:02 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

Twinglish for the sake of BB is not them finishing their sentances.....did you watch the show where they were speaking in Adria and Nat language..that is what Diane was refering to when she used the term twinglish, noone could understand them.
By A and Nat's actions, when they are together, they do act as though they are one, not two.
IMHO I do not think that the term twinglish, has made me determine that "twins" as a whole group containing every twin ever speaks or acts this way. I do not think anyone was tryingto refer that all twins do this. I know that I have not said things good about A or Nat, I cannot stand them as people, alot of that stems from we are special you are not attitudes. I do not think nor will I ever think that this is normal behavior for anyone.
Back to my main point for the sake o BB argument Twinglish was not ment as finishing their sentances, but as a different language that they were speaking that noone understood that only they understood.

BTW:
If I have not welcomed you to the boards...heres a warm and fuzzy welcome.....love the name makes me think of the movie grease......

09-10-04, 08:33 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"
Syren,

Thanks for the welcome...

I know that twinglish was the special language referred to by Di, she said that she and her sister did the same thing. Dr said that when he and his brother were in Frat house if one said something and other said same, the frat boys would discount it as "it's only the twins."

I think that the "special language" is a factor among twins. I know my family's twins had special words and phrases and often did not communicate in ways that outsiders would have understood what was being said but they knew. I think some studies have been done on twins and found that this is not uncommon. In fact, if memory serves, one set of twins were studied because they did not just develop special words but a whole language with a grammar structure and a formal development.

What I object to is the HGs and to some extent the commentators on line of combining A & N as one person. It worked against them in the process of being voted out and continued to work against them in the sequester house.

Let me ask this M and W had an alliance of sorts. Suppose M on his way out said something to the extent of "Remember, W is my buddy and I know things now that I will impart to him. Some should fear two votes against them..." Would the commentators have brought up how M and W think with one brain and act together? No... Still, it was brought up by the HGs and the commentators here as a negative against both A & N when A said it....

That is my objection....

09-10-04, 08:46 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"
"Let me ask this M and W had an alliance of sorts. Suppose M on his way out said something to the extent of "Remember, W is my buddy and I know things now that I will impart to him. Some should fear two votes against them..." Would the commentators have brought up how M and W think with one brain and act together? No... Still, it was brought up by the HGs and the commentators here as a negative against both A & N when A said it.... "

_______I completely understand what you are saying however, while watching the feeds, me myself and I, dispised the twins....they did act as one, not of two, but then they would whine about not being treated as two. Most nights when A was HOH they locked the door so noone could come in, they wouldn't even answer it, when someone knocked. When they actually did talk to people and were together, they not only dominated all conversations but overdominated them. They used the bible to excuse all of their actions. I don't have a problem with twinglish, however when used in the context that they used it in, I can see where many of the HG's had a a problem.
Now about the Marvin and Will thing......if will had said hey will's my bud and I am gonna tell him everything, I think that people would have been upset, but they would have seen that these two people do not act as though they are one person. Because they never implemented that to anyone. A and nat did. No matter how much you want to say that they did not, they did. IMHO they would not have had any problems if they would not have tried to win the relay race of mouths. How A said oh yeah and thats from Nat too, gave off the feeling, at least to me, that she was speaking for her sister that she wanted so desperaty to be individualized from.

That is my objection....

09-10-04, 09:46 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"
This is long, my apologies. I am trying for clarity....

While A may "speak for her sister" as a parting shot. That is just what it is -- a parting shot. My brother and I are close (not twins) and I often said when we were younger and living in the same area "and that goes for my brother too." Was I correct? Not all the time. Did the others take me seriously? Sometimes. Was it a "good parting shot." You bet. It did a lot to make the other person think....

What I object to is the assumption that almost everyone makes that A does speak for N. Yes, they agreed on a lot of things but so did Jase and Scott. But no one assumed that Jase and Scott were automatically "one brain in two bodies" as W said about the twins (although I thought it might be so about J&S ) or that they are "two dogs going after the same bone" (when they were both trying to "do" Holly). These nasty comments are directed at the twins, I feel, simply because of their twinship. I think if Di and her twin and Dr and Ben were both together W and others would be making same comments about them.

Mind you, I don't like several things that A did nor several things that N did. But that does not mean that I put that to twinship, just like I don't put Jase's and Scott's actions towards jockship. However, if people on the board would say "that's just like a jock" about those two it would be similar, IMHO, to the comments made about how A & N worked together. Of course they did, that was the whole point of DNA!

Twins are different, even identical ones, if you take the time to learn about them. However, I feel that the HGs did not try to learn about them. They constantly referred to the as "together" as if they were truly joined at the hip. I believe that once the HGs got over the shock of the "switch" there was no hope for either A or N. They were going to go because they were a team that could not be divided and all the HGs recognized this (because of their previous relationship not because of twinship). I don't think that either A or N could have done anything to change it. The fact that they acted the way they did only gave the HGs an excuse, IMHO, to do what the HGs wanted to do anyway.

Plus, if the only thing you were being asked was "who said/did this...?" How tired would you get of it? So often things were done more than once in the house, I would have a hard time saying which time it was me or my twin (if I had one). Apparently from comments made by Di and Nokomis, there was more than one "pinky swear" ceremony.

M objected to the "other" being isolated in a "fancy hotel by herself." That the "other" had it easy. But I find that almost impossible. Imagine being "isolated" from everyone else and on PB&J (as she was the first week) with NOTHING to do -- no reading, no TV, no one to talk to. Just waiting to switch out with other twin. I don't know many of us who could do that. I think that may have contributed to the "togetherness" that they had after they got back together. It may also have contributed to the arrogance (I did something you probably could not do) that they should have avoided....

Just a few of my thoughts...

09-10-04, 10:12 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"

Actually they were allowed to read books when they were switching, both have admitted to that.....

We are not going to see eye to eye on this matter, they did not act as two individuals, and IMHO (and watching them laugh about making everyone wonder on the live feeds) they did not tell people who did what, as part of their strategy.
I am not associating their behavior as that of all twins, my great grandma had three sets of twins....two of which were idetentical. I have two sets of cousin twins, and when I have spoken to them about A and Nat (as they are bb fans as well) they were appaled at how they were acting and saying that their attitudes and self inclusion was going to make it seem as though everyone thought that twins were like that, they even said that their twinglish was a little extreme, that it went from wow, they talk like we do, to whoa that's about the only way they talk, no wonder noone wants to be around them.

As individuals their holier than thou carp got way on my nerves, I cannot stand anyone twins included to use their faith as a way to excuse their actions.

But before I go on, I know that we will never agree on this matter. So agree to disagree, because if this goes on we will just keep debating the exact same thing over and over again, which is pointless. I understand your position, mine however is just different. We are looking at the same situation with different biases, we will never agree.

09-10-04, 10:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"
Agree,

This is a BTW, was your g-grandmother Canadian? Just wondering. Three sets of twins with two identical is unusual in "the old days" when lots of children died, especially twins (because of low birth weight, etc.). I also have twin cousins....

It is tough on us children of twins with their twinglish. I use some words my mother and those twins created (I understand because they became part of family vocabulary) and I am forever getting looks. Some of these words, I like to pass onto my own kids as a continuation of a "twin" tradition.

09-10-04, 11:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Twins blamed for twinglish"
Nope she wasn't canadian, however my grandmother had two babes pass away in early months, and one stillbirth. My family is huge, my g-grandmother had 16 kids, my grandmother had 14 (including the three who passed) and my I myself have 13 sibilings. Not to mention how many kids my aunts and uncles have.....my clan is HUGE. My uncle does our geneology, and he has a site, with photos from the old days, if I can get ahold of him I will pass it on. LMAO. I know about the risks with having twins, and it was in the old days, you can tell by their names, my grammies was Raphel Tulip and her twin was Raphel Lilly. And they did have it hard, pretty much my whole family has grown up in coal camps, with medical care, by todays standards, however my dad swears back in the old days (he's 70) that they had a cure for the common cold, he and my mom say that it was black pills that the Dr. who came around gave you and that it would knock it out of you.

"It is tough on us children of twins with their twinglish. I use some words my mother and those twins created (I understand because they became part of family vocabulary) and I am forever getting looks. Some of these words, I like to pass onto my own kids as a continuation of a "twin" tradition."

_________that's cool that you are passing it on, children nowadays need to know of their family, too many people don't pass the small info on.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •