The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-18-14, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List"
After three weeks I thought I'd post one of these. Not sure I'll keep it up weekly. We'll see how the season goes.

1) DONNIE - Hard not to like the "Duck Dynasty" dude. He's getting a lot of mileage in the game just by being himself--a kind-hearted forgiving soul. "You are, who you are, who you are." HMMM, now where have we heard that before? lol Oh, and winning competitions has helped him also.

2) FRANKIE - Gotta rank fancy pants a close second. His social game is head & shoulders above the other HGs. Kudos for coming up with the Zach/Ho-manda fake relationship resulting in an extra 5K each for TA. Yeah, I know he makes Liberace look straight, but his DR confessionals are the most entertaining. Only problem...NO ONE will want to sit next to this guy in the Finals.

3) CHRISTINE - Great position. Starts off the game in TWO alliances, yet not perceived as a threat. She's a weird bird, but gets along with everyone. I'd be shocked if she doesn't make Jury and would not be surprised to see her at the end. Now you see Production...you don't have to go to modeling agencies to cast HGs.

4) HAYDEN - My favorite personality this season. His "Spicoli" personae may have him underestimated, but I think he has a decent mind for the game. And he can hold his own in competitions. I'm hoping he goes far.

5) DERRICK - Wanted to rank him higher, but backdooring is a cowardly tactic in this game. Although I must say America did well putting TA together and I hope Derrick & Co. stay intact and advances in the game.

6) NICOLE - As I enter the "take 'em or leave 'em" portion of my list, Nicole is the best of the rest. She's wishy-washy when it comes to making big game moves, but I'm liking the Hayden-Nicole-Christine alliance. This could string her along deep into the game.

7) BRITNEY - Seems like a genuine good person but not quite sure she's cut out for Big Brother. She reacted well to being on the block by pulling on Devin's heartstrings to be removed, although I don't see her initiating any big gameplay.

8) AMBER - Meh, I dunno. She hasn't done anything to make me hate her. She hasn't done anything to make me love her. I see her more as a tool than anything else. As long as Caleb is in the House, it will not be good for her game. If/when she's evicted I won't be moved either way.

9) CODY - As a game player he doesn't appear to be in any trouble. As a person...that's another story. He starts off telling us in his profile that "Chick flicks are his guilty pleasure." Then his make-out scene with dad as he was departing for the game was borderline disturbing. And for someone who has not been at risk so far in the House, he has shed more than his season's quota of tears. Allow me to lay it on the line for you young man...You're a Sissy Boy!

Now we're getting into the Loathe portion...

10) CALEB - May I give you some man-to-boy advice? Here it is...a girl will know in the first 10 seconds whether she wants you or not. If she doesn't desire you in the first 10 seconds, you can work on her for the next 10 minutes, the next 10 days, the next 10 years, and it won't mean spit. Ok, end of lesson.

11) JOCASTA - Quintessential floater. If bunny ears don't come with that bowtie, then lose it. The only sight that looks more unsettling than Jocasta with a bowtie, is Jocasta without makeup.

12) VICTORIA - I used this phrase on the Survivor Boards but don't think I mentioned it here on BB. Victoria is your typical "2 at 10; 10 at 2" type of gal. Explanation: If she walks into a bar/club at 10:00pm you might give her a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10. But after four hours of solid drinking she'll look more like a "10" at 2:00am. Like Jocasta, a quintessential floater.

13) ZACH - CBS's strict rule prohibiting a player from striking another is the only thing keeping this obnoxious A-hole from being medi-vaced out of the House. I can understand why his 10-year old brother is his best friend. He's probably his ONLY friend.

EVICTIONS

DEVIN - As the season kicked off I thought I'd be cheering for this single dad...until he spread himself all over the House like fertilizer. Derrick said it best--a beast in competitions; horrible as a social player. Might have lasted longer on Survivor; but not in this game.

PAOLA Generally when you're pathetically inept, the Anti-Darwin Syndrome can keep you in the game for a while, but the "Battle of the Block" twist pretty much sealed her doom this season. She also didn't do herself any favors by trusting Devin to throw the BOB competition. But she was appealing eye-candy while she lasted.

JOEY - Although she did make her own bed, I kinda felt bad for her. It wasn't the worst idea in the world trying to form an all-girl alliance, but her approach was all wrong. Even so, there's a reason why in 16 seasons an all-girl alliance (or the prospect of one) is not successful.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List Round Robin 07-18-14 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List Aruba 07-19-14 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List Round Robin 07-21-14 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List kingfish 07-21-14 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List Aruba 07-22-14 5
                   RE: Love/Loathe List kingfish 07-22-14 6
                       RE: Love/Loathe List newsomewayne 07-23-14 7
                           RE: Love/Loathe List kingfish 07-23-14 8
 RE: Love/Loathe List kingfish 08-12-14 9
   RE: Love/Loathe List Colonel Zoiderg 08-12-14 10
   RE: Love/Loathe List newsomewayne 08-14-14 11
       RE: Love/Loathe List personofinterest 08-14-14 12
           RE: Love/Loathe List Colonel Zoiderg 08-14-14 13
               RE: Love/Loathe List kingfish 08-14-14 14
               RE: Love/Loathe List Aruba 08-14-14 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2559 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-18-14, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I can't hate Jocasta. Just can't do it. There are things about her I don't like a whole lot, but she's a sweetheart, and if I had to be in BB all summer I'd like somebody like her to be in there with me. Victoria and Zach I don't give enough of a $hit about to bother loathing. Caleb is the only one I really loathe, and that's because he's a complete d-bag and a-hole about Amber and otherwise does little to contribute to my enjoyment of the show. If I had my druthers, Jocasta would make the final and lose it to Donny.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-19-14, 06:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
The main reason I loathe Jocasta is for being a floater. The bowtie is ridiculous but even more so was her hysterical "over-the-top" reaction to being saved by Donny's POV. She's trying to tell us as a wife, mother, and Minister NO ONE has EVER "given her anything in her life!?" Come on...PLEEEASE!

But outside of the House I doubt I would hate her.

Victoria, Caleb and Zach are different. I'm unable to connect with someone who is not even remotely close to great-looking yet thinks she's God's Gift to the opposite gender. I doubt I would even acknowledge Caleb's existence. And it wouldn't take much to give Zach another black eye.

With all that being said, YES I would welcome a Donny/Jocasta Final because Donny would win in a landslide!

Round Robin 2559 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-21-14, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I don't hate floaters. Floaters are a necessary part of the game. Jocasta isn't perfect as a person or as a BB player, but I'm sure if I were in there with her, I'd love her. But as a juror there are several players I'd consider voting for over her.

kingfish 17506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-21-14, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
Floating can be and has been a winning strategy. And a strategy that wins has to be considered admirable.

Don't be hating the floater.

07-22-14, 12:36 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
Whereas floating/flying UTR is a "lazy man's" approach...a tactic many reality players will "back into" as a matter of self-preservation to mask their ineptness, your point is well taken that it is a staple in the game and has been used as a winning formula.

Even though it's within the rules it doesn't mean a viewer can't dislike it.

Here are a few other "strategies" used in the game...lying, deception, backstabbing, and generally treating another human being like crap. Even though we have had former HGs (namely Evil D!ck) who used all of them as "strategies to win," some viewers may not consider them "admirable."

Back to the topic of Jocasta...even those who think she's a Sweetheart, don't you think her carrying on at the BOB as Amber was finishing up the competition was completely and obnoxiously over-the-top???

Back to the Evil D!ck win...you remember Amber from that season? Are we going to be subjected to that again???!!!

07-22-14, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 07-22-14 AT 04:31 PM (EST)

I'm not criticizing your likes/hates, debates are fun. But I would criticize those in the BB house who profess to go after the floaters thinking that that is the best strategy, when in fact that would be a non-decision approach, reflective of a losing strategy and a weak thinker.

Keep them for a while. Floaters are easy targets, relatively ineffectual opponents, and can be influenced into voting as you want them to. Better to at least try and get rid of smarter opponents, sooner or later either you or they have to go anyway, and the longer they are in the house the longer you are in danger from them. You have to all this without being perceived as one of the smarter houseguests yourself.

The decisions to focus on Joey and Paola were ill advised, IMO.

newsomewayne 9289 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-14, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-14 AT 09:24 AM (EST)

I'll agree that the Paola target was a waste. As Devin showed, she was easily influenced and could be used.

However, I think for the first week eviction, Joey made a great choice. She was never going to be an effective leader of a group, but it was clear she wasn't going to "go along to get along." Plus she put herself out there as a target. She was not usable, not well liked, and not going to be missed. One kill, no blood, perfect first week execution, IMO.

Edit: Devin, not Derrick

07-23-14, 03:17 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-14 AT 03:17 PM (EST)

Good point. And the first week eviction is a gut reaction crap shoot anyway, the main goal is self-preservation. Joey's eviction wasn't the worst outcome possible.

Anybody but yourself should be considered a good target.

However, if they were prescient, getting Devin, Derrick, Christina, or any of the non-empty headed houseguests would have been even better. Joey was too scatterbrained and unsubtle to be a real threat. You could see her planning from a mile away.

It’s looking like (to me) that Derrick, Christina and maybe Nichole are the best strategists, thus the ones that everyone else should target. It might wise to keep Donnie in their sights, too.

08-12-14, 12:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-14 AT 12:35 PM (EST)

Tell me again, Who is Ariana Grande?

And why does Frankie think the whole world has heard of her?

(Nevermind).

Colonel Zoiderg 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-12-14, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I didn't know who she was until I saw Frankie.

That said, I don't blame him for trying. The house came down really hard on him (and less so on Christine for some reason) for getting Hayden out and for trying to switch things up. He has to do something to get back in the house's good graces. I'm guessing this will blow over before too long, and Frankie's upset win in the BOB despite no help from that POS Caleb, but still...remember, being in the BB house tends to cloud people's judgment.

Also, Caleb sucks.

newsomewayne 9289 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-14, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I would have L.M.A.O. if the whole house had just stared blankly why he tried to explain who his sister is and why it is such a big deal.

personofinterest 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-14-14, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I was hoping that would happen. As it was, it seemed like Victoria and Nicole may have been the only two who really had heard of her. Derrick thought "Ari" was a guy!

I still like Donny, but he seems to have given up. Victoria doesn't bother me, and every now and then she says something that almost makes sense!

Caleb sometimes amuses me with his delusions. Derrick is at least playing the game (and seems to have total control of it).

I like Frankie, Cody, and Christine less each time I see a show or read about their days.

Colonel Zoiderg 65 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-14-14, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I didn't know who Ariana Grande was until I saw this season of BB. I don't listen to her music and don't know any of it, and if he had told me he was related to her, I wouldn't have known who he was talking about. But then again, when it comes to music, my wife remains on the cutting edge, and I just don't care.

That said, Derrick crucifying Frankie for hiding his true identity - what the hell? Derrick hasn't told anyone he's a cop FOR THE SAME DAMN REASON Frankie didn't tell anyone about his famous sister - he's trying to give himself a better chance in the game. Derrick is not as perfect as he seems.

08-14-14, 04:16 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I guess we're in the wrong demographic, Zoid. And it really says something that most of the house is also in the wrong demographic. Kinda means that we are in the wrong wrong wrong wrong demographic.

If Victoria had been on her toes (no surprise that she wasn't) she should have said that Frankie's revelation prompted her to come forward with her own, that she is a Kardashian. Might have not have helped her strategically, but it would have been entertaining and showed some imagination on her part.

As for Derrick, I don’t see anything to criticize him for. Keeping his secret was smart, and even if it was hypocritical, and putting Frankie in a bad light for his lying was also smart.

08-14-14, 08:48 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List"
I respect this might be a matter of opinion here, but IMHO there's a difference between proactively initiating a lie vs. plain old omission.

Even though HGs have agreed to put themselves into the TV rooms of millions and millions of primetime viewers captured by hundreds of cameras, as a human being every individual has the right to maintain their personal/private information unless of course they have no issue to offer that information to others.

Obviously what is personal/private varies from individual to individual. Me myself...there's four items I covet as personal and would not readily offer to others AND would not impose upon others to reveal as a mater of mutual respect. They are as follows (in no particular order) :

1) Age
2) Weight
3) Sexual preference
4) Financial status...this include salary, occupation, source of wealth, etc.

Furthermore if anyone has the audacity to ask me about any of the above, I doubt I would give them a truthful answer. Why? Because I'm a "liar?" Not really...it's because it's not their business.

Unless I missed something early in the season, I do not recall Frankie announcing to the HGs that he is NOT related to a famous personality or Derrick stating he is NOT a cop or affiliated with any law enforcement. They simply omitted what they had every right not to reveal.

I don't think Derrick really gave a hoot nor criticized the fact that Frankie earlier omitted his relation to some famous personality who, by Derrick's own admission, didn't even know the gender of.

My take on what occurred last night was that Derrick accused Frankie for revealing his secret in an attempt to camouflage the fact he was a lying deceitful snake in the game...an accusation that proved to be correct. THAT'S the beef Derrick has with Frankie and why he "crucified" him, hence I do not see Derrick as a hypotcrite.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •