The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #6 List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-05-16, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-16 AT 06:53 AM (EST)

They say imitation is the best form of flattery. I’m going to flatter Michel and imitate his idea from last week. So it’s not a total copy job, I’ll incorporate a twist this week with my category titles.

PENTHOUSE

PAULIE
GOOD – Dominating the season thus far. Aside from his obvious competition prowess, he’s pulling the right strings, firing the right shots, and winning over most of the House. Very risky volunteering to be a pawn for the second time, but the return was worth the risk thanks to his proactive clutch play.
BAD – Anti-Darwin Syndrome

PAUL
GOOD – Even though Paulie loaded the gun, Paul fired the shot to evict Da’Lusional. That made this poster very happy. In the end not sure how successful his various attempts at damage control will be but he gets props for taking a visionary approach and at least making those attempts.
BAD – Parading around the House in that silly HOH robe is comparable to those ridiculous end zone TD celebrations in the NFL. It may make the highlight reel, but they never sit well with the opposition.

MAIN FLOOR

BRIDGETTE
GOOD – Being infatuated with Frank was goofy, but her despair over his eviction seemed genuine. So for her to rebound as quickly as she did was commendable. Granted going from Frank’s arms to Paulie’s side would be the envy of most females. And kudos for being able to see through Da’Sh!tstarter.
BAD – Although the male HGs could offer needed protection for the immediate time, to win she’ll need to defeat them in several competitions. Ain’t happening.

NICOLE
GOOD – When Julie revealed Da’s one-way ticket, Nicole must have let out a huge sigh of relief. Even though she waffled over being Paul’s pawn, she did win some favor by initially stepping up. Remains in pretty good position.
BAD – Doesn’t seem to be in favor with the female HGs. Not a catastrophe, but like Bridgette, may need to beat the boys in critical comps. Ain’t happening.

JAMES
GOOD – Coming off an HOH week with no blood splatter on him is laudable. Despite Da’Dummy’s plan to break up the showmances, his name has not come up as a target. Past the halfway mark (counting days) as a former HG, reigning America’s Player, and no slouch in competitions that’s saying something.
BAD – His “rookie mistake” was inexcusable. That male bonding session in the Jacuzzi could have been subtitled, “Pillsbury Dough Boy meets Men’s Health magazine.”

SERVANT’S QUARTERS

COREY
GOOD – Hard to believe a 6’6” athlete has been playing UTR, but that’s exactly what’s happening.
BAD – Unless he pulls a 180 and shows some proactivity in his game, being Nicole’s man-bitch will be his legacy this season.

NATALIE
GOOD – Will go as far as James will take her. Since he’s the one more infatuated that could be for a while.
BAD – Remember Victoria? I try to forget, but it’s difficult with Natalie in the House.

ZAKIYAH
GOOD – Will go as far as Paulie will take her...
BAD - ...since she’s the one more infatuated it may not be as long as Natalie. Paulie opting to share a bed with Paul over her can’t be a good sign.

NOTE: This current HOH battle seems to be a comp more in Natalie and Zakiyah’s wheelhouse so a move up to the Penthouse could be imminent for either one of them.

VICTOR
GOOD – Winning his way back into the House, he cleared that crucial two-week hurdle. Appears pretty solid with the Bros. With the main goats evicted he may now be the next best thing to sit next to in the Finals.
BAD – As Da confirmed, being a returning player makes him a logical DE victim.

BASEMENT

MICHELLE
GOOD – For week #6, not much.
BAD – I never thought we’d ever see a more annoying and pathetic crier than Amber (BB8.) We may have one in Michelle. Forget High School, go back to Junior High.

OUT DA’DOOR

DA’ JUROR
GOOD – Of all the contestants in Realty Show history, I’ve never had so much fun with someone’s name.
BAD – Had Tiffany not put you up as a replacement RK nomination two weeks ago, would your hand gone up to volunteer as a pawn” Hell No! So don’t be walking around with a bug up your butt over Nicole not on the block. You know what’s coming...another example of Da’Dot calling Da' Kettle Black. As happy as I am with her departure, I wish she was not going to the Jury House. Her place is back home as a REAL “Momma Da” to be with her kid instead of separating herself for TWO summers in a row during her child’s most critical developmental stages to play some game and to live a DAW’s dream.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #6 List kingfish 08-06-16 1
   Warning to Aruba and Lurkers michel2 08-06-16 2
   RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-06-16 3
       RE: Week #6 List kingfish 08-06-16 4
           RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-06-16 6
           RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-07-16 8
               RE: Week #6 List kingfish 08-07-16 10
                   RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-07-16 12
 RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-06-16 5
   RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-07-16 7
       RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-07-16 13
           RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-07-16 15
               RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-07-16 20
                   RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-08-16 21
                       RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-08-16 22
                           RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-09-16 23
                               RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-09-16 24
                                   RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-10-16 25
                                       RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-11-16 26
                                           RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-11-16 27
   RE: Week #6 List kingfish 08-07-16 9
       RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-07-16 11
           RE: Week #6 List Aruba 08-07-16 14
               RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-07-16 17
           RE: Week #6 List kingfish 08-07-16 16
               RE: Week #6 List michel2 08-07-16 18
                   RE: Week #6 List kingfish 08-07-16 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 19256 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-16, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-16 AT 04:01 PM (EST)

]

I also like the Good/Bad method of describing them, because they all do have positives and negatives, and that's a great way of discussing them. I also like the Penthouse to Basement rating system. Inventive and fun.

But just to offer a little more variety, I'll do it another way.

Comfortable
Victor
Good; Probably survived the boomerang.

Bad; If he isn't careful and smart, the choices he makes now are more likely than usual to cause him to be targeted .

Paul;
Good: He's comfortable this week. He's pretty full of himself, and continues to be irritating as all get out, but he has actually made some pretty sound decisions, like trying to convince Da' that he was on her side, helpful in case she had the return ticket or in the event that she was on the jury. She didn't seem to be buying it, but when the jury vote happens she will have to pick someone, and with her record of piling up grievances, neither may be very palatable to her.

Makes plans, thinks about backup plans, and can be objective enough to change targets if it seems advisable.

Bad: Obsessive targeting of Bridgette. WTF? She's just a mouse in a house of coyotes, not a dangerous opponent, and she could even be a decent goat. So WTF? Fortunately for him Paulie was able to correct his folly. This time.

Paul, 23, living at home (in a mansion, I might add), with a convict (going by visual impressions) for a best friend. So, he's not "My Boy", or "Your Boy", he's "Mamma's Boy". IMO he's also "Irritating Boy".

Paulie
Good. He should be comfortable. Did an outstanding job this week engineering the ouster of Da'.

He is also trying to distance himself from the sleek, seductive and seeming very willing Zak which is good is a strategic way if not totally normal for a testosterone driven guy. Normally I would question his sanity, and I still sorta do, but an unusually perceptive and strategic move. If it weren't for the fact that she would definitely not understand, he could go for a little late night nookums while pretending to be apart during the day. But you know women, they need the day time affections too.

He killed during the last Veto Challenge. He won every single heat. It might have been closer if Corey hadn't jumped the gun in the first heat.

Bad: He engineered Da's boot. This week he gets a pass on the Bad.

James
Good; Handled his HoH laudably. It was not a dangerous week for him, he put up two boot targets either of which would have kept his hands clean, and he didn't fight the house when they went for Frank. Some luck, some skill, good for him.

Bad; Half of a couple, and time is fast approaching when the couples have to be targeted or they might dominate the game. At some point he'll have to burn Natalie or she'll have to burn him.

Corey
He is athletic (I strongly suspect he threw the last Veto challenge) so he may have a strategic HoH win or two ahead of him. He's also an Aggie. Gig'um.

Bad; He is half of a couple, and he acts like a scholarship Jock who takes a lot of finger-painting classes.

Uncomfortable
Natalie
Good; No obvious enemies.

Bad; Half of a couple. Maybe some unobvious enemies. It seems there is some tension among the girls, esp. between Meech and Zak toward her.

Bridgette;
Good; Survived being on the block for two straight evictions, the last one of which had her as the HoH main target. Managed to portray herself as a non-threat with out Frank on the scene, and as a possible vote for the Paul/Paulie alliance. Also, she showed that she wasn't totally with out a backbone and clueless when she refused to buy what Da' was selling.

Bad: She's a floater now. The house will probably either target floaters or couples. She will surely be nominated if Bridgette get the power to nominate.

Hot Seat
Nicole
Good; Cute, still a good diary room interview (it helps to turn down the treble control on the audio equalizer), and probably the producers would like to see her last. (Coming up with a Good for her is a stretch). She has Corey on her side, and that seems to be a calming influence.

Bad; Half of a couple. Has become emotional, her game judgement is failing. She could be named this week.

Meech
Good; (I got nothing)

Bad; An Emotional wreck, and she doesn't seem to be acting. Everything that happens is interpreted by her as being against her. And she's a floater in a week when floaters become logical targets. A very easy target.

Zak;
Good; Nice figure, sweet bod. I would imagine that the producers would like to find a challenge or two that tilted to Zak in order to prolong her exposure.

Bad; Her main ally, Da', was booted, leaving her without anyone. Her judgement to blindly ally with Da' with zero backup plans was really stupid and potentially fatal. She'll be seeing Julie soon enough.

Buh by, Bitch
Da'Vonne
Good. Was perceptive enough to see the end coming, or so she says. I don't really buy it, I think she fooled herself up to the end, and it was her ego caused her to claim otherwise.

Bad; She is paranoid, mean-spirited, vindictive, and not intelligent enough to use these traits to her own advantage.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 1719 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-06-16, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Warning to Aruba and Lurkers"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-16 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Edited: Kingfish let info slip about Sunday's events. I've asked him to edit his post.

Kingfish made edits to his post. Thank you, milord fish.

08-06-16, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week #6 List"
Working on my bathroom renovation project. Taking a break and just popped in now so apparently whatever unintentional spoilers Kingfish posted, I never saw. No biggie but thanks Michel for keeping my suspense intact until Sunday.

Love your assessment on Paul. Sure looks like the dude does not need the 500K. Personally I thought his family rocked; weekend cookouts would be a blast. But I hear you on the “convict.” When he introduced himself I was expecting something like, “Hi, I’m Paul’s Uncle Psycho...but best friend?

I don’t believe Corey threw the POV. I liked how they incorporated reaction time to the start so it was not purely physical. He just got psyched out by the word associations. Considering Corey, not too surprising.

I’m not seeing Nicole on the “hot seat.” The HGs who would target her can’t win squat. She’s seems pretty solid with the competition strong side of the House. And worst case scenario even if one of the inept come out ahead on some Mickey Mouse comp, whoever she’ll be sitting next to would most likely be a strong competitor a majority of the House would end up Anti-Darwining instead of her.

08-06-16, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-16 AT 11:24 AM (EST)

I scrubbed it.

Track athletes (esp. sprinters) work on their reaction to a gun that they can't jump or they're disqualified. And Corey also mentioned that he was a state sprint record holder or something like that, so he should have the experience and muscle memory to have a huge advantage for that kind of start. Texas is a big state, so that actually means something. And to go out at almost the first chance raises my suspicions. To go along with that suspicion is the thought that if the producers wanted to bias a challenge his way, that would be the way. Why they would do that at this particular juncture is hard to fathom, however.

On the other hand, he would have had to have been devious and strategic enough to realize that winning this HoH wouldn't be to his advantage. So maybe not.

08-06-16, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Week #6 List"
I apologize if you felt I was censuring your post. I know how much Aruba hates being spoiled so I just wanted to avoid it.

Much like Matt before Rob educated him, I don't think Corey is smart enough to realize the advantage of throwing challenges. Needing only to avoid last place, making a false start was inexcusable.

(but not as dramatic as the swimmer who just got DQed from the 400 IM heat. Travelling all the way to Rio to see your journey end before the race even starts must be gut-wrenching)

08-07-16, 11:41 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Week #6 List"
Sprinter’s reaction time is to the sound of the gun or buzzer. A track star could all-Universe and it would not prepare him/her for needing to react to rhyming words flashing up sporadically on a screen.

08-07-16, 12:13 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Week #6 List"
True. But basically, he was trained to not jump the gun. As we all know, a sprinter tensely waits, waits, waits, then starts when the signal comes. And of course, anybody can do a false start. But I think that this was an analogous situation, and a definite advantage for someone who is trained to wait for the gun to being able to wait for the right word. He was the only one that was mentioned as having training like tat.

Paulie was so fast that it is conceivable that he has had starting block training too.

08-07-16, 12:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Week #6 List"
Your points are valid, yet what we don't know for sure is exactly HOW LONG the players had to stay in that prone position. A trained sprinter/track start is conditioned to maintain control of his/her "jitters" for several seconds at the most before the gun goes off.

Like I said we do not know exactly how long they remained in that starting position, but I would venture to guess a heck of a lot longer than several seconds...several minutes would be my guess...and perhaps even longer.

As a former semi-pro soccer player (the same sport Paulie excels at) wind sprints are a daily fixture in all its practice sessions. From personal experience many coaches turn the wind sprints (that not surprising would conclude a practice session) into a team competition where the first several players crossing the line get to head for the showers and the ones who lagged needed to stay on the field and run extra laps.

Wouldn't qualify that as "starting block training," but the better your reaction time, the quicker you get to the showers.

08-06-16, 06:45 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Week #6 List"
Nice list Aruba (although I'd much rather see Zakiyah in Penthouse than PP!)I'll simply rate them according to how well I feel they are playing.

1- Paul
The Good:
Even if Da didn't believe him, he did an excellent job with the idea that both nominees were there just to act as pawn. That just bought him Bridiot's loyalty and vote. Much like Maggie in BB6, he is brainwashing his minions with his Friendship BS.

The Bad: Despite its obvious strategic value, the friendship BS is making me sick. Also, he is not "My Boy". He better hope they don't show too many pictures of his parents' mansion or else people will figure he doesn't need the money. And there's the big question of who is leading whom in the PP duo.

2- Nicole
The Good:
With 2 returnees gone back to back, the pressure should be off Nicole for a while. Da had become quite a threat so her eviction pays doubly for Nicole. She needs to relax, sit back, get some of the women back on track and then use her boy toy to advance to the end game.

The Bad: The men are starting to take over so that poses quite a problem for Nicole especially because of Corey's ambivalence and his general uselessness.

3- Paul
The Good:
Even when he doesn't own the key to the room, he is still the HoH. That should put all sorts of dangers on his path but instead the dumbasses are all falling in line to please Paulie. That shows his power but he could be peaking too early.

The Bad: The way he treated Zakiyah was sickening. What we saw was nothing compared to what the feedsters reported. He used her for sexual favors and then dropped her, even naming her as the next target. Vile, just vile. I would be very happy to see this Calafiore make the same mistake that his brother made by losing to Paul.

4- Bridiot
The Good:
How did she get so high? Well, this placement shows just how bad these players are. Her bad game play showed the boys that she wasn't a treat so now she's their pawn. She could make it to the end and then could be in the F2 if the last HoH figures he could beat her. That could lead to another Steve-type win.

The Bad: Her position is partly due to the loyalty she showed Frank but it's mostly due to her lack of game play. No one sees her as a threat to win it all but what if she sneaks by everyone?

5- Victor
The Good:
Another example of this group’s weak game play is the way this plant is growing and grabbing a place in the game. Victor is more vine than potted plant and he is now firmly holding on the walls of the house.

The Bad: He’s contributing to the man juices that are quickly making this season nauseating.

6 - Natalie
The Good:
She’s mostly cheerful and smiley.

The Bad: What’s with those masks?

7 - James
The Good:
He’s proving my point!

The Bad: Let’s go back a few weeks and look at what Aruba said about Da’Loser: “...when former HGs weighed-in on the four returnees, the best they could come up with for 16th place Da’Loser was 13th place Jason who proceeded to confirm his loser status even in real life...” Since James proceeded to tell us he was Da’s #1 backer since last season, I guess Aruba will now have to put him in Da loser category also! And to prove how bad he is at the social game, James couldn’t even keep his lies straight. That blunder about the targets for double eviction showed just how dumb he really is. A smart social player would have realized that the fracture between his two main allies, Da and Nicole, was going to put him in an untenable situation. Had he brought those two together, informed them of the Bros’ plan, the two women could have resolved their differences and formed a new majority where James would have been in a perfect position. Instead, he waffled and flipped from one side to the other until he pretty much gave the game to the Bros.

8 - Corey
The Good:
He is making everyone dismiss him as a potential challenge threat. If only it was by design! He seems to be part of the four Bros that could coast to the end.

The Bad: Is he with Nicole or with the Bros? I don’t think even he knows or rather I don’t think he even realizes that there are two sides in the house.

9 - Michelle
The Good:
She’s cute

The Bad: Her jealousy made her lose connection with the game.

10 – Zakiyah
The Good:
She was loyal.

The Bad: It may cost her the game. She was in a position to feel out Paulie in more ways than one but she never saw that he was turning away from her and her ally.

Evicted – Da’Vonne: Her fight against Frank made her lose focus on the big picture. At least she made this thread livelier than most of the other players. To Kingfish, I want to point out that Da was quite quick to tell us in DR that she wasn't buying any of James or Paul's lies so why even doubt her? To Aruba, I want to say that last comment was a cheap shot and even very sexist considering the number of fathers that went to play these games despite having young kids at home, a list that includes Tom Westman no less...

08-07-16, 11:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Week #6 List"
Paulie could not have handled Zakiyah’s emotional breakdown much better than what we saw Thursday night. From day one this girl has been in heat over Paulie and he wanting to distance him from her is a credit that Paulie wants put his game over some sappy showmance and juvenile infatuation on Zakiyah’s part. On one hand I really don’t care to know but out of curiosity what type of “sexual favors” are these feeders (who apparently must possess x-ray vision through bedsheets) claiming? If we’re talking “second base” I wouldn’t doubt that because this girl simply is unable to keep her hands off of him, so Paulie needs to get her out of the game. If Paulie is specifically asking for these “favors” only to toss her on the curb then I can understand your feelings. But that would seem rather inconsistent considering he would much rather share a bed with Paul instead of Zakiyah these days.

As long as the other HGs do not see any footage of where Paul lives I hardly think his family’s financial status will be any factor in his advancement or ruin his chances of winning should he make the F2.

Your spin on James statement pertaining to Da’Juror is silly. There’s no doubt he feels as if he’s Da’s backer mainly because he played last season with her. That and considering we don’t exactly have a line of suitors (Zakiyah being a noted exception) wanting to back this obnoxious individual to begin with. Last season Loser Jason was CLEARLY Da’Loser’s #1 backer. And why would James even entertain the thought of trying to smooth things over between Nicole and Da’Lusional??? That would have been DUMBASS. Nicole is locked in with Corey...and Corey is locked in with the Bros...the side of the House solidly in control because they have been dominating competitions. Nicole (and Corey) are not going to migrate away from that power to the side of the House that can’t win sh!t?!

Michelle lost connection with the game because she’s an emotional train wreck with EVERYTHING. Her jealousy over Frank was just an isolated episode. She’s a complete and total mess as a human being and a classic Production debacle.

So Da’Loser lost focus of the big picture because of her fight with Frank THIS SEASON...and she lost focus of the big picture because of her fight with Clay LAST SEASON...just as she would lose her focus in another season (God help us) when she would undoubtedly get into a fight with yet another HG...and so on...and so on... Bottom line, you are...who you are...who you are. And as Kingfish so accurately stated, she is a “paranoid, mean-spirited, vindictive” individual.

Tom Westman’s children are older than Da’s younger child. He was away for 39 days while the other half of the parental guidance was at home caring for their children. It’s not uncommon for some individuals who work for international companies to be away from the family for a month at a time. Da’Loser, as a single parent, planned to be away from her young child for two entire summers in a row. Forget apples to oranges; spinning this huge difference is like comparing apples to watermelons! I suppose I can see where you’re coming from calling it “sexist” or “cheap shot,” but I assure you it is not MY “sexism” or “cheap shot” as much as the US Courts “sexism” or “cheap shot” that have CLEARLY defined a difference between mother and father.

08-07-16, 01:06 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Week #6 List"
What we saw is not everything that happened in the house. What I read of Paulie's interactions with Zak over at Jokers amounted to " asking for these “favors” only to toss her on the curb..." There was also an incident when he accused her of lying to him because of hearsay. To the feedsters, it was evident that Zak wasn't lying but was just not remembering every detail of a conversation and couldn't understand the accusations.

My comment about Paul's family mansion was a wink back at Brian from Thailand who got in trouble when they showed his wife's home video. Of course I don't know if the hamsters will see that mansion but if they do...

The internet is filled with trolls that write horrible things about other human beings. I think you are better than that most of the time but your hatred of emotional women like Michelle often brings you down to their level. Criticize her game, not her value as a human.

Da started out better this season than the last. It was her fight against Frank, as Julie pointed out, that killed her game. I don't give a damn about what would happen the next time.

Tom's hearing-impaired daughter was quite young during Palau. Not a baby but still in her formative years. I don't criticize him for going, just pointing out your double standards. I'm not sure what judgment you have in mind about the US courts but generally humans have equal rights and equal responsibilities. Attacking someone's personal life is extremely distasteful.

08-07-16, 01:31 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Week #6 List"
So take a jab at Paulie for passing judgement on Zakiyah because of "hearsay" that appears to be confirmed based on feedsters "hearsay." ROFLMAO Will this Merry-go-round ever end?

Good analogy of Paul's family mansion back to Brian (S5.) If the hamsters catch wind to his status it could hurt him...even though it didn't seem to hurt Brian in the end.

Every human being has emotion...it's the emotional train wrecks I openly criticize. Actually I'm more critical of Production in those cases. But no one puts a gun to any players head forcing them to showcase their mental and emotional instability to millions of viewers. I am criticizing her game because her emotional outbursts are hurting her game.

All of Tom's children were school age kids older than Da'Juror's kid. And a parent was with this kids during the 39 days he was away. Once again it is not MY double standards.

Forty years ago "Kramer vs. Kramer" walked away with almost every Academy Award on Oscar night...and deservingly so. As far as TODAY'S child custody battles in our US Courts are concerned very, VERY little had changed over the past four decades since that movie classic hit the screens.

I would rather not create a thread dedicated to this sexist double-standard, but if you insist on doing so, please rent the movie before you respond. And if you have seen the picture for you to continue to support your case apparently you must have forgotten about a good 95% of the movie.

08-07-16, 10:48 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Week #6 List"
Feedsters are direct witnesses so what they report isn't hearsay. If only one had said something then I'd say he hates Paulie but many commented about his behavior and no one contradicted the report.

If you were criticizing Michelle's game, I would agree with you but writing: "She’s a complete and total mess as a human being..." is a personal attack.

As for Da, call child protection if you feel so strongly but I think they'd laugh at you. I think we should limit ourselves to the game and leave their personal lives out of this.

08-08-16, 08:05 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-08-16 AT 08:07 PM (EST)

If Child Protection was called I'd laugh as well because Da'Lusional did not commit a criminal infraction nor did I accuse her of any criminal action.

My point is if she's going to carry the label of "MOMMA" it would be preferable to be a true "Momma" to her young child as opposed to being a single "Momma" leaving her kid to go away for two summers in a row to be a "Momma" instead to a bunch of Desparate Attention-Seeking Whore Hamsters.

"Direct witnesses" (with x-ray vision I suspect.) As opposed to being short-sighted and fixated on an end result I personally would focus more on the MEANS that may have achieved a particular END result.

As for Michelle...Shame on Production. She is in need of some SERIOUS help (therapy.)

Big Brother is a three month extension of the HGs lives. And when the season is in the books it will be a three month chapter of the HGs lives. Note the appropriate emphasis on OF THE HGs LIVES. Their personal lives (in and out of the House) defines who they TRULY are, hence their personal definitions are not delimited and becomes every part of the game.

But since you've never fully embraced my creed of "You are...who you are...who you are" I understand where you are coming from and respect why you feel the way you do.

08-08-16, 11:08 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Week #6 List"
You've accused Da of neglect. That could be considered a crime...if she didn't make sure the baby had proper care. If it did then there's nothing to write about (but that never stopped you.)

As for the feedsters' account of Paulie, ask our friend Kingfish. When Tribephyl asked him for an update, this is what he wrote about Paulie and Zak: "They showed some tension between them. But apparently there was more shown in the 24 hour session. Make up, fight, screw, fight, make up, screw,"

Don't tell me you need x-ray vision to figure out what two adults are doing under the sheets!!!!

Often, yes, "You are who you are", but there are too many contrary examples to make it a general rule. I'm sure you've often heard people talk about the meanest, dirtiest football players being gentle giants, loving fathers, in real life. There have also been cases of bitter enemies on the playing field being able to leave it there and be very friendly in real life. Of course, not all, but there are many.

Myself, I've always been very aggressive when I've competed but I'm nothing like that in real life. Even you; you throw personal insults to almost all the DAWS but I doubt you insult people regularly in real life!! Or are you really like that IRL?

08-09-16, 06:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-09-16 AT 06:56 PM (EST)

What I’m saying is if she’s going to wear the “Momma” label, as a single mom to a young child her time would be better served being a Momma to her own kid than planning to separate herself for TWO CONSECUTIVE summers to live the life of a DAW. “Neglect” is your spinning interpretation.

AHHH yes...you do need to see through the sheets to be absolutely sure beyond a shadow of a doubt sex was going on. A skanky lap dance under the covers could easily be perceived as intercourse. Even if it’s “After Dark” no way Production will be showing hardcore porn to the spoiler-seekers. Two adults moving under the sheets could be anything from cuddling to “rounding third.”

You will always have your flukish exceptions but as a general rule your scvmbag athletes who will respond to a confrontational situation in a mean dirty manner on the field will react likewise to a confrontational situation off the field. It’s the way they’re wired. Now will 100% of their off-the-field real life be totally confrontational? Of course not, but you are who you are.

I will always think negatively and have insulting thoughts to ANYONE who goes out of their way to act like a complete douchebag, moron, pig, skank, hypocrite, etc. whether on Reality Shows or in real life. Every word I post here is thought provoking.

08-09-16, 10:13 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Week #6 List"
I wasn't talking about scumbag athletes, just hard-nosed, tough players. I don't know enough of their personal lives to give you many examples but take Joe Greene who earned the nickname "Mean" but who, if I remember correctly, was very gentle off the field. Mr. Hockey, Gordie Howe, was so nasty on the ice that a "Howe-Hat-trick" was a game in which he had a goal, an assist and a fight. Still, everyone respected him immensely on and off the ice. There are too many to call them "flukish exceptions".

We could also consider Mafiosos who are killers on the job but good family men and excellent neighbours IRL. Remember the saying: "He was the last person I expected would do something like this..." And what would you say of priests that were considered saintly by many but turned out to be pedophiles? Who were they really? If you can live a lie for years, you certainly can do it for a summer.

As for you, you kind of prove my point when you write "I think negatively and have insulting thoughts..." You don't voice those thoughts IRL but you have no problem expressing them here, do you?!

To get back to reality TV, the best example is Brian who was really a sociopath but managed to be loved by his tribe until he backstabbed them all.

08-10-16, 07:05 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Week #6 List"
Yes Michel, you were talking about scumbag athletes. Your exact words were “DIRTIEST football players...” I guess this may just be me but I will always regard “dirtiest” athletes as “scumbags.” But to each their own; different strokes for different folks.

When using NFL or NHL players as an example, once again, we are assessing an individual when thrusted in a confrontational or belligerent situation. And, once again, I will contend when that same individual is thrusted in a confrontational situation in real life I do believe they will not act/react any differently.

As for your Mafioso example of a cold blooded killer you herald as a potential good family man…make no bones about it, many would not even think twice of whacking an uncle, cousin, hell even their own brother in a New York minute.

Pedophiles have a mental sickness that can afflict someone REGARDLESS of one’s profession...and priesthood is a profession.

I’m a true believer when the chips are down or dark clouds begin to hovering over one’s horizon THAT’S when a person’s TRUE COLORS surface.

In real life I do an excellent job avoiding the pathetic characters Production orgasm over, but in those rare instances when contact may happen, I would have no problem calling out a liar, deceiver, skank, pig, or hypocrite for who they truly are.

Sure Brian was loved...his challenge prowess contributed in allowing his tribemates to advance in the game and serve their individual purposes of giving them a shot at a million dollars. What’s not to love about that? Yet in the end it was not so much “love” that gave him the million as much as not wanting to award that prize to his perfect goat Clay.

08-11-16, 00:35 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-16 AT 00:40 AM (EST)

Yes, I originally wrote dirtiest when I meant roughest. The examples in the 2nd post were meant to clarify my thoughts.

But let's start with Brian first. You erroneously wrote: "Sure Brian was loved...his challenge prowess contributed in allowing his tribemates to advance in the game and serve their individual purposes of giving them a shot at a million dollars."

Chewing Gum lost the first two ICs, winning the 3rd on Day 9 and losing the 4th. Brian's tribe mates were already well under his spell by the end of the first 3 days (Jan thought of him as a son, Ted as a Bro while Helen had the hots for him and Clay saw him as his ticket to the F2) The winning streak started only on day 15 so NO I can categorically say that his tribe mates didn't like him because his challenge prowess were bringing them immunity challenge victories.

As for mafiosos and pedophiles, you are missing the point. They are criminals and sick but some live their entire lives without ANYONE seeing through their facade. In other words, to everyone around them They Weren't Who They Really Were. Again, I want to point out the saying: "He was the last person I thought would do something like this."

And of course, strong men like football players wouldn't back down from a fight when push comes to shove but RARELY will they iniate those confrontations or not try to defuse a bad situation before getting into it whereas they have no problems getting in the middle of things on the field.

08-11-16, 06:58 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Week #6 List"
Sweet Mother of Mercy! What’s with the flip? A couple weeks ago when I replied to your post using a synonymous word (as confirmed by Mr. Roget’s Thesaurus) you jumped all over me for “putting words in your mouth.” Now I’ve taken special care to use your EXACT word and you’re telling me you meant it as sometime else synonymous?! ROFLMAO Geez Louise, I’d swear you were my wife in a prior life. HaHa!

Yes you’re right, Chuay Gahn has a rough start in Thailand, but toward the mid-point of the season when things were evening up it was Brian’s challenge exploits being the main reason for the scale to tip to Chuay Gahn’s favor giving them a numbers advantage where they proceeded to systematically Pagong the Sook Jai tribe and monopolize the F5.

Even Helen at FTC who pretty much beat, stabbed, sliced, and gutted Brian during her “Used Car Salesman” sore-losing rant had little choice but to openly admit Brian was the main reason the Chuay Gahn five advanced to the endgame.

I suppose we’re both missing each other’s point with my “You are…who you are…who you are” creed. My focus is not much on public perception as on who/what an individual TRULY is. Pedophiles are pedophiles and are keenly aware of whom they are. A Mafioso who whacks people is a murderer and is keenly aware of who he is. Hence my accurate assessment of “You are…who you are…who you are.”

You can focus on perception all you want, but using priesthood as a pristine example the nature of that profession results in a very, very limited exposure to the lay public. Yet even a limited exposure that may compromise a realistic perception does not change the fact that “You are…who you are…who you are.”

HMMMM, I guess we all saw on video how Ray Rice (and I’m using your exact words) “defused a bad situation” with his woman on an elevator. And don’t even entertain the thought of throwing your “crazy exception” rebuttal my way. The NFL Commissioner slaps fines/suspensions on many, many players on a regular basis for off-the-field infractions ranging from domestic violence to physical altercation with police officers while resisting arrests to assault & battery and even murder of another patron at a social club, etc., etc.

Oh and here’s the crème de la crème…
A few years ago Goodell suspended ex-Jet WR and former Superbowl MVP Santonio Holmes four games for beating up and hospitalizing a third woman who fathered his fourth child out of wedlock.

And that does not even include all the cases not reported or conveniently swept under the rug.

Ok yeah, keep telling me about these “good family men” and Gentle Giants. On second thought please don’t. We’ve pretty much beat the snot out of this thread. I’m over and out here. We’ll catch up with each other on the next list.

Enjoy tonight’s Double Eviction.

08-07-16, 12:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Week #6 List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-07-16 AT 12:19 PM (EST)

Several thoughts:

You quite correctly mention in the 3-Paul (s/b Paulie) ranking that the house is full of dumbasses, then criticize James for not doing what you perceive as the smart thing to do. You expect him to be superior to the others in order to be uncriticize-able. Time to give him a break IMO, look at his competition.

I agree that that James might not always do what a smart social player would do, but ranking him in the house is or should be a relative thing, how smart he is compared to the others. And I don't think an objective rating would require him to mega smart this season.

His DR interviews are all over the place and he lets a few bloopers slip in the house. So what? He was luck enough to nullify the results of the "Michele" bloop when Da' gat evicted. Don't forget, Da' made a similar bloop when she mentioned evicting couples. He's managed to maintain a comfortable place in the house, and if he happens to end up F2, as it stands he could very will win against any of the remaining hamsters. Smart or dumb, luck or unlucky, he's doing pretty well.

Da'. You've been watching all season? And last? And you don't see the ego this woman has? And you don't believe that Da's ego might be making her deny that she didn't know everything that was going to happen? I don't deny that we don't know what was happening in her head, it's a matter of opinion. But that alone is sufficient for doubt unless you are 100% sure that Da' wouldn't try and make herself look good in DR and/or after the humiliation of being booted. Whatever the truth is, I'm 100% sure her ego would cause her to tell a version of the story that makes her look smart. Which she is, and perceptive too, but as I have been saying from day one, she doesn't have the emotional control to win this kind of game.

She did provide drama.

08-07-16, 12:45 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Week #6 List"
A few replies (!)

It's not that I expect James to be superior, it's that you and Aruba praise him as if he was superior. I think he is average at best if not a bit below average and I've never shared the fans' love for him.

As for Da, I certainly realize that she doesn't know how to play this game but her DR interviews were quite clear so we do know what was happening in her head at the time. I don't even take into account her talk with Julie or later interviews. While she was in the house, (which is all that matters) she told us she knew Nicole was double dealing and that both James and Paul were lying to her. Give to Ceasar what is to Caesar and admit that she has been much more perceptive than your average hamster. She was first to spot the twins and to see through Audrey's schemes last season, the first to identify Tiffany as Vanessa's sister and to see that Frank and Nicole were threats to her game.

08-07-16, 01:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Week #6 List"
I'll be to the point, and perhaps even a little bit curt, in saying that James is NOT "superior."

Dan the Man was a superior player. Derrick was a superior player. When competitions were minimal in season two, Will was a superior player. James cannot hold a candle to any of them.

For the record, in the SIX lists posted for this season, James was in my top category only TWICE. Hardly what I would rate as "superior."

08-07-16, 02:36 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Week #6 List"
I'm glad to see your objectivity.

08-07-16, 02:17 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Week #6 List"
Well, in the part of your post about James you did say "A smart social player would have realized. ' implying that he wasn't smart. That there was another path that a superior player would have taken. Maybe it's phrasing, but that was my inference.

So what? I'm saying that relative to the other players, he is above par. Superior to them. Not perfect, maybe not above average in the real world, but in this house yes, he is Mensa in this house.

(Not a high standard this summer, and it forces me to admit that Paul and Paulie are also Season 18 Mensa. But so be it).

If you read (above)closely, you will see where I did admit that Da' was perceptive. Her drawback (besides her personality) is her lack of emotional control. It hurt her then and killed her(metaphorically) this season.

08-07-16, 02:56 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Week #6 List"
I'm not implying that James isn't a smart player, I'm stating it quite clearly!

The individual game just started so we'll see who are the season's geniuses. For now, I only see Paul as a possibility. Nicole's experience compensates for lack of strategic acumen while Paulie's boldness could overwhelm the house. The others? They need to have the right lottery ticket.

You weren't buying Da's perceptiveness so I wanted to point out some facts.

08-07-16, 04:07 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Week #6 List"
Holding it up and reading it sidewise, and taking "Stating " as a strong form of "Implying", I think in a weird way we're sort of agreeing on James. I would rank James with Paul and Paulie at the top, but only because of the relative lack of game intelligence in the house, and only because you don't have to be very smart to be BB18 Mensa.

Again, you failed to read my statement (above) where I stated quite plainly that I consider Da' to be quite perceptive. My strong suspicion is that with her ego she wouldn't admit what she knows in her heart to be true if it would make her look bad. I think in that circumstance she would be almost incapable of telling the truth.

And I think that, whether I'm right or not, after watching her this season and last that my estimation of her capability to think one thing and say another dovetails perfectly with her demonstrated character. Perfectly.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •