The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2211 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-27-15, 06:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
I guess because of my age at the time, I never got into the Backstreet Boys in the 90s, but I was digging the Whackstreet Boys revival this past week. It’s not exactly an act they can take to Vegas, but at least they danced better than Shelli carried a tune.

JOHNNY – Continues to be my fav. Aside from the Sixth Sense dominance, Johnny’s DR confessions are still the highlights of the season. Hey, Johnny Mac didn’t get nominated...could we be expecting some snow in July?

LIZIA – To win a BOB when your partner was throwing it is beyond impressive. Congrats on making it through five evictions and can now enter the game as separate players. Had to be super tough for Julia to not let Liz in on everything Shelli told her about Austin. And kudos to Liz for not being totally into the sappy showmance.

VANESSA – POV and HOH wins this week. The POV win was needless, but the HOH win was key for the alliance. If Jason and Jackie were co-HOHs probably four of the five Sixth Sense members get nominated. Kind of an Aruba/Michel hybrid. Winning (proactively taking charge of what she can control) pleases Aruba, and her ability to connect with everyone in the House should make Michel happy. Problem is her desire to want to connect with everyone is spreading her out like fertilizer. It will be a tall order for her to be able to successfully straddle both the 6th Sense and the Dark Moon alliances.

TOUGH TO RANK AT THIS POINT

JACKIE – I guess I’ll move her up this week for her solid win in the HOH comp. Well alright, maybe the outfit she wore on eviction night helped her ranking as well. She could have used the win to draw a battle line between the House, but decided to work with Vanessa. Now that she’s no longer HOH we’ll see if that paid off. Had Jason answered the last one correctly we could have been in store for an eventful week.

SHELLI – Evicting Audrey was an easy House consensus, but it did her alliance no favors. Should have pushed harder with Vanessa to evict Jason who will gun for her alliance the first opportunity he gets. I’m beginning to see Shelli and her meathead boy toy’s position in the game mirroring Jon/Jaclyn in Survivor B vs W II. Both sides of the House are comfortable with this “obvious pair” and do not seem to be primary targets for either.

JASON – I agree with Brittney...love his sarcasm in the DR. If Johnny was not in the House I would rank his confessions as the most entertaining.

MEG – Cute as a button; floats like a rubber ducky. When Brittney mentioned the floater theory as a means to advance, she should have named Meg.

AUSTIN – This is EXACTLY what happens when a savvy strategic player gets bitten by the “love bug.” My gut’s telling me Vanessa will come to her senses and ultimately backdoor someone on the other side of the House. She can still get more mileage with the Sixth Sense than the Dark Moon.

JAMES– Not only can the midget man pack in the food, that little pecker is quite the horny toad. At the Outback Dinner reward he’ll probably polish off the right side of the menu, and STILL have enough “appetite” to keeping lust over Vanessa’s mom.

DO THESE THREE EVEN MATTER?

STEVE – I’m convinced he’s not trying in the comps. If I’m correct with my assumption, he should skyrocket up Michel’s ranking...but he’ll stay low on mine (FYI Michel...my latest attempt to keep yanking on your chain. You know I luv ya, Man!)

BECKY – Prior to being nominated on Sunday’s episode, how far has she fallen off the radar during the past two weeks? Even I’M getting tired talking about her plastic boobies. If the POV doesn’t get used she’s as good as gone.

CLAY – The dude flat out sucks, and why would anyone have an issue swearing on THEIR life? It’s not like you’re being asked to swear on your mother’s life, or the soul of a deceased family member. It’s your OWN life and you can do with it as you wish. If you want to cherish it...cherish it. If you want to curse it...curse it. If you want to swear on it...then go ahead and swear on it. WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL, CLAY?!

EVICTED) AUDREY – Did we have a Unabomber sighting in the House? Her meltdown wasn’t quite the magnitude of despicable Chima, but it was still pretty sad and pathetic.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 kingfish 07-27-15 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 michel2 07-27-15 3
       Oh yeah, Jackie kingfish 07-27-15 6
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-27-15 4
       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 kingfish 07-27-15 7
           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-28-15 10
 RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 michel2 07-27-15 2
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-27-15 5
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 kingfish 07-28-15 8
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-28-15 9
       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 michel2 07-28-15 11
           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-28-15 12
               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 michel2 07-28-15 13
                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-29-15 14
                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 michel2 07-29-15 16
                           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-29-15 18
 RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 kingfish 07-29-15 15
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 michel2 07-29-15 17
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5 Aruba 07-29-15 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-15, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
Thanks for putting these up, Aruba, it takes a thick skin to be willing put yourself up as a target for others to shoot down every week.

But, since you're there, here are my potshots:

This was the Whack Week, the Whack Street Boys (and yes, Lizia – was given an artificial penis so that she could crossover), and Audrey gave us some extra whack. I think that was Julia on stage, but more kudos to them if they had to share the Whack Street Boy stage role

Whack Attack Audrey.
- Confession: even with her bitchy witchy self-pitying moods I have some empathy for Audrey, and admiration. I remember the 7th grade when I was alone in the crowd in a new strange school that seemed like the biggest and most intimidating building I had ever been in, as well as a new city, and I felt different and isolated among a bunch of established cliques and school gangs. Obviously it’s more acute for her because hers was a gender identification issue that didn’t just resolve itself after a little while. So I (and I think most of us) can understand her internal turmoil if not her social ineptitude.

So Audrey self-destructed. A fitting coda to the Whack Street boys (and girl with an artificial penis) week. C'est la vie.

The Whack Street Boys. I guess they pulled it off ok, the member of the group that was passing as a boy was actually (IMO) the more talented, but considering that they all were pressed into service, and since past experience was never a criteria, they did OK. Better than I could have done, my talent is criticizing others. And I do it gooder than most folks.

Factoid #1: One of the real Back Street boys was on the last season of the Amazing Race with his significant other. Didn’t win. Jeff and Jackie lasted longer than they did.

Factoid #2: No, I wasn’t a fan of the BSB or any of the 90’s boy groups either. I’m old school rock and roll mixed with blue grass and blues.

This week’s rankings:

Vanessa – Hands down the winner this week. She recognized after Jackie won that she could be one of Jackie's targets (and based on who Jackie did nominate, she could very well have been) so she didn’t throw the HoH comp. And the very first thing she did (that was shown) when she was alone with Jackie and starting to plan nominations for the week, was to get her to agree that neither would nominate the other. Vanessa’s main goal for the week was accomplished.

Vanessa’s manipulations of Jackie were just so adroit. When Jack mentioned that she wanted to name Liz, Vanessa didn’t contradict her even though Liz was in her alliance, and together with Julia represented extra strength. Instead, she went along with Jackie, then, unknown to her, worked it with her some of her alliance (not including Lizia - which turned out to be a necessary but fatal flaw in that plan) to set up the nominate teams so that Lizia/James would lose BoB and set up a back door eviction of Austin.

Although I know why they didn’t include Liz in the planning - she might/would have told Austin about the plan to boot him - I’m not exactly sure why they wanted to keep her on the block since she and her sis represented extra future alliance strength. I guess that Clay was a more valuable alliance member, and Shelli would have pooped squirrel turds if the plan was to have Clay remain on the block instead? Then why was he there to begin with? That, to me, represents a slight inconsistency in Vanessa’s planning, but since she isn’t perfectly in control, I guess that’s where she had to go.

BTW, more credit to Vanessa’s perspicacity and shrewdness in divining Austin’s newest crudest attempts at deception. Not a huge feat given Austin’s lack of skill at lying, but nothing like that can get past Vanessa it would seem.

Johnny Mac – continues to live a charmed existence, and continues to take events as they come with intelligence and perseverance. And entertainment. And I swear, I think he’s turned the volume down a bit.

Lizia – they continue to successfully balance the switching act, Liz seems to be wavering a bit on the leading Austin on by his nose ring, she seems to be developing some sort of feelings for him, but Julia is the keel of their relationship and is trying to keep Liz from drifting from their goal. Julia (at Vanessa’s urging) deserves credit for avoiding the possible pitfall of telling Liz about the backdoor plan just in case Liz would share the secret with Austin. Hopefully, when time comes to vote, Julia will be in the house, not Liz.

And it remains to be seen if they have any inkling about how to procede when they both come into the house.

But they both deserve credit for keeping Ship Lizia headed for the mark.

BTW, I have figured out how to tell which is which; Julia smirks to the left, Liz smirks to the right.

Jason – Continues to survive, and improve his position despite his initial alliance with the flameout DaVonne. He is still in some danger, but the outlook is improving. He has a particular talent for convincing others he is telling the truth. It’s been his word against others at least three times, once with the house against Audrey, once with Shelli against Audrey, and once with Vanessa against Austin. And he has succeeded each time. He can project sincerity when he wants to, and that will be valuable if he were to decide to deceive. Maybe not against the human lie detector Vanessa, but probably against the others. Hopefully he doesn’t blow his improved position it by spilling the beans about the backdoor plan to Austin in some sort of addlepated maneuver to help himself in some way.

Shelli – She continues to navigate the rough seas of the house goings-on successfully. She has managed two HoH’s without creating dedicated enemies, and in fact she seems to have solidified her alliance power under her reigns. And when the time came for a pawn to be chosen, it was Clay that was named of the two. Clay probably had a chauvinistic motive (by now, the after dark cameras should have caught some boinky boinking under the covers (need confirmation from After Dark watchers), cementing their alliance/dalliance-ship), still the others didn’t seem to seriously consider naming her. There probably are those (John? James?) who might name her if they were to win HoH, but she seems to be good at soothing the waves of resentment that she’s created.

James – So did he read what I wrote about him last week? Is he self-conscious about his eating habits now? For one week be actually backed off a bit on the chipmunk act, and although he made an omelet, he gave it to Audrey while she was in her self-pitying cocoon isolation. So maybe the Kingfish’s influence extends beyond these pages? Or, maybe not.

Our boy has a libido, and a thing for older women. Maybe a little too much of a thing, but on him it seems cute. Our boy also has a heart (the omelet to Audrey thing). I admire him for that, and I feel bad for all times I will make him the butt of short jokes in the future. I mean, they have been kicking to get out, and so far I’ve resisted, but their time will inevitably come. It’s been a struggle to limit myself to chipmunk cheek stuffing jokes so far.

He also has game, and is willing to join the super-alliance plan to backdoor Austin, so he shows some willingness to find an alliance home. Hopefully, as with Jason, he doesn’t blow it up by telling Austin.

Meg – doesn’t alienate anybody, doesn’t leak secrets, smiles, entertains, has that china doll (esp with her lipstick) appearance, makes the intelligent decision to spread (with Jason and Shelli) the news of Austin’s deception. Doesn’t seem to be inclined to spill the backdoor plan beans. Shows emotion when nominated but doesn’t alienate anyone, instead she actually seems to endear herself to others. A dependable vote, she should continue to tread waters for a while.

Becky – No fire breathing enemies, but she seems kinda gullible, especially if she allowed Jackie to talk her into being the pawn. Jackie was gullible enough to be talked into being the one to talk to Becky, and to me that makes Becky twice as gullible. She seems to lack the kind of manipulative skills necessary to last in this house. Her only chance to win is if the others just let her have it for some unimaginable reason. Fat chance, especially with Vanessa around.

Steve – I keep waiting for him to show some game, some insight into how to maneuver in this game, because he does seem to be very intelligent, kinda like Cochran or Ian. However, so far I get nothing, no Cochran nor any Ian from him. There’s hope that he’s just waiting to strike while all the while playing the UTR role. In his favor, he hasn’t made enemies, hasn’t over played his hand, and hasn’t been nominated yet. My feeling is that sooner or later he will be a pawn, and be the pawn that gets ‘accidently’ evicted.

Clay – he’s put himself into a strong alliance. So that’s good. He’s also one of a showmance duo. And that can be bad unless he has the ability to turn on his showmance partner. My observation of Clay reveals that that won’t happen. So he's doomed, doomed I tells Ya! The same might be said of Shelly, but it seems to me that since Clay was willing to be named as a pawn, and knowing that being named as a pawn sometimes becomes a habituating thing, that he is more likely to be the first one to go. When their alliance has to start feeding on themselves, something tells me that Vanessa will orchestrate a backdoor of Clay without telling Shelli. And if she’s really good, someone else will take the blame for it.

Austin – Meat. His obsession with matters of his meatloaf heart has doomed him. His total lack of ability to lie and deceive didn’t help either. He began admirably by coming up with reasonable plans, and worked them pretty well. And he does deserve credit for what he has done, especially for planning and helping Vanessa set Jeff up for his ouster. But he’s lost now, lying to Vanessa of all people, who he knows very well that he has no luck in deceiving. And sooner or later (emphasis on sooner, I think) Vanessa will acquaint him with the underside of a bus. And probably he will not see it coming until it’s too late. If ever.

As the editors have tried to make it clear, Austin will probably go this week, his only real chance of remaining is if the Veto challenge outcome doesn’t allow Vanessa to pull Clay and put Austin on the block. Then either Clay or Becky will go, and of the two, it’ll be sayonara Beckers. Considering who was in on the plan, if Austin is put on the block by Vanessa at Veto, it’s hard to imagine a majority voting for either Becky or Clay.

I wish Britney’s appearance were longer.

Apologize for the wordiness, I get carried away sometimes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel2 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-27-15, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-15 AT 05:45 PM (EST)

Nice list Kingfish. I agree with most except Jason. Yes, he convinced others that he was telling the truth but twice it was against Audrey and being able to name the second twin made it easy to prove he was saying the truth.

PS. I think you forgot to list Jackie.

07-27-15, 07:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Oh yeah, Jackie"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-15 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

It would have been more appropriate for me to have ignored Steve. I could also pretend that leaving Jackie off the list wasn't a dyslectic brain toot. Which of course it was.

I think both of you made good observations, and you ranked her about as I would have.

Got to give her some credit for the HoH win, and to be honest, I think she that after she suggested naming Liz and Steve, she suggested either back-dooring Austin or using him as a Veto Nomination if the need arose, then going after the twins the following week (duh, Jackie, you won't be HoH then). They were mumbling and I didn't understand all of what either said, but I think that's how it went. I also think that in that mumbling that Vanessa was waiting for her to say what she wanted to hear then jumped on that in agreement (a great manipulation technique), or maybe she actually threw Austin's name into the convo. Either way, that's to Jackie's credit, and probably another demonstration of the subtle manipulative hand of Vanessa.

What's not to Jackie's credit is wanting to be the sole HoH. That's not thinking clearly. And was naming James instead of Steve to go up with Liz? Good thinking (again I suspect with Vanessa's help, and with James grudging acquiescence), because the object was for James/Liz to lose, and James would be easier to talk into throwing it (which he tried) than Steve. James probably harbors a little ill will from that deal, however, and is secretly happy to have won. Those aren't his eggs in the basket.

And yeah, I thought about that with Jason, getting the house to believe him against Audrey might have been pretty easy. An maybe Shelly too, although that could have been a close call. And Vanessa believed him because she was able to see thru Austin's façade to back up Jason's claim.

But all three? Three for three? I gotta give him credit for earnestness and believability.

Lilia is good too. I actually chuckled when the house guest (Jason?) referred to them as Liz1 and Liz2. The Lizus.

07-27-15, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
Take all the potshots you want...fire away. It toughens my skin even more and keeps me on my toes.

And no need to apologize for the “wordiness,” especially since we have the same players in our Top Three. A clear indication we are both watching the same season.

Prior to last night’s episode I was all on board to rank Vanessa #1 before she put herself between a rock and a hard place. The poker player bet half her stack holding a 95% advantage where only two cards in the deck would beat her. And to her misfortune one of the cards came up on the river when Lizia pulled out the BOB victory.

Although she could have upped her advantage to 100% when recruiting James to throw it. If she pimped out her mom to the horndog, we would have watched James tossing his paint on Clay/Becky’s side in the competition.

But regardless who would pull the trigger (Vanessa or Jackie) on a possible Austin backdoor, there’s no way in my mind the Dark Mooners will offer Vanessa the same protection as the Sixth Sensers.

And if she goes back on the Austin Backdoor plan she’s got a heap of explaining to do with the “dark” side. I mean really...when you publically announce you will ink your skin with an image of the newly formed alliance, that’s the equivalent of consummating a marriage in my book.

Johnny Mac has definitely lowered the volume. His voice is still abrasive, but thanks to the volume reduction he’s gone from coarse sandpaper 40-50 to medium 80-120 and much more tolerable.

I’m not so sure James has a fetish particularly for older women. He’s shown the same libido toward Meg (his Taylor Swift look-a-like) since the beginning of the season. Quite frankly I don’t see the resemblance, but I guess it’s all in the eyes of the wishful dreamer.

Point of Correction:
Steve was nominated in week one, but the scrambling “trombonist” won POV and removed himself from the block.

For the record I’m a bluegrass man myself, but my first love in music is the British Invasion 60’s rock.

Finally, a stellar job on your final summation of the Boy Band revival. I’m going to credit the Whackstreet Boy with the “artificial penis” with providing impromptu tutorials for Johnny Mac on some of the basic dance moves. He proved to be a quick study and the rest is BB history.

07-27-15, 09:59 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
I like the poker analogy, and the upping the percentage strategy.

I don't see Vanessa gong back on the Austin boot stratagem, but something could happen to make her change course.

And maybe James' fetish is simply taller women? (There, that's that short joke!)

07-28-15, 08:01 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
>And maybe James' fetish is simply taller women? (There, that's that short joke!)

Well at least that spares Jackie...on second thought we may need a measurement on that.

07-27-15, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
First, a couple of remarks that just had to come out.

"I guess because of my age at the time, I never got into the Backstreet Boys in the 90s"

More than your age, I'd say your gender preserved you from that horrible group that were pretentious enough to say they were making music.

"If Jason and Jackie were co-HOHs probably four of the five Sixth Sense members get nominated."

First of all, you probably are wrong with your numbers. There's a good chance that Jackie would still have nominated James under the cover that he did it to her first. Secondly: So what? Even if 3 (or 4) had been nominated, ONLY ONE would have been evicted. With Julia entering the house they would still be 5 strong. Not only that but if the plan remains to backdoor Austin then they had set up the process even before Audrey's exit. I dare say it would have been BETTER for Jason to be HOH, especially considering that Vanessa wanted to be dethroned.

1- John: I swear the dentist is his own supply of Nitrous Oxide. I loved his line about not knowing what to do now that he isn't on the block. If only he'd get the sense of who is running the house and somehow found a way to enter that alliance, he'd become my all-time favorite.

2- Shelli: Reading Jims post on the Live feeds, I've become convinced that Shelli is running this game, manipulating even Vanessa, the master manipulator. Everyone confides to her and trusts her so she should continue to be in a phenomenal position if she avoids more HOH wins. It's rather impressive how everyone is going around nominating people who nominated them first but no one thinks of going for Shelli. Going after her two initial allies got the others to trust her. They think she is playing for their good.

3- Vanessa: Like Kingfish said, she is a human lie detector but she is much too emotional. Austin lied to her but it wasn't to dupe her, it was just his dumb way of protecting their alliance mate. Maybe she should have talked to him more, gotten him to lay his cards on the table instead of going immediately after him. Letting that alliance implode so soon could be dangerous but at least she's got a back up plan with that "Dark Moon" alliance.

4- Lilia: (I prefer this to Lizia because it contains fragments from both names whereas Lizia has Liz's full name, leaving very little room to Julia, my favorite twin.) It's funny that Julia finds Austin gross and that Liz just wants to use him. Poor guy. His twin fetish could end horribly wrong. It's hard to give her props for winning the veto since it was a mental challenge and the opposing team had Clay. Still it was a good win, guaranteeing Julia's participation. Next week will be the key week for them.

5- Jackie: Finally, you guys are starting to put her higher on your lists. Yes, she got manipualted by Vanessa and Shelli but she also gained their trust. She shouldn't be in any danger despite being a temporary HOH. Jeff leaving was the best thing that could happen to her game.

6- Meg: She's not just floating around because she was part of the discussion about Austin and has been able to socialize with everyone. If all hell breaks loose after this week, Meg could become a steadying influence because not much phases her.

7- Austin: Even if it came at a steep price, he's achieved his main goal: Both Liz and Julia will be there next week. He just has to scramble to make sure he's there with them! See Aruba, you can win comps, be inside an alliance and still need to scramble! Do you remember Matt from your vaunted Brigade? Or some members of the Bomb Squad?

8- Jason: You could tell he was enjoying himself doing that dance routine yet he still had to complain about it in his DR sessions. Typical of a guy who wants to be seen as a victim. He should be a real victim soon and then he can cry on Julie's shoulder.

9- James: If you don't want everyone to know you were throwing the competition maybe you shouldn't throw your hands up in the air when you actually win. The guy isn't very smart, is he? At least he'll get to stuff his face with the steaks from BB's latest sponsor.

10- Becky: I mean, it's good to avoid making waves but accepting to be a pawn should have come with some promises for the future. She's a big disappointment up to now.

11- Steve: Speaking of disappointments, what has Steve done up to now?

12- Clay: He continues to do Shelli's dirty work. He was right to call out Audrey on her lies but he didn't have to make such a big deal out of it.

Evicted - Audrey: She didn't have much of a chance after everything blew up in her face.

07-27-15, 06:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
Hey Michel, I just posted a response to Kingfish while you were compiling and posting your list. I have to run out for the rest of the evening but will definitely get my shots in tomorrow.

Think you'll be able to handle the suspense for another day! LOL

07-28-15, 10:04 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
One more thing that struck me, Austin has been informing the Diary room audience that he intends to be the Judas of the house. Like that's a strategy. I think he's still thinking in terms of WWW phraseology. Kinda pedantic, if you ask me, but that's just me and how I regard the whole WWW thing.

But I thought it was interesting (coincidental, maybe, but still notable) that Vanessa also described Austin as a Judas after she caught him lying (again) to hide his deceptive behavior in regard to Liz.

07-28-15, 07:48 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
My gender would have prevented me from liking the Backstreet Boys at any age, but if I was in High School I think I probably would have been into them only because the girls loved them. Teenage boys generally find themselves into many things they normally wouldn’t be into when they discover their hormones.

An excellent job with your list! I may have to say perhaps even slighter better than mine because of your assessment on Shelli. After reading your list I should have ranked Shelli higher than I did...if only it wasn’t for that useless meathead she’s showmancing with.

Had Jason won HOH he absolutely puts up Shelli and Meathead. I think you’re right assuming Jackie still initially targets Liz and James, but I believe Jason would have been in Jackie’s ear to put up Liz and Austin. Hard to guess whether she would have been swayed, but Jason could have made a convincing argument if not putting up Austin and he wins POV he definitely removes Liz. But like you said, whether it was 3 or 4 nominated, Sixth Sense loses a player.

Of course if the Austin backdoor materializes this week, this whole discussion becomes a moot point. If not, then the Sixth Sense will live up to its name and continue to have a stranglehold on the House. That would not exist if Jason/Jackie were co-HOHs.

The “scrambling” I’m referencing in my lists are early season scrambling. Most everyone has to scramble at some point in the game. I’m talking about the first 3-4 weeks. Matt and the Brigade were secure for the first half of their season. Matt didn’t scramble until F7, when he threw the F7 HOH. Right after his eviction he appropriately lamented it was the worst mistake he made so it served him right.

As for the Bomb Squad...let’s be real now. Eight of the 16 (half of the whole House for crying out loud) got together on Day 3 and called that an “alliance???” LMAO With all the idiotic morons casted last season, it’s no wonder Derrick had a cakewalk.

07-28-15, 08:22 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
>My gender would have prevented me
>from liking the Backstreet Boys
>at any age, but if
>I was in High School
>I think I probably would
>have been into them only
>because the girls loved them.
>Teenage boys generally find themselves
>into many things they normally
>wouldn’t be into when they
>discover their hormones.

During my teenage years, the girls were mostly into disco but I stuck to my guns and listened to Genesis, Yes, Black Sabbath, Led Zep and the likes! It did take a while to meet the "right" girl...

>An excellent job with your list!
>I may have to say
>perhaps even slighter better than
>mine because of your assessment
>on Shelli. After reading your
>list I should have ranked
>Shelli higher than I did...if
>only it wasn’t for that
>useless meathead she’s showmancing with.

Thank you, your list is pretty good also. It makes it tough to get into an argument! As for Shelli, at least she's using the meathead. Seeing him go would be the best thing for her game but will she see it or go off the deep end? That is the question.

>Had Jason won HOH he absolutely
>puts up Shelli and Meathead.
>I think you’re right assuming
>Jackie still initially targets Liz
>and James, but I believe
>Jason would have been in
>Jackie’s ear to put up
>Liz and Austin. Hard to
>guess whether she would have
>been swayed, but Jason could
>have made a convincing argument
>if not putting up Austin
>and he wins POV he
>definitely removes Liz. But like
>you said, whether it was
>3 or 4 nominated, Sixth
>Sense loses a player.

But losing a member wouldn't really hurt them. It could actually help them. The House's dynamics right now are 6 aligned players going up against 6 individuals who are all trying to get into the alliance. It's sort of like Hatch's Tagi alliance where first Sean then later Greg wanted to join. Lose one player like Austin, replace him with John or Meg and you are still in business.

>Of course if the Austin backdoor
>materializes this week, this whole
>discussion becomes a moot point.
>If not, then the Sixth
>Sense will live up to
>its name and continue to
>have a stranglehold on the
>House. That would not exist
>if Jason/Jackie were co-HOHs.

Like I said in the previous paragraph, the 6 sense have a stranglehold on the votes and the numbers that it wouldn't have hurt them if Vanessa hadn't been HOH.

>As for the Bomb Squad...let’s be
>real now. Eight of the
>16 (half of the whole
>House for crying out loud)
>got together on Day 3
>and called that an “alliance???”
>LMAO With all the
>idiotic morons casted last season,
>it’s no wonder Derrick had
>a cakewalk.

Playing with morons can be HARDER than playing with smart players. They are harder to predict. I have to ask: Do you consider Derrick as a good player or not?

07-28-15, 09:00 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-15 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

I think Derrick was a very good player and deserved the win last season. He shouldn't have to apologize for the idiots he was casted with...that apology should be made by Production.

Interesting what Derrick did with Victoria, Austin tried to do with Jackie. The difference is Victoria didn't narc out Derrick the way Jackie did to Austin.

He also needed girly-man Cody to leave his $500,000 check on then table he would have won sitting next to Victoria, but it was Derrick who initiated the "Hit Men" alliance with Cody early on so he gets credit for that.

I still rank Dan as the best who ever played the game, but Derrick deserves mention in the discussion.

PS: In High School I wasn't exactly looking for the "right" girl...

07-28-15, 10:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
>LAST EDITED ON 07-28-15
>AT 09:03 PM (EST)

>
>I think Derrick was a very
>good player and deserved the
>win last season. He shouldn't
>have to apologize for the
>idiots he was casted with...that
>apology should be made by
>Production.

I'm glad to hear you liked Derrick.

>Interesting what Derrick did with Victoria,
>Austin tried to do with
>Jackie. The difference is Victoria
>didn't narc out Derrick the
>way Jackie did to Austin.

The difference was that Austin didn't offer anything to Victoria, he just warned her which could even have been perceived as a threat. Derrick really helped Victoria so she had reasons to stay loyal to him.

>He also needed girly-man Cody to
>leave his $500,000 check on
>then table he would have
>won sitting next to Victoria,
>but it was Derrick who
>initiated the "Hit Men" alliance
>with Cody early on so
>he gets credit for that.

Victoria was well liked so I understand why Cody made the choice to go with a guy whom he thought had played the same game. It's just that he didn't know half of what Derrick had done.

>PS: In High School I wasn't
>exactly looking for the "right"
>girl...

If you notice, I put right in quotation marks, leaving some room to the imagination!

07-29-15, 05:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
>The difference was that Austin didn't offer anything to Victoria(sic), I know you meant Jackie.

What he offered Jackie was information...a pipeline into what the co-HOHs were thinking. In week four that's a great offering to receive IMO.

>Victoria was well liked so I understand why Cody made the choice to go with a guy whom he thought had played the same game.

I don't think Victoria was well-liked last season. A big reason Derrick was able to scoop her up as a free agent was because the female HGs pretty much alienated her. Probably because she was in front of the mirror more than with the other players. I know that drove Caleb totally crazy. Zach (a juror member) flat-out hated her. I suppose Frankie could have been a disgruntled sore-loser and thrown her a "Bitter Betty" vote, but no way would she have gotten the necessary five votes to win.

>If you notice, I put right in quotation marks, leaving some room to the imagination!

As did I for the same reason. HaHa!

07-29-15, 05:15 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
Information is valuable but an offer to work together is better.

As for Victoria's likability, it was more the fact that she didn't have blood on her hands that made her a jury threat. The jury is always going to make it tough for those that lied to them so it's a natural reflex to go with the player that made the moves with you. Cody and Derrick played the game together from day 1 so, on the surface, it was a resonable decision to face the jury together.

I noticed that you didn't respond to my remark that Vanessa and Shelli and most of the 6th Sense alliance wouldn't have been hurt if Vanessa hadn't won the second HOH. I take it that you agree with me on that, especially since Vanessa herself regretted having to make that move. It would have been much simpler to let the others take out Austin.

07-29-15, 06:13 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
I sorta did respond to the Sixth Sense alliance that if Austin ends up getting blindsided it's a moot point.

If he doesn't and one of the Dark Mooners is evicted then Vanessa being HOH allows 6th Sense to maintain six strong in a House of 12 where the other six are unaligned.

07-29-15, 09:03 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
I guess you can't blame Austin too much for being led by his heart rather than his head, he certainly isn't the first "Beast to be slain by Beauty"©.

But it is rather odd and even pretty stupid not to try and cultivate Julia as well as Liz, even if Liz is the target of his emotions. And even though Julia isn't as receptive as Liz, trying to be friendly with her and even confiding in her while Liz is out of the house can't hurt. I don't think it's smart to pass up a possible three way alliance.

We, the audience, can see that Liz is a mean hearted trollop willing to lead her beast to the slaughter, with a smile on her lips and a song in her heart, and that adding Julia into the mix would only double the blood on the floor, but if he's in for a Liz, he might as well try to enlist her sister as well.

As far as he knows, Julia could only be an asset in all of his plans, in BB and after.

Additionally, at this point we obviously don't know if twins are on his personal bucket list in the other way, but a lot of guys wouldn't say no.

(BTW, BB producers, you can't use the theme "Beauty and the Beast"©, or "Beauty Slays the Beast"© for free. And it won't be cheap, either. Royalties, baby, royalties!).

07-29-15, 05:22 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
"I don't think it's smart to pass up a possible three way alliance."

Remove the word alliance and then you've got something...

But you are right. Austin was thinking much too far down the line when Liz and Julia would have become targets just for being a pair. Even if both wind up on the block, I think it will be simple to convince everyone that Liz was the one who entered the game first so she deserves to stay.

07-29-15, 06:21 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #5"
I hear what you're saying about Austin.

Whereas I can understand a guy's heart ruining his mind for the game, I agree on a personal level it makes no sense trying to connect with the object of your desire by alienating her twin sister.

If a sibling rivalry exists, then OK; but that's not the case with Liz and Julia. By my observation I seem to think Julia may be the more take-charge dominant one out of the two. If that's the case, then the saying, "If you want the kitten you have to please the cat" applies here.

Maybe Austin's using the approach taken by men during the Medieval times. After all, he did earn his graduate degree in "Medieval Romance" you know.

>(BTW, BB producers, you can't use
>the theme "Beauty and the
>Beast"©, or "Beauty Slays the
>Beast"© for free. And it
>won't be cheap, either. Royalties,
>baby, royalties!).

Well with the decent amount of "dough"-re-mi they took in from the Outback sponsorship last episode, I think they can afford it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •