The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was that not the most obviously fixed veto challenge ever?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-05-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was that not the most obviously fixed veto challenge ever?"
If ever there was evidence of the producers of Big Brother trying to manipulate the outcome of the game - I'd say that the model/beauty pageant challenge was it! I couldn't believe it. After all of the contestants comment on how much it would shake things up if Amy won, the contest just happens to TOTALLY favour Amy - AND they added the extra incentive of the massage just to make sure she wouldn't throw it. It isn't just coincidence that Roddy mentioned having prior conversations with Amy (that CBS recorded) about how she had to walk around for days with a book on her head.

It drives me crazy when my illusions of reality shows being reality are shattered. I need to stop being so naieve. But it's just no fun otherwise!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was that not the most obviously... SurvivinDawg 09-05-02 1
 Have you forgotten?? CSHS79 09-05-02 2
   RE: Have you forgotten?? zzz 09-05-02 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-05-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Was that not the most obviously fixed veto challenge ever?"
And after ALL that has happened to this point, how does this come as a surprise?

Not only did AMY practice this in the past, but with her being shorter than the others, her lower center of gravity made her a very likely candidate to win (and for RODDY to lose with his greater height and higher center of gravity).

Fixed? Say it ain't so!

P.S. my cynicism is not directed at you, Survivorchick.

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." -- Thomas Paine

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-05-02, 04:36 PM (EST)
2. "Have you forgotten??"
Practicing for challenges has always been a part of the game, it is just up to each contestant just how much they practice.Besides
this is not the first time it's been pointed out a particular challenge would favor one over the other.
I for one am glad Amy not only won but that she didn't use veto!

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-05-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Have you forgotten??"
>Practicing for challenges has always been
>a part of the game,
>it is just up to
>each contestant just how much
>they practice.

If you were talking about practicing while in the house--you would be correct. But Amy practiced walking with a book on her head A LOT before she ever got in the house because she is a former beauty pageant contestant. Basically, this challenge is about as fair as if they made it a weight lifting competition (I think it is obvious that Roddy could lift more than Jason, Marci or any of the women). The BB producers knew Amy had this talent from her days practicing her posture and would almost certainly win if she tried. That is call "the fix is in". Challenges should not inherently advantage one particular contestant.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •